PDA

View Full Version : Spurs need to do somethin

STEVEYCU
01-12-2007, 04:21 PM
OK so the trade with the Clips isnt gonna happen, C Web probably wont end up here, and it seems like the Spurs FO isnt looking anywere for help with any sence of urgency....... Meanwhile it is clear the Spurs are strugiling, game after game you dont know what your gonna get with this team. At times they look great but then they end up showin there age and weakness ( free throws , rebounding, even missin lay ups )
So what can the Spurs do.. Dose any one see any other trades that could work or free agents that may be getting relessed like Webber is? The west is extremly tough and the Spurs are endanger of falling to the forth or even fifth in the seeding by playoff time, and if that happens you know who will be the second round opponent agin

dknights411
01-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Same thread, last week.

Mr. Body
01-12-2007, 04:33 PM
What I want to know is why my vBookie Cash reverted to $500.

AFBlue
01-12-2007, 04:37 PM
I think Watson in Seattle could be had, but it would take Barry to do it.

Outside of that, the Spurs can get marginally better players than the one they would replace if the Spurs used Williams' contract.

What to look for in that area are teams that are under the cap that look to be further under (Bobcats and Magic come to mind). Or teams that consider themselves out of the running by all-star break and are looking to deal for picks/cap space (Hornets come to mind). With those three teams I can think of three players that fit the bill.....Melvin Ely, Keyon Dooling, Desmond Mason.

As I said, marginally better than Eric Williams, but still fit a need.

Budkin
01-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Why are people starting the same freaking threads over and over... we've been discussing this topic for 2 weeks.

Mr. Body
01-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Please no Watson. That's a bitch of a contract.

I say we need to go Crappa.

STEVEYCU
01-12-2007, 04:44 PM
since the wel seems almost dry at this point I am just prayin that Elson comes back real soon and can stay injury free, with him in the line up the Spurs seem to be more consistant

silk
01-12-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't want to be rude but if you don't wanna read these jus't pass your way maybe the one who started this thread and who are discussing it now have not discussed it for two weeks like you

Kori Ellis
01-12-2007, 04:46 PM
What I want to know is why my vBookie Cash reverted to $500.

There's an annoucement about it at the top of the forum that's been there a few days.

Mr. Body
01-12-2007, 04:54 PM
There's an annoucement about it at the top of the forum that's been there a few days.

But I wanted a personalized response for myself.

Bruno
01-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Spurs' have more cojones than fans. While we are pushing the panic button, they are waiting to get a good offer. The best example of that is Rasho : they have waited, waited, waited while everybody (except angel and ploto) wanted to trade him and at the end they have made a great deal.

ShoogarBear
01-12-2007, 05:03 PM
But I wanted a personalized response for myself.
Mr. Body:

I reset your vBookie because you suck at vBookie.

Have a nice day.

Love, Kori

ChumpDumper
01-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Spurs' have more cojones than fans. While we are pushing the panic button, they are waiting to get a good offer. The best example of that is Rasho : they have waited, waited, waited while everybody (except angel and ploto) wanted to trade him and at the end they have made a great deal.Really, what was the last January trade made by the Spurs?

Bruno
01-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Really, what was the last January trade made by the Spurs?

I don't get what do you want to say.

ChumpDumper
01-12-2007, 05:11 PM
I was agreeing with you. Expecting the Spurs to do something this second is unrealistic given that most of their past in-season trades happened at or near the trade deadline.

Solid D
01-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I bet all 18 Quintillion vBookie dollars during the "Forum lag" server problems....but lost it all.
Stupid Beno.

Soooo, I ended up with $500 fresh!

wildbill2u
01-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Everyone flails around on these threads like the sky is falling. The Spurs are always very conservative about trades/FAs and seldom make in season blockbusters--especially if they are still in the hunt for division championships.

Add to that the truth is we don't have many tradeable bodies and most of the proposed trades are either unmakeable because the other player is too good or too expensive or the player is over the hill or a horse's ass or both.

We are going to war with the troops we have now. They will have to win or lose this season without any more help. Book it.

