PDA

View Full Version : ChumpDumper...are we there yet?

Solid D
01-12-2007, 11:12 PM
http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20070112/AUSLAD/recap.html

http://www.nba.com/media/JJames-White345.jpg

Austin outscored Los Angeles by 16 in the fourth quarter to turn a five-point deficit into a 108-97 road victory on Friday. James White (above) shot 9-for-15 on his way to 25 points, and Troy Bell (19 and 10 rebounds) and Loren Woods (16 and 10) added double-doubles for the Toros.

The D-Fenders held the D-League’s leading scorer, B.J. Elder, in check and only allowed him to score two points in 23 minutes, but Austinforward James White could not be contained. White finished the game with a team-high 25 points on 9-of-15 shooting.

“James played very well for us. He has done everything that we’ve asked of him, and things have turned out well,” said Austin Head Coach Dennis Johnson.

Mr. Body
01-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Why's he laying that shot up? Dunking is what he does.

dave
01-12-2007, 11:16 PM
dominating in the D-League is nothing
Pape Sow was doing it and he still sucks
he had like 40 points during one game, and 24 rebounds in another

ducks
01-12-2007, 11:17 PM
has anyone here said dominating the d league is the same as the nba?

ChumpDumper
01-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Good question. We've been playing some depleted and/or mediocre teams lately. We don't play anyone really good until the end of the month. He'll be on NBAtv twice next week, so you can judge for yourselves.

Solid D
01-12-2007, 11:19 PM
dominating in the D-League is nothing
Pape Sow was doing it and he still sucks
he had like 40 points during one game, and 24 rebounds in another

<(pop!!!)>

http://www.bmumford.com/photo/balloons/TooFar.jpg
Our Balloon :(

ChumpDumper
01-12-2007, 11:20 PM
And that pictue is like two weeks old. They really need some new ones.

ChumpDumper
01-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Pape Sow was doing it and he still sucksUh, he broke his neck over the summer. Let me know if you want any other updates on your team.

Solid D
01-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Uh, he broke his neck over the summer. Let me know if you want any other updates on your team.

Most people here knew it about his unfortunate incident, but apparently not everyone.

ChumpDumper
01-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I suppose the Colorado team was the best opponent White has played, if you want try to get a statistical barometer. I try to pay more attention to his D in person.

ChumpDumper
01-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Another point about Sow: Stats for truly athletic big men are going to be skewed a bit in the D-League because 1) there aren't that many of them and 2) shots can be grabbed off the rim which pads rebounding numbers.

dave
01-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Uh, he broke his neck over the summer. Let me know if you want any other updates on your team.

i know that, but he was put back onto the roster before he got injured

T Park
01-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Troy Bell (19 and 10 rebounds

He wouldn't be a point guard would he?

ChumpDumper
01-13-2007, 12:30 AM
You wouldn't think so with his 8.3 rebounds per game in the last three. I don't know what got into him.

The Truth #6
01-13-2007, 03:25 AM
Why's he laying that shot up? Dunking is what he does.

Perhaps he took off from half-court and didn't time his jump?

TDMVPDPOY
01-13-2007, 03:50 AM
is teh d-league even as competitive than college bball??

and does the spurs management have a say in teh torros coachin and staff etc???

Darkwaters
01-13-2007, 11:47 AM
and does the spurs management have a say in teh torros coachin and staff etc???

No, the Spurs assign White to the Torros and then have no say in how he is used. But the fact is that the D-League exists to develop players and so that NBA teams can assign a player there and expect that he gets some PT. Regardless of whether or not a d-league team thinks a player fits in their system, if an NBA team assigns him to them I'm sure he will get a decent amount of minutes. If NBA teams cannot rely on their D-League teams to give their players minutes then they cannot rely on the D-League at all. If the D-League cannot be relied on then why does it exist at all?

picnroll
01-13-2007, 12:04 PM
So how does White's D look?

Kori Ellis
01-13-2007, 02:39 PM
No, the Spurs assign White to the Torros and then have no say in how he is used. But the fact is that the D-League exists to develop players and so that NBA teams can assign a player there and expect that he gets some PT. Regardless of whether or not a d-league team thinks a player fits in their system, if an NBA team assigns him to them I'm sure he will get a decent amount of minutes. If NBA teams cannot rely on their D-League teams to give their players minutes then they cannot rely on the D-League at all. If the D-League cannot be relied on then why does it exist at all?

Well each NBA team can send a coach down to DLeague to help their players, so in that case, I think they'd have some input. But I think there's a good working relationship in any case and that the NBA players that get sent down get utilized.

RobinsontoDuncan
01-13-2007, 02:42 PM
The other question he asked is more important to me....is the D-League as competitive as NCAA ball?

ChumpDumper
01-13-2007, 02:54 PM
It varies as much as the NCAA does. The main thing is they try to play an NBA game with NBA rules for the most part, witha couple of experiments thrown in.

timvp
01-13-2007, 05:25 PM
If the best DLeague team played the best NCAA team, the DLeague team would win. But there are some bad DLeague teams so it's hard to compare it straight across the boad.

remingtonbo2001
01-13-2007, 06:11 PM
If the best DLeague team played the best NCAA team, the DLeague team would win. But there are some bad DLeague teams so it's hard to compare it straight across the boad.

I'm not sure about OSU and Greg Oden...I would imagine Wilt Chamberlene type numbers....A large part due to the inadequete number of quality big men.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-13-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure about OSU and Greg Oden...I would imagine Wilt Chamberlene type numbers....A large part due to the inadequete number of quality big men.

He's not exactly putting up Wilt Chamberlin numbers against other college centers

remingtonbo2001
01-13-2007, 07:52 PM
True, but I believe the competition of post players at the colligiate level is higher than the NBDL...Plus I believe NBA RULES with be more to his benefit, as well a slower style of game....College is so up and down....He needs to be placed in a H.C. Offense...Okay, I concied my statement, but still I could see him putting up 30 points grabbing 20 rebounds....maybe 5 blocks.....