PDA

View Full Version : poor grizzlies

ponky
01-13-2007, 10:29 PM
100-57, Chicago over Memphis and I don't believe Nocioni is playing.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-13-2007, 10:32 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57890

JMarkJohns
01-13-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm holding out hope the Suns can offer a bevy of picks and an expiring contract like Kurt Thomas for Gasol this offseason. They own Atlanta's pick, plus several others.

kingsfan
01-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Damn and Big Ben didn't play either. That's just sad.

Amare_32
01-13-2007, 10:37 PM

:lol
________
Free joomla themes (http://themesfree.org)
________
Volcano vaporizer (http://volcanovaporizer.net/)

dirk4mvp
01-13-2007, 10:40 PM
damn.

I watched the 1st quarter over at a friend's house after the Colts/ravens game. I didn't know it would be this bad.

ponky
I'm holding out hope the Suns can offer a bevy of picks and an expiring contract like Kurt Thomas for Gasol this offseason. They own Atlanta's pick, plus several others.

Hmmm, that might be interesting. Gasol would not be as quick as the Suns and he's no improvement on D whereas Thomas does play good D but I haven't really thought about that trade much so maybe there is an upside. Of course, I've always liked Kurt Thomas because I'm a *cough cough* Knicks fan. :oops I'd prefer that Gasol go to the East where he may have a chance of helping out one of their shitty teams. Why in particular do you want Gasol? Just curious.

themvp
Dou you think they have any chance getting back into this game right now?

ponky
01-13-2007, 10:41 PM

grizzlies = :owned

Texas_Ranger
01-13-2007, 10:43 PM
105 - 61. OMG. And it is still not over.

1Parker1
01-13-2007, 10:44 PM
WTF, Ben Wallace didn't even play and that was the final score?

1Parker1
01-13-2007, 10:45 PM
BTW, Whatever happened to Eddie Jones???

ponky
01-13-2007, 10:45 PM
they should not be allowed in our division

ponky
01-13-2007, 10:46 PM
WTF, Ben Wallace didn't even play and that was the final score?

it's not over 63-107 w/ nearly 3 min left

JMarkJohns
01-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Hmmm, that might be interesting. Gasol would not be as quick as the Suns and he's no improvement on D whereas Thomas does play good D but I haven't really thought about that trade much so maybe there is an upside. Of course, I've always liked Kurt Thomas because I'm a *cough cough* Knicks fan. :oops I'd prefer that Gasol go to the East where he may have a chance of helping out one of their shitty teams. Why in particular do you want Gasol? Just curious.

Gasol is a good shotblocker. He helps on defense some. Not traditional defense, but the Suns don't play traditional defense anyways.

As for why, because he's a legit 7-footer with range on his jumper, good passing ability and low post moves. Plus, he's still young. You put him with Amare, Marion and Diaw and that's the best frontcourt in the League.

Kurt Thomas plays maybe 20 minutes a game right now. Probably closer to 15. I like Thomas and what he brings, but he's not the offensive player D'Antoni loves. I just think that if the Grizzlies land Oden, with Swift and Warrick, Gasol becomes expendable. Plus, with an additional potential top-5, they can address their other needs with what's likely to be an all-star calibur talent and add depth with a second pick this year and a future pick probably in two years. Thomas gives them 9 million in CAP relief at year's end.

RonMexico
01-13-2007, 10:49 PM

Please tell me you're joking - Pau is the most overrated "all-star" I've ever seen. He has single-handedly lost games for that team... last year, it was Damon Stoudamire who got them off to a hot start and when Damon tore his ACL, the team fell apart and snuck into the 8-spot. I would never want Pau, his disgusting facial hair, his lack of speed, and his worthless back-to-the basket game. He's probably the only guy in the league I don't see Nash making better.

RonMexico
01-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Gasol is a good shotblocker. He helps on defense some. Not traditional defense, but the Suns don't play traditional defense anyways.

As for why, because he's a legit 7-footer with range on his jumper, good passing ability and low post moves. Plus, he's still young. You put him with Amare, Marion and Diaw and that's the best frontcourt in the League.

Kurt Thomas plays maybe 20 minutes a game right now. Probably closer to 15. I like Thomas and what he brings, but he's not the offensive player D'Antoni loves. I just think that if the Grizzlies land Oden, with Swift and Warrick, Gasol becomes expendable. Plus, with an additional potential top-5, they can address their other needs with what's likely to be an all-star calibur talent and add depth with a second pick this year and a future pick probably in two years. Thomas gives them 9 million in CAP relief at year's end.

Even with these comments, it's Kurt Thomas's ability to keep Amare grounded during his comeback, keep the mood light in the locker room (I've read Jack McCallum's book and I firmly believe that character guys are just as important as talent to a team's overall success), and provide defense, rebounding and quality mid-range shooting ability to help the Suns in their quest to do what they have failed to do in the past 2 years - get past the WCF. His experience is second-to-none - Pau's experience includes an inability to speak the English language and going 0-12 in his career in playoff games.

JMarkJohns
01-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Ron, I think you're crazy. He's an all-around offensive talent that adds size and shotblocking on the defensive end. I don't know where you think he's slow. He's not Amare, but he's more athletic and and certainly faster than Thomas right now.

JMarkJohns
01-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Pau's experience includes an inability to speak the English language and going 0-12 in his career in playoff games.

Duely noted, however, would you say the same about Garnett? Both players' teams overacheived and were exposed come playoff time. Neither were very talented. Gasol is still young and was money in the FIBA tournament this past year until getting injured. He posts, he shoots, he passes, he rebounds, he blocks shots and he's 7-foot.

Short of the Suns having a shot at Brandon Wright or Joakim Noah in the draft, Gasol will be the best big man (potentially) available.

ponky
01-13-2007, 10:59 PM
haha, way to focus on facial hair and an inability to speak the english language when making an argument against pau...i remember a whole spotlight on barbosa and his inability to speak english and how things were written down for him by some asst coach...you sound like some woman checking out another woman's dress when the focus should be on talent...also, i doubt nash will keep that short hair, not to mention THIS hair:
http://www.deadspin.com/images/2006/05/doingthenash.jpg