PDA

View Full Version : Pit Bulls

Pages : [1] 2

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 11:09 PM
I dont' get the fascination with this breed of dog. Why is it that every attack I hear about involves pit bulls? Are the media just hyping them up or are the dogs really just involved in that many incidents? Man, if you owned a pit bull that killed my child, it woudlnt' be pretty.

timvp
01-14-2007, 11:11 PM
[/whotttbait]

Bob Lanier
01-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Buy your kid a pet porcupine.
http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/k/B/porcupine1_sm.jpg

Animal bred to be aggressive (kill!) becomes aggressive (kill kill kill!).

Note: Qyntel Woods could be a long 3.

Fillmoe
01-14-2007, 11:45 PM
it all depends on the owner....

ashbeeigh
01-15-2007, 12:06 AM
It all depends on how they're brought up. Pit Bulls can be some of the sweetest dogs ever. Teacup poodles bite people too. (granted, they don't kill people) My family is a big dog family (Rotweiler, Lab/Rotweiler mix, Golden Reitriver/Black lab Mix) and people that hate on breeds just because they see an ocassional bad news report on the breed is one of my pet peeves.

You honestly cannot punish a dog for having shitty owners.

MannyIsGod
01-15-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm not talking about isolated cases, but it really seems as though Pit Bulls result in more horrific attacks than any other breed. I say seems because I've never really done any research into the fact and looked up actual figures, but everytime I hear "dog attack" on the TV, I assume its a Pit Bull and most of the time its right.

I love dogs, but children are more important.

ashbeeigh
01-15-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm not talking about isolated cases, but it really seems as though Pit Bulls result in more horrific attacks than any other breed. I say seems because I've never really done any research into the fact and looked up actual figures, but everytime I hear "dog attack" on the TV, I assume its a Pit Bull and most of the time its right.

I love dogs, but children are more important.

Do the research before you generalize.

ashbeeigh
01-15-2007, 12:39 AM
As for numbers of attacks : http://www.dogbitelaw.com/Dog%20Attacks%201982%20to%202006%20Clifton.pdf

MannyIsGod
01-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Do the research before you generalize.Bitch, I didn't generalize shit. I asked questions. Learn to read before you characterize.

MannyIsGod
01-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Also, your numbers don't reflect very well at all on Pit Bulls.

Fillmoe
01-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Bitch, I didn't generalize shit. I asked questions. Learn to read before you characterize.

you are learning very fast manny my friend..... always put them in their place first and then proceed to make your point.... it will make the point that much more important........

and thats the end of the lesson for today kids....

ashbeeigh
01-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Also, your numbers don't reflect very well at all on Pit Bulls.

I was just showing you the numbers, since you said you'd never seen them. My first statement was "it depends on how they're raised."

tlongII
01-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Pit Bulls were bred for fighting over many, many generations. They are going to be predisposed to fighting/biting more than any other breed. You don't have to be a genius to understand this. I would never own one of those little freakazoids.

Fillmoe
01-15-2007, 12:52 AM
tlong you have to be a man to control a beast... so you couldnt own one in the first place

Melmart1
01-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Did ASHBEIGH do her research? From her very link:

Pit bulls seem to differ
behaviorally from other dogs in having far less inhibition about attacking
people who are larger than they are. They are also notorious for attacking
seemingly without warning, a tendency exacerbated by the custom of docking
pit bulls' tails so that warning signals are not easily recognized. Thus
the adult victim of a pit bull attack may have had little or no opportunity
to read the warning signals that would avert an attack from any other dog.

MannyIsGod
01-15-2007, 12:53 AM
I was just showing you the numbers, since you said you'd never seen them. My first statement was "it depends on how they're raised."If an animal has a predisposition to a higher rate of violence, then how they are raised may be moot as it will still display a higher rate of attacks.

Fillmoe
01-15-2007, 12:54 AM
okay being serious now....

it all depends on the owner.... if you train someone to kill its gonna kill regardless...... you hardly hear of house pits going crazy on random folks...... its usually trained dogs that have escaped or been let loose......

Melmart1
01-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Did I read those stats right? Ashbeigh, you are trying to defend pit bulls but then post numbers where 1110/2209 attacks in N. America are by Pit Bulls. That is more than half. Of. All. Dog. Attacks.

MannyIsGod
01-15-2007, 12:59 AM
okay being serious now....

it all depends on the owner.... if you train someone to kill its gonna kill regardless...... you hardly hear of house pits going crazy on random folks...... its usually trained dogs that have escaped or been let loose......Yeah, hardly ever.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA011407.01B.pit_bull_folo.305c019.html

ashbeeigh
01-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Manny and Mel:

I myself wouldn't own a pit bull, they do scare the shit out of me. But no animal, in my opinion, as I stated before, should be denied the right to live just because of their "history." I feel for people that have lost loved ones to the animals. I'm not saying they aren't capable. I'm well aware of their ability. I'm fighting the urge to bring pu shit like "The Dog Whisperer" just because y'all will think it's a load of crap, so I'm just going to stop now and watch the Weather Channel.

ashbeeigh
01-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Did I read those stats right? Ashbeigh, you are trying to defend pit bulls but then post numbers where 1110/2209 attacks in N. America are by Pit Bulls. That is more than half. Of. All. Dog. Attacks.

I was defending the stereotype (even if it was wrong, and I will admit it). There's other dogs that attack as well. Manny had never seen any numbers.

Melmart1
01-15-2007, 01:01 AM
From the same link:

For the same reason, it is sheer foolishness to encourage people to
regard pit bull terriers and Rottweilers as just dogs like any other, no
matter how much they may behave like other dogs under ordinary
circumstances.

Pit bulls and Rottweilers are accordingly dogs who not only must be
handled with special precautions, but also must be regulated with special
requirements appropriate to the risk they may pose to the public and other
animals, if they are to be kept at all.

MannyIsGod
01-15-2007, 01:03 AM
I was defending the stereotype (even if it was wrong, and I will admit it). There's other dogs that attack as well. Manny had never seen any numbers.There wasn't much of a stereotype. I said seems and I even qualified my post with the note that I had never seen stats. However, you shouldn't defend stereogypes that the stats back up. Those aren't stereotypes at all.

Fillmoe
Yeah, hardly ever.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA011407.01B.pit_bull_folo.305c019.html

i never said it dont happen.... also i want to point something out of your own article....

Fatal attacks by pit bulls or other dogs are very rare in San Antonio, said Animal Cruelty Investigator Eddie Wright and police spokesman Joe Rios.

"Dog bites occur quite often but something of this nature happens few and far between," Rios said.

PM5K
City Council should ban them, period...

Melmart1
01-15-2007, 01:05 AM
I was defending the stereotype (even if it was wrong, and I will admit it). There's other dogs that attack as well. Manny had never seen any numbers.
He didn't ask if other dogs attack. He asked if they really were involved in so many incidents. You answered his question by presenting evidence that over 50% of all dog attacks in N. America are from Pit Bulls alone. Congrats on trying to defend them. You made them seem worse than even I thought.

MannyIsGod
01-15-2007, 01:05 AM
i never said it dont happen.... also i want to point something out of your own article....The keyword being fatal. According to the numbers Ashbeeigh posted attacks by Pitbulls are far more common than any other dog. I personaly don't think a person should be able to own them in the city. As PM5K said, I think our city council should ban them from being kept within the city limits. Pit Bulls are not normal dogs.

tlongII
01-15-2007, 01:07 AM
Manny and Mel:

I myself wouldn't own a pit bull, they do scare the shit out of me. But no animal, in my opinion, as I stated before, should be denied the right to live just because of their "history." I feel for people that have lost loved ones to the animals. I'm not saying they aren't capable. I'm well aware of their ability. I'm fighting the urge to bring pu shit like "The Dog Whisperer" just because y'all will think it's a load of crap, so I'm just going to stop now and watch the Weather Channel.

"The Dog Whisperer" IS a load of crap. I don't think Pits should be exterminated, but people need to be aware that they are unpredictable. Thinking that it's all just in the way you raise them is too simplistic.

ashbeeigh
01-15-2007, 01:08 AM
Nature and Nurture kids. Nature and Nurture. And oh my god! Holy shit! Ashbeeigh was wrong! :dramaquee

I was raised with a Rotweiler. She was the best family dog ever, all because of the way we raised her.

ashbeeigh
01-15-2007, 01:09 AM
"The Dog Whisperer" IS a load of crap. I don't think Pits should be exterminated, but people need to be aware that they are unpredictable. Thinking that it's all just in the way you raise them is too simplistic.

Yes. As can, all dogs.

Fillmoe
01-15-2007, 01:09 AM
The keyword being fatal. According to the numbers Ashbeeigh posted attacks by Pitbulls are far more common than any other dog. I personaly don't think a person should be able to own them in the city. As PM5K said, I think our city council should ban them from being kept within the city limits. Pit Bulls are not normal dogs.

quick question... do you own a pitbull?

Melmart1
01-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Nature and Nurture kids. Nature and Nurture. And oh my god! Holy shit! Ashbeeigh was wrong! :dramaquee

I was raised with a Rotweiler. She was the best family dog ever, all because of the way we raised her.
Are you ever right? Maybe if you write your pit bull a note, they won't attack you.

MannyIsGod
01-15-2007, 01:11 AM

I was raised with a Rotweiler. She was the best family dog ever, all because of the way we raised her.Its funny that you're telling me not to generalize and not to hold stereotypes but to rather form an opinion based on the research and numbers. If thats the case, then your experience with a specific breed is irrelevant and you shouldn't bring it up in this situation, correct?

Secondly, the breed you bring up is not the breed in question, so that makes it even more irrelevant.

I'm not trying to pile on here because my intent was to really get information on Pit Bulls which you provided, but maybe you should think over what you're posting before you post it.

MannyIsGod
01-15-2007, 01:13 AM
quick question... do you own a pitbull?No, but thats an irrelvent issue. Experiences with one dog do not establish or deny the existance of a trend or predisposition within a breed.

tlongII
01-15-2007, 01:13 AM

Rotties are high-strung, but in my opinion they're not as bad as Pits. Rotweilers were bred to be attack dogs, which obviously means they're capable of doing great harm. However, they were often used for military purposes and were used to discipline. Pits were bread to be fighting dogs. All they were made for was to fight to the death. They have some "crazy mother fucker" genes in them.

