PDA

View Full Version : Nazr loses starting job

ploto
01-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Another team
Same song

Saunders moved Wallace back into his usual starting spot for Friday night's game in Atlanta, and moved Nazr Mohammed to the bench.

Center Dale Davis started in Mohammed's place Friday and likely will do the same tonight against Boston.

...As for Mohammed, Saunders said he thought he might be more productive off the bench.

"He is what he is," Saunders said. " ... We're tinkering with maybe seeing if he's a guy who can go to that second unit and bring him off the bench, because with some of our main guys out, he'd get more touches and be more effective."

Saunders has rarely played Mohammed with the reserves this season; Mohammed has typically been a first- and third-quarter player, and the first man subbed out as well.

He sounded frustrated when asked about his role Friday morning.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore," Mohammed said. "It hasn't helped me talking about it before, and it's not going to help now. Coach knows how I feel about it. Everybody does; it's not like it's a secret."

The Pistons offered Mohammed a five-season deal in the summer to fill in as a starter in Ben Wallace's absence. But Mohammed has not had the offensive impact the Pistons predicted.

Part of that is because of his limited minutes, a sore subject for Mohammed all season.

"I'm just going to try to go out there, play hard and be positive and do whatever I can within the minutes I'm given," Mohammed said. "I think, for the most part, with playing the type of minutes I've been given, I'm doing a decent job. ... I can definitely make improvements. ... I'm playing 18-19 minutes and I'm surprised I'm even able to score seven or eight points. It's tough ... but so what?"
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070113/SPORTS03/701130366/1051

What about Mohammed, whom the Pistons signed last summer to a five-year, $30.2 million contract? It appears, 33 games into this season and even without confirmation on Webber, that the Pistons have come to the same conclusion the Spurs did last season -- Mohammed doesn't provide enough of a presence at either end of the floor.

Coach Flip Saunders has, for the past two weeks, been searching for stability in the post. Mohammed, who played 11 minutes Wednesday against the Bobcats, has seen his role shrink steadily.

"Sometimes it's not the five best players who play," Saunders said. "It's the five players who play best together. We said we would give it 30 games to see how things worked. Now, as a staff, we will get together to see if there needs to be some changes made."

There is a good chance Mohammed will be benched, starting tonight in Atlanta. The Pistons are expected to start Dale Davis and Wallace in the front court. If that's the case, you would expect Mohammed would be out of the rotation completely, because the Pistons would first use Jason Maxiell and Antonio McDyess off the bench.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070112/SPORTS08/701120332/1339

td4mvp21
01-13-2007, 12:54 PM
If he wants minutes, then he needs to fucking do something with them. Catch the ball, don't pump fake a million times, make shots, and rebound.

wildbill2u
01-13-2007, 01:05 PM
"He is what he is" --an underachiever who will always be a bench player.

Props to the FO and Pop for analyzing this guy and getting rid of him. They got what they needed--a release of Malik's contract, an unexpected dividend during the championship drive, and an expiring contract.

Does anyone remember those Spurstalk fans who lamented his leaving? What song will they be singing now?

NBA Junkie
01-13-2007, 01:10 PM
He would have lost his starting spot anyway once Webber signs with the Pistons.

angel_luv
01-13-2007, 01:10 PM
I wonder what it would take to get Nazr to drop his complaint- not much I would imagine. :lol

td4mvp21
01-13-2007, 01:11 PM
I wonder what it would take to get Nazr to drop his complaint- not much I would imagine. :lol

:lol Nice.

ABDENOUR POWER
01-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Its not that Nazr has played horribly, he just hasn't really done.... anything. He's almost invisible when he's on the court. He's a mediocre center, plain and simple.

angel_luv
01-13-2007, 01:20 PM
:lol Nice.

:D

ploto
01-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Props to the FO and Pop for analyzing this guy and getting rid of him.
You do remember that the Spurs offered Nazr a lengthy contract extension thinking that they could turn him into something else-- Spurs got lucky he turned it down or they would be the ones with Nazr for 4 more years and about $25M.

joeyjfive
01-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Does Nazr ever work on his hands, I mean damn it has to get to a point where he realizes "I cant catch the fucking ball, I should work on it". Just do the same thing wide recievers do, get the ball thrown at you from a close distance till you learn to catch it.

TDMVPDPOY
01-13-2007, 01:54 PM
pistons should charge him a buck for every pumpfake.....

VaSpursFan
01-13-2007, 01:59 PM
the dood, quite plain and simple, is a back-up center with a diva mentality. at some point he has to look in the mirror and say, i'm not good enough to be a starting center and work his ass off to become with. his sense of entitlement is quite comical.

T Park
01-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Its a shame.

Hes very talented, and if he had the work ethic, he could be a 10 and 10 guy.

He shows it often enough. heck he had a 20 something and 15 game not too long ago.

leemajors
01-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Does Nazr ever work on his hands, I mean damn it has to get to a point where he realizes "I cant catch the fucking ball, I should work on it". Just do the same thing wide recievers do, get the ball thrown at you from a close distance till you learn to catch it.

what popeye jones did with dampier would be better - a basketball half filled with water that wobbles and is heavier. hell, have dude practice catching chest passes with a medicine ball.

picnroll
01-13-2007, 02:13 PM
... and in other news Rasho has been about as impacting a player for the Barney's as he was for the Spurs. So much for Duncan holding him back.

angel_luv
01-13-2007, 02:15 PM
... and in other news Rasho has been about as impacting a player for the Barney's as he was for the Spurs. So much for Duncan holding him back.

What are you talking about?

boutons_
01-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Rasho is starting, but only averaging 20 MPG.

I guess Rasho has the output in TOR as he did in SA.
Looks great in the first qtr, then disappears.

picnroll
01-13-2007, 02:18 PM
What are you talking about?
Check the stats. Minutes, points, FG%, rebounds, blocks, etc., etc., etc.. Nothing stands out. Even with Bosh missing for a chunk of the season.

angel_luv
01-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Nesterovic a consistent pro for Raps

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J.–There was a time when Sam Mitchell thought he'd tweak his starting five every now and then to find matchups he thought benefited the Raptors.

Rasho Nesterovic changed all that.

The veteran centre's play of late – at both ends of the court – has given Mitchell no reason to make any changes to a starting group that includes point guard T.J. Ford, guard Anthony Parker and forwards Jorge Garbajosa and Chris Bosh.

"It would just be tough to take him out," Mitchell said of Nesterovic. "He's given us more offensively than what we expected but it's his defence and his rebounding, presence on the court. He just knows how to play."

With everyone back from various injuries and Garbajosa seemingly over a flu bug that kept him out of Monday's practice, Mitchell is sending out his now-constant starting five against the New Jersey Nets tonight with first place in the Atlantic Division on the line.

Nesterovic contribution comes in deflections, one-on-one defence and weakside help defence rather than in any usual statistical category. He does nothing flashy but everything consistently.

"I played with Rasho (in Minnesota) so I knew he knew how to play and what a pro he was but coaching him now, you come to appreciate what it is to be a professional in this league," said Mitchell.

Mitchell had originally thought his only constant starters would be Ford, Bosh and Parker. But Garbajosa's ability to guard small forwards who might be smaller and quicker and Nesterovic's solid play all around have changed that idea. It's given the coach a chance to also develop a consistent rotation which, if the last two games indicate anything, will include Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani, Joey Graham and Morris Peterson off the bench.

"If I didn't do it against Phoenix (remove Nesterovic to avoid a matchup with Amare Stoudemire), which would have been the game to do it, it's tough to do it against anybody in the East," said the coach.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/169283

Mitchell sticks with Rasho

Primiarily because of injuries, Raps head coach Sam Mitchell has not been able to form a starting five he can send out there night after night. That is no longer the case.

