PDA

View Full Version : TOOL the BEST BAND OUT TODAY???

Amarelooms
01-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Why are they so good? Please discuss......

Jimcs50
01-14-2007, 10:49 PM
they suck

SequSpur
01-14-2007, 10:49 PM
tool rules...

NASpurs
01-14-2007, 10:51 PM
I like A Perfect Circle better.

Amarelooms
01-14-2007, 10:51 PM
they suck

HAHAHA yeah ok. TOOL >>>>> "any band you like"

Think for yourself...question authority!

ChumpDumper
01-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Think for yourself by agreeing with whatever some dude on a message board says!

SequSpur
01-14-2007, 10:57 PM

huh?

Amarelooms
01-14-2007, 10:57 PM

:ihit

ChumpDumper
01-14-2007, 10:59 PM
huh?Exactly.

Condemned 2 HelLA
01-14-2007, 11:09 PM
A decent band, but far from the best.

jman3000
01-14-2007, 11:17 PM
hamburger helper.

Fat Bones
01-14-2007, 11:43 PM
I could give a rat's ass who's "the best band", but I do still have my tickets for their postponed show...

They do put on the best show I've seen for a rock band.

I'm mashing pink floyd and tool as we speak...

JMarkJohns
01-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Mer De Noms from A Perfect Circle is better than any Tool album, but Ænima is very close and H is the best song from both bands.

I don't care for modern music very much, so I would have to say that either Keenan endevour could be considered the best band out right now.

midgetonadonkey
01-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Tool is overrated.

scott
01-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Mars Volta.

Game over.

tlongII
01-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Tool is alright, but there are many jazz groups that are better.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-15-2007, 01:31 AM
tool puts out the same formula every album. just a different way to play 3 over 2. drone out the beginning and let carrey build it up to a quasi-solo and end with some hits at the end. yawn. there live show is tighter than a fish's wazoo. tool is getting "old". i wish i could've seen mastodon open for tool in europe. now there's a great band. mastodon. i'm sure carrey was checking out brann and saying "DAMN!!!!!"

nickbroken
01-15-2007, 02:19 AM
The Mars Volta is better.

hendrix
01-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Explosions in the sky

Viva Las Espuelas
01-15-2007, 11:14 AM
I prefer the longer up and down tones vs the same repetative lines over and over again and then nothing after 2 and half minutes. well they do the same repetative lines over and over again for 8 to 13 minutes at a time.

They're are just being true to their style and unlike most rock type bands Tool at least has some bluesy overtones. wow, blues in rock. now that's being innovative. don't tell zztop, santana, elvis or aerosmith that. especially don't tell robert, jimmy, john paul and bonzo that.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Tool.

Good.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-15-2007, 06:32 PM
A Perfect Circle's emotive album blew chunks

Shelly
01-15-2007, 07:22 PM
My husband and son love sTOOL. I can't stand them. They're a type of band that you listen to while smoking pot in your basement.

Or something...

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-15-2007, 07:34 PM
sTOOL.

:lmao

blackbucket
01-15-2007, 11:41 PM
You won't find 4 better rock musicians as a unit (counting the vocal as an "instrument").

Check out the avatar. What other rock singer with chops like Maynard would dress up like a fuckin' 'tard. :lol Gotta love him

blackbucket
01-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Oh, and the Mars Volta are unlike anything out today. They won't be very many people's cup of tea but you can't deny their passion. They are THE BEST live act. They are making those of us from El Paso proud. Check them out.

Guru of Nothing
01-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Why are they so good? Please discuss......

List your top 1000 bands, in no particular order.

TIA.

ZStomp
01-16-2007, 12:15 AM
http://www.eurielec.etsit.upm.es/~galdecoa/blog_files/logo.black_label_society.jpg

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.de/artists/BlackLabelSociety/mainpic.jpg

LaMarcus Bryant
01-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Zakk Wylde gets huge props as an artist, but more importantly, as a guitarist, due to being picked at the ripe young age of 18 to be Ozzy's touring right-hand-man. We are desensitized to the impact of Ozzy's decision due to the flow of history, but it must not be forgotten that this guy was basically given his entire career by Ozzy's eye for good talent.

