PDA

View Full Version : GTG - need to organise, place your times prefs here...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Okay peeps, I really want to GTG with y'all so it's about time we started organising in earnest. Please place your ideal days and times here, location can come later.

I'll be watching the game tomorrow at lunch with Kori and LJ if anyone would like to join us, not sure where yet. Mention it in this thread as well if you want to come along.

Cheers,

Ruff :)

midgetonadonkey
01-14-2007, 09:18 PM
I like beer.

midgetonadonkey
01-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Honestly, if there is a GTG I will probably show up.

Kori Ellis
01-14-2007, 09:54 PM
If it's freezing rain/sleet/hail tomorrow, I'll be watching the game from my bed :lol

Seriously I think the roads are supposed to be iced over. Let me see how the weather goes tonight.

Kori Ellis
01-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Here's my ideas for GTG's in the upcoming week:

Friday night - GTG on the Riverwalk after the Spurs game.

Saturday night - SpursTalk dinner and drinks GTG

Sunday afternoon - GTG at Champps for NFL playoffs and Spurs road game.

Let me know what people are interested in doing of any of these (or something else).

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 10:01 PM
I think the roads will be fine tomorrow, but it could go either way. The low is supposed to be 34 or 33, but obviously being off 2 degrees is entirely possible and maybe even likely. There will will almost assuredly be places in the City that dip below freezing regardless of what the temperature at the airport is, so travel will be rough going.

The problem is that later on in the week looks worse. Maybe after Wednesday it will be better, but I doubt it will be any better before then.

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Those sound good to me.

SequSpur
01-14-2007, 10:03 PM
"organize"

it's to cold.

jman3000
01-14-2007, 10:06 PM
"organize"

it's to cold.
:lmao .. irony?

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Organise is spelled right because he's from Australia.

SequSpur
01-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Organise is spelled right because he's from Australia.

whutever.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-14-2007, 10:11 PM
All three sound fine, but I'd be joining later on Friday and Saturday.

Kori Ellis
01-14-2007, 10:13 PM
I don't know if we can even do all 3 but I thought I'd throw the ideas out there. Everyone can chime in and then we'll figure it out.

Depending on weather, we might still get together for lunch and the game tomorrow. At my house, it's always more rainy than everywhere else for some reason.

midgetonadonkey
01-14-2007, 10:14 PM
How about a Sugars GTG?

SequSpur
01-14-2007, 10:16 PM
I don't know if we can even do all 3 but I thought I'd throw the ideas out there. Everyone can chime in and then we'll figure it out.

Depending on weather, we might still get together for lunch and the game tomorrow. At my house, it's always more rainy than everywhere else for some reason.

Lion and Rose Pub.

Kori Ellis
How about a Sugars GTG?

Will you get vulgar there?

Kori Ellis
Lion and Rose Pub.

When? Tomorrow?

SequSpur
01-14-2007, 10:19 PM
When? Tomorrow?

yeah... it's right across from my office and I might be able to organise and get over there... I feel a fever coming on....

Kori Ellis
01-14-2007, 10:20 PM
yeah... it's right across from my office and I might be able to organise and get over there... I feel a fever coming on....

It's not very convenient for me, but I'll let you know!

SequSpur
01-14-2007, 10:22 PM
hey, i am just making a suggestion... i probably won't be able to get out anyway... it's a busy day.... :pctoss

I am calling NAACP in the morning though.

Kori Ellis
01-14-2007, 10:24 PM
hey, i am just making a suggestion... i probably won't be able to get out anyway... it's a busy day.... :pctoss

I am calling NAACP in the morning though.

:lol

angel_luv
01-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Here's my ideas for GTG's in the upcoming week:

I don't think I can come but I am not an absolute no.
I finish work at five so I can make dinner,
Maybe on this one
Let me know what people are interested in doing of any of these (or something else).

spurschick
01-14-2007, 10:27 PM

I won't be able to join you all for lunch tomorrow, but any of the above works for me.