Following an all-hands-on-deck morning shootaround yesterday at the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey, Mitchell said he has pretty much settled on a starting five of Chris Bosh, Rasho Nesterovic, Jorge Garbajosa, T.J. Ford and Anthony Parker that he expects to stay with for the rest of the season, health permitting.

Nesterovic's presence is the only one there that might raise a few eyebrows, but not after you look at what he has done over the past month.

In the 14 games since a Dec. 10th loss in Portland, Nesterovic is averaging 29.8 minutes, 10.3 points and 6.6 rebounds per game.

"Rasho is playing so well right now it would be tough to take him out," Mitchell said. "Not only is he giving us more offensively than we expected, but then there's also his rebounding presence on the court. The kid knows how to play.

"He's really playing well and I think he's having fun. I joke with him all the time, 'When was the last time you had eight, nine, 10 shots a game.' He just laughs."

Mitchell said were he going to change things up he would have done so last Wednesday against Phoenix. The Suns have a small starting five by NBA standards but anything they give up in size they more than make up for in speed.

Mitchell stuck with Nesterovic that night, though.

"If I didn't (sit him down) against Phoenix , it would be tough to do it against anybody especially in the East," Mitchell said.

Asked to stay with a more fleet-footed Amare Stoudemire, Nesterovic gave it his all.

"To Rasho's credit, when we ask him to do something that is tough for him, he busts his hump and tries to do it," he said.

http://torontosun.com/Sports/Basketball/2007/01/10/3276772-sun.html

Coach Mitchell seems to like Sho; He's earned the approval that matters.

exstatic
01-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Hes very talented, and if he had the work ethic, he could be a 10 and 10 guy.
Actually, he's talented enough to be a 20/10 guy. He just doesn't seem to GAF. WTF do they do to these big guys at KY to make them so fucking unmotivated? Magliore is another one cut from the same cloth.

picnroll
01-13-2007, 02:28 PM
January. Five games. The mighty Rasho

MPG - 20.6
PPG - 4.4
FG% - .400
Reboundss - 5.4
Blocks - 0.6
Assists - 0.4

Mitchell must be easy to please. And to think we get on Oberto and Horry.

MannyIsGod
01-13-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't like Nazr, but I find some comments in this thread interesting. Why do you think he has the talent to be a 20/10 guy? Why do you think he doesn't work hard?

SenorSpur
01-13-2007, 02:46 PM
It's obvious Nazr thinks that he is MUCH better than he really is. He provided very servicable minutes, scoring and rebouding for the Spurs during the '05 championship run. Personally, I'll always be grateful to him for that.

I simply cannot understand why he's not continued to improve. Awful hands, too many pump fakes, bad defensive rotations.

As most players take 3.000 jump shots a day during the summer, he should catch 3,000 medicine ball passes.

Kori Ellis
01-13-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't like Nazr, but I find some comments in this thread interesting. Why do you think he has the talent to be a 20/10 guy? Why do you think he doesn't work hard?

He doesn't have the talent to be a 20/10 guy at all. He works hard. He just isn't that great. As far as his hands, he could probably do football drills for catching better, but I don't know how much he'd improve. He might just have bad hands by nature. He is what he is. A guy who can produce about 6/6 or 7/7 in 20 mpg. Defensively, he could probably improve but he's SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, so it's not going to get that much better.

Ploto ... you took a month and half off from posting and just came back to bash Nazr/prop Rasho? I was getting worried about you.

ducks
01-13-2007, 02:48 PM
i bet he demands out
pistons sign a fa last year and does not even give him minutes
why would another fa want to go there

timvp
01-13-2007, 02:50 PM
:lol @ Ploto coming out of retirement to post about Nazr losing his starting job.

The Nazr/Rasho competition is over. They are both doing what they usually do. Nazr is putting up decent stats but frustrating coaches and teammates with his inconsistent play. Rasho plays damn good ... when the team's star PF is on the sidelines injured. With Bosh back in there, Rasho disappears again.

Same story, different teams. Yet I don't get why a Rasho homer cares to pile on Nazr's demotion at this point.

MannyIsGod
01-13-2007, 02:52 PM
He doesn't have the talent to be a 20/10 guy at all. He works hard. He just isn't that great. As far as his hands, he could probably do football drills for catching better, but I don't know how much he'd improve. He might just have bad hands by nature. He is what he is. A guy who can produce about 6/6 or 7/7 in 20 mpg. Defensively, he could probably improve but he's SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, so it's not going to get that much better.

Ploto ... you took a month and half off from posting and just came back to bash Nazr/prop Rasho? I was getting worried about you.That was basically what I thought. I'm not sure why people percieve him to be a better player than he is with potential or whatever. And I don't think there has ever been anything said about his work ethic.

MannyIsGod
01-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Oberto pisses me off, but Oberto > Nazr and Rasho.

And thats sad.

ata
01-13-2007, 03:01 PM

So, any link or just your usual bashing?
If you haven't noticed the topic is about Nazr. So why bashing Rasho?
Having an itch again?

As far as I can remember, nobody was stupid enough to claim that Duncan is holding him back, however, I am sure, that Pop wasn't able to use Rasho's full potential.
You may bash Rasho and list statistics that suits you, however, check December statistic also, check +/- stats and, please, check how Rasho's PT influences W-L ratio.

And just as remark, San Antonio FO sucks. They got Bonner+Williams+2nd round pick for Rasho and cash! Only good think about both is, that they contracts expire after this season. Bonner has some potential, however Pop has no wishes to develop young players (Parker is an exception, don't forget that he was after Kidd, so he was forced to do something with Parker).

Rasho would still do more for SA as Bonner and Williams do combined. Do I even have to mention how Blount abused SA bigs?

MannyIsGod
01-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Bonner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rasho

Its not even close.

That they got EW and rid of contracts in that trade is GRAVY.

timvp
01-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Rasho with Bosh in the lineup
4.2 points
46.5%

Rasho without Bosh in the lineup
9.4 points
53.6% shooting

The problem might be that Rasho is a superstar and nobody knows it.

:smokin

ChumpDumper
01-13-2007, 03:07 PM
And just as remark, San Antonio FO sucks. They got Bonner+Williams+2nd round pick for Rasho and cash!That's one of the great salary dumps of the new millennium. GMs will talk about that one for years.

Kori Ellis
01-13-2007, 03:08 PM
And just as remark, San Antonio FO sucks. They got Bonner+Williams+2nd round pick for Rasho and cash! Only good think about both is, that they contracts expire after this season. Bonner has some potential, however Pop has no wishes to develop young players (Parker is an exception, don't forget that he was after Kidd, so he was forced to do something with Parker).

Rasho would still do more for SA as Bonner and Williams do combined. Do I even have to mention how Blount abused SA bigs?
Bottomline is the FO doesn't suck because they accomplished their goal - to get rid of Rasho's contract. They didn't care AT ALL about what players they got back. They almost traded him for Tariq Abdul-Wahid who isn't even in the league. So though you think the Spurs made a bad move, they accomplished exactly what they tried to do.

(This doesn't mean I think Rasho is worse (or better) basketball wise than Williams/Bonner).

picnroll
Actually there were a number of people saying Duncan held Rasho back, mostly because Duncan would occupy the post, Rasho's turf, and many were fellow Slovenians.

Why jump on Rasho? Equal opportunity thread.

timvp
Do I even have to mention how Blount abused SA bigs?

Blount was hitting 20 foot jumpers.

T Park
01-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Not even the defensive stallworth Rasho would've stopped Blount that night.

timvp
01-13-2007, 03:10 PM
That's one of the great salary dumps of the new millennium. GMs will talk about that one for years.

