PDA

View Full Version : No one can beat the Spurs in Seven

carib
01-13-2007, 09:21 AM
We will go through a few stretch losing 2 or 3 back to back in the regular season but the good thing is we always come back and work it out. The team we have is a little bit faster and the bench is deeper this year, and Pop is doing a good job mixing the rotation up at this point. Thank God we did not have any serious injuries this season that slowed down or stop the cohesiveness.

The positive is that we are sticking with it and mixing up the rotation now, and when the time comes we will go all the way, it’s not going to be an easy road but we will provile in the end.

polandprzem
01-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Weak post

carib
01-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Its time to start showing your Spurs pride, we are in the thick of things.

O it's weak

When people are complaining about the team, every one has something negative to say, how about saying something positive sometimes.

TxJudsonRocketTx
01-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Thank God we did not have any serious injuries this season that slowed down or stop the cohesiveness.

I agree on the weak post, and did I miss something because this guy's makin it seem like the playoffs are here or somethin :drunk

SPURS vs NBA media
01-13-2007, 09:54 AM

O it's weak

When people are complaining about the team, every one has something negative to say, how about saying something positive sometimes.

coming from a person who last month started a thread that the spurs will not win the title this year,

polandprzem
01-13-2007, 10:03 AM

O it's weak

The spurs are superb.

That is possitive but is it a worthy post?

zeleni
01-13-2007, 10:23 AM
1. No Spurs pride, if you bash Beno
2. Elson is a pretty serious injury, if Bonner is the only guy playing this season with good minutes
3. Spurs at this time can be beaten in 7.
4. Things do get better, better all the time.

wildbill2u
01-13-2007, 11:16 AM
We can win every seven game series with a little luck and if everyone is playing well.

I'm worried about the teams like Phoenix and Dallas who can win every seven game series by playing well without any luck factor.

spurschick
01-13-2007, 11:23 AM
1. No Spurs pride, if you bash Beno

I think there's even more Spurs pride because we bash Beno.

We bash our guys all the time because we know they can do better. Have you not seen the threads where we petition Timmy to STFU and play, or we tell Manu to pull his head out of this ass? Trading Brent has become the national pasttime and we've got shallow graves dug for Finley and Horry. And beyond all of this, most of us still think that we will celebrating in June.

mountainballer
01-13-2007, 11:41 AM
No one can beat the Spurs in Seven

the claim to be invincible does not prove pride as you think, it proves just arrogance and stupidity.

of course, there are some teams out there, that could beat the Spurs. Mavs were able to do it last year and they are even more able to do it this year. Spurs have to respect this fact and have to react to this fact, if they want to have a chance to NOT get beaten !

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-13-2007, 11:51 AM
No one can beat the Spurs in Seven

You might have a point if Dallas hadn't just done it last year. You and zocool16 should hang out.

Extra Stout
01-13-2007, 11:55 AM
The Mavericks and Suns quite readily could beat the Spurs in fewer than 7 games.

The Spurs also would be vulnerable against the Rockets, Lakers, and Jazz.

This team is second-round playoff fodder.

Budkin
01-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Right now with our current roster the Mavs would definitely beat us in seven, and most likely fewer.

LEONARD
01-13-2007, 01:08 PM
We will go through a few stretch losing 2 or 3 back to back in the regular season but the good thing is we always come back and work it out. The team we have is a little bit faster and the bench is deeper this year, and Pop is doing a good job mixing the rotation up at this point. Thank God we did not have any serious injuries this season that slowed down or stop the cohesiveness.

The positive is that we are sticking with it and mixing up the rotation now, and when the time comes we will go all the way, it’s not going to be an easy road but we will provile in the end.

Hmmm...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55005

What's changed?? :lol

Texas_Ranger
01-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Nobody can tell for sure. So just don't talk to early.

Dirk Nowitzki
01-13-2007, 01:42 PM

Spurs beating the AJ coached Mavs in a 7 game series? :drunk :lmao You guys will be lucky to take the series beyond 5 games. I think we will even sweep you if we dont give any games away. Playing NBA Live on X-Box 360 is giving you false hope. :)

JsnSA
01-13-2007, 01:48 PM
The spurs can beat the spurs in seven.

They did last year.

It could happen again. Hopefully not though.

TDMVPDPOY
01-13-2007, 02:11 PM
the refs can beat the spurs in 4 games if they wanted too.....

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Weak post

Good point. That could prove costly for us in the playoffs.

Dirk Nowitzki
01-13-2007, 02:32 PM
the refs can beat the spurs in 4 games if they wanted too.....

