PDA

View Full Version : *gasp* A Gervin Jersey in Australia?

DieMrBond
01-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Today, while i was out shopping with the kids, saw a guy wearing a George Gervin jersey. :fro Now, this might not seem strange to most of you SA folk, but here in Perth, Australia, i was pretty damn surprised, considering 99.9% of the population haven't even heard of Kobe Bryant, let alone the Iceman.

Have you ever seen a spurs jersey (or any other team/sport) somewhere, where you never would have imagined?

AlamoSpursFan
01-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Yep.

Back in late 2003 I was driving through Chicago and I saw a Tim Duncan jersey on someone waiting for the commuter train.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah. I saw Arsenio Hall wearing a Duncan jersey on "the Best Damn Sports Show Period".

And I thought Arsenio only liked black people. Who knew?

Melmart1
01-13-2007, 04:15 PM
In 1999, I was in Japan just days after the Spurs won their 1st championship and this dude wanted me to trade my championship hat for his ugly-ass military hat. I wouldn't budge (and the language barrier didn't help) but my bf traded with him cus it was some historical hat or something. So there is at least one person in Japan with the ugly-ass old fiesta logo Spurs championship hat.

xcoriate
01-15-2007, 06:59 AM
I would so rock a Gervin jersey.... and I'm Australian.

DieMrBond
01-15-2007, 06:48 PM
So would i xcoriate, so would i - i should have asked him where he got it from!

Ive only ever seen Timmy + Drob jerseys (and thats usually only on the shelf in a few sports stores)

SequSpur
01-15-2007, 07:13 PM
I saw a Spurs jersey just today... Wow.

Taco
01-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Today, while i was out shopping with the kids, saw a guy wearing a George Gervin jersey. :fro Now, this might not seem strange to most of you SA folk, but here in Perth, Australia, i was pretty damn surprised, considering 99.9% of the population haven't even heard of Kobe Bryant, let alone the Iceman.

Have you ever seen a spurs jersey (or any other team/sport) somewhere, where you never would have imagined?

That's pretty cool :tu

A couple of years back I went to a Cowboys game and after the game when the players exit I saw Larry Allen wearing a Gervin jersey must have been and XXXL size :lol

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/6804/mvc127fdz7.jpghttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3641/mvc128fyl2.jpg

Shelly
01-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Yeah. I saw Arsenio Hall wearing a Duncan jersey on "the Best Damn Sports Show Period".

And I thought Arsenio only liked black people. Who knew?

Arsenio is still around???