Yeah, I still can't believe the Spurs even got a 2nd round pick in that deal.

That's just comical.

T Park
01-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Shouldn't RC at least be mentioned for GM of the year for that? :lol

MannyIsGod
Rasho has as much game as he has hair on the top of his head or blood in his lips.

ata
Actually there were a number of people saying Duncan held Rasho back, mostly because Duncan would occupy the post, Rasho's turf, and many fellow Slovenians.

Why jump on Rasho? Equal opportunity thread.
Links please.
There should be so many links, you shoudn't have troubles found three or four where (different) Slovenians are claiming that Duncan hold Rasho back.

T Park
01-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Rasho has as much game as he has hair on the top of his head or blood in his lips.

Expect a strongly worded letter from Ploto soon.

MannyIsGod
01-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Links please.
There should be so many links, you shoudn't have troubles found three or four where (different) Slovenians are claiming that Duncan hold Rasho back.Are you kidding? What have you been reading the past few years? Do some searching yourself, but I know Picnroll is right because I remember tons of those posts.

Its happening again with Beno. Now Tony Parker and Popovich have been the ones who have held Beno back according to Zelini.

Bob Lanier
01-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Blount was hitting 20 foot jumpers.
That's all Blount can do. OK, he's a decent passer, but that and jumpshots are all he provides on the court. If you don't leave him open ... he won't hit them.

And as far as bad hands go:
http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/9630/markblountlh0.gif

angel_luv
01-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Rasho with Bosh in the lineup
4.2 points
46.5%

Rasho without Bosh in the lineup
9.4 points
53.6% shooting

The problem might be that Rasho is a superstar and nobody knows it.

:smokin

Fear the Sho :fro

timvp
01-13-2007, 03:19 PM
In less minutes this season, Nazr compared to Rasho is averaging more points, rebounds and they are tied in blocks.

That said, if both players were available for cheap, I'd pick Rasho. Defensively, he's better than Oberto and Elson and could be useful in the right matchups. Nazr is too much of a tease.

Problem with Rasho is he makes like three or four times as much as he's worth to the Spurs.

angel_luv
01-13-2007, 03:20 PM

:monkey

ChumpDumper
01-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Problem with Rasho is he makes like three or four times as much as he's worth to the Spurs.I was going to say twice as much, but point taken.

Slomo
01-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Actually there were a number of people saying Duncan held Rasho back, mostly because Duncan would occupy the post, Rasho's turf, and many were fellow Slovenians.

Why jump on Rasho? Equal opportunity thread.I would really like to see a link to somebody saying that, because it's a very stupid claim and one I don't remember seeing on this board - by anybody. And I find it offensive that you so blatently shoved it at our - Slovenian - feet.

I remember debates about no plays being called for Rasho, about him not being used properly, about how his defensive assignments left no room for offense and many more or less informed theories.

It's even stupider because his role didn't change when he was coming from the bench and playing without Duncan on the floor. His job - and most of the time his performance - remained the same.

Don't get me wrong I always liked the guy - still do - and always appreciated what he did on D, but to ask Duncan to move away from the post for him!?!?!?

The only time when his numbers went up was during Tim's injury and that to me proves without a doubt, in full agreement with timvp, that he is a franchise caliber player and a star in the making. Given the proper support from the teams official he could easily become an Amare Stoudemire type of player!

timvp
01-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I don't think anyone said Duncan held Rasho back. More like Rasho wasn't effective offensively with Duncan on the court because they are both low post players.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Mo Peterson is a player the Pistons have liked for some time now, but I don't see the Raptors willing to give him up unless they can get someone like Antonio McDyess in return.link (http://www.mlive.com/pistons/weblog/index.ssf?/mtlogs/mlive_pistons/archives/2007_01.html#224435)

Or Nazr! :flypig

timvp
01-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Rasho and Nazr reunited at last!

:married:

:lmao ... ploto deserves it with this weak thread. I didn't see a thread when Rasho got benched earlier this season.

spurschick
01-13-2007, 03:43 PM
:lmao ... ploto deserves it with this weak thread. I didn't see a thread when Rasho got benched earlier this season.

My thoughts exactly. :lol

T Park
01-13-2007, 05:11 PM
I didn't see a thread when Rasho got benched earlier this season.

You actually didnt see anything after he played patheticly vs the Spurs back on the 5th of November

ploto
01-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Rasho did not play 2 games early in the season when Sam himself said he was trying to figure out combinations of players and the team identity with a team with 9 new players. Since then Sam has said that he plans to start Rasho the rest of the season-- something he did anticipate at he beginning of the season. Nazr, on the other hand, was handed the starting job and he has lost it and could possibly be spending many games sitting on the bench entirely.

Looking at a box score does not tell you the entire value of a player. If you have ever watched the Raptors play, you would see how much they have improved defensively, and coaches and players alike credit Rasho with a great deal of the reason for that improvement. He has been appreciated by Bargnani and Slokar and other Euros for his willingness to help them in their adjustments to the NBA. Sam Mitchell has done nothing but praise the type of player and person that Rasho is. It IS a vast contrast to Nazr who is STILL griping to the media about his playing time.

Nesterovic at centre of Raptor uprising

You wouldn't normally think of Rasho Nesterovic as a yappy young man.

A good-natured, bright, rather unassuming guy? Yeah. A mouthy, talkative, demonstrative fellow? Not so much.

Yet the reason behind the sudden arrival of defensive consistency for the Raptors, an effort that's holding teams to a respectable field-goal percentage and actually winning games, can be attributed in large part to the verbal skills of the veteran centre.

As the last line of what has been a normally shaky defence, Nesterovic's abilities as a traffic cop and commentator are allowing him to play the best he's played since joining the Raptors this season.

"It's just positioning yourself and talking a lot so everyone's on the same page," said Nesterovic. "If you're the last line, you can see everything so you can help the small guys, positioning them a bit. (It's seeing) screens, cuts or whatever, because you can see everything. They can't see everything."

In the two-game winning streak the Raptors take into this afternoon's home game against Golden State — for a 9-14 team, two consecutive victories constitutes a streak — Nesterovic has anchored a defence that's held Orlando and New Jersey both below 40 per cent efficiency from the field and below 85 points.

The 7-footer played 38 minutes with 12 points, five rebounds against the Nets after logging a season-high 40 minutes with 10 points, seven boards and five blocks against Orlando.

"He's getting his confidence back up," said power forward Chris Bosh, who's been able to watch Nesterovic the last two games as he nurses a sore left knee. "He's shooting the ball well but most importantly he's anchoring that defence.

"He talks a lot in the background, he blocks shots, he can really guard the other big guys. He's just a good overall solid player for us."

What Nesterovic has been providing is something Raptors haven't had in years, a big body capable of defending other centres one-on-one. Against New Jersey, the Raptors didn't have to worry about helping on Nenad Krstic, which allowed them to stay with shooters like Vince Carter, Antoine Wright and Marcus Williams on the perimeter.

Against Orlando, the Raptors were able to leave Nesterovic alone on Dwight Howard whenever spot-up shooters Travis Diener and J.J. Redick were on the court.

That helped the Raptors limit their perimeter liability on defence, a chronic sore spot with the franchise.

"Everybody's been on the same page, everyone knows what's going on," said Nesterovic. "It's not one guy doing this, the other guy doing that. Everybody knows this is what we're doing and we stick to the plan no matter what."

That Nesterovic can log the minutes he has in the last two games has been a huge boost to a team missing its best frontcourt performer in Bosh. Instead of having to parcel out a few minutes to the shorter, more shot-happy Kris Humphries or the raw Uros Slokar, Mitchell has been able to ride the 30-year-old Nesterovic.

