PDA

View Full Version : Manu-translation

Emanuel20
01-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Fue una noche especial: iban todas adentro.
por Manu / 09-01-07

Si bien no llegamos a un punto en el que uno dice: "De esto no nos recuperamos", la verdad es que no estábamos bien, conocemos nuestras dificultadas. Tres derrotas seguidas son demasiado para nosotros. No estamos acostumbrados y no nos podíamos permitir volver a perder.

Desde ese punto de vista, ganarle a Memphis nos dio un poco de tranquilidad, pero también confiábamos en que tarde o temprano íbamos a salir de ese momento malo.

Igual acá no hay dramatismo, ni nada parecido. Nuestra gente se porta 10 puntos. Contra Dallas, veníamos de perder dos partidos seguidos y sin embargo gritaron y alentaron como nunca. Cada tanto veo que en otros equipos, después de una racha mala, las canchas se ven con menos gente o empiezan los silbidos. Nunca me tocó pasar por algo similar en San Antonio, porque creo que no hay razones para eso.

En general, el clima sigue siendo el mismo. Aunque no hablamos de eso, las posiciones las miramos, por supuesto. Y no nos gusta vernos ahí en el cuarto puesto. Estamos a tres partidos de Dallas (27-8), a dos de Phenix (25-8) y hasta Utah está arriba nuestro (24-10).

Lo que también sabemos es que hay tiempo para mejorar, porque todavía no llegamos ni siquiera a la mitad de la temporada y, además, nos ha tocado salir campeones siendo los N° 1 o sin serlo.

Sobre el equipo, en general, veo que estamos algo por detrás de lo que mostramos en otras temporadas. No estamos defendiendo bien y eso es lo que hay que recuperar principalmente.

Tony Parker tuvo un comienzo impresionante y Tim Duncan arrancó muy bien. Ahora están un poco más parejos. A Tim se lo ve tranquilo con la situación. Para mí el equipo es un reflejo de su estrella. Y cuando no estamos bien, él tampoco se luce tanto. De acá a 20 partidos podemos volver a ser un equipo parecido al que fue campeón o mejor todavía. Eso se verá.

Los 34 puntos que metí contra Memphis no tuvieron que ver con la ausencia de Tony Parker. No cambiamos la forma de jugar. Fue un partido igual que los anteriores. Tal vez en un final más cerrado me tocaba llevar más la pelota, pero no hubo necesidad. La única diferencia fue que tomé un par de lanzamientos más. Me di cuenta de que estaba en una noche especial porque estaban yendo todas adentro y me sentía con mucha confianza. Especialmente con los triples. Cuando empezó el segundo tiempo, creo que erré el primer tiro y ya no volví a fallar.

Escuché que se dice que estoy jugando como hace dos años, cuando fui al All Star, pero yo siento que sigo igual. El último año fue más cortado por las lesiones y eso me quitó algo de ritmo, pero no jugué peor o mejor que ahora.

Es cierto que estoy tirando con más efectividad. Lo de los porcentajes de triples (44%) está un poco fuera de lo normal, y lo de los libres (87%), es mucho mental, es psicológico. Siempre digo que las cosas al final se emparejan. Igual estoy trabajando mucho en el tiro. Es difícil mantener esos porcentajes, aunque no creo que baje del 44 al 35% de otros años. Siempre se puede mejorar.

manu

twincam
01-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Here is the translation for you! It's not 100% clean/clear, but this is that the translator gave me.

Was a special night: went all inside. by Manu / 09-01-07

Though we do not arrive at a point in which one says: "Of this do not we recover", the truth is that we were not well, we know ours complicated. Three continued routs are too much for us. We are not usual and we could not permit us to lose again.

Since that point of view, to gain him to Memphis a little tranquility gave us, but also we trusted in which sooner or later we were going to leave the bad moment.

Equal here there is not drama, neither nothing seemed. Our people carries itself 10 points. Against you Mow, we came to lose two continued parties and nevertheless they shouted and they encouraged as never. Each so much one I see that in other teams, after a bad gust of wind, the courts are seen with less people or they begin the whistles. Never it touched me to pass for somewhat similar in San Antonio, because I believe that there is not reasons for that.

In general, the climate continues being the same one. Although we do not speak of that, the positions we look at them, of course. And we do not like to see us there in the room placed. We are to three parties of you Mow (27-8), to two of Phenix (25-8) and even Utah is up our (24-10).