TOOL is fucking awesome though, better than BLS.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-16-2007, 01:45 AM
I didn't say it was innovative I said I liked it and those groups or names you listed aren't even the same type of music. Thats not what I was saying, pay attention to what I'm saying. Yes before you shit yourself all over your ignorance it is different music and a different era all together.

Most mainstream shit doesn't have the bluesy overtones. I'm comparing them to the current bunch of garbage thats on the radio right now. They're not a third as redundant as their peers. I don't think you know their music. Go listen to Rosetta Stoned and tell me thats repetative. I think you're talking out your ass.alright, butt-nut, you asked for it. you mentioned "repetitive", right? check your post.

I prefer the longer up and down tones vs the same repetative lines over and over again and then nothing after 2 and half minutes. you prefered something other than "repetitive". innovation is non "repetitive". agreed? yes, yes. CHECK! let's move on, shall we. "most rock type bands" you say. i think zztop, santana, elvis and aerosmith are considered "rock type". you didn't indicate classic rock, 70's, or 80's rock. just "rock type bands". they are all inducted in the the rock and roll hall of fame. this must indicate they are a "rock type band". list some examples of the "type" bands you're comparing them to and we'll go from there. you paying attention to me and your posts? feel free to catch up before moving on. i'm fully aware of tool's music. i have 4 of their cd's and know them inside and out. i have yet to make it thru "lateralus" because it is boring as hell. i downloaded 10,000 years and felt aenema was a better record. if you say otherwise, i think you're talking out of your ass. and, i don't listen to radio at all because it sucks donkey balls. all you diehard tool fans are all the same. don't worry, maynard loves you for protecting their band. so to review, maybe be a little more careful when you call someone out for "talking out of their ass". i've been playing music for 27 years, 14 years professionally of many genres so i think i'm pretty well versed in this area. now who is covered in cagada?

Viva Las Espuelas
01-16-2007, 01:47 AM
Tool is overrated.HERE, HERE!!!!!!

ZStomp
01-16-2007, 02:10 AM
Zakk Wylde gets huge props as an artist, but more importantly, as a guitarist, due to being picked at the ripe young age of 18 to be Ozzy's touring right-hand-man. We are desensitized to the impact of Ozzy's decision due to the flow of history, but it must not be forgotten that this guy was basically given his entire career by Ozzy's eye for good talent.

TOOL is fucking awesome though, better than BLS.

Great response. Tool is freaken awesome! That I will say. It's just a matter of what one likes. You can't go wrong with either band. And yes, Ozzy's eye for good talent found us Zakk Wylde. Great artist and great guitarist.

:tu :tu :tu :tu

nickbroken
01-16-2007, 02:14 AM
Tool is great, but I'd say The Mars Volta are better musicians really...I'd give Maynard the nod over Cedric as having a better voice, I'd say Justin and Juan are about the same basswise....I'd say that Jon was a better drummer when he was with the band, then danny is, well close anyways...um...but The Mars Volta will go down as the Led Zepplin of our time.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Maybe you should have spent less years stroking cords and your cock and more years learning how to formulate sentences and paragraphs. Just a thought.

I'm not reading that jumbled mess of yours. Don't you have band practice in the garage to get too.

Sidenote 90% of their new album online from places like limewire and so forth are mislabeled. Its not them its someone else's music labeled as Tools.truth hurts doesn't it, handjob? i don't use limewire and it was their stuff i downloaded. no one can whine like maynard does. plus it was very repetitive.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-16-2007, 06:41 PM
What truth? The truth that you need to go back to kinder? Yes it probably hurts, you that is. Probably pretty tough to hold down a real job music man.