"He's doing the job we brought him here for," said Bosh.

http://www.thestar.com/NBA/article/160471

The Raptors are really happy with Rasho and he is very happy there. His minutes will never be huge with everyone healthy because they have Bosh, Bargnani, Garbajosa and Rasho- arguably a better group than the Spurs big men. :) Bosh is actually a better offensive player and rebounder than Tim now and Garbo is better than Oberto. And Andrea, he is a stud in the making.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2007, 05:41 PM
There you have it.

Raptors > Spurs

timvp
01-13-2007, 05:43 PM
His minutes will never be huge with everyone healthy because they have Bosh, Bargnani, Garbajosa and Rasho- arguably a better group than the Spurs big men.

I wouldn't trade an injured Tim Duncan for those four players and the Raptors next five first round picks. Bosh is so good he can't lead the team to a .500 record while playing in the worst division in sports history.

Oh and nice job posting a month old article to backup a point that no one cares to discuss anymore. I so hope that Nazr gets traded to the Raptors :rollin

Bottomline is the Spurs dumped Rasho's contract and got back Bonner, who is a better bigman to go against the likes of the Mavs and the Suns.

Bob Lanier
01-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Bosh is actually a better offensive player and rebounder than Tim now
:spin

Duncan has a better rebound rate and a higher field goal percentage. Oh, and he actually plays on the block. Bosh is Dirk Nowitzki with less range - another jumpshooting/slashing 7 foot small forward.

ploto
01-13-2007, 05:52 PM
I so hope that Nazr gets traded to the Raptors :rollin

Sorry, Raptors have no interest in Nazr.

As for Bonner, he sure has helped the Spurs beat Dallas hasn't he. :lol

And I see no problem with an article from a month ago. People came in and said that Rasho is doing nothing for the Raptors but he is and Spurs fans are just mad because their record and their defense sucks compared to when Rasho was here.

ploto
01-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Do you prefer an article from this week?

"He's given us more offensively than what we expected but it's his defence and his rebounding, presence on the court. He just knows how to play."

ShoogarBear
01-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah, and if the Spurs had kept Rasho their record would be what?

spurschick
01-13-2007, 05:57 PM

"He's given us more offensively than what we expected but it's his defence and his rebounding, presence on the court. He just knows how to play."

I'd prefer that they could spell defense.

Slomo
01-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Actually defence is the proper english spelling of the word...

ploto
01-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah, and if the Spurs had kept Rasho their record would be what?
Well, let's see. The Spurs got rid of 3 players from their 12 man roster-- NVE, Nazr, and Rasho. NVE was pretty useless so he and Vaughn aren't much to compare. That leaves exchanging Rasho and Nazr for Elson and Bonner. Last season the Spurs were 40-10 in February. What will their record be after 50 games this season?

ploto
01-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Please, tell me that you are not really this ignorant.

spurschick
01-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Actually defence is the proper english spelling of the word...

Not how I learned it.

Slomo
01-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Not how I learned it.You're American.

ShoogarBear
01-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Please, tell me that you are not really this ignorant.Funny, a lot of us say the same thing about your one-track posts.

leemajors
01-13-2007, 06:01 PM
i'm just waiting for furryspurry to pop back in!

ploto
Not how I learned it.
Gee, you really are.

spurschick
Please, tell me that you are not really this ignorant.

Please tell me you can just let this shit go. Rasho isn't a Spur anymore. He's obviously gone to a team where he can do better and he's appreciated more, but it's more important to you to come in here and tell us how stupid the Spurs were to let him go. Bask in his Raptor limelight and stfu.

ploto
01-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Oh well, guess I hit a nerve. :lmao :lmao Who'd have guessed it when all I did was post a little article about Nazr. :angel

Spurs fans sure are in bad moods this season. Wonder why? :dizzy

spurschick
01-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Oh well, guess I hit a nerve. :lmao :lmao Who'd have guessed it when all I did was post a little article about Nazr. :angel

Spurs fans sure are in bad moods this season. Wonder why? :dizzy

Spurs Record 26-11
Raptors Record 17-20

Can't think of a reason. I guess you're right though. You did hit a nerve. Mainly because you're fucking annoying with just about anything you say.

timvp
01-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Well, let's see. The Spurs got rid of 3 players from their 12 man roster-- NVE, Nazr, and Rasho. NVE was pretty useless so he and Vaughn aren't much to compare. That leaves exchanging Rasho and Nazr for Elson and Bonner. Last season the Spurs were 40-10 in February. What will their record be after 50 games this season?

How many championships did the Spurs win last year?

They are off to a better start than both 2003 and 1999.

Try again.

timvp
01-13-2007, 06:21 PM

That's called trying to save your job. The only way Mike Iavaroni isn't the coach next year is if the Raptors by some miracle make the playoffs AND Sam Mitchell kisses azz.

And why not post the link to where Pop said Rasho was the second best center in the league and how he loved him. Shouldn't be too hard to find. I think it was the day before the Spurs traded for Nazr :rollin

ata
01-13-2007, 07:00 PM
How many championships did the Spurs win last year?

Try again.
As many as they will this year with Pop.

ploto
01-13-2007, 10:20 PM
That's called trying to save your job. The only way Mike Iavaroni isn't the coach next year is if the Raptors by some miracle make the playoffs AND Sam Mitchell kisses azz.

And why not post the link to where Pop said Rasho was the second best center in the league and how he loved him. Shouldn't be too hard to find. I think it was the day before the Spurs traded for Nazr :rollin

No- it's called the fact Sam Mitchell really likes Rasho and appreciates the kind of player and person that he is. A coach would have no reason to kiss Rasho's ass. The Raptors organization, coaches, players, and media actually like Rasho very much. The hard work he puts in, his humility, and his concern about helping the team in any way he can are valued.

You and I both know that the Nazr trade had nothing to do with Rasho and everything to do with Malik Rose and his contract. If the Spurs did not want Rasho, they would not have turned down the trade that New York actually wanted-- Nazr for Rasho. They also turned down Malik and Rasho for Nazr and Kurt Thomas- so in essence they turned down Rasho for Kurt Thomas that day, as well. So TRY AGAIN.

ploto
01-13-2007, 10:26 PM

Try again.
No- if you are trying to evaluate the impact that a specific player had on a team, you need to compare this team without him to the one which had the most same number of players and that would be last year. If you actually think that this team looks as good as the team did last year at this time, then you are not watching the same team that I've seen.

MannyIsGod
01-13-2007, 10:30 PM
You and I both know that the Nazr trade had nothing to do with Rasho and everything to do with Malik Rose and his contract. If the Spurs did not want Rasho, they would not have turned down the trade that New York actually wanted-- Nazr for Rasho. They also turned down Malik and Rasho for Nazr and Kurt Thomas- so in essence they turned down Rasho for Kurt Thomas that day, as well. So TRY AGAIN.That had more to do with not wanting to turnover the entire front court at one time rather than a love of Rasho. Kind of like hte Barry/Beno for Magette deal this year.

Kurt Thomas >>>>>>>> Rasho.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2007, 10:31 PM
But the front office is full of idiots as evidenced by the Rasho trade, so they must have also been idiots for NOT doing to Rasho/Thomas trade.

ploto
01-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Spurs Record 26-11
Raptors Record 17-20

No one is comparing the Spurs and the Raptors (although the Raptors do have one of the BEST back-up point guards in the NBA.)

The comparison is this year's Spurs with last year's Spurs.

Last season after 37 games 28-9 and that was with an injured Tim Duncan.