Mr. Body
01-12-2007, 06:00 PM
We are going to war with the troops we have now. They will have to win or lose this season without any more help. Book it.

Then we'll lose it, or hope Dirk or Josh Howard goes down.

ponky
01-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Then we'll lose it, or hope Dirk or Josh Howard goes down.

Nice, hope for an injury, classy.

Anyway, why the fuck do people freak out? You lost three games in a row, big fucking deal, it' happened in spring of 05 and then you went on to collect another ring. The Spurs don't need someone new, they are fine THIS year with the roster they have. It's not like the Mavs won by a huge point differential and when they play the two teams play these days I always see the games as going 50-50 either way. You must be one of those Spurs fans who will quit watching games once Duncan's career ends.

Mr. Body
01-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Nice, hope for an injury, classy.

Irony, imbecile.

dbestpro
01-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Everyone flails around on these threads like the sky is falling. The Spurs are always very conservative about trades/FAs and seldom make in season blockbusters--especially if they are still in the hunt for division championships.

Add to that the truth is we don't have many tradeable bodies and most of the proposed trades are either unmakeable because the other player is too good or too expensive or the player is over the hill or a horse's ass or both.

You either finish first or you finish last.

STEVEYCU
01-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Maybe its time to give Butler a few more minutes.... let Horry rest every other game and see if Butler can give em anything in a couple games. He was supposed to be our big free agent guy so lets see what he can do if only for a couple games

midgetonadonkey
01-12-2007, 07:06 PM
You must be one of those Spurs fans who will quit watching games once Duncan's career ends.

The same way you are one of the Mavs fans that never watched before Dirk got there.

Extra Stout
01-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Second-round playoff fodder for the true title contenders: Dallas and Phoenix.

wildbill2u
01-13-2007, 02:00 AM
I agree with all those above who think our chances are less than 50-50 for a championship with the team we have now. But we face those odds every year.

Anyone who thinks there is a magic trade or acquisition that will improve this team enough that we would be a lock for the championship is crazy. Ain't happening. Can't happen.

Last year we came close. This year we may not be as close because right now it looks like the team didn't improve its bench. Finley and Horry really are showing their age--a step slower and worse than last year. Beno and Vaughn may not be adequate backup PGs. El-Berto is equal but not much better than NAS-Rash. Barry is hot and cold. Bonner is Horry without the D.

Phoenix and Dallas both have better teams through six players deep on their roster. We'll need great performances and luck to get through the WCF. That's reality.

SequSpur
01-13-2007, 02:03 AM
da spurs and popadipshit ain't doing nuthin.

THE SIXTH MAN
01-13-2007, 02:04 AM
The Spurs wont make a move until the deadline approaches. Anybody other than an n00b knows that.

The Truth #6
01-13-2007, 03:21 AM
I agree, the deadline is when the front office hopes to pull its magic when other GMs get desperate. The trades that should have gone through - Malik for Kurt Thomas, Brent for J.R. Smith - were good trades, except they somehow didn't go through.

I wonder what great trade will almost but not go through this year? I can't wait!

STEVEYCU
01-13-2007, 03:37 AM
Denver pulled off a little trade with Andre Miller for AI and the spurs cant even land a freakin decent young roll player...... WTF

T Park
01-13-2007, 03:41 AM
Denver pulled off a little trade with Andre Miller for AI and the spurs cant even land a freakin decent young roll player...... WTF

Oh christ, not one of these people.....

Sacramental
01-13-2007, 04:57 AM
would you guys be interested in kenny thomas? :)

mFFL03
01-13-2007, 05:26 AM
quit.

freaking.

out.

you have a good team. and it's a long season. stop talking about age, because mutombo is still playing, and last time I checked, he's doing a damn fine job.

stop talking about a trade....all you all need is a fire under your asses.

AND STOP MAKING THIS DAMN THREAD

Texas_Ranger
01-13-2007, 05:54 AM
Yea they need to make their team younger.