Melmart1
01-15-2007, 01:14 AM
I lived with a pit bull in Jersey and though he was fine inside, he couldnt be let outside because he would attack any and all dogs that came near the yard, jumping over fences and even trying to break the fence down. I suffered a few injuries due to this and the whole incident was part of what expedited my return home, because the owner I was living with refused to get rid of him, even though I was the one taking care of him, since I work from home.

Of course, this is just anecdotal, but if you add it to the stats, it kind of all adds up, now doesn't it?

ashbeeigh
01-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Secondly, the breed you bring up is not the breed in question, so that makes it even more irrelevant.

It was brought into question:

Pit bulls and Rottweilers are accordingly dogs who not only must be
handled with special precautions, but also must be regulated with special
requirements appropriate to the risk they may pose to the public and other
animals, if they are to be kept at all.

Melmart1
01-15-2007, 01:15 AM
It was brought into question:
You stupid bitch, it just happened to be in that same paragraph. Don't blame my quote for your dumb ass not being able to stay on topic.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Pits are some of the brightest and sweetest dogs around. It IS how you raise them. And to those who think they are "naturally" aggressive towards humans, you are far from the truth. Pits are naturally aggressive towards other dogs, not humans. This can be traced back to their beginnings. Pits were bred to fight other dogs. If a Pit bit its owner, or anyone else involved in the fight, it was immediately killed. Pits aren't naturally aggressive towards humans, sorry. My old pit was a certified therapy dog I used to bring to work with me. She dealt with Autistic and developmentally disabled kids on a daily basis. They beat the shit out of her, yet she never did anything but show them love. Pits are a product of their owner. Teach them well when they are young, and you'll have no problems. Teach them to be an asshole, you'll have problems. You'd be surprised to learn how many dogs these days make a house uninsurable, the list is long.

Fillmoe
01-15-2007, 01:18 AM
No, but thats an irrelvent issue. Experiences with one dog do not establish or deny the existance of a trend or predisposition within a breed.

pits are predatory but if it wasnt for stupid fucks training them to kill other dogs those numbers wouldnt be as inflated as they are.... they would be high but nowhere near what they are in those stats.... shit look at the rottweiler and not to many ppl fight rotts..... how many times you hear of rott attacks in the news or in the paper?

ashbeeigh
01-15-2007, 01:18 AM
I dont' get the fascination with this breed of dog. Why is it that every attack I hear about involves pit bulls? Are the media just hyping them up or are the dogs really just involved in that many incidents? Man, if you owned a pit bull that killed my child, it woudlnt' be pretty.

So, we answered the question. Most of the media's attention of dog attacks are not skewed to just show pit pulls. In fact, pit bulls do attack more then most dogs.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 01:20 AM
My two attack dogs. :lol

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/DSC00004.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/DSC00056.jpg

tlongII
01-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Pits are some of the brightest and sweetest dogs around. It IS how you raise them. And to those who think they are "naturally" aggressive towards humans, you are far from the truth. Pits are naturally aggressive towards other dogs, not humans. This can be traced back to their beginnings. Pits were bred to fight other dogs. If a Pit bit its owner, or anyone else involved in the fight, it was immediately killed. Pits aren't naturally aggressive towards humans, sorry. My old pit was a certified therapy dog I used to bring to work with me. She dealt with Autistic and developmentally disabled kids on a daily basis. They beat the shit out of her, yet she never did anything but show them love. Pits are a product of their owner. Teach them well when they are young, and you'll have no problems. Teach them to be an asshole, you'll have problems. You'd be surprised to learn how many dogs these days make a house uninsurable, the list is long.

Sorry, but it definitely is NOT all about how you raise them. All pure-bred dogs can be a little wacky and Pits get more wacky than most. If what you said was true we wouldn't see such a disproportionment of attacks being attributed to Pits.

ashbeeigh
01-15-2007, 01:21 AM
You stupid bitch, it just happened to be in that same paragraph. Don't blame my quote for your dumb ass not being able to stay on topic.

Then I misunderstood.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 01:22 AM
how many times you hear of rott attacks in the news or in the paper?That right there is another problem pits face, the media. There are dog attacks every day that go unreported in the news because its not a "pit". Pits are always and only shown to be assholes.

ashbeeigh
01-15-2007, 01:23 AM

:tu That's adorable. The pictures were too.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Sorry, but it definitely is NOT all about how you raise them. All pure-bred dogs can be a little wacky and Pits get more wacky than most. If what you said was true we wouldn't see such a disproportionment of attacks being attributed to Pits.Pure breeds? Do you know how many types of dogs in these attacks are referred to as "pit bulls"?

Spurminator
01-15-2007, 01:24 AM
I have a land mine in my living room. It's harmless as long as you know where to step.

Melmart1
01-15-2007, 01:26 AM
That right there is another problem pits face, the media. There are dog attacks every day that go unreported in the news because its not a "pit". Pits are always and only shown to be assholes.
Though I do agree with this partially, you have to remember that a pit is much stronger than other dogs, so a bite from say a collie is not going to have the same affect as a similar bite from a pit. So the attention is not unwarranted, though arguably over-sensationalized.

MannyIsGod
01-15-2007, 01:26 AM
I have a land mine in my living room. It's harmless as long as you know where to step.:lol

WEll, nothing much left to say.

tlongII
01-15-2007, 01:27 AM
Pure breeds? Do you know how many types of dogs in these attacks are referred to as "pit bulls"?

What is your point? Any pure breed will have a greater chance of having less-desirable genes passed on to its offspring. That is a fact.

MannyIsGod
01-15-2007, 01:28 AM
That right there is another problem pits face, the media. There are dog attacks every day that go unreported in the news because its not a "pit". Pits are always and only shown to be assholes.That was my initial question. Whether or not the media misrepresents them. But according to those numbers, they may hype the attacks more but Pit Bulls do account for a HUGE percentage of the attacks.

Phil Hellmuth
01-15-2007, 01:36 AM
one human life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pitbulls

Fillmoe
01-15-2007, 01:46 AM
one human life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pitbulls

http://www.p0stwh0res.com/images/captainobvious.jpg

PM5K
01-15-2007, 01:49 AM
You know I don't really care why pit bull attacks are disporportionately larger than any other breed of dog, and or result in more serious injuries, all I care about is the children who are killed by them.

If we can I think we should ban them just like Denver did.

And yes, as mentioned they never do attack their owners, which is the most fucked up part, it's always some child that gets killed or mamed...

bigzak25
01-15-2007, 01:50 AM
brad pitt started fight club. coincidence?

PM5K
01-15-2007, 01:53 AM
brad pitt started fight club. coincidence?

You're an idiot, coincidence?

Phil Hellmuth
01-15-2007, 01:53 AM
love the fair treatment fillmoe, keep it consistant with the others plz :lol i was just preaching the choir young son.

bigzak25
01-15-2007, 02:02 AM
You're an idiot, coincidence?

you still pissed at me for not noticing your new figure dollface? :(

mavs>spurs2
01-15-2007, 02:40 AM
A true bred pit bull was bred to fight other dogs, while being so gentle with people that a complete stranger could come in and tend to its wounds while in the ring. Pure bred fighting pit bulls would not bite people, and the few that did were put down. Aggressive pit bulls today are the result of owners that train them to be mean tough guard dogs, or chain them up in the backyard without social interaction with other people. If raised right, pit bulls are great pets. An original fighting pit bull was actually a terrible guard dog because they aren't people aggressive.

Kori Ellis
01-15-2007, 02:49 AM
Almost off topic, about five years ago, my sister-in-law was attacked viciously by the bull mastiff she and my brother owned. It was completely unprovoked and the dog savagely attacked her to the point she need plastic surgery to re-build her ear, and she underwent many surgeries on her head repairing her scalp.

They had bought the dog a couple months prior. She came home from lunch that day to feed the dog. She went in the back yard and yelled for the dog to come in to eat. She approached the dog who was jumping around by the fence. She had the dog's metal dish in her hand (fortunately). The dog full on attacked her head, she fell to the ground on her side and tried covering the side of her head while she fended off the dog by hitting it with the dish. Though it didn't stop him, it probably slowed him down from killing her. He was relentless, she was screaming at the top of her lungs and a neighbor heard and called the police.

When the police arrived, they jumped the back fence and at this point she was still being attacked, lying in a pool of blood, barely conscious and still hitting the dog. The police used a stun gun several times and eventually the dog got off her. (They would have shot it if she wasn't in danger).

She underwent 7 hours of surgery that day to repair her scalp, she had a broken arm and other injuries.

My brother obviously put the dog to sleep - it almost killed his wife. He paid for an autospy to see if the dog had brain damage or something to find out why it went nuts. Nothing physical was wrong.

He called the guy who sold it to him - the guy insisted the dog had never been violent. My brother refused to believe that and did a lot of research and found out the dog had been sent by the guy who sold it to him to an attack school. :shootme

Sorry for the long story but this story is something that really rattles me. When my sister called to tell me, I was so freaked out.

Anyway, that had nothing to do with Pit Bulls.

midgetonadonkey
01-15-2007, 02:51 AM
My Aunt just had her wienie dog mauled by three pit bulls in Mission. She has now started a petition to have them banned in the city.

mavs>spurs2
01-15-2007, 02:55 AM
Almost off topic, about five years ago, my sister-in-law was attacked viciously by the bull mastiff she and my brother owned. My brother refused to believe that and did a lot of research and found out the dog had been sent by the guy who sold it to him to an attack school

I personally own a bullmastiff, and they are some of the most loving family pets you will ever see. Of course, mine wasn't sent to some kind of attack training. They say bullmastiffs are so naturally protective of family that they don't need guard training and this is actually bad for them and can make them too aggressive since they already have natural guarding instincts. This kind of stuff is why I like to raise my dogs from puppies. Sorry to hear about that, the guy must have been a complete moron with know knowledge of the breed to send it to an "attack school." Dogs are just like people, they act the way they are brought up.

Kori Ellis
01-15-2007, 03:04 AM
Sorry to hear about that, the guy must have been a complete moron with know knowledge of the breed to send it to an "attack school." Dogs are just like people, they act the way they are brought up.