You are the biggest fucking moron to call it repetitive. The lyrics hardly repeat. Plain ignorant. Not liking the style is one thing but blatant idiocy is another. I really don't think its possible to be any more fucking stupid than you are.

I can post some of the lyrics if you like, then you can highlight the areas that repeat over and over, which will be next to none. At least know your shit or at least some of it. You clearly know nothing.

It'd be nice if an arguement would consist of making good points and truthful evaluation. How in the hell you got 400 posts deep is beyond me. Fucking know nothing talk out your ass loser.

Show me fuck face anything other than a word or two in beat that repeats over and over like most of todays music. I can pull more songs if you like.

All righty then. Picture this if you will.
10 to 2am X, yogi, DMT and a box of Krispy Kremes,
in my need-to-know pose just outside area 51
Contemplating the whole chosen people thingy when
just then a flaming stealth banana split the sky like one would hope but
never really expect to see in a place like this
Cutting right angle doughnuts on a dime and stopping right at my Birkenstocks
and me yelping... HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Fucking shit Holy fucking shit...fucking shit...fucking shit

Then the X-Files being,looking
like some kinda blue-green Jackie Chan
With Isabella Rossellini lips and breath that reeked of vanilla chig champa
Did a slow-mo matrix decent outta the butt end of the banana vessel
and hovered above my bug-eyes
My gaping jaw
And my sweaty L. Ron Hubbard upper lip,
And all I could think was,
I hope Uncle Martin here doesn't notice
That I pissed my fucking pants.

So light in his way
Like an apparition,
He had me crying out,
Fuck me!
It's gotta be
Dead head chemistry!
The blotter got right on top of me
Got me seeing E motherfucking T!

And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose,
He said you are the chosen one.
The one who will deliver the message.
A message of hope for those who choose to hear it
And a warning for those who do not.
Me, the chosen one
They chose me
And I didn't graduate from fucking high school!

You better
You better
You beter listen

He looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this shit never happens to me!

Can't breathe right now

It was so real
Like I woke up in Wonderland
Also a bit terrifying
I don't wanna be alone
When I tell this story
And can anyone tell me why
ya'll sound like peanuts parents
Will I ever be coming down?
This is so real
Finally it's my lucky day
See my heart is racing
Cause this shit never happens to me

Can't breathe right now

You believe me don't you
Please believe what I just said
See the dead ain't touring
And this wasn't all in my head.
See they took me by the hand
And invited me right in
Then they showed me something
I don't even know where to begin

Strapped down to my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive am I dead
Can't remember what they said
God damn shit the bed
High eye uh high eye

Overwhelmed as one would be
Placed in my position
Such a heavy burden now to be the one
Born to bear and bring to all
The details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see.
But I forgot my pen
Shit the bed again
Typical

Don't know, won't know Don't know
God damn shit the bed!

Noone knows the true lyrics to that song, so that is only a consensus

Why dont we all just buy this album and call it a day.

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0000630BT.01-A2R2RITDJNW1Q6._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38735939_.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2007, 12:13 AM
What truth? The truth that you need to go back to kinder? Yes it probably hurts, you that is. Probably pretty tough to hold down a real job music man.

You are the biggest fucking moron to call it repetitive. The lyrics hardly repeat. Plain ignorant. Not liking the style is one thing but blatant idiocy is another. I really don't think its possible to be any more fucking stupid than you are.

I can post some of the lyrics if you like, then you can highlight the areas that repeat over and over, which will be next to none. At least know your shit or at least some of it. You clearly know nothing.

It'd be nice if an arguement would consist of making good points and truthful evaluation. How in the hell you got 400 posts deep is beyond me. Fucking know nothing talk out your ass loser.

Show me fuck face anything other than a word or two in beat that repeats over and over like most of todays music. I can pull more songs if you like.

All righty then. Picture this if you will.
10 to 2am X, yogi, DMT and a box of Krispy Kremes,
in my need-to-know pose just outside area 51
Contemplating the whole chosen people thingy when
just then a flaming stealth banana split the sky like one would hope but
never really expect to see in a place like this
Cutting right angle doughnuts on a dime and stopping right at my Birkenstocks
and me yelping... HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Fucking shit Holy fucking shit...fucking shit...fucking shit

Then the X-Files being,looking
like some kinda blue-green Jackie Chan
With Isabella Rossellini lips and breath that reeked of vanilla chig champa
Did a slow-mo matrix decent outta the butt end of the banana vessel
and hovered above my bug-eyes
My gaping jaw
And my sweaty L. Ron Hubbard upper lip,
And all I could think was,
I hope Uncle Martin here doesn't notice
That I pissed my fucking pants.

So light in his way
Like an apparition,
He had me crying out,
Fuck me!
It's gotta be
Dead head chemistry!
The blotter got right on top of me
Got me seeing E motherfucking T!

And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose,
He said you are the chosen one.
The one who will deliver the message.
A message of hope for those who choose to hear it
And a warning for those who do not.
Me, the chosen one
They chose me
And I didn't graduate from fucking high school!

You better
You better
You beter listen

He looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this shit never happens to me!

Can't breathe right now

It was so real
Like I woke up in Wonderland
Also a bit terrifying
I don't wanna be alone
When I tell this story
And can anyone tell me why
ya'll sound like peanuts parents
Will I ever be coming down?
This is so real
Finally it's my lucky day
See my heart is racing
Cause this shit never happens to me

Can't breathe right now

You believe me don't you
Please believe what I just said
See the dead ain't touring
And this wasn't all in my head.
See they took me by the hand
And invited me right in
Then they showed me something
I don't even know where to begin

Strapped down to my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive am I dead
Can't remember what they said
God damn shit the bed
High eye uh high eye

Overwhelmed as one would be
Placed in my position
Such a heavy burden now to be the one
Born to bear and bring to all
The details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see.
But I forgot my pen
Shit the bed again
Typical

Don't know, won't know Don't know
God damn shit the bed!wow you are a typical tool fan. remember, maynard loves you. well, i've had the same job for 8 years, gig about 5 nights a month, OWN two cars and lots of other useless stuff so i do well. my musical tastes runs the gamut from mozart to nasum and i'm willing to hold a conversation anytime about any band out there. i'm sure you still live with your parents and probably work at papa john's for your 3rd year based on your animated response. immature people make me laugh and i have a million dollars that says you're white. immature, young, white people make me laugh. laugh, i say. i can't believe i wasted my time with you.

Spam
01-17-2007, 10:36 AM
TOOL sucks ass.

HeadBanger
01-17-2007, 10:43 AM
A decent band, but far from the best.

There is no such thing as the best band because everyone's musical tastes differ. I agree, TOOL is a decent band but far, far from the best IMO.

DarkReign
01-17-2007, 12:25 PM
immature people make me laugh and i have a million dollars that says you're white. immature, young, white people make me laugh. laugh, i say. i can't believe i wasted my time with you.

Fuck you, racist prick. You wouldnt be laughing in anyones face if you were actually standing next to them. Quit being an internet tough guy, newb. Someone disgagreed with all your powerful musical knowledge, lets stop the presses and reflect on all your holiness....righteous prick.

Fucking racists. Ignorant fucking racists without the ability to form a decent sentence and compose a paragraph worth of rational thought. Your thoughts skip from one sentence to the other and yet we are all supposed to take you seriously? Because youre a musician, this somehow makes you more qualified to judge which bands are better than another based on nothing except your own opinion?

That is some of the most flawed logic used...ever. Need I go into why, or do you understand the point (racist prick)?

DarkReign
01-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Back OT....

<-- check the avatar.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Fuck you, racist prick. You wouldnt be laughing in anyones face if you were actually standing next to them. Quit being an internet tough guy, newb. Someone disgagreed with all your powerful musical knowledge, lets stop the presses and reflect on all your holiness....righteous prick.