AFE7FATMAN
01-13-2007, 07:02 AM
4 Possibilities for the future, as I don't see a ring this year or in the future at this team stands now..

1. Trade, near the deadline.
2. Trade at draft time.
3. Trade over the summer
4. Rebuild the team around TP for the long run.

Big Shot Rob
01-13-2007, 08:26 AM
I think the FO has picked number 4.

Fuck this year--no way we can compete in a seven game series against Mavs.

No more contracts--no more old has-beens.

Will get younger next year.

Mavs will win it this year.

ponky
01-13-2007, 09:38 AM
The same way you are one of the Mavs fans that never watched before Dirk got there.

And you know this because? Try 1994 idiot, I started watching them because I was/am a huge Kidd fan. I have followed the Knicks since a little kid, the Rockets since the late 80s and the Mavs since Kidd was drafted and I currently have season tickets to the Mavs and Rockets.

ShoogarBear
01-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Good news for you then: Kidd's available.

regio
01-13-2007, 01:35 PM
why are you so bitter "mermaid time", the spurs might not be the best team in the nba but they are certainly not nearly as bad as New York and still you come here saying that the spurs suck

STEVEYCU
01-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Everyone is sayin how old the Spurs are old but the fact is this was a choice the FO made for us.. If you look at some of the former players we probably could have a younger more athletic line up... Players like Devin Brown and Antonio Daniels were let go in favor of older guys like Fin and Barry, and Steven Jackson even thogh he made a stupid choice by leaving did so probably because Pop wanted him to play like a veteran.... The Spurs staff loves picking up these older guys and it worked when Tim was a little younger but times are catchin up with the Spurs and every other team is gettin younger and quiker, so at least for once they passed up an old guy in Webber

Leetonidas
01-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Antonio Daniels? :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Couldn't this have gone in your own thread that's still on the front page?

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Antonio Daniels is now old. Young players don't stay young forever, wtf?

Work on mixing in a young period every now and then.

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Not every new thought is worth starting a thread over. I wish new posters would realize that.

SequSpur
01-14-2007, 10:08 PM
good point, the only players the Spurs draft are shitholes from Europe that ain't going to play here except for maybe the summer league...

Devin Brown and Antonio Daniels are much better than the shit bags on the Spurs bench.

AceProfits
01-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Not every new thought is worth starting a thread over. I wish new posters would realize that.

Not every thought is worth a reply in every thread. I wish old posters would realize that.

SequSpur
01-14-2007, 10:13 PM
the more topics, the more replies, the better.... wtf?

AceProfits
01-14-2007, 10:17 PM
the more topics, the more replies, the better.... wtf?

Obviously Manny doesn't understand that this is a busy board. I am new here and feel at home already. Maybe Manny would like to visit some ghost town boards before making comments like that. Saying stuff like that makes newbies feel not wanted.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2007, 10:17 PM
It doesn't look like he's scaring anyone off.

SequSpur
01-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Obviously Manny doesn't understand that this is a busy board. I am new here and feel at home already. Maybe Manny would like to visit some ghost town boards before making comments like that. Saying stuff like that makes newbies feel not wanted.

do you like Bonner and Beno?

Budkin
01-14-2007, 10:21 PM
They won't get far this season with the current lineup...

Can not beat Dallas or any of the other contenders.

Might as well call it quits.

:lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

TROLLS crack me up!!!

AceProfits
01-14-2007, 10:22 PM
do you like Bonner and Beno?

I love Beno's talent. Otherwise I don't think he is good for us. He is obviously not a gym rat like the rest of the spurs. I don't see him here after the trading deadline thats for sure.

Red Rocket. Was playing good. I don't really care for him. I believe Pop was just using him for some regular season minutes. Don't forget it wasn't Bonner's talent Pop traded for it was the fact that his contract expires after this year.

With Bonner's and Williams contracts coming off the books I think that is around 7 mil? Not bad for a team that has Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker locked up.