Even more of a moron for not telling my brother about it before he sold it to him.. or even when my brother repeatedly asked him when his wife was in the hospital. Complete idiot.

Fillmoe
01-15-2007, 03:14 AM
bull mastiffs are the laziest damn dogs ever.... my cousins has about 2 of them.... and they are some lazy bastards

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 05:09 AM
A true bred pit bull was bred to fight other dogs, while being so gentle with people that a complete stranger could come in and tend to its wounds while in the ring. Pure bred fighting pit bulls would not bite people, and the few that did were put down. Aggressive pit bulls today are the result of owners that train them to be mean tough guard dogs, or chain them up in the backyard without social interaction with other people. If raised right, pit bulls are great pets. An original fighting pit bull was actually a terrible guard dog because they aren't people aggressive.
Bingo.

And this is what people fail to understand. Pitbulls are naturally aggressive towards other dogs, NOT HUMANS. Aggression towards humans is trained.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 05:15 AM
That was my initial question. Whether or not the media misrepresents them. But according to those numbers, they may hype the attacks more but Pit Bulls do account for a HUGE percentage of the attacks.
They are definitely misrepresented by the media. The ONLY attacks that are ever shown are those of pitbulls. I can't recall seeing any news broadcasts of a Labrador attack, yet they do happen. For shits and giggles, google uninsurable dogs. You will be surprised.

TDMVPDPOY
01-15-2007, 05:46 AM
raisin and breeding will not stop a pitbull from attackin a person..........they are killin animals....

timvp
01-15-2007, 05:49 AM
I will not post in this thread until i see whottt's take :hungry:

Clandestino
01-15-2007, 08:54 AM
who gives a fuck about "it's not the dog, etc"

all you have to see if pitts kill more humans than other dogs and that should be enough to ban them. you sound like the fuckers who defend rapists and pedophiles. "it is not his fault, he had a bad childhood"

Sportcamper
01-15-2007, 10:26 AM
In L.A,...Pit Bulls are on “All-States Homeowners banned list”...(For over a decade)....If you own a pit bull & it bites somebody in your own yard...All-State will not pay a dime when you are sued... Chows, Akita's, Rottweiler’s and German Sheppard’s have recently been added to this list...

I have never heard a story about a Golden Retriever or Yellow Lab mauling a child... :lol

johnsmith
01-15-2007, 10:28 AM
This is easy. Most pitbulls are owned by Mexicans. Mexicans are violent and typically have low morals and no sense of human value. They see how their owners act and mimic their behavior. Mexicans love to be on the news so these attacks get twice the coverage.

:lmao :lmao

SpursWoman
01-15-2007, 10:45 AM
This is easy. Most pitbulls are owned by Mexicans. Mexicans are violent and typically have low morals and no sense of human value. They see how their owners act and mimic their behavior. Mexicans love to be on the news so these attacks get twice the coverage.

Oh, man ... :lmao

My ex-husband brought home a pit-bull puppy, and even when she was brand-spanking new that dog hated me. As soon as I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, that dog was gone.

Flash forward a few years when my son was hospitalized when he was 6 months old. There was another little boy about 2 years old in the pediatric ICU with him that had been torn to shreds by a pitbull. It was one of the most horrible things I've ever seen. :(

Spurfect
01-15-2007, 10:56 AM
every time we bring up this topic on another board that I frequent, it turns into an argument because it hits a sore spot for the pit bull owners that post there.
BUT I will always stick to my beliefs that it's NOT about how they are raised. Of course, the ones that are raised to be protectors/fighters/killers are of course going to be attack dogs, BUT, even the ones that are raised by a nice family, domesticated, etc.. in other words, even if the dog is just the "sweetest thing" ever... that dog can turn to.
I have heard sooo many stories about it, in fact I was close to one in Houston, about pits being so sweet and loving and "would never do that", but they just SNAP and turn on either their owner or someone else. the Owners are always so shocked that their dogs attack. Pits just have that instict and they can just turn at any time, they are very unpredictable dogs and in MY opinion they are pretty dangerous to own especially around kids.

Spurminator
01-15-2007, 10:59 AM
If I trained my pug/beagle mix poorly, she'd chew on stuff and shit in the house.

I don't trust all pit bull owners to be good at dog training. Or building fences for that matter.

lebomb
01-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Oh, man ... :lmao

My ex-husband brought home a pit-bull puppy, and even when she was brand-spanking new that dog hated me. As soon as I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, that dog was gone.

Flash forward a few years when my son was hospitalized when he was 6 months old. There was another little boy about 2 years old in the pediatric ICU with him that had been torn to shreds by a pitbull. It was one of the most horrible things I've ever seen. :(

I have a family member with two HUGE male pitbulls. He and his wife have a 3mo. old daughter. Everyone in the family has told him countless times to get rid of the dogs. He refuses and says the dogs are sweet since he raised them correctly.

I have a BAD feeling this is not going to end well. :cry

Spurfect
01-15-2007, 11:12 AM
I have a family member with two HUGE male pitbulls. He and his wife have a 3mo. old daughter. Everyone in the family has told him countless times to get rid of the dogs. He refuses and says the dogs are sweet since he raised them correctly.

I have a BAD feeling this is not going to end well. :cry

that's even WORSE, to have TWO pits. they are pack animals and chances of them attacking are even higher when you've got more than one around.

SpursWoman
01-15-2007, 11:16 AM
I don't know that I would have even minded having the dog ... but even as a puppy she'd growl at me whenever I even got close to my ex. She was super-jealous/protective/possessive of him I guess, I was actually scared of a puppy(!)...because I knew she was going to grow up. And if she got that pissed off at me, what would she do if he were fawning all over a little baby?

He thought she was just the sweetest fucking thing on the planet. :rolleyes

AlamoSpursFan
01-15-2007, 11:20 AM
A couple of unrelated dog points:

1. A friend of mine used to have a Rottweiler that would not harm a hair on any living thing unless and until he got his kill command (which in this case was the word kill in German) and then he'd tear some shit up. I was over at his house one Saturday afternoon when one of his neighbors' doberman was running around. This dog was always getting out and causing problems with my friend's Rottie. He had told this neighbor time and time again that if he didn't control his dog it wouldn't be around much longer, and this time he'd had enough. The dobie picked a fight with my friend's Rott, and he waited until the dobie attacked before giving the command. It was a VERY short dogfight. That Rottweiler sat there and didn't even growl while the dobie attacked him, but when he heard that word it was incredible. One of the most impressive ass-whippings I've ever seen. The doberman survived, but had to be put down. THAT was a well trained dog.

2. Little ASF's weiner dog would never kill anybody, to be sure, but they had to post a Beware Of Dog sign in the driveway because that little fucker will bite the shit out of anyplace on you he can get to. And he wasn't raised that way at all. Plus he'll kill any small furry creatures he can catch (which they were bred to do, so that's not mystery). The cat population around the place has dropped considerably because it's a rare kitten that survives the weiner dog hunting party.

3. You don't hear about it on the news, but ask a vet and they'll more than likely tell you that Cocker Spaniels are not good dogs to have around small children. They don't take much of the shit that little kiddies dish out very well.

AlamoSpursFan
01-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Almost always obedient,

There's a key word in there somewhere, methinks...

:lol

johnsmith
01-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Saying its genetics vs how they are raised is like saying black people steal because thats how they are not how they're raised

:lol :lol

Manny and Melmart are racist.

Shelly
01-15-2007, 11:29 AM
My dog SOUNDS like a pitbull whenever someone rings the doorbell. And I have the shredded curtains to prove it. But all she really wants to do is sniff your crotch.

The UPS guy hates coming to my house. I think he just throws my packages at the front door. The funny thing is, she can hear UPS, Fedex, etc. type trucks a mile away.

This is 'killer'

http://i14.tinypic.com/48w41fq.jpg

lebomb
01-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Whomever says Pitbulls are good dogs and its just the ower.....how about you go out and raise one around you gotdayum kids.

johnsmith
01-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Whomever says Pitbulls are good dogs and its just the ower.....how about you go out and raise one around you gotdayum kids.

Racist.

01Snake
01-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Most of the time these are dogs that are chained to a tree in the backyard of some dump. The dogs are neglected by the owners. You really can't blame the dog all the time.

Sportcamper
01-15-2007, 12:04 PM
ALL...Dogs are pack animals & should be treated with extreme caution... :dramaquee

http://labpups.com/yellow-lab-puppies/yellow-lab-puppies/yellow-lab-puppies-1.jpg

PM5K
01-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Bottom line is that Pit Bulls were bred with other dogs to creat compact and very powerful animals, they were also trained for hundreds of years to attack visciously, and relentlessly, holding on regardless of any injuries they may have, and shaking their heads to create maximum damage against animals that are much, much larger then they are (Bulls).

Every time that we read about attacks, regardless of the reasons (breeding or raising) it's always these traits and characteristics we read about, and it's exactly why they should be banned...

PM5K
01-15-2007, 12:09 PM
I will not post in this thread until i see whottt's take :hungry:

Pussy...

Spurfect
01-15-2007, 12:15 PM
about 5 years ago, I came home from work one day and saw our neighbor's pit bull sittting in our backyard, just looking at me through the sliding glass door.

I looked around for our dog, a 32-lb blue heeler, but did not see him anywhere. Walked around to the side yard (by way of the front yard) and saw our dog laying in the grass. Walked up to him, he was still alive but barely breathing, was looking at me but could not move except for his eyes...
his throat was bitten and he lost a lot of blood. He died about 10 minutes after I got home.

Went back in the house, called the cops and said "our neighbor's pit bull is in our yard and killed our dog". Cops got there quick, as I figured they would.

Cops called animal control, they picked up the dog, and it was put to sleep.
When the cop was talking to me he told me I should have shot the dog.

These neighbors are the definition of "bad neighbors". they hate us and we hate them, even before this happened.

Our replacement dog that we got almost a year ago is a great dane puppy. He just turned 1 year old and is probably over 110 lbs. He's a big baby.

that just made my eyes well up...
that's sooo sad!!!! :(

PM5K
01-15-2007, 12:19 PM
that just made my eyes well up...
that's sooo sad!!!! :(

Me too, oh my God, I need a hug!