What also we know is that there is time to improve, because do not yet we arrive not even halfway of the season and, besides, has touched us to leave champions being the N° 1 or without be it.

On the team, in general, I see that we are something behind what we show in other seasons. We are not defending well and that is what one must recover mainly.

Tony Parker had an impressive beginning and Tim Duncan started very well. Now they are a little more even. To Tim is seen the tranquil with the situation. For me the team is a reflection of its star. And when we are not well, he does neither light up so much. From here to 20 parties we can be again a team seemed al that was champion or better still. That it will be seen.

The 34 points that put against Memphis did not have to they do with the absence of Tony Parker. We do not change the form to play. Was a party the same as the previous. Perhaps in a more it closed end touched me to carry more the ball, but do not there was need. The only difference was that I took a pair of launches more. I realized that was in a special night because were going all inside and felt me with a lot of confidence. Especially with the triples. When it began the second time, I believe that I erred the first shot and no longer I failed again.

MYSELF listened that is said that I am playing as two years ago, when I was al All Star, but I feel that I continue equal. The last more it was cut year by the wounds and that he removed me something of rhythm, but I did not play worse or better than now.

He is certain that I am throwing with more effectiveness. That business about the percentages of triples (44%) is a little out of the normal thing, and him of the free (87%), he is a lot mental, he is psychological. Always I say that the things al final match. Equal I am working a lot in the shot. It is difficult to maintain those percentages, although I do not believe that descend of the 44 al 35% of other years. Can always improve.

manu

Emanuel20
01-14-2007, 10:38 AM
twincam

Thank you!

twincam
01-14-2007, 01:15 PM
not a problem

TMTTRIO
01-14-2007, 02:42 PM
They posted the translated version on his site.

It was a special night: The ball was always going into the basked
por Manu / 01-09-2007

Although we had not gotten tot he point when you say: “We won't recover from this,” the reality is that we were not doing well, we know what our weaknesses are. Losing three games in a row is too much for us. We are not used to this, and we could not allow ourselves to lose one more game.

Given these facts, beating Memphis gave us some tranquility, but we also knew that sooner or later we would snap out of this negative period.

However, I should say that there is no drama here. Our fans support us all the way. When we played against Dallas, we had lost two games in a row and still, our fans shouted and supported us like never before. From time to time I see that when other teams lose a couple of games, the number of fans at their arenas begin to dwindle or the players are booed. I never experienced anything like this iin San Antonio, because there are no reasons for things like these to happen.

In general, the atmosphere is the same. Although we don't talk about the standings, it goes without saying that we watch them. And we don't like seeing that we are fourth on the standings. We are three games behind Dallas (27-8), two games behind Phoenix (25-8) and even Utah is ahead of us (24-10).

What we also know is that there is time for improvement, because we are not yet mid-way through the season. Besides, we have won the play-offs regardless of whether we were number one on the standings.

About the team, I should say that we are somewhat behind where we were in other seasons. We are not defending well and this is what we have to be able to do.

This season, Tony Parker had a great start and Tim Duncan started very well. Now there is more balance. Tim looks calm with what is going on. To me the team is a reflection of its star. And when we are not doing well, he does not shine as much. Within the next 20 games, we may look more like the team that won the championship or we may even get better. We will see.

The 34 points that I made against Memphis had nothing to do with the fact that we did not have Tony Parker. We did not change the way we played. It was a game that was similar to the previous ones. Had the game been closer, I might have ended up having more responsibility at the end, but there was no need for this. The only difference was that I made a couple of extra shots. I realized that it was a special night because the ball was going into the basket and I felt very confident. In particular, this was the case with the three-point shots. I missed the first three pointer at the beginning of the second half, and I did not miss one again.

I heard people say that I am playing like I was two years ago, when I made it to the All Star Game, but I feel that I am the same. Last year I lacked continuity because I was hurt and this led me to be somewhat out of rhythm, but I did not play any better or worse than I am playing now.

It is true that I am more effective. My three-point percentage is a little out of the norm (44%), and the free throws (87%) are much more of a mental thing, it's psychological. I always say that in the end there is balance. Still, I am working a lot on my shooting skills. It's hard to keep those percentages, although I don't think I will go from 44% to the 35% of other years. There is always room for improvemen.

manu