MannyIsGod
01-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Eh, the reality is that no one really cares Ploto. Rasho is not missed here because Rasho was not a piece that was needed for this team to win the title.

spurschick
01-13-2007, 10:38 PM
No one is comparing the Spurs and the Raptors (although the Raptors do have one of the BEST back-up point guards in the NBA.)

The comparison is this year's Spurs with last year's Spurs.

Last season after 37 games 28-9 and that was with an injured Tim Duncan.

Wait, so your argument is that we've currently won two less games without Rasho? Weak.

SequSpur
01-13-2007, 10:39 PM
without getting into details, rasho and nazr were mountains better than the current shit the spurs have signed or traded for within the last 9 months.

MannyIsGod
01-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Nope.

THE SIXTH MAN
01-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Rasho blows.

THE SIXTH MAN
01-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Lame

THE SIXTH MAN
01-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Thread

ploto
01-13-2007, 10:53 PM
But the front office is full of idiots as evidenced by the Rasho trade, so they must have also been idiots for NOT doing to Rasho/Thomas trade.
Show me where I called them idiots. I have never said that.

This thread was about Nazr losing his starting job- something that happens to him every team he goes to. Other people came in and started to insult Rasho when they have no clue what has even happened with him this season or what he has meant to the Raptors. They do not want to admit that some other team could value him and appreciate what he does for them. The Raptors sought out the trade for Rasho. They wanted him specifically and it has worked out well for them. I said the day the trade was made that it was a win-win trade-- both sides got what they wanted. Spurs fans like Bonner and the Spurs will gladly cut their payroll at the end of the season. Well, guess what-- the Raptors are very happy they made the trade, as well. Rasho has been an important part of a team that is trying very hard to turn things around. It is not necessary for people to make snide remarks about sincere compliments that are made about him. Sam Mitchell really likes Rasho alot. Why should that be so hard to believe?

And when you look at how some of the big prize free agent big men from the summer have done, it makes Bryan look even smarter-- Would you rather have the Nazr or Przbylla of this season for 5 seasons or the Rasho of this season for 3? Seems to me that the deal for Rasho was actually one of the better deals a team made this summer who was desperate for a center.

ploto
01-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Wait, so your argument is that we've currently won two less games without Rasho? Weak.
AND with a fully healthy Tim.

spurschick
01-13-2007, 10:54 PM
AND with a fully healthy Tim.

Still weak.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Would you rather have the Nazr or Przbylla of this season for 5 seasons or the Rasho of this season for 3?If you can link to where you predicted Troy Murphy tap dancing on Joel's crotch, I'd love to see it.

Rasho is a limited, overpaid player. There will always be pressure to dump his salary because he's simply not worth it. No amount of Nazr hate is going to change that.

ploto
01-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Eh, the reality is that no one really cares Ploto. Rasho is not missed here because Rasho was not a piece that was needed for this team to win the title.
If no one cares then why did people turn a thread about Nazr into a thread about Rasho? I was not the first or even the second or third person to mention Rasho in this thread. Actually, I was the eleventh. :) I only responded to what other people were saying about him.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2007, 11:00 PM
If no one cares then why did people turn a thread about Nazr into a thread about Rasho?Because you are his agent or his mom or whatever and everything you have ever posted is about Rasho in some way.

ploto
01-13-2007, 11:04 PM
INo amount of Nazr hate is going to change that.

Again, I don't hate Nazr. Never have. I just know that he loses his starting job on every team he goes to and it happened again. No offense but are that many people really all that surprised that it happened again.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2007, 11:06 PM
No one is suprised.

He's not a Spur anymore.

Huzzah.

spurschick
01-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Again, I don't hate Nazr. Never have. I just know that he loses his starting job on every team he goes to and it happened again. No offense but are that many people really all that surprised that it happened again.

No offense? Why would we offended? We were glad to see him go.

ploto
01-13-2007, 11:13 PM
No offense? Why would we offended? We were glad to see him go.
See, that is the kind of reply I expected-- Spurs fans saying how right they were about Nazr. I thought it would make them happy because they want all ex-Spurs players to do horribly once they are gone. I am just sorry that Rasho has not been able to do the same for you. Although you should be happy tomorrow when the Raptors get killed by Dallas and Rasho doesn't play much.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm happy we're not the ones overpaying Rasho anymore.

ploto
01-13-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm happy we're not the ones overpaying Rasho anymore.
I am sorry- I was not aware that you own part of the team.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Overpaying means not being able to sign other players. Don't be stupid.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Or be stupid.

Whatever.

T Park
01-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Ploto has taken Sequ stupidity to a new level.

spurschick
01-13-2007, 11:34 PM
See, that is the kind of reply I expected-- Spurs fans saying how right they were about Nazr. I thought it would make them happy because they want all ex-Spurs players to do horribly once they are gone.

Yeah, that's why we always applaud them at the arena whenever they come to town. Antonio Daniels played here a million years ago and the fans still cheer for him when he first steps onto the court. They gave him a round of applause this evening. We fucking hate the Mavs, but there are still Spurs fans who cheer for Avery. As for Rasho, if you'd care to go through the initial thread the day he was traded, you'll see that there were a lot of us who wished him the best and hoped he would do better in Toronto.

Bitter, party of one... you've been at this table too long. Move on.

T Park
01-13-2007, 11:36 PM
but there are still Spurs fans who cheer for Avery

Yeah we disowned them too.

spurschick
01-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Yeah we disowned them too.

You're missing the point, but thanks for the support.

T Park
01-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Anything to help love :tu :lol

T Park
01-13-2007, 11:40 PM
BTW, your fine on your own, support, you not need. ;)

MannyIsGod
01-13-2007, 11:42 PM
If no one cares then why did people turn a thread about Nazr into a thread about Rasho? I was not the first or even the second or third person to mention Rasho in this thread. Actually, I was the eleventh. :) I only responded to what other people were saying about him.Because they saw right through your post for what it was. This is a San Antonio Spurs board, not a Detroit Pistons or Nazr board. You came and posted your take on Nazr which has NOTHING to do with the Spurs because you're still bitter about him getting playing time at Rasho's expense. Thats why people started pointing out that Rasho isn't exactly tearing it up.

MannyIsGod
01-13-2007, 11:44 PM
See, that is the kind of reply I expected-- Spurs fans saying how right they were about Nazr. I thought it would make them happy because they want all ex-Spurs players to do horribly once they are gone. I am just sorry that Rasho has not been able to do the same for you. Although you should be happy tomorrow when the Raptors get killed by Dallas and Rasho doesn't play much.That is completely retarded and untrue. Many fans here still cheer Devin Brown. They did the same for Malik when he was traded. They did the same for Antonio Daniels shortly after he left. They don't do that for players who left bad tastes in their mouth, IE Nazr and Derek Anderson.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-13-2007, 11:51 PM
I would cheer if ploto was cut from SpursTalk.

picnroll
01-13-2007, 11:52 PM
I have nothing against Rasho. I'm sure he's wonderful to small children, animals, his mother and grandmother. I'm also happy for him and his great contract, particularly now that Toronto is paying it.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Heh heh, I'm glad we got rid of Nazr. He needs to quit bitching to the press as if he weren't bitching.

WalterBenitez
01-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Nazr lost his hands a time ago my friend

WalterBenitez
01-14-2007, 08:52 AM
I have nothing against Rasho. I'm sure he's wonderful to small children, animals, his mother and grandmother. I'm also happy for him and his great contract, particularly now that Toronto is paying it. My sister becoming Raptor's fans ... girls support him a lot

wildbill2u
01-14-2007, 11:11 AM
My sister becoming Raptor's fans ... girls support him a lot
I've never quite figured that out. Put a couple of those electric plugs on the side of his head and he looks remarkably like Frankenstein's monster...without the engaging smile.

exstatic
01-14-2007, 11:28 AM
It's funny that Ploto seems to think that Nazr crashing and burning somehow exonerates Rasho's weak game. THEY BOTH SUCK ASS. That's why they're not here anymore.