Spurfect
01-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Me too, oh my God, I need a hug!

i was imagining it...then imagined it with my own dog
easy way to make me cry :(

PM5K
01-15-2007, 12:22 PM
i was imagining it...then imagined it with my own dog
easy way to make me cry :(

So where's my hug?

lebomb
01-15-2007, 12:25 PM
I would have popped a cap it that pit ass!!!

Spurfect
01-15-2007, 12:25 PM
So where's my hug?

I don't know... find your mom. :lol

PM5K
01-15-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't know... find your mom. :lol

Dayuuum... How bad is it when you can't even get a hug on the internet?

I feel like I've just been attacked by a Pit Bull.....

Spurfect
01-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Dayuuum... How bad is it when you can't even get a hug on the internet?

I feel like I've just been attacked by a Pit Bull.....

I don't know how to give an "e-hug"

johnsmith
01-15-2007, 12:30 PM

It usually starts with answering the following question: "What are you wearing?"

PM5K
01-15-2007, 12:31 PM
This thread did NOT deliver, thanks Manny...

PM5K
01-15-2007, 12:50 PM

You know I USED to love you...

Spurfect
01-15-2007, 12:53 PM
You know I USED to love you...

uhhhh.. then you're really weird, lol

PM5K
01-15-2007, 12:54 PM
uhhhh.. then you're really weird, lol

Well then let's just say that I USED to like you more than your sister...

Spurfect
01-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Well then let's just say that I USED to like you more than your sister...

lol ok.. well, then, you like her more now?
that's cool. she's pretty cool too :tu :)

PM5K
01-15-2007, 01:26 PM
lol ok.. well, then, you like her more now?
that's cool. she's pretty cool too :tu :)

Damnit, no... I still like you more....

Spurfect
01-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Damnit, no... I still like you more....

:lol :lol :lol
it's cool either way. :toast

lebomb
01-15-2007, 01:31 PM
That is the dumbest fucking post ever. I've had my kids around pitbulls and magically they weren't mauled. What a dumbass.

I guess you are too fucking stupid NOT to risk it.

ALVAREZ6
01-15-2007, 01:43 PM
who gives a fuck about "it's not the dog, etc"

all you have to see if pitts kill more humans than other dogs and that should be enough to ban them. you sound like the fuckers who defend rapists and pedophiles. "it is not his fault, he had a bad childhood"
:tu

ALVAREZ6
01-15-2007, 01:45 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DjjcmYwnMiA

what a great owner.

that fat bitch should die, fuck the 6 months in jail.

lebomb
01-15-2007, 02:33 PM
One time I went to the corner store to get some milk. I saw a messican leaning against the pay phone. His 40oz of OE was half gone so I knew trouble was to be had. You guys know messicans were breed for years to withstand extremes in temperature and the effects of alcohol.

I came back out and he looked at me. Very scary I really feared a vicious attack was about to take place since these types of people live in packs too, sometimes 8 and even 12 deep in a single bedroom apartment. I scurried to get into my Geo Metro but I knew I was too late. He was already on the payphone calling the rest of his "dogs". I got out as quick as I could to advert disaster. Later that night I heard that corner store got robbed by a group of hoodlums. I'm sure it was him. You know they're responsible for half of the robberies reported.

STFU.....this BS you just typed shows me just how fuckin stupid you really are.
:ihit

johnsmith
01-15-2007, 02:39 PM
STFU.....this BS you just typed shows me just how fuckin stupid you really are.
:ihit

Nope, sorry, his post was funny.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Not only was mine raised around kids, she was raised around developmentally disabled kids. She was a fucking certified therapy dog. You seriously don't understand the breed at all.

PM5K
01-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Not only was mine raised around kids, she was raised around developmentally disabled kids. She was a fucking certified therapy dog. You seriously don't understand the breed at all.

I understand that if you are going to pick an animal to have around children you should probably not pick the one that's capable of subduing another animal (namely bulls) that are considerably larger than they are by means of a relentless and viscious attack....

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Saying its genetics vs how they are raised is like saying black people steal because thats how they are not how they're raised.

This site is backed by the AKC

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanpitbull.htm

That sly smile, those determined eyes, that unwaning pleasure to please... the mere quality and characteristics of the APBT have evoked more human emotional, rational, and irrational response than any other breed that exists today. By no means are these dogs people-haters or people-eaters. Their natural aggressive tendencies are toward other dogs and animals, not people. However if they are properly socialized they will not even be aggressive with them. These are truly quality companions for quality owners only! The American Pit Bull Terrier is a good-natured, amusing, extremely loyal and affectionate family pet, which is good with children and adults. Almost always obedient, it is always eager to please its master. It is an extremely courageous and intelligent guard dog that is very full of vitality. Highly protective of his owners and the owner's property, it will fight an enemy to the death. It is usually very friendly, but has an uncanny ability to know when it needs to protect and when everything is okay. The American Pit Bull Terrier can be willful and needs a firm hand. They are generally okay with other pets if they are raised with them from puppy hood. For the most part they are very friendly, but not recommended for most people. Excellent with children in the family, they have a high pain tolerance and will happily put up with rough child play. As with any breed, they should not be left alone with unfamiliar children. Originally used as fighting dogs, the powerful American Pit Bull may go for the throat of strange dogs. A minimum of training will produce a tranquil, obedient dog. Socialize very thoroughly when young to combat aggressive tendencies and be sure to keep the dog under control when other dogs are present. It has given outstanding results as a guardian of property, but is at the same time esteemed as a companion dog. When properly trained and socialized, this is a very good dog and a great family companion. Unfortunately, some choose to promote the fighting instinct in the breed, giving it a bad name.

I find it telling that all the Pit haters in here conveniently skipped over this post.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 03:53 PM
I understand that if you are going to pick an animal to have around children you should probably not pick the one that's capable of subduing another animal (namely bulls) that are considerably larger than they are by means of a relentless and viscious attack....

I've sat in my house and watched an 8 year old retarded kid proceed to beat the shit out of my dog with a wiffleball bat. He hit her on the head repeatedly, and not only did she not attack, but she seemed to think it was a game. Pits high pain tolerances prove to be very advantageous when it comes to dealing with shit little kids dish out. I'd like to see how a Cocker Spaniel or Lab would deal with that kind of treatment.

And again, you seem to keep forgetting this is a certified therapy dog.

PM5K
01-15-2007, 03:53 PM
I find it telling that all the Pit haters in here conveniently skipped over this post.

It's been skipped over because opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one...

For every study that says that I can find one that says otherwise, or I can find a case of a baby that was mauled by a pit that the family had owned since it was eight weeks old, and whom had always treated it right.

Bottom line is that because of the way they were bred and trained for hundreds of years, they can be very capable killing machines, and I don't think they are worth the risk, regardless of how high or low you think that risk is...

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 03:57 PM
It's been skipped over because opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one...

For every study that says that I can find one that says otherwise, or I can find a case of a baby that was mauled by a pit that the family had owned since it was eight weeks old, and whom had always treated it right.

Bottom line is that because of the way they were bred and trained for hundreds of years, they can be very capable killing machines, and I don't think they are worth the risk, regardless of how high or low you think that risk is...

This doesn't look to be a study. It is just breed info. And please, do me a favor and find me a study that says Pitbulls are "naturally" aggressive towards humans.

I'm not arguing that they aren't capable killing machines, which they are. I'm arguing the point that if raised properly, no problems will arise from them, just like any other dog.

Melmart1
01-15-2007, 03:57 PM
I didn't skip over it, but why bother when your mind is made up? It says "properly socialized".. wtf is that? I don't know and I bet half of all pit owners don't know, either. For that reason, there should be restrictions on them. A pit in the hands of a "bad owner" who really may be a good owner but just clueless, is a potential danger to EVERYONE around them.

There are laws regarding humans that are a danger to others. Certain people can't own a gun in this country because they are considered a potential danger to others. Certain people can't have a driver's license because they are a potential danger to others. But don't restrict dogs that might be a potential danger!

Melmart1
01-15-2007, 03:58 PM

That's the point.. your dog is HIGHLY trained. You think all pits are that way?

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 04:00 PM
I didn't skip over it, but why bother when your mind is made up? It says "properly socialized".. wtf is that? I don't know and I bet half of all pit owners don't know, either.Your reading comprehension needs work. When they mention "properly socialized", they are referring to the fact that Pits can be aggressive towards other dogs if not properly socialized when younger.

No where does it say they need to be properly socialized to avoid human attacks.
:dramaquee

Melmart1
01-15-2007, 04:01 PM
And yet somehow.. they still attack humans. Not just bite, but all-out attacks.

PM5K
01-15-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm arguing the point that if raised properly, no problems will arise from them, just like any other dog.

I don't believe that, Google Pit Bull Attack and you'll find stories that support the fact that Pit Bulls sometimes just attack for no apparent reason.

Yes sometimes they attack because they have poor owners as well of course...

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 04:02 PM
That's the point.. your dog is HIGHLY trained. You think all pits are that way?No, I don't think many dogs are this trained.

Melmart1
01-15-2007, 04:03 PM
No, I don't think many dogs are this trained.
Then couldn't it logically follow that dogs with a GENETIC predisposition for hostility and attack, when not properly trained against those tendencies, could potentially be a danger?

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 04:05 PM
And yet somehow.. they still attack humans. Not just bite, but all-out attacks.
Many dogs attack humans, it just so happens that pits more damage. I'm not here saying all pits are safe, loving dogs. I'm just here trying to let some of you pit haters know that there are many gentle, loving pits out there, you just don't hear about them through the media. Not everyone knows how to raise a Pit, and therein lies the danger.

King
01-15-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm sure there are many pits that are the sweetest things - kudos to the owners, you got a good one. It doesn't change the fact that half of all dog attacks to humans are caused by pits. Are they ALL because of irresponsible owners?

Are pits the only breed of dog that is raised irresponsibly? Why don't these other dogs snap as much as pits do? I mean, if all dogs are equal and predisposed to it - why are half of the dog attacks from pits?

