PDA

View Full Version : NBA Ref Suspended for Obscene Gesture to Fans

Kori Ellis
01-12-2007, 11:05 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- NBA official Rodney Mott was suspended three games without pay Friday for making an obscene gesture toward a fan and also using inappropriate language.

Mott made the gesture and remarks after the Portland Trail Blazers' 93-90 loss to the Miami Heat on Sunday night in Portland.

The 49-year-old Mott is in his ninth season as an NBA official.

Greg Oden
01-12-2007, 11:06 PM
the heat won. he's an official so he should be happy, not making obscense gestures.

Leetonidas
01-12-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm kinda surprised this doesn't happen more because of the heat the officials take.

mavsfan1000
01-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Good to see the officials get punished as well. I wish it would be more often though.

FlyHigh07
01-12-2007, 11:14 PM
That's great. Those fucking refs get away with everything. Teams lose game because of the refs. Fuck them.

SAtown
01-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Good to see the officials get punished as well. I wish it would be more often though.

Yeah, I wish it happened last playoffs. You guys wouldn't have won

Tek_XX
01-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Is this a playoff ref, or just a regular season guy?

Bob Lanier
01-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Wake me up when it happens to Bavetta or Dan Crawford.

tlongII
01-13-2007, 12:06 AM
You should have seen that game. The Heat shot 30 FT's and the Blazers shot 7. Wade was 15 for 17 from the line and Brandon Roy didn't get to the line once. The refs just couldn't have Miami lose in Wade's first game back from injury. It was ridiculous.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-13-2007, 12:26 AM

And yet you and others defended Terry for Groingate.

Pot, I'd like to introduce you to kettle.

RonMexico
01-13-2007, 06:06 AM
Wake me up when it happens to Bavetta or Dan Crawford.

I think Dan Crawford is pretty good...

mavsfan1000
01-13-2007, 06:11 AM
I think Dan Crawford is pretty good...
I bet you do think he is good. Mavs have a horrible record with him as the ref. He definitely has something against us.

RonMexico
01-13-2007, 06:38 AM
I bet you do think he is good. Mavs have a horrible record with him as the ref. He definitely has something against us.

Smooth - we have terrible records with Javie (he and D'Antoni don't get along), Salvatore (um, Lakers series - 'nuff said), and recently Joey Crawford who I really used to like...

Amare_32
01-15-2007, 11:40 AM
It had to do with the "foul' called against Aldridge. Wade did his usual spin move tripped and fell. Aldridge was not anywhere near Wade but got the foul.
________
Buy volcano vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/volcano-vaporizer.html)
________
Iolite vaporizer colors (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/)

Amare_32
01-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Dwyane Wade was back on the court Sunday night, scoring 33 points vs. the Blazers in a close win.

Wade was his usual nasty self (check the dunk he had on Zach Randolph), but he also benefited from some of those calls that had Mavs fans livid during last year?s NBA Finals.

Late in the fourth, Flash drove left and spun right past LaMarcus Aldridge. Then, it looked to us like Wade simply slipped and fell for what would have been a crucial turnover, but the refs called a foul on Aldridge.

The Heat announcers ? some of the biggest homers in the league ? only brought up that ?it was the right call? that Wade didn?t go to the line because he wasn?t shooting. Actually, it was the wrong call, because Wade wasn?t fouled. Either way, D-Wade hit his free throws down the stretch and Jason Kapono hit a couple big treys in the fourth to help Miami pull it out.
________
NEXIUM CLASSACTION (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)