To get back to my Nazr point from a few pages ago...
I think he does have talent to be a premier center in the NBA, which these days admittedly isn't what it used to be. He has a nice jumper from 15-18 and is a great offensive rebounder. When I said he doesn't work hard, I didn't mean in practice. I'm sure he goes thru all of the drills full speed. When he gets into a game, however, he just drifts like a jelly fish. He has no focus or energy, which is why he usually gets yanked. Perhaps 20/10 was too much, but I think 10/10 underestimates his talent. I think maybe 17/10 would be totally possible if he'd pull his head out of his ass and keep himself on the floor for 35 minutes. Shit, he might get 20/10 if he would just never pumpfake, EVER. :lol

WalterBenitez
01-14-2007, 11:56 AM
I've never quite figured that out. Put a couple of those electric plugs on the side of his head and he looks remarkably like Frankenstein's monster...without the engaging smile.

I tried to fix her mind many times, but since she's dating a friend I started to believe is possible :hat

Slo spurs fan
01-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Yeah, and you must be one great and handsome prince on the white horse.
(Actually I think you are just horse)

zeleni
01-14-2007, 01:07 PM
I can't believe people can be still that negative about Rasho and glorifying Nazr and his talent. Ploto just wanted to prove you, that slovenian posters' analysis of Nazr was correct. He shouldn't be counted on and all the work Pop and others put in that muslim guy, could be put to make some plays for Rasho. WIth that now proven, can we now just get along with Beno's situation? ;)

This is just too much. And somebody even mentioned me in the process for backing up Beno. Slovenian posters seem to be imbearable to this forum lately.

I just cannot guess why. We like European basketball, we celebrated Oberto, we didn't like Nazr, but gave Nick the Quick the chance till playoffs. We thought Bonner-Rasho is a win-win trade, we thought Tony is a great PG and Manu is one great player. We didn't even criticize Duncan. And still we are bad and all that. We are all the time blamed to say things no one with sanity would say, fan or no fan.

If you hurt us, do we not bleed? ;) Cool down, people...

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 02:01 PM
I can't believe people can be still that negative about Rasho and glorifying Nazr and his talent. Ploto just wanted to prove you, that slovenian posters' analysis of Nazr was correct. He shouldn't be counted on and all the work Pop and others put in that muslim guy, could be put to make some plays for Rasho. WIth that now proven, can we now just get along with Beno's situation? ;)

This is just too much. And somebody even mentioned me in the process for backing up Beno. Slovenian posters seem to be imbearable to this forum lately.

I just cannot guess why. We like European basketball, we celebrated Oberto, we didn't like Nazr, but gave Nick the Quick the chance till playoffs. We thought Bonner-Rasho is a win-win trade, we thought Tony is a great PG and Manu is one great player. We didn't even criticize Duncan. And still we are bad and all that. We are all the time blamed to say things no one with sanity would say, fan or no fan.

If you hurt us, do we not bleed? ;) Cool down, people...Why would you even bring up his religion? Prove to us that Nazr sucked? Ha, as if we didn't know that. I dont' think anyone bitched about Nazr as much as me.

You and Ploto are both idiots.

Kori Ellis
01-14-2007, 02:06 PM

Most Spurs fans (not just Slovenians) were correct about Nazr. He wasn't heralded here. Most fans knew he wasn't that good.
What's with the Muslim comment?

Kori Ellis
01-14-2007, 02:08 PM
When he gets into a game, however, he just drifts like a jelly fish. He has no focus or energy, which is why he usually gets yanked. Perhaps 20/10 was too much, but I think 10/10 underestimates his talent. I think maybe 17/10 would be totally possible if he'd pull his head out of his ass and keep himself on the floor for 35 minutes. Shit, he might get 20/10 if he would just never pumpfake, EVER.

He's slow and not that smart; that's not going to change. I think 10/10 overestimates his talent. He couldn't really ever get over 35 mpg - he'd foul out. As Pop said once, there's a reason that some guys only get 20 mpg - they are 20 mpg talent.

exstatic
01-14-2007, 02:17 PM
He's slow and not that smart; that's not going to change. I think 10/10 overestimates his talent. He couldn't really ever get over 35 mpg - he'd foul out. As Pop said once, there's a reason that some guys only get 20 mpg - they are 20 mpg talent.
I'll agree with the "not that smart" part, but I think the "slow" is a byproduct of that, in that he's in the wrong place a lot. His career numbers are 7.1/5.7 in 19 minutes. How is 10/10 an overestimation of his talent? It may be overestimating his brain to think he can stay on the floor that long, but that's a different shortcoming from talent.

Slomo
01-14-2007, 02:17 PM
It's funny that Ploto seems to think that Nazr crashing and burning somehow exonerates Rasho's weak game. THEY BOTH SUCK ASS. That's why they're not here anymore.

To get back to my Nazr point from a few pages ago...
I think he does have talent to be a premier center in the NBA, which these days admittedly isn't what it used to be. He has a nice jumper from 15-18 and is a great offensive rebounder. When I said he doesn't work hard, I didn't mean in practice. I'm sure he goes thru all of the drills full speed. When he gets into a game, however, he just drifts like a jelly fish. He has no focus or energy, which is why he usually gets yanked. Perhaps 20/10 was too much, but I think 10/10 underestimates his talent. I think maybe 17/10 would be totally possible if he'd pull his head out of his ass and keep himself on the floor for 35 minutes. Shit, he might get 20/10 if he would just never pumpfake, EVER. :lolI don't know Ex

His pumpfakes and horrible hands were universally known, but what killed me everytime I saw him play was how he couldn't remember (or hit) his position on the defensive end of the court. That has very little to do with talent, conditioning or energy. I don't want to speculate how smart he is or isn't (I reserve that judgemnet for people I have actually met :) ) but he sure diid give the impression he wasn't the sharpest guy on the floor.

Edit: Apparently I'm a little slow myself :lol

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 02:19 PM
I'll agree with the "not that smart" part, but I think the "slow" is a byproduct of that, in that he's in the wrong place a lot. His career numbers are 7.1/5.7 in 19 minutes. How is 10/10 an overestimation of his talent? It may be overestimating his brain to think he can stay on the floor that long, but that's a different shortcoming from talent.:lol How is it an overestimation of his talent? Well he's been in the league for quite some time and he doesn't average it. Thats how.

Kori Ellis
01-14-2007, 02:24 PM
I'll agree with the "not that smart" part, but I think the "slow" is a byproduct of that, in that he's in the wrong place a lot. His career numbers are 7.1/5.7 in 19 minutes. How is 10/10 an overestimation of his talent? It may be overestimating his brain to think he can stay on the floor that long, but that's a different shortcoming from talent.

Nazr is probably slower than Rasho. That's just slow.

He's just not that talented by NBA standards. He's horrible at setting picks, misses most of his rotations, has horrible hands, can't defend without reaching in. To me he's a 7/6 talent.

That all being said, Nazr and Rasho might be more talented than Oberto and Elson :lol I wish we could take a couple things from each of them and build a basketball player. But hey, every position on your team doesn't need to be a superstar. At this point, I don't care that much about Rasho and Nazr and wish them both the best. Nazr contributed some and Rasho was a good defender for San Antonio and good guy. At this point, I just want Oberto/Elson to eventually combine for 15/15, play good D (not really going to happen with Elson) and be utilized.

exstatic
01-14-2007, 02:26 PM
:lol How is it an overestimation of his talent? Well he's been in the league for quite some time and he doesn't average it. Thats how.
19 minutes per game is why he doesn't average it. You're also making a common mistake that talent always translates into production. The NBA byways are littered with busted careers of talented individuals that didn't produce for one reason or another.

Que Gee
01-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Why do you think he has the talent to be a 20/10 guy? Why do you think he doesn't work hard?

Exactly!!! Great point. He has NEVER had a reputation of not being a hardworker, nor did he have that in San Antonio. Second, he is never going to get 20pts a night in Detroit, just like he would have NEVER averged 20pts in the offense that the Spurs run. 10 boards, I'll give you that...but 20pts a night is laughable.

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 02:32 PM
I think you're making the mistake of assuming that most NBA careers don't make it due to reasons other than those players simply not being talented enough.

Anyhow, the level of someones talent is incredibly subjective in the end so we could go round and round. Nazr is what he is, and he sucks.

exstatic
01-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Nazr is what he is, and he sucks.
We can agree on that. :)

exstatic
01-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Oh, and one more thing: he's struggled in SA and Detroit, two of the most meticulous and detailed teams that actually have offensive and defensive plays. He's done well when allowed to run up and down the court and react, like the 11/8 he averaged in 28 minutes under Herb Williams in NY. I think it's just a lack of smarts thing, myself. When he doesn't know the plays, his whole game suffers. Call it pressing, or whatever.

spurschick
01-14-2007, 05:37 PM
He shouldn't be counted on and all the work Pop and others put in that muslim guy

I'll repeat what others have already said... :wtf

himat
01-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Pistons are playing Dale because they want to showcase him. If the Pistons sign Webber they need to move a big man. Nazr hasn't lost his starting role yet.

boutons_
01-14-2007, 05:55 PM
"that muslim guy"

hmm, there's a LOT of very nasty history, recent and ancient, in the Balkans with one side being Muslim.

Balkans = collision point/bleeding edge between European Christians and Asian Muslims

bdubya
01-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Nazr is probably slower than Rasho. That's just slow.

He's just not that talented by NBA standards. He's horrible at setting picks, misses most of his rotations, has horrible hands, can't defend without reaching in

That's the killer. When he's on the floor, in spite of his flaws he's productive enough; it's not bad having a starting center who can score for a change. But he's a foul-machine under the basket; if he could correct that, his minutes wouldn't be an issue.

zeleni
01-15-2007, 08:59 AM
"that muslim guy"

hmm, there's a LOT of very nasty history, recent and ancient, in the Balkans with one side being Muslim.

Balkans = collision point/bleeding edge between European Christians and Asian Muslims

No, that wasn't it. Your politicaly correct asses needed some spanking. I brought up muslims, since its obvious that he was even marketed as Malik's replacement (also a muslim). I haven't got anything against them and I have to say I have great relationships with all sorts of people. Wouldn't want to make Slovenia to nice for all of you, but we are hardly in the Balkans. (that muslim-orto-catholic brawl goes from Bosnia to Turkey)

Nazr's game against the Suns was the core of any theme in the Nazr/Rasho debate. (people were entirely for NAZR (don't give me lies about that). For Rasho, there were Slovenes and a FEW-not even most- informed posters. That was it.

Ploto was right to declare a winner in that debate. It was us. Not even Rasho ladies wanted to admit that now. (defence-defense debate: These are geographical differences and have nothing to do with ignorance)

Spurs are going to fix themselves and be a champion with Elson as the next great piece of the puzzle. That is all that matters in the future.

spurschick
01-15-2007, 09:46 AM
No, that wasn't it. Your politicaly correct asses needed some spanking. I brought up muslims, since its obvious that he was even marketed as Malik's replacement (also a muslim).

Ploto was right to declare a winner in that debate. It was us.

:dizzy If you don't get help at Charter, please get help somewhere.

Slo spurs fan
01-15-2007, 10:49 AM
"that muslim guy"

STFU boutons_
Just remember your past relations with native Americans or black slaves or your war with Mexico (not to mantion THE WALL)...There was A LOT of blood shared too.
Every nation in the world has their ups and downs, so don´t talk political shit here in sports forums.

picnroll
01-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Malik's Muslim?

angel_luv
01-15-2007, 11:57 AM
I think Zeleni meant that Nazr was marketed as Malik's replacement and also as a Muslim.
Although the only references I remember to Nazr being Muslim is when they talked about his fasting during training camp.

picnroll
01-15-2007, 12:03 PM
How'd our boy Rasho do against the Mavs yesterday? Did he show us the big mistake Pop made not playing him more in the WC semi-finals last year?

angel_luv
01-15-2007, 12:04 PM
http://www.nba.com/games/20070114/DALTOR/boxscore.html

16:21 minutes-2 points, 2 rebounds, and steal and a blocked shot

ploto
01-15-2007, 12:13 PM
How'd our boy Rasho do against the Mavs yesterday? Did he show us the big mistake Pop made not playing him more in the WC semi-finals last year?

http://www.popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow.cgi?date=20070114&game=DALTOR

phxspurfan
01-15-2007, 12:20 PM

that's a good point. some NHL goalies work on their hands with coordination activities. Someone give Nazr Patrick Roy's number...

ploto
01-15-2007, 12:25 PM
In related news...

DETROIT - Whether Timberwolves swingman Marko Jaric recently asked owner Glen Taylor to be traded or not -- a matter of some dispute within the team's ranks Sunday -- the underachieving point guard-turned-pricey backup might be packing after all.

The Wolves have been talking with the Detroit Pistons about a deal that could send Jaric to Motown, with one of several big men -- Nazr Mohammed, Antonio McDyess or Dale Davis -- heading to Minnesota.

Sources familiar with the negotiations told the Star Tribune late Sunday night that the trade talks could yield a deal within days. The Pistons, whom the Wolves face today in a Martin Luther King holiday matinee at the Palace of Auburn Hills and again at Target Center on Friday, are eager to open a spot in their rotation for former Philadelphia power forward Chris Webber...

Mohammed ($5.215 million this season) and McDyess ($5.88 million) have salaries that fit best with Jaric ($5.525) this season for NBA salary-matching rules regarding trades.
http://www.startribune.com/511/story/936610.html

Makes sense with Webber signing.

zeleni
01-15-2007, 03:39 PM
:dizzy If you don't get help at Charter, please get help somewhere.
What is this "Charter" you are talking about? :blah

I still think ladies are the best part of this forum, so let us not fight. :nerd :spin

Sometimes people could just say: "Good point." This debate about former Spurs centers is just not civil. :wakeup

ShoogarBear
01-15-2007, 04:00 PM
No, that wasn't it. Your politicaly correct asses needed some spanking. I brought up muslims, since its obvious that he was even marketed as Malik's replacement (also a muslim). Congratulations. You've just elevated yourself to Complete Fucking Moron status.

spurschick
01-15-2007, 04:31 PM
What is this "Charter" you are talking about? :blah

It's a psychiatric hospital.

smeagol
01-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Zeleni, that was a moronic thing to say.

So Nazr was being mistreated because he was a muslim?

zeleni
01-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Zeleni, that was a moronic thing to say.

So Nazr was being mistreated because he was a muslim?

Mistreated?

Can you please tell me how was he mistreated? I heard no one talking about him being a victim of anything. Just as no one said Rasho was a victim. I was talking about him being marketed. Used. Unless you think that is a bad thing and do not wear Spurs jerseys...

And you are a politicaly correct moron if you try to make his religion more of an political issue as just a marketing ploy. Rasho was being bashed...Nazr and his awkward hands were applauded, since he stood under the basket just looking for some junk. I was sick of it. What was the reason he seemed acceptable...? Suddenly team basketball just wasn't a value anymore with the fans.
He was like Malik, and a pretty bad version of Malik at that, but you loved him for it.

And who cares what you think about my mental abbilities... :wakeup

zeleni
01-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Congratulations. You've just elevated yourself to Complete Fucking Moron status.

So when do we get to talk on the same level. How low? :married:

Hey, that was not a friendly line to drop, if you know what i mean. :nope

ShoogarBear
01-15-2007, 05:14 PM
The ONLY person to bring up religion is YOU.

And nobody else can figure out what the hell you're talking about.

zeleni
01-15-2007, 05:17 PM
And still you call ME a moron...

spurschick
01-15-2007, 06:00 PM
And you are a politicaly correct moron if you try to make his religion more of an political issue as just a marketing ploy.

People who live in glass houses...

exstatic
01-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Malik's Muslim?
That's my question, too. WTF?

I also never heard him marketed as a replacement for Malik. He just switched roster spots with him, AFAIK. They were looking for a more "big man" skill set. Malik was falling in love with handling the ball and raining jumpers.

MannyIsGod
01-15-2007, 06:53 PM
I don't believe Zelini is in touch with reality. Malik is NOT a Muslim. Doesn't anyone remember how big of an influence David Robinson had on him with religion?

Anyhow, Nazr was NEVER marketed as a Muslim. That would be extremely foolish given the way this country feels towards Muslims at this time.

Zelini is a complete moron.

ShoogarBear
01-15-2007, 06:58 PM
No, Malik is not Muslim.

The only time Nazr's religion was ever brought up was when he fasted for Ramadan.

Until this recent campaign to be the Designated Moron of the Board.

ploto
01-16-2007, 12:42 AM
The plot thickens...

Mohammed says he'll ask for trade if role continues to shrink

AUBURN HILLS -- If Nazr Mohammed's role with the Detroit Pistons continues to shrink, the 6-foot-10 center said he will ask to be traded.

"I'm not that type of guy who can sit on the bench happily," Mohammed said prior to Monday's 94-90 overtime loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves. "I came here to play. I like to be part of what the team is doing on the floor. So if I'm not in the plans, then yeah, I would ask for a trade."

Mohammed has been displeased with his role for weeks, but it wasn't until Monday, when the Pistons got word that Chris Webber was planning to join the team today, that he alluded to the idea of asking for a trade.

Webber's arrival will mean reduced playing time for some, if not all, of Detroit's frontcourt players. Mohammed's minutes were already being cut by head coach Flip Saunders before Webber's commitment, and after starting the first 33 games this season, Mohammed was replaced by Dale Davis the last three games.

Not only has Mohammed, an off-season free-agent signee, been unhappy with his reduced role, he was also bothered by the way his demotion from the starting lineup was handled.

"I would have appreciated him (Saunders) saying something to me at least when he took me out of the lineup," said Mohammed, who indicated that he didn't learn he had lost his starting job until Saunders talked about player matchups prior to last Friday's game at Atlanta. "I was really (upset) about that. But all I know how to do is when you're mad, you work harder. You go to the gym, put in your work, you work harder and hard work pays off. That's what I' m going to do."

Reserve forward Antonio McDyess believes Webber's arrival will make it necessary for the Pistons to trade at least one of their big men.

"He'll definitely help us, but there's a few guys in this room who are biting their nails, wondering who's lucky number is going to be called," McDyess said. "Because you know, somebody has to go."

In all likelihood, that somebody will be Mohammed.

Reserve guard Lindsey Hunter returned on Monday after missing the previous 18 games with a sore right Achilles tendon. He was scoreless in 10 minutes, but had two assists and a steal. . . . The Pistons have had some preliminary discussions with the Timberwolves regarding a trade for Marko Jaric. The Pistons like his versatility -- he can play both guard positions and small forward -- but they aren't enamored with his contract, which has four years and more than $27 million remaining.

LINK (http://www.mlive.com/pistons/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1168922403101170.xml&coll=1)

Kori Ellis
01-16-2007, 12:59 AM
For the record, Malik isn't Muslim. He's very Christian and led the Spurs worships after certain games after David's retirement. Why did you (Zeleni) think he was Muslim?

Also Nazr wasn't marketed as a Muslim - no one even mentioned it except during his slumps during/after Ramadan.

ploto
01-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Nazr to the Rockets?

I question the validity of this guy's information because I think he is off on what actually happened with the Spurs and Nazr this past summer. I don't think the Spurs offered Nazr a contract and a starting job, but here it is anyway.

...Since then Bonzi has struggled with different nagging injuries, due largely to the fact that he wasn’t in shape to begin with. When he has been in shape his attitude has prevented him from being on the court for more than a few cameo appearances. Jeff Van Gundy has had enough, so when the Detroit Pistons called offering Nazr Mohammed the Rockets should have jumped all over it.

Nazr is not someone who makes the Rockets a deep playoff team, but he is someone who can step in and spell Yao Ming and Dikembe Mutombo. He can also be the Rockets’ solution to replacing Mutombo after the season. He has championship experience as a member of the San Antonio Spurs and as shown that when properly motivated he can be a productive low post player. He averaged 11 and 8 for the Knicks before landing in San Antonio and also gave the Atlanta Hawks 12 and 9 when they were leaning on him as their only low post threat.

Gregg Popovich came to the conclusion that Nazr doesn’t do enough on either end of the court, which is why he began taking away playing time last season. The idea, however, was to start him when they traded Rasho Nesterovic to the Toronto Raptors. They were surprised to learn that Nzar was spurning their starting role in favor of playing in Detroit. Nazr was not amused with Popovich’s dog house routine, and preferred to change venues. Ironically, the Pistons have come to the same conclusion. Nazr doesn’t bring enough to the equation to be their starting center.

The Rockets don’t need a starting center. They need a solid back-up who can fill the void while the team waits for Yao Ming to return from his knee injury. Mutombo is playing outstanding basketball, but what would happen if he were to get hurt while putting more than 30 minutes per night on a 40-year-old body? The way the Rockets have struggled with injuries over the last few seasons they would do well to bring in another reserve who could start in a pinch.

The Pistons are considering some other deals, but the Rockets have reportedly made it clear that a Nazr-for-Bonzi deal is ready and waiting.
LINK (http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_20416.shtml)
Seems like an awful big contract for a back up center who gripes about playing time!

velik_m
01-16-2007, 02:15 PM
For the record, Malik isn't Muslim. He's very Christian and led the Spurs worships after certain games after David's retirement. Why did you (Zeleni) think he was Muslim?

I'm guessing because Malik is an Arabic name by origin.

zeleni
01-16-2007, 03:36 PM
I was (now obviously) wrong about Nazr. I remembered the talk about ramadan and that Malik was very religious, but forgot his religion. So I just went after his name.
I am sorry for that blunder, since it is sensitive to all of you.

They were both very religious. At least that is very common to both of them. And then there is race, determination, stubborness and low interest in tactics or strategy by either of them. (Ambition, and other great things about both of them are shared with all other Spurs.)

But still...
Nazr is still a player without a big role within a NBA team. Rasho is again vital, now even a mentor.

smeagol
01-16-2007, 05:55 PM
I was (now obviously) wrong about Nazr. I remembered the talk about ramadan and that Malik was very religious, but forgot his religion. So I just went after his name.
I am sorry for that blunder, since it is sensitive to all of you.

They were both very religious. At least that is very common to both of them. And then there is race, determination, stubborness and low interest in tactics or strategy by either of them. (Ambition, and other great things about both of them are shared with all other Spurs.)

But still...
Nazr is still a player without a big role within a NBA team. Rasho is again vital, now even a mentor.
Give it up.