And with the argument that they're 'only naturally aggressive towards other animals..' So what? Is that not enough to consider them time bombs? Forget that they're mauling people -- is mauling other pets justifiable? They should be banned for that reason. They should be put down for that reason.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Then couldn't it logically follow that dogs with a GENETIC predisposition for hostility and attack, when not properly trained against those tendencies, could potentially be a danger?Genetic disposition to attack other dogs. DOGS, not humans. Again, this can be traced back to their fighting days. I already mentioned this before, and so have others. These dogs were immediately killed if they ever bit the hand of a human while in the dog pit. Years and years of this led to them being non-aggressive towards humans, and actually very loving.

johnsmith
01-15-2007, 04:08 PM
I didn't skip over it, but why bother when your mind is made up?

So why do you continue to argue then?

Melmart1
01-15-2007, 04:11 PM
So why do you continue to argue then?
Because I don't totally disagree with him

Why do you continue your drive-by bombs in this thread that add nothing?

johnsmith
01-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Why do you continue your drive-by bombs in this thread that add nothing?

Because they make me laugh when they merit a response from people like you.

And I'll have you know that they are short "drive-by's" because clearly I lack the attention span to post anything of any substance.

PM5K
01-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Because they make me laugh when they merit a response from people like you.

And I'll have you know that they are short "drive-by's" because clearly I lack the attention span to post anything of any substance.

Clearly...

johnsmith
01-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Clearly...

See, that made me laugh. Not out loud though, it was more of an internal chuckle. In fact, while it didn't cause me to crack a smile, internally, I was sort of doing the "haw haw" type of a laugh.

So see, that's why I've been doing it.

Oh, and it's nurture over nature in my opinion..........then again, I'm the type of person that would rather see a person get hit by a car rather then a dog.

PM5K
01-15-2007, 04:24 PM
I usually agree with Melmart mainly because she has big tits.

L O L

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Are pits the only breed of dog that is raised irresponsibly? Why don't these other dogs snap as much as pits do? I mean, if all dogs are equal and predisposed to it - why are half of the dog attacks from pits?

I wanted to see what I could dig up regarding the percentages of attacks and bites by certain dogs and found some interesting stuff.

http://www.fataldogattacks.com/

Today’s media is filled with sensational headlines of dog attacks. Routinely quoted in these newspaper accounts are dated statistics from the Centers for Disease Control. The last CDC study released documented which breeds of dogs caused the most human fatalities from 1979 through 1998. While the CDC did an admirable job of studying fatal dog attacks, and went to great lengths to point out that irresponsible owners were the cause of most of these incidents, the media and lawmakers continue to use CDC statistics to substantiate claims that certain breeds of dogs are inherently more "vicious" than other breeds.

The result of sensationalizing individual incidents of severe or fatal dog attacks, included with the use of unexamined statistical "evidence" has created an unfortunate and inaccurate public and political perception as to the dangerousness and predictability of certain breeds of dogs. Despite enormous public and political interest in fatal dog attacks, there is no agency or organization that does investigative work (with the exception of this study) into each of the individual cases of fatal dog attacks and records the number and circumstances of fatal dog attacks on a continuous, yearly basis.

This study is conducted in an attempt to understand the human and canine behaviors that contribute to a fatal dog attack. Only in understanding the events and circumstances surrounding these incidents can we hope to prevent future tragedies.

STUDY FINDINGS:
After reviewing over 431 cases of fatal dog attacks it is apparent there is no single factor that translates in a lethal encounter between a person and a dog(s). A fatal dog attack is always the culmination of past and present events that include: inherited and learned behaviors, genetics, breeding, socialization, function of the dog, physical condition and size of the dog, reproductive status of dog, popularity of breed, individual temperament, environmental stresses, owner responsibility, victim behavior, victim size and physical condition, timing and misfortune.

While many circumstances may contribute to a fatal dog attack, the following three factors appear to play a critical role in the display of canine aggression towards humans;

1. Function of the dog - (Includes: dogs acquired for fighting, guarding/protection or image enhancement)

2. Owner responsibility - (Includes: dogs allowed to roam loose, chained dogs, dogs and/or children left unsupervised, dogs permitted or encouraged to behave aggressively, animal neglect and/or abuse)

3. Reproductive status of dog - (Includes: unaltered males dogs, bitches with puppies, children coming between male dog and female dog in estrus)

It is necessary to emphasize that a fatal dog attack is an exceptionally unusual event. Approximating 20 deaths per year in a dog population of 53 million yields an infinitesimal percent of the dog population (.0000004%) involved in a human fatality.

THE BREED FACTOR
Many communities and cities believe that the solution to prevent severe and fatal dog attacks is to label, restrict or ban certain breeds of dogs as potentially dangerous. If the breed of dog was the primary or sole determining factor in a fatal dog attack, it would necessarily stand to reason that since there are literally millions of Rottweilers, Pit Bulls and German Shepherd Dogs in the United States, there would have to be countless more than an approximate 20 human fatalities per year.

Since only an infinitesimal number of any breed is implicated in a human fatality, it is not only unreasonable to characterize this as a specific breed behavior by which judge an entire population of dogs, it also does little to prevent fatal or severe dog attacks as the real causes and events that contribute to a fatal attack are masked by the issue of breed and not seriously addressed.

Pit Bulls in particular have been in a firestorm of bad publicity, and throughout the country Pit Bulls often bear the brunt of breed specific legislation. One severe or fatal attack can result in either restrictions or outright banning of this breed (and other breeds) in a community. While any severe or fatal attack on a person is tragic, there is often a tragic loss of perspective as to degree of dangerousness associated with this breed in reaction to a fatality. Virtually any breed of dog can be implicated in a human fatality.

From 1965 - 2001, there have been at least 36 different breeds/types of dog that have been involved in a fatal attack in the United States. (This number rises to at least 52 breeds/types when surveying fatal attacks worldwide). We are increasingly becoming a society that has less and less tolerance and understanding of natural canine behaviors. Breed specific behaviors that have been respected and selected for over the centuries are now often viewed as unnatural or dangerous. Dogs have throughout the centuries served as protectors and guardians of our property, possessions and families. Dogs have also been used for thousands of years to track, chase and hunt both large and small animals. These natural and selected-for canine behaviors seem to now eliciting fear, shock and a sense of distrust among many people.

There seems to be an ever growing expectation of a "behaviorally homogenized" dog - "Benji" in the shape of a Rottweiler. Breeds of dogs with greater protection instincts or an elevated prey-drive are often unfairly viewed as "aggressive or dangerous". No breed of dog is inherently vicious, as all breeds of dogs were created and are maintained exclusively to serve and co-exist with humans. The problem exists not within the breed of dog, but rather within the owners that fail to control, supervise, maintain and properly train the breed of dog they choose to keep.

CANINE AGGRESSION - AN OVERVIEW
It is important to emphasize that dogs bite today for the same reasons that they did one hundred or one thousand years ago. Dogs are no more dangerous today than they were a century or millennium ago. They only difference is a shift in human perception of what is and is not natural canine behavior and/or aggression and the breed of dog involved.

Examination of newspaper archival records dating back to the 1950’s and 1960’s reveal the same types of severe and fatal attacks occurring then as today. The only difference is the breed of dog responsible for these events. A random study of 74 severe and fatal attacks reported in the Evening Bulletin (Philadelphia, PA) from 1964-1968, show no severe or fatal attacks by Rottweilers and only one attack attributed to a Pit-Bull-type dog. The dogs involved in most of these incidents were the breeds that were popular at the time.

Over two thousand years ago, Plato extolled a basic understanding of canine behavior when he wrote "the disposition of noble dogs is to be gentle with people they know and the opposite with those they don’t know...." Recently, this fundamental principal of canine behavior seems to elude many people as parents allow their children to be unsupervised with unfamiliar dogs and lawmakers clamor to declare certain dogs as dangerous in response to an attack.

Any dog, regardless of breed, is only as dangerous as his/her owner allows it to be.

Addressing the issue of severe and fatal dog attacks as a breed specific problem is akin to treating the symptom and not the disease. Severe and fatal attacks will continue until we come to the realization that allowing a toddler to wander off to a chained dog is more of a critical factor in a fatal dog attack than which breed of dog is at the end of the chain.

Only when we become more knowledgeable, humane and responsible in our treatment of dogs can we hope to prevent future tragedies.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 04:47 PM
It doesn't change the fact that half of all dog attacks to humans are caused by pits.

THE STATISTICS - FATAL DOG ATTACKS IN THE U.S. FROM 1965 - 2001 *

The study covers 431 documented human fatalities from a dog attack.

Location of Attack
25% of all fatal attacks were inflicted by chained dogs
25% resulted from dogs loose in their yard
23% occurred inside the home
17% resulted from attacks by dogs roaming off their property
10% involved leashed dogs or miscellaneous circumstances

Number of Dogs
68% of all fatal attacks were inflicted by a single dog
32% was the result of a multiple dog attack

Victim Profile
79% of all fatal attacks were on children under the age of 12
12% of the victims were the elderly, aged 65 - 94
9% of the victims were 13 - 64 years old

The age group with the highest number of fatalities were children under the age of 1 year old; accounting for 19% of the deaths due to dog attack. Over 95% of these fatalities occurred when an infant was left unsupervised with a dog(s).

The age group with the second-highest number of fatalities were 2-year-olds; accounting for 11% of the fatalities due to dog attack. Over 87% of these fatalities occurred when the 2-year-old child was left unsupervised with a dog(s) or the child wandered off to the location of the dog(s).

Boys aged 1 - 12 years old were 2.5 times more likely to be the victim of a fatal dog attack than girls of the same age.

Breeds Involved
Pit Bull and Pit-bull-type dogs (21%), Mixed breed dogs (16%),
Rottweilers (13%), German Shepherd Dogs (9%), Wolf Dogs (5%),
Siberian Huskies (5%), Malamutes (4%), Great Danes (3%),
St. Bernards (3%), Chow Chows (3%), Doberman Pinschers (3%),
other breeds & non-specified breeds (15%).

Reproductive Status of Dogs
Overwhelmingly, the dogs involved in fatal dog attacks were unaltered males.
From 2000-2001 there were 41 fatal dog attacks. Of these, 28 were attacks by a single dog and 13 fatalities were caused by multiple dogs.