BERSERK
01-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Just wake me up when the playoff's are here.http://lifeintheoffice.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/boredom.png

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Obviously Manny doesn't understand that this is a busy board. I am new here and feel at home already. Maybe Manny would like to visit some ghost town boards before making comments like that. Saying stuff like that makes newbies feel not wanted.What does understanding that this is a busy board have anything to do with wanting the quality of threads to be high? :lol @ you thinking that my comments are going to scare people off or hurt anyones feelings. Even if they did, take a look at my avatar. Do I look like the kind of person that cares?

AceProfits
01-14-2007, 11:26 PM
take a look at my avatar. Do I look like the kind of person that cares?

Looking to the left:: WOW I see u have over 22,000 posts. That my friend is a cry for help. Now go make me a burger.

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Looking to the left:: WOW I see u have over 22,000 posts. That my friend is a cry for help. Now go make me a burger.I see. Those with this many posts are issuing a cry for help, correct?

ChumpDumper
01-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Help!

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 11:29 PM
I need somebody.

AceProfits
01-14-2007, 11:30 PM
I see. Those with this many posts are issuing a cry for help, correct?

Are u Mexican?

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 11:30 PM
No, I'm Manny.

AceProfits
01-14-2007, 11:33 PM
No, I'm Manny.

Oh thats too bad. I thought maybe you were Mexican. I love your country. I have 43 Mexicans employed here In NYC. I don't know where I would be in the construction field without your countries services.
ViVa! 3 dollar an hour workers!

When my country was building the Parthenon you were still trying to figure out fire.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Just when you felt at home....

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Necesito ayuda, por favor!

<-------

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 11:37 PM
:lmao

When your country? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhk. What do I care who you had employed? You think by saying some people who I've never met nor I never will made minimum wage or lower I'm going to be hurt?

:lol @ trying to bring racial smack into the equation after dropping post count smack. You're incredibly weak. I look forward to your great basketball takes. If they're nearly as good as your attempts at insults then I'll probably be bitching everytime you start a thread as well.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Do yourself a favor and cut the bullshit, noob.

ShoogarBear
01-14-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm tellin' ya, there's no smarter move one can make than to go onto a San Antonio board and talk crap about Mexicans.

Maybe you should think of switching to switching your allegiances to a more accomodating fan base, like the Mavs.

Marcus Bryant
01-14-2007, 11:49 PM
The Spurs can find an athletic rebounding illegal 3/4?

Holt Cat would be pleased.

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 11:50 PM
The Spurs can find an athletic rebounding illegal 3/4?

Holt Cat would be pleased.And they can sign him for 3 dollars an hour.

Marcus Bryant
01-14-2007, 11:51 PM
Anyways, I doubt whoever above really lives in NYC and employs others.

Extra Stout
01-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Three men, an Italian, a Jew, and a Greek, are crossing the road, when a bus runs them all over, killing them instantly. They appear before Saint Peter, who prepares to let them into Heaven.
The three plead and beg to be allowed to go back, as they're only young and haven't led full lives. Eventually Saint Peter relents and lets them go back to earth - on the one condition that they give up the one thing that each of them wants most of all in life, not even to attempt to attain it.
BANG!! They're back in the same street they came from, all a bit shocked by the experience.
Within a few minutes, they're passing by a pizza shop. The Italian can't help himself, he runs in, and just as he's about to take a bite of pizza, BANG!!, the Italian disappears - he's gone back to Heaven.
The other two are quite shocked by this, but then continue on walking. Just then, a dollar coin rolls across the footpath in front of the two men. The Jew can't help himself, he bends over, and just as he's about to pick up the coin, BANG!!, the Greek disappears.

lil'mo
01-15-2007, 12:35 AM
anal sex is hedonistic

STEVEYCU
01-15-2007, 04:00 AM
Ok I think Brent B is a great guy and doin a good job this year but seriously Magette has a great upside and if the Clips will really take Berry and Udrih for him I think they should pull the triger. He is younger, can create his own shot, and it will get how much everyone hates Beno happy

ChumpDumper
01-15-2007, 04:05 AM
Says knickfan.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2007, 04:15 AM
ironic

:sleep