:cry :cry

George Gervin's Afro
01-13-2007, 02:39 PM
any knowledgeable spurs fan knows that if the playoffs started tomorrow we'd be fortunate to win a series. we hope they progress like thay always seem to do but up until this point we've been extremely soft ... :nutkick:

it's time for the spurs to man up and play

SpurYank
01-13-2007, 03:11 PM
For some reason, I also feel like Carib. This is the same Spurs team (but a bit wiser, better, and boosted by new players like Bonner and a more seasoned Oberto, plus an Elston who will come back). Yeah, we may end up with the third, fourth, or hopefully not, fourth best record in the West. Yeah, if we duplicate our record in 74 games, we'll be 52 and 22, which means we could end up with a 57 and 25 final record. My guess is we'll improve slightly as the end of the season approaches, possibly ending up at 60 and 22. There may be one or two teams with a better record than that. We'll still be, at worst, seeded third.

I still have a feeling whatever team comes out of the West will have to get by the Spurs first. With Pop, our big three, and all those other role players, I wouldn't bet against the Spurs. Whoever bets against us does does it their own risk.

The Mavericks got in last year with sheer luck. The Spurs had them beat with 2 minutes to play. That experience will serve us well this year.

The Spurs will be there. We should all believe it. And it'll happen.

baseline bum
01-13-2007, 03:20 PM
The Spurs probably won't beat Dallas unless they fix their rebounding issues. I think they'd take Phoenix though.

timvp
01-13-2007, 03:37 PM

April 2006 Forum.

Fabbs
01-13-2007, 03:50 PM
April 2006 Forum.
Ditto.
carib do you think Dallas has gotten worse or something?
Or do you think "same Spurs -different outcome"?

carib
01-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Dallas will not beat the Spurs in 7 this time around, Dirk will get his points but they will not stop the Spurs top 3 players.

Keep in mind we don’t have the 2 slowest big men in the league any more, and Pop is doing more with the roster rotation, something he didn’t do last year.

The key to Dallas Spurs match up is that we have seen all that Dallas has to offer, this season. Now that Pop is playing with the rotation look out CIA pop is at it again.

remingtonbo2001
01-13-2007, 07:41 PM
The Mavericks and Suns quite readily could beat the Spurs in fewer than 7 games.

The Spurs also would be vulnerable against the Rockets, Lakers, and Jazz.

This team is second-round playoff fodder.

OH....IT'S TIME TO AWARD THE MID-SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY....Yeah, let's ask David Robinson how many of those he has locked away in his closet before the Timmy Duncan Era.....Personally, I'm a fan who is RELISHING in the Spurs WOES.....Cause every time this SHIT goes down...We SOMEHOW.....pull something straight from our asses and win it all....And guess what....It get's better and better everytime! :hungry:

Extra Stout
01-13-2007, 09:11 PM
OH....IT'S TIME TO AWARD THE MID-SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY....Yeah, let's ask David Robinson how many of those he has locked away in his closet before the Timmy Duncan Era.....Personally, I'm a fan who is RELISHING in the Spurs WOES.....Cause every time this SHIT goes down...We SOMEHOW.....pull something straight from our asses and win it all....And guess what....It get's better and better everytime! :hungry:
No, actually that is not what happens. When the Spurs have won championships, twice the team has had a bunch of new faces that needed a while to gel, and once the team has been downright dominant until injuries hit and it had to squeak its way through to the end.

This team does not have a bunch of new faces. In its supporting cast, it has a bunch of old faces who have grayed past their primes.

I know you think you're cool being sarcastic with fans who recognize this team has fatal flaws, but just because you are capable of shoving your head far enough up your ass that you no longer can notice the problems, it does not mean suddenly the sun is shining outside.

This team is not athletic enough nor does it rebound well enough to beat the best teams in the West, and it will require personnel changes at the trade deadline to change the inevitable outcome.

mavsfan1000
01-13-2007, 09:27 PM
This thread is pure homerism. The suns and mavs can beat the spurs in a series. Whether they do it or not we'll see but the spurs are not the favorites like they've been in years past.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2007, 09:29 PM
A Spurs message board is no place for a Spurs homer.

Ronaldo McDonald
01-13-2007, 09:52 PM

It's going to be harder for the spurs to win a seven game series: the Mavs and Suns play at a fast pace, and there is no way that Fin, Horry, Barry will last seven games. Hell, can they even keep up with them for a game?

There is one thing I am sure of, and that is that no longer is the Spurs defense a counter to the Suns offense, the Spurs are going to get sucked into a running game with them, and contrary to what happened historically between both of these teams in the Playoffs and Season I don't think the Spurs will dominate them with physical defense, and frankly I don't think they will sustain an offense potent enough to hang in with the Suns in a high scoring game.

And for as for the Mavs, I don't think that I have to do any explaining.

cornbread
01-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Thank God we did not have any serious injuries this season that slowed down or stop the cohesiveness.