Of the 28 single dogs responsible for a fatal attack between 2000-2001;
26 were males and 2 were females. Of the 26 males, 21 were found to be intact (the reproductive status of the remaining 5 males dogs could not be determined).

States with the Most Fatalities - 1965-2001
California, 47; Texas, 32; Alaska, 26; Florida, 22; New York, 19; Michigan, 18; Illinois, 18; North Carolina, 17; Georgia, 16.

While at times informative, statistics on fatal dog attacks can also be misleading. For example, a number of cases were a Pit Bull, Rottweiler or GSD were counted as causing a human fatality were in reality the direct result of gross human negligence or criminal intent (i.e. discarding a newborn in the yard where the dogs were kept, or cases of extremely emaciated animals, or cases were the dog was ordered or encouraged to attack the victim).

This study was conducted not to determine which breeds of dogs caused fatalities, but rather to examine the circumstances and events that precipitated an attack. Knowing how many Pit Bulls or Rottweilers caused a human fatality has little applicable value, only when examining each case individually can we hope to gain insight into the HUMAN and CANINE behaviors that contributed to these tragic events.

Melmart1
01-15-2007, 04:57 PM
But that only explains fatalities. What about attacks where the victim doesn't die, but surely is maimed for life, paralyzed, has a physical handicap as a result- are those not severe enough to warrant consideration?

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 05:03 PM
But that only explains fatalities. What about attacks where the victim doesn't die, but surely is maimed for life, paralyzed, has a physical handicap as a result- are those not severe enough to warrant consideration?If I could find them, I'd post them.

King's stating the half of all attacks are by pitbulls is false. I'm just looking for actual statistics to prove it.

What this study does point out very clearly is that no dog is naturally violent.

"No breed of dog is inherently vicious, as all breeds of dogs were created and are maintained exclusively to serve and co-exist with humans. The problem exists not within the breed of dog, but rather within the owners that fail to control, supervise, maintain and properly train the breed of dog they choose to keep."

This was the whole point I've been trying to make. Many of you think that Pits are naturally aggressive towards humans and you are flat out wrong.

johnsmith
01-15-2007, 05:04 PM
But that only explains fatalities. What about attacks where the victim doesn't die, but surely is maimed for life, paralyzed, has a physical handicap as a result- are those not severe enough to warrant consideration?

:rolleyes I would imagine the numbers are similar.

King
01-15-2007, 05:06 PM
I haven't researched it, I was going off the stat that was posted earlier in the thread.

But still - say pitbulls are only naturally aggressive towards other dogs/animals - You don't see a problem with that?

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 05:09 PM
American Temperament Test Society, Inc. (ATTS) breed statistics as of December 2005 show an 83.5% passing rate for the American Pit Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Terrier, as compared to an 81.2% average pass rate for all dog breeds.

johnsmith
01-15-2007, 05:12 PM
American Temperament Test Society, Inc. (ATTS) breed statistics as of December 2005 show an 83.5% passing rate for the American Pit Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Terrier, as compared to an 81.2% average pass rate for all dog breeds.

In that case, 18.8% of all dogs should be banned.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 05:12 PM
But still - say pitbulls are only naturally aggressive towards other dogs/animals - You don't see a problem with that?Don't let your Chihuahua loose in my yard and we don't have a problem right? To answer your question seriously, no, I don't see that as a problem that would require a certain breed of dog to be banned. Should a person with an untrained/unsocialized pitbull take their dog to a public dog park and let it run wild? Of course not. But what is wrong with keeping this dog in a secure yard and restrained when on walks?

johnsmith
01-15-2007, 05:14 PM
I just noticed the only three viewing this thread are the ones that aren't for banning pit bulls.

WE WIN

johnsmith
01-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Nevermind, King showed up.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Out of the 17 dogs who have earned UKC "superdog" status (by gaining championship titles in conformation, obedience, agility, and weightpull), nine have been pit bulls.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 05:28 PM
http://www.understand-a-bull.com/HeroicPitties/HeroicPitties.htm

How come the news never publishes these stories?

leemajors
01-15-2007, 06:26 PM
i would say a pit bull problem is almost always an owner problem. my brother's dog, a brittany spaniel/lab mix, got attacked by a pit bull in the park about 5 years ago. the pit bull was off the leash, owned by a sorority girl who watched and screamed as her dog latched onto my brother's dog's throat. my brother didn't know about the tail yank trick to make them let go and almost broke the pit bull's ribs kicking it. you can't really blame the dog entirely for something like that, it's the owner that has no idea how to control or understand how the dog may react in certain situations. i'm no huge fan of the breed, but i'm sure there are plenty of non-violent pit bulls out there.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-15-2007, 06:49 PM
My girlfriends friend had a pitbull puppy and we took care of it for a while, it was the biggest pussy dog i'd seen in a long time. I was afraid to yell at it too much for fear it would piss on my carpet. I refrained from beating the shit out of it cuz of the stigma of it being mean as an adult, but i could not see this dog going awol as an adult because it was such a baby.

Later, the owner's apartment manager saw the dog and told her that pit bulls were not allowed in the complex.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 09:01 PM
My girlfriends friend had a pitbull puppy and we took care of it for a while, it was the biggest pussy dog i'd seen in a long time. I was afraid to yell at it too much for fear it would piss on my carpet. I can just stare at my brindle one and she'll pee. She is quite the puss.

tlongII
01-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Given the above info, why are so many pit bull owners IDIOTS? Are pit bulls more inclined to have idiot owners than other breeds? IMO, this is enough to legislate restrictions on these animals. Pits are dangerous animals.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Given the above info, why are so many pit bull owners IDIOTS? Are pit bulls more inclined to have idiot owners than other breeds?Yes, Pitbulls are more inclined to have idiot owners. Many people get these dogs to boost their machismo factor, and these same people are a lot of the times uneducated gang bangers, or people along those lines.

If restrictions are put on these dogs, these same idiots will just move on to another dog breed and the problems will still be the same. It has everything to do with the owner. If you look at the cities that have banned Pitbulls, you'll notice something interesting, dog bites/attacks have not gone down.

tlongII
01-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Yes, Pitbulls are more inclined to have idiot owners. Many people get these dogs to boost their machismo factor, and these same people are a lot of the times uneducated gang bangers, or people along those lines.

If restrictions are put on these dogs, these same idiots will just move on to another dog breed and the problems will still be the same. It has everything to do with the owner. If you look at the cities that have banned Pitbulls, you'll notice something interesting, dog bites/attacks have not gone down.

Link?

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Link?I'm searching for it. I came across it earlier today while doing a bit of research. I'll post it if I find it, in the meantime take this little test.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

Imagine all of the reported attacks by people claiming the dog was a Pitbull, when in fact they don't even know how to properly identify one.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Cases of mistaken identity:

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/BSL/MistakenIdentity/WrongId.htm

Here is my favorite.

"Another case of mistaken identity. Headlines after fatal attack "Pit bull kills baby", The TRUE story, it was an American Bulldog that killed the child. The families American Pit Bull Terrier, attempted to save the child by attacking the other dog in an attempt to get her to release the child according to the parent."

Guru of Nothing
01-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Yes, Pitbulls are more inclined to have idiot owners.

If restrictions are put on these dogs, these same idiots will just move on to another dog breed and the problems will still be the same. It has everything to do with the owner.

But said idiots control the DNA of these dogs.

To base your opinions solely on the actions of owners while totally dismissing the effects of breeders is short-sighted, to say the least

TLong put it best - Pit Bulls have some "crazy mother fucker" genes.

... and now for something completely different - how do you label a dog as a Pit Bull? Green card? Doggie profiling?

Digressing - I adopted a dog at the annual pet adoption drive at (that place on Nacodoches Rd., forget the name) back in 94-ish. ALLEGEDLY, she was half German Shepard, half Boxer. I could see the Shepard, but the pit bull was unmistakable - eyes and jaws were dead giveaways. I loved her to death, Gerty was her name, but once I had a child, she had to go back. I could instinctively look in her eyes and know she had no place around my child. It was purely a DNA matter; no way my dog-owner skills could override her demeanor.

Digressing, Part II - she was ripped. 80 pounds of muscle (with 2% bodyfat), and fast! She would catch and kill squirrels in the back yard, often. She could bench 315 easily!

Digressing Part III - Eff the animal adoption place. Once I returned Gerty, I was placed on their blacklist and could not adopt a more child-friendly dog.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 11:02 PM
TLong put it best - Pit Bulls have some "crazy mother fucker" genes.
Put it best? Or put it wrong?

==============================================
http://www.understand-a-bull.com/PitbullInformation/Urbanlegends.htm

(From ACF) There is no scientific proof that Pit Bull’s, or any other breed of dog is dangerous. Since when has scientific proof for baseless allegations ever been important, right Guru?The Foundation's collective experience and research has found the American Pit Bull Terrier is a "terrier." All terriers have animal prey
drive, but this does not make them dangerous or vicious. The Pit Bull type dog comes from Europe and evolved from some Mastiff based breed such as with some Bulldog blood either in a pure form or to a variation of any of the many terrier and hound groups beginning with the now extinct Black and Tans Terriers and Olde English White Terriers. English and Irish immigrants imported the dogs. Unfortunately, it was discovered in the late 1800's that if trained, the dogs could be used in the inhumane sport of dog fighting. Due to federal laws passed in the 1970's prohibiting dog
fighting fewer dogs are now trained for the illegal sport.