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Count me out if Veronica and Mel will be present. They're mean.

KEDA
01-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Meg and I are down for either Friday night and/or Saturday night, I dont think I will be able to do anything for Sunday though, I will be working.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-15-2007, 12:07 AM
"organize"

it's to cold.

Sequ, I'm not going to butcher the language just because I'm in the US. British English came first buddy! :lmao

All of Kori's ideas sound good to me, so now it's just a matter of which one/s most people can make it to. Let's leave this thread here and we'll evolve a plan by around Thursday is my guess... :lol

It's all good. Can't wait to see you all together though, and it will no doubt be a novel experience for those who've never met me before. Even for those who have, I have changed quite a bit in the direction of older and wiser (and taller, apparently)... anyway, keep the input coming.

:spin

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Oh, and Manny, feel like organising a poker game? If so, I'll be eternally grateful. I may even dump to you... :lol

PS I leave on the 28th.

T Park
01-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Im down for all of the above.

Kori Ellis
01-15-2007, 04:54 AM
Ruff - It's 4am almost and I'm still going to be working for a few more hours. So, I'm not going to be doing anything for the game tomorrow. I might even be sleeping at that time and watching it later.

So if you call me in the morning and I don't answer - this is why.

angel_luv
01-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Count me out if Veronica and Mel will be present. They're mean.

Actually I am out on Friday and Saturday.
I was so tired last night I couldn't think of why I felt I wasn't free. :dizzy :oops

My mom gets in from China Friday after the Spurs game and Saturday I am spending the evening with her.

I'll try hard to make the Sunday GTG, should there be one. :)

Justin Timberlake
01-15-2007, 05:14 PM
good veronica is the devil

SequSpur
01-15-2007, 07:18 PM
dude, ruff is hosed, nobody wants to hang out... :lol

RashoFan
01-15-2007, 08:49 PM
So far, I should be available for any of the weekend plans. Sunday sounds great, I will either be celebrating a Bears win or drowning my sorrows in a Bears loss.

angel_luv
01-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Nice sig, Sis.

I am rooting for your and Timmy's Bears to win big. :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-16-2007, 01:55 AM
dude, ruff is hosed, nobody wants to hang out... :lol

Yeah, no-one loves me... :depressed :lol

Don't worry Sequ, I'm finding more than enough random fun even if I'm getting no love from the Club! :lmao

RashoFan
01-16-2007, 02:32 AM
Ruff,
Had a great time tonight. It was so nice talking with you,noticed how it took almost 3 hours to play 3 games of pool! Made it home ok, no ice to deal with thanks to TXDOT having the bridges covered with gravel. Looking forward to meeting up with again!

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-16-2007, 03:17 AM
So far, I should be available for any of the weekend plans. Sunday sounds great, I will either be celebrating a Bears win or drowning my sorrows in a Bears loss.

Submitted for your approval. (http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/01/threatdown-chicago-bears-h_116853714521436737.html)

And another... (http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/01/rachel-nichols-ill-let-you-inside-my.html)

kris
01-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Ruff,
Had a great time tonight. It was so nice talking with you,noticed how it took almost 3 hours to play 3 games of pool! Made it home ok, no ice to deal with thanks to TXDOT having the bridges covered with gravel. Looking forward to meeting up with again!

http://www.painetworks.com/photos/hi/hi2508.JPG

http://forsan.esc18.net/games/99_Games/Garden_City/Touchdown.jpg

http://www.foxtick.com/FARK/touchdown.jpg

http://i2-images.tv2.dk/s/55/643455-ffea51d45badb369aa9200a34be3f101.jpeg

para ahogo usar esta conexión

el linko (http://www.ou.edu/oupd/choke.htm)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Ruff,

Me too. Glad to hear you got home safely, it was (and still is) pretty horrible out there!

Thank you for the support kris... :lol Hope to see you at the GTG this weekend?

kris
01-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Me too. Glad to hear you got home safely, it was (and still is) pretty horrible out there!

Thank you for the support kris... :lol Hope to see you at the GTG this weekend?

It would take snow in San Antonio to keep me away.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-17-2007, 12:03 PM
:lol You may well be staying home then.

How about this damned weather!? It's really putting a crimp in all my plans... I mean, even the OHT was closed last night because of the weather! I am getting very lonely in my room... :depressed

Wonder if the game will be on tonight?

spurschick
01-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Wonder if the game will be on tonight?

They're saying yes.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-17-2007, 12:24 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers make their only regular season visit to the AT&T Center when they take on the Spurs Wednesday night. The Spurs dropped their previous meeting with L.A. 106-99 on Dec. 10.
>> Weather Update: Tonight's game will go on as scheduled

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-17-2007, 12:29 PM
They're saying yes at the moment... but the weather people say there'll be no real thawing on the roads until tomorrow.

I guess it will happen, but maybe for the first time I've ever been there only half a crowd will turn up!?

Anyway, if you are going to the game budget for twice as long as usual to get there, drive slow, and be careful out there, people.

(Man, am I getting bored. Think I might get a little wild at the game tonight. Watch out, The Wolf may very well be in the building... )

Kori Ellis
01-17-2007, 07:11 PM
For weekend plans, I'll leaning toward Dinner/Drinks on Saturday and then perhaps some type of sports bar GTG on Sunday.

Hopefully the weather gets better and we can solidify some plans soon.

RashoFan
01-17-2007, 08:32 PM
A Saturday AND Sunday GTG sounds fantastic!!! I am in.

KEDA
01-19-2007, 12:52 AM
officially out for Sunday, but what about Saturday night?

Kori Ellis
01-19-2007, 04:30 AM
officially out for Sunday, but what about Saturday night?

I'll wait for Ruff to chime in, but I'm thinking of dinner and margaritas at a Mexican restaurant on Saturday evening.

Then maybe something at a sportsbar Sunday.

kris
01-19-2007, 04:38 AM
I'll wait for Ruff to chime in, but I'm thinking of dinner and margaritas at a Mexican restaurant on Saturday evening.

Then maybe something at a sportsbar Sunday.

It's going to be the blowout of all blowouts this weekend. Wear your galoshes, this one could get wild.

:reading

kris
01-19-2007, 04:40 AM
You know I'm really impressed they got that little smilie reading in the correct direction sense it is facing us from the opposite side. I know they had a 50-50 chance of getting it right, but still.

Kori Ellis
01-19-2007, 04:41 AM
It's going to be the blowout of all blowouts this weekend. Wear your galoshes, this one could get wild.

:reading

:lmao

http://www.equestriann.com/images/uploads2/pony-rain-boots-horses.jpg

kris
01-19-2007, 04:43 AM
:lmao

http://www.equestriann.com/images/uploads2/pony-rain-boots-horses.jpg

When did you get galoshes?

I already accounted on you wearing your bright red shoes and then having a funny reaction when they get taquila and hot sauce on them, so you're just going to have to take them back.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry I've been missing. They've been shutting down the office here early (even though it's meant to be 24 hours) and messing with my schedule.

Dinner Sat and Sports bar Sunday to watch the game sounds good to me. Go ahead and make those official if you like Kori, and see how many takers we get. :)

I've got courtside at the Hornets tonight, and I'm going to be pretty hyped up afterwards I think, so I am also thinking Riverwalk tonight post-game.

Kori Ellis
01-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Okay, I think I have to do the Round Tables on Saturday. So let me figure out what time and then I'll make a thread about the dinner/drinks GTG.

Do you need a ride to the game today or you have one?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-19-2007, 03:37 PM
No thanks, going to get there at 5 so I can watch the whole thing from courtside. May like a lift home though. I will call you in the next hour (my phone is charging). Cheers.