You should refrain from starting anymore threads. Thanks.

bigfundamental21
01-13-2007, 11:22 PM
It's only January and a lot can happen between now and April. If the playoffs started today, our team would not be ready, but they are capable of getting better and once people are back from injury, there is potential for greatness. We have to be patient. We all know that once that Rodeo Road Trip comes around in February, that the team takes it to another level.

remingtonbo2001
01-13-2007, 11:59 PM
No, actually that is not what happens. When the Spurs have won championships, twice the team has had a bunch of new faces that needed a while to gel, and once the team has been downright dominant until injuries hit and it had to squeak its way through to the end.

This team does not have a bunch of new faces. In its supporting cast, it has a bunch of old faces who have grayed past their primes.

I know you think you're cool being sarcastic with fans who recognize this team has fatal flaws, but just because you are capable of shoving your head far enough up your ass that you no longer can notice the problems, it does not mean suddenly the sun is shining outside.

This team is not athletic enough nor does it rebound well enough to beat the best teams in the West, and it will require personnel changes at the trade deadline to change the inevitable outcome.

I personally do not see how one can enjoy the season always consumed in fear. Now, that's just me...Granted I'm an optimist....Basketball is entertainment,therefore I believe it's something I should enjoy....So try not taking the previous comment too personal...The sacrasm is meant with good intent....Let go over a few ideas....The Lakers which dominated the league to win 3 championships, faced numerous hardships though 2 of 3 championship runs. (I'm not sure how much a broken toe qualifies as a hardship). Now Detriot was an exception, although not excepted to win....They did play outstanding defense.The most enjoyable fact about loosing so early, is the comfort within team's ability to gather focus in a short amount of time. We have shown the ability in the past to pull things together and adjust very quickly. I like the fact that we are currently "UNDER THE RADER", so to speak. I don't want teams coming after us. I'm tired of it. I would rather the NBA not care about the SPURS, and just let us play our basketball. If the SPURS are allowed to play their style of basketball without shotty officiating, then I believe we have the best group of guys to win night in and out...It just seemed like last year, we were always wearing a big ass target on our backs....ALL YEAR. Personally, I'm glad so many are high on Dallas and Pheonix. Let the "ALL GREAT MEDIA" figure it out, like they do every year. :toast

Amarelooms
01-14-2007, 12:01 AM

If by "no one" you mean the Mavs, Suns, Rockets, and Pistons could beat the Spurs in a 7 game series then you are correct.

remingtonbo2001
01-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Oh one more thing to mention.....We no longer have Nick Van Exel....Just incase some of you forgot...Now if we can only change the name back to THE SBC CENTER.

veronicamae
01-14-2007, 01:41 AM
You might have a point if Dallas hadn't just done it last year. You and zocool16 should hang out.

lol seriously - was this person a spurs fan last year? because um....foot, meet mouth.

then again, this year's spurs are not last year's spurs.

zocool16
01-15-2007, 03:32 AM

:lmao hahahahaha damn i was just going thru the posts and i see this one and it made me laugh so hard. i didnt know i had such an impact in this guy's life to remember that one discussion we had a long time ago.
anyways im not commentin on this. all i can say is that im glad its still 3 months left till playoff time

Trainwreck2100
01-15-2007, 03:39 AM
A Spurs message board is no place for a Spurs homer.

I did a REPORT on one that was loaded with them. Also this team CAN beat any team in a seven game series. But they're too busy with their heads shoved up their ass to play like they can.

Extra Stout
01-15-2007, 09:36 AM
I personally do not see how one can enjoy the season always consumed in fear. Now, that's just me...
It's not about fear. I'm not afraid of the Spurs falling short. It is just clear to me that if they played to their full potential, that they still would not be the best team.

Rather than fear, I suppose my emotions could be summarized as frustration, in that the flaws that afflict this team are the result of things many fans saw coming three or four years ago, for example the aging of Bruce Bowenand the Spurs have failed to adjust to those contingencies primarily because budget restraints have taken priority over winning the past couple of years, and secondarily because whatever half-hearted moves they have made to address long-term needs have not panned out.

Furthermore, it is even more frustrating knowing that this team needs to make some kind of personnel move to address its deficiencies in rebounding and athleticism, especially its inability to contain athletic forwards taller than 6'8", but understanding that their likeliest move will be to dump a salary however they can to make sure they don't pay luxury tax.

And somehow I think team ownership's commitment to winning has a great deal more to do with what happens at the end of the year than how optimistic I delude myself into being.

Marcus Bryant
01-15-2007, 11:30 AM
The team needs a couple of adjustments before this claim can be made. Those adjustments being the addition of Troy Murphy and Mickael Pietrus.