The American Pit Bull Terrier is shown in the American Kennel Club
(AmStaff), United Kennel Club, American Dog Breeders Association, Canadian Kennel Club, and the American Rare Breed Association . The American Pit Bull Terrier is shown in the conformation and obedience ring. This breed competes in weight pull events in the ADBA, UKC and International Weight Pulling Association. The American Temperament Test Society (POBox 4093, St Louis, and MO 63136 Phone 314-869-6103, in the 24 years of testing over 185 breeds of dog, rates the Pit Bull at 83.1%. This is higher than the national average for all other breeds of dog. This means the Pit Bull has the best overall temperament. So a dog with "crazy motherfucking genes" happens to beat out every other breed of dogs when it comes to which one has the best temperament? Again, crazy motherfucking genes?.The American Pit Bull Terrier also rates high in the
Canine Good Citizens Test. The Pit Bull is used for Search and Rescue and as
a Therapy dog. Our Foundation uses them along with other breeds for bite
prevention and responsible ownership classes in the Washington School
Districts. Two US Presidents owned Pit Bulls and countless famous people
own them. In our country more families own the Pit Bull than any other dog
breed in existence. (WAFAmicus Alabama 2002)

From American Canine Foundation:
Since 1936 there have been an estimated 4.8 million registered American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers that have been selective bred for companionship and conformation dog shows. These dogs are not bred for dog fighting and HSUS estimates 200,000 thousands Pit Bulls are used for illegal activity. There is no proof that the 4.8 million APBT's are included in this figure, because the registries AKC/UKC/ADBA that register these dogs prohibit illegal dog fighting. If it could be proved that any of the registered APBT's were involved in illegal activity, it would be less than 4 percent out of 4.8 million. There is an estimated 52 million dogs in the United States and the American Pit Bull Terrier takes up 9.6 percent of the dog population and that does not count unregistered ones. There is no such dog called a Pit Bull Type Dog, it would be a mix breed. (ACF2003)

Hmmmm...........Tlong's opinion or a Dr.'s expert opinion on canine behavior? That's a tough one Guru.
Dr. Cornelia Wagner DVM, an expert on canine behavior from the University of Wisconsin, states: BLAMING THE GENETIC MAKEUP OF THE DOG IS WRONG. (Fedderson-Peterson, D.U.(2001) Zur Biologie des aggression des Hundes, Disch Tierarzil, Wschr 108 (3),94-101, environmental and learning effects are always stronger than genetic influence. Although certain dog breeds such as the Rottweiler and American Pit Bull Terrier have the reputation of having stronger jaws than other breeds, valuable scientific studies showing significant differences in jaw strength among breeds does not exist. In summary, the classification of dog breeds with respect to their relative danger to humans makes no sense, as both the complex antecedent conditions in which aggressive behavior occurs, and its ramifying consequences in the individual dog's ecological and social environment are not considered."

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 11:07 PM
ALLEGEDLY, she was half German Shepard, half Boxer. I could see the Shepard, but the pit bull was unmistakable - eyes and jaws were dead giveaways.

Dead giveaways? See if you can find the pit here on your first, second, or third try.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Here's another game.
http://members.aol.com/radogz/find.html

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 11:12 PM
http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Findthebull/findpitbull_v3.html

Fillmoe
01-15-2007, 11:13 PM
fuck a pitbull..... i just bought a pet jaguar..... who wanna fuck with that? the ebay sender said it should reach my house within 2-3 weeks.....

katyon6th
01-15-2007, 11:17 PM
How much was your winning bid?????

Fillmoe
01-15-2007, 11:19 PM
a cool 2 gs..........

Guru of Nothing
01-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Put it best? Or put it wrong?

Don't Bleed on Me

Guru of Nothing
01-15-2007, 11:44 PM
http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Findthebull/findpitbull_v3.html

Did your eyes flicker with sleep while reading my post?

Lemme finish perusing the content at understand-a-wolf.com and I will get back to you.

If only there were an understand-a-bitch.com web site, I might still be married.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Rotties are high-strung, but in my opinion they're not as bad as Pits. Rotweilers were bred to be attack dogs, which obviously means they're capable of doing great harm. However, they were often used for military purposes and were used to discipline. Pits were bread to be fighting dogs. All they were made for was to fight to the death. They have some "crazy mother fucker" genes in them.
I had to quote this one more time just to point out how wrong you are. Pits were bred to be fighting dogs, we all know this. Over the course of the hundred or so years they were bred for fighting, any Pit that bit the hand of an owner or referee was immediately killed. The whole point of this was so that when the fight needed to be broken up, the owners and referees didn't have to be afraid of getting bitten. These same dogs that fought were also kept by the owners in their houses with their families. Human aggressiveness was bred out of the dog. This is actually why Pits are also lousy guard dogs (unless trained), a common saying among Pit owners is "a Pits never met a stranger".

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2007, 11:57 PM
I dont' get the fascination with this breed of dog. Why is it that every attack I hear about involves pit bulls? Are the media just hyping them up or are the dogs really just involved in that many incidents? Back to your original question Manny, yes, the media hypes them up. And with the information I've provided, not only can you see they are hyped up, but also largely misidentified. The American Pit Bull Terrier has been unfairly represented in the publics eyes.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/DSC00056.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/DSC00004.jpg

Fillmoe
01-16-2007, 12:04 AM
wait til i take pictures of my jaguar and post them shits in a few weeks.... dudes is gonna be so dam mad.....

mavs>spurs2
01-16-2007, 02:13 AM
You people make me sick....bunch of uninformed dumbasses.

Fillmoe
01-16-2007, 02:15 AM
i bet you wont say that shit when you see me walking my jaguar

midgetonadonkey
01-16-2007, 02:16 AM
I put gold teeth on my pits.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 02:18 AM
The American Pit Bull Terrier has been unfairly represented in the publics eyes.
And to those who disagree with me, keep silent or I'll unleash the wrath of my Pit Bulls on you.

Melmart1
01-16-2007, 02:30 AM
I am watching a rerun of the 10pm news and Bexar County Deputies had to shoot and kill a pit bull mix for attacking a man, and that they only shot him because he was still trying to attack him, even after they were separated. Funny that this shit happened today right here.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 02:34 AM
I am watching a rerun of the 10pm news and Bexar County Deputies had to shoot and kill a pit bull mix for attacking a man, and that they only shot him because he was still trying to attack him, even after they were separated. Funny that this shit happened today right here.

We are not talking about a Pit Bull mix, we are talking about American Pit Bull Terriers. And what exactly is a Pit Bull mix?

And again, take a look at the link I posted of all the times they are misidentified. I'm guessing you couldn't pick out a pit bull from the 20 other breeds they are mistaken for. Go ahead, take the test, click on the link.

Melmart1
01-16-2007, 02:36 AM
Is that what we are talking about, or is that what YOU are talking about because it skews the stats a little more in your favor? Pit Bull mix probably means just like what it sounds- a mix of a pb and some other dog. I am not using this incident as proof of anything, just saying its funny that a dog that is partial pit bull ended up mauling a man today here in SA.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Is that what we are talking about, or is that what YOU are talking about because it skews the stats a little more in your favor? Pit Bull mix probably means just like what it sounds- a mix of a pb and some other dog. I am not using this incident as proof of anything, just saying its funny that a dog that is partial pit bull ended up mauling a man today here in SA.
This entire time I've been talking about American Pit Bull Terriers. And what proof do they have this is a Pit Bull mix anyways? Because it looks like one? Well guess what, there are numerous Terrier breeds that can look like a Pit, and not even be close to one. And why didn't they name the other part of the mix the dog was? Was it a Pit/Lab mix? A Pit/Poodle mix? A Pit/Chihuahua mix? If they were so sure it was half pit, how come they can't identify the other half? Anytime a dog resembles a Pit and it has something to do with an attack, they label the dog a pit.

Need some further proof?

"Kansas City, MO March 6, 2006 Headlines on the news report "Pit Bull attacks 12 yr old". However the dog pictured being captured isn't a pit bull, nor does it appear to be a pit mix. After complaints to the News station regarding the breed id and using the term Pit Bull, what did they do? They removed the picture of the dog and left it as a pit bull attacks story"

"December 2005, Detroit. There was a 91yr old woman that appears to have been killed by her dog. Initial reports of course indicate it's a pit bull, a report the next morning identifies the dog as a Bull Mastiff, and yet another says it's a possible pit bull / American Bulldog mix. Then end result, it's a 90lb mixed breed dog, end of story. If you don't know the breed, don't write it."

"December 2005 - New York; Article indicates the officer was attacked by a Pit Bull, yet the picture of the dog being led aware is not a pit bull."

" Indiana (September 2005) American Bulldog attacks child it was initialy reported by press as pit bull attack."

"North Towanda, NY (October 2005)- This attack was initially reported as Pit bulls. The dogs were later correctly identified as a Lab Mix and a Mastiff Mix."

"So it happens yet again. In Saginaw Michigan (August 2005). A couple of dogs entered a petting zoo and killed some animals and wounded several others. The two dogs were identified as "pit bulls", one dog was shot and killed by a zoo employee and the other was taken into custody. This story made national news because of course it is a "pit bull" story. The problem, it was NOT a pit bull, nor a pit bull mix."

"Another case of mistaken identity. Headlines after fatal attack " Pit bull kills baby", The TRUE story, it was an American Bulldog that killed the child. The families American Pit Bull Terrier, attempted to save the child by attacking the other dog in an attempt to get her to release the child according to the parent."

"In Sterling Heights Michigan there was an incident involving a pit bull and a Rottie. According to police records the rottie lunged at them on scene and had to be killed. The Major TV news and print press of course wrote that the pit bull was the dog that attacked the officers and was killed at the scene. The small local paper, got the story right!"

"Boxer mauls toddler, dog incorrectly identified as a Pit Bull : This one is the worst of the worst!! The headline read's Pit Bull, but you will find as you read the story it is correctly identified in the story as a Boxer."

"Ottawa Sun, headlines read about a Pit Bull attacking to brothers. Many days later they find the dogs are believed to be Bull Mastiffs not pit bulls."

"Council Bluffs, IA (who passed BSL based on stories like this one) Teen NOT bitten by pit bull as originaly said. When properly identified the dog is a Lab mix."

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 03:13 AM
I'm sorry Melmart, did I bring to much proof to the table?

Melmart1
01-16-2007, 03:34 AM
Don't be snide. I hear your points and I agree, the media hype can be misleading and overblown. But that doesn't change the fact that the majority of dog attacks are at the hands of pit bulls and there is no way for you to prove that any number of those are cases of mistaken identity.

You also claimed that in places where pits are banned, there was no change in the amount of bites. Yet you have failed to provide evidence of this.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 04:15 AM
But that doesn't change the fact that the majority of dog attacks are at the hands of pit bulls and there is no way for you to prove that any number of those are cases of mistaken identity. Last I checked, the majority of reported bites/attacks were by German Sheperds. Where are you getting your information from? I've been providing links and facts, you've been throwing out opinions and hearsay.

