PDA

View Full Version : We Need Some Frontline Reinforcement

Timmy!
01-12-2007, 04:58 PM
We need more rebounding and toughness inside. I'm really glad to see Bonner stepping up but I don't think he's our long-term solution. I'm still on the fence w/Elson. What is the possibility of bringing in Scola....has that window been closed for this season?

timvp
01-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Scola is a free agent the summer of 2008.

ShoogarBear
01-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Everybody's been saying we need a real horse to help out on the front line.

That got me to thinkin' . . .

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2006/images/home/barbaro.jpg

Timmy!
01-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Right....so say if we bring him in this season, we would need to buyout his current contract. Is he subject to the Feb trade deadline also?

Rynospursfan
01-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Right....so say if we bring him in this season, we would need to buyout his current contract. Is he subject to the Feb trade deadline also?

I think that Horse Shoog posted may have a better chance of suiting up for the Spurs this season than Scola.

ChumpDumper
01-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Right....so say if we bring him in this season, we would need to buyout his current contract. Is he subject to the Feb trade deadline also?No but his buyout is subject to the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement. We don't have any money left to sign him.

STEVEYCU
01-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Maybe its time to give Butler a few more minutes.... let Horry rest every other game and see if Butler can give em anything in a couple games

wildbill2u
01-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Bonner was doing pretty good at spreading the floor for others with his shooting from behind the arc and he hustled, although sometimes he hustled to the wrong position on the floor.

I'm not very happy with Horry and Williams as our alternate big wings. Elson, Berto and Butler are definitely centers.

I was against the Webber deal, but now think we might take another look if it isn't too late. Or find someone else among the dreck on other teams. Trouble is, Bonner was probably part of any trade we'd be likely to make.