Fucking racists. Ignorant fucking racists without the ability to form a decent sentence and compose a paragraph worth of rational thought. Your thoughts skip from one sentence to the other and yet we are all supposed to take you seriously? Because youre a musician, this somehow makes you more qualified to judge which bands are better than another based on nothing except your own opinion?

That is some of the most flawed logic used...ever. Need I go into why, or do you understand the point (racist prick)?great another dedicated tool fan. remember maynard loves you.

DarkReign
01-17-2007, 12:33 PM
great another dedicated tool fan. remember maynard loves you.

In my entire response, when did I mention Tool? This conversation could have been about any band ever, it has nothing to do with Tool (racist prick).

Reading comprehension. Or do you interpret as well as you compose?

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2007, 12:35 PM
What a racist idiot. from the Pit Bulls thread

This is easy. Most pitbulls are owned by Mexicans. Mexicans are violent and typically have low morals and no sense of human value. They see how their owners act and mimic their behavior. Mexicans love to be on the news so these attacks get twice the coverage.enough said, whitey.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2007, 12:36 PM
maybe you and dark reign should combine forces and make a combined IQ of two.

DarkReign
01-17-2007, 12:37 PM
maybe you and dark reign should combine forces and make a combined IQ of two.

WTF does my response have to do with DRM? Him and I arent "together" in this. I take offense to your racist assumptions. I responded.

Dont lump me in. Is reading new to you?

tlongII
01-17-2007, 12:40 PM
http://www.eurielec.etsit.upm.es/~galdecoa/blog_files/logo.black_label_society.jpg

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.de/artists/BlackLabelSociety/mainpic.jpg

Dude,

Shouldn't you be arresting those guys???

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2007, 12:50 PM
FTFYshow me where i posted that. i at least did, so everyone can check it out. i may write sentences like yoda speaks, but i definitely wouldn't post anything as lame as that. i at least know to put spaces between words.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Has nothing to do with Maynard. It has to do with your 1st grade level of education. You're a waste bandwidth and a pointless member.i was basing that off his avatar. you don't recognize your god? i'm shocked and i can't believe i had to point that out.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2007, 12:55 PM
WTF does my response have to do with DRM? Him and I arent "together" in this. I take offense to your racist assumptions. I responded.

Dont lump me in. Is reading new to you?read my 11:53am post. that and your "racial assumation"

DarkReign
01-17-2007, 01:05 PM
read my 11:53am post. that and your "racial assumation"

Why dont you go ahead and link it for me, not everyone lives in your timezone.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2007, 01:15 PM
you are a fucking complete and total moron. This world has not seen anything as dumb as you. Yoda fucking Yoda are you kidding me.

YOU DIDN'T POST IT YOU FUCKING TARD. FTFY stands for fixed that for ya. Stop now please stop you are making yourself look stupid.ftfy? sorry i spell out my words. i don't write in geek.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Why dont you go ahead and link it for me, not everyone lives in your timezone.6 posts above this one.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2007, 01:46 PM
COWARD nice response to my challenge.wow. you are tough.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2007, 02:29 PM
You lost the arguement. Then you pumped yourself up talking about your job and all the nice things you have. I challenged you and you turned into a gigantic bleeding vagina. No credibility at all. Good job again.your medal will be sent to you in the mail.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2007, 03:06 PM
At least you can admit when you lose. I wish you would have at least tried to make a valid point or arguement. Instead I challenged you and you just folded. You are the New Jersey Nets of posting.hurry i need your address so i can send your medal. you internet debate champion you. i mean you had me pegged at "racial idiot".

Fat Bones
01-17-2007, 03:34 PM
lol...thanks folks.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2007, 04:00 PM
lol...thanks folks.wasn't it?:)

scott
01-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Oh yeah... this shitty concert finally got rescheduled. Now I need to find my tickets.