You also claimed that in places where pits are banned, there was no change in the amount of bites. Yet you have failed to provide evidence of this.
I said, when I come across the article again, I'll post a link. All the anti-Pit people here got me wound up and I was searching the net like a mad man. I should have posted it right when I saw it, now it will be another search to find it.

MannyIsGod
01-16-2007, 04:33 AM
Even if half of the pit bull attacks were misidentified, they still are the leading culprit and by far pose a larger percentage of attacks than they should. And well, I REALLY doubt that half of the attacks are misidenitified.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 05:00 AM
Even if half of the pit bull attacks were misidentified, they still are the leading culprit and by far pose a larger percentage of attacks than they should. And well, I REALLY doubt that half of the attacks are misidenitified.You'd be surprised at the number of misidentified attacks/bites. Here is all I could find that broke it down by breeds. Pitbulls were leading, but some of the breeds were surprising, such as the Labrador Retriever. Take in to account that the Pit Bull is one of the most owned dogs in the Nation, and the numbers aren't that staggering. Were also not talking about misidentified here either, just reported.

BITE DATA CALENDAR YEAR 2003 2004
AFGHAN 0 0% 2 0.202%
AIREDALE 1 0.101% 4 0.404%
AKITA (X) 26 2.624% 33 3.330%
AUSSIE (X) 17 1.715% 24 2.422%
BASENJI 2 0.202% 1 0.101%
BEAGLE (X) 0 0% 6 2.624%
BELGIAN TERVUREN 6 0.605% 26 0.605%
BICHON FRISE 8 0.807% 1 0.101%
BORDER COLLIE (X) 5 0.505% 10 1.009%
BORZOI 1 0.101% 0 0%
BULLDOG/BOXER (X) 31 3.128% 26 2.624%
CHIHUAHUA (X) 23 2.321% 17 1.715%
CHOW (X) 87 8.779% 85 8.577%
COCKER (X) 19 1.917% 15 1.514%
COLLIE (X) 2 0.202% 3 0.303%
CORGI 5 0.505% 6 0.605%
DALMATIAN (X) 14 1.413% 9 0.908%
DOBERMAN (X) 11 1.110% 9 0.908%
DOXIE (X) 14 1.413% 8 0.807%
ENGLISH POINTER 2 0.202% 2 0.202%
GERMAN S/H POINTER 2 0.202% 2 0.202%
GREAT DANE (X) 2 0.202% 1 0.101%
HOUND (X) 10 1.009% 4 0.404%
HUSKY/ESKIMO (X) 18 1.816% 23 2.321%
IRISH SETTER (X) 0 0% 0 0%
KEESHOND (X) 1 0.101% 0 0%
LABRADOR (X) 65 6.559% 77 7.770%
LHASA APSO (X) 9 0.908% 9 0.908%
MALTESE (X) 2 0.202% 2 0.202%
MASTIFF 2 0.202% 8 0.807%
OTHER BREEDS 55 5.550% 73 7.366%
PEKINGESE (X) 3 0.303% 2 0.202%
PIT BULL (X) 192 19.374% 227 22.906%
POMERANIAN (X) 5 0.505% 2 0.202%
POODLE (X) 15 1.514% 13 1.312%
QUEENSLAND (x) 14 1.413% 15 1.514%
RETRIEVER (X) 12 1.211% 20 2.018%
ROTTWEILER (X) 39 3.935% 60 6.054%
SAMOYED (X) 1 0.101% 1 0.101%
SCHNAUZER (x) 1 0.101% 2 0.202%
SCOTTIE (X) 1 0.101% 0 0%
SHAR PEI (X) 11 1.110% 14 1.413%
SHEEPDOG 0 0% 2 0.202%
SHEPHERD (X) 121 12.210% 128 12.916%
SHIH TZU (X) 3 0.303% 9 0.908%
SPANIEL (X) 7 0.706 3 0.303%
SPITZ 1 0.101 7 0.706%
SPRINGER (X) 4 0.404% 5 0.505%
ST. BERNARD 7 0.706% 5 0.505%
TERRIER (X) 43 4.339% 41 4.137%
VIZLA (X) 0 0% 0 0%
WEIMARANER (X) 2 0.202% 9 0.908%
WOLF (X) 0 0% 1 0.101%
YORKIE 2 0.202% 2 0.202%

TOTAL DOG BITES 924 82.133% 1054 93.689%
CATS 172 15.289% 305 22.054%

That looks like shit, so here is the link.

http://www.unaughtydogs.com/id25.html

There is an estimated 52 million dogs in the United States and the American Pit Bull Terrier takes up 9.6 percent of the dog population and that does not count unregistered ones. Roughly 5 million Pit Bulls in the U.S. Out of 5 million owned, it appears around 227 are reported per year for biting people. I'd like to get the information as to how many Labradors exist in the U.S. and get a comparable statistic.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 05:16 AM
It doesn't change the fact that half of all dog attacks to humans are caused by pits.You were only off by a whopping 28% in your little claim.
:reading :clap :rolleyes

Clandestino
01-16-2007, 09:19 AM
labs are the most owned dog in the u.s. according to the news last night. it was based on registered dogs with akc.

lebomb
01-16-2007, 09:23 AM
What is it some of you stupid asses do NOT understand. All dogs will bite, some will attack, but a PitBull is ALWAYS the one that kills!!!

Shit, how much more clearly does this need to be spelled out. Quit defending this fuckin psycho breed of dog. :bang

Spurfect
01-16-2007, 09:26 AM
You people are STILL arguing about this?
face it, everyone has a different opinion on the subject, and NO ONE is going to change anyone's mind
I think you all should just agree to disagree on this one

lebomb
01-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Leave now. Go kill yourself because stupid don't do well in society, and you are beyond stupid.

Shut your punk ass up.....you are the person who would be on TV trying to explain why your stupid ass pitbull killed the neighbor and his kid. Dumbfucks.......care more about a dog than a human life.

Let a Pit come in my yard........Id put .40cal hollow points in his ass, then Id do the owner of that fuck.

johnsmith
01-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Let a Pit come in my yard........Id put .40cal hollow points in his ass, then Id do the owner of that fuck.

Wow, all for just coming in your yard. You're fucked up dude.

johnsmith
01-16-2007, 09:33 AM

Like "Ha Ha funny"?

SpursWoman
01-16-2007, 09:36 AM
I know any animal is dangerous when it's freaked out or hurt, but this happened Friday before last. Very tragic accident. :(

http://www.woai.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=f9551f39-96c4-405a-aeb0-f9b4edc93cf4

leemajors
01-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Shut your punk ass up.....you are the person who would be on TV trying to explain why your stupid ass pitbull killed the neighbor and his kid. Dumbfucks.......care more about a dog than a human life.

have fun in pound me in the ass prison!

CavsSuperFan
01-16-2007, 10:04 AM
http://www.dogs-central.com/dogs-puppies/golden-retriever-puppy/goldenpicture2.jpg

Spurs Woman....I agree all animals can be dangerous...I have a Golden Retriever Puppy... (http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:PIsLKaCfJymzFM:http://webpages.marshall.edu/~mcwhort1/PICTURES/PUPPY_LOVE001_GOLDEN_RETRIEVER.JPG)She constantly wants to play....If I am watching TV she will jump on the sofa & lick my face...She tugs at my slippers for attention...She cries if I am in my bedroom & the door is closed...But I know better...It is all just an act....One day when I least expect it the Golden Fluffy Fur Ball has the potential to bite & maul me....I can just see it coming...

SpursWoman
01-16-2007, 10:15 AM
http://www.dogs-central.com/dogs-puppies/golden-retriever-puppy/goldenpicture2.jpg

Spurs Woman....I agree all animals can be dangerous...I have a Golden Retriever Puppy... (http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:PIsLKaCfJymzFM:http://webpages.marshall.edu/~mcwhort1/PICTURES/PUPPY_LOVE001_GOLDEN_RETRIEVER.JPG)She constantly wants to play....If I am watching TV she will jump on the sofa & lick my face...She tugs at my slippers for attention...She cries if I am in my bedroom & the door is closed...But I know better...It is all just an act....One day when I least expect it the Golden Fluffy Fur Ball has the potential to bite & maul me....I can just see it coming...

We used to have a miniature Jack Russell Terrier that was really harmless ... until he got hit by a car and we tried to pick him up off the street to take him to the vet. A few pretty nasty bites and a completely rebuilt hip later, he was fine. Except for the fact that after the accident, if you woke him up, messed with him when he was comfortable, or got near his food while he was eating, he'd bite and/or attack. He'd lost it. :(

ObiwanGinobili
01-16-2007, 10:26 AM
What is it some of you stupid asses do NOT understand. All dogs will bite, some will attack, but a PitBull is ALWAYS the one that kills!!!

Shit, how much more clearly does this need to be spelled out. Quit defending this fuckin psycho breed of dog. :bang

Cujo wasn't a Pit Bull.

johnsmith
01-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Cujo wasn't a Pit Bull.

Good point.

The evil dog from the Omen wasn't a Pit either.

Now what do you Pit bashers have to say?

johnsmith
01-16-2007, 10:31 AM
And what about the dog from The Lost Boys...........While this was a good version of an attack dog, the dog still did go after the Vampires throats.

Vampires are people too.

ObiwanGinobili
01-16-2007, 10:42 AM
We used to have a miniature Jack Russell Terrier that was really harmless ... until he got hit by a car and we tried to pick him up off the street to take him to the vet. A few pretty nasty bites and a completely rebuilt hip later, he was fine. Except for the fact that after the accident, if you woke him up, messed with him when he was comfortable, or got near his food while he was eating, he'd bite and/or attack. He'd lost it. :(

Holy shit that same thing happend to my Mr.Big.
He ws a rat terrier, and got hit by a truck. Rebuilt hip, 4 surgeries and 4 motnhs healing..... he totally changed.
You couldn't come from behind him, touch him without announcing yourself, etc etc. And oyu could not disturb him wile he was sleeping - he would go OFF!

lebomb
01-16-2007, 10:59 AM
I doubt you even know how to fire a gun let alone how to identify a pit. You're fucking stupid.

Feel free to break into my house at 3am........they you will know first hand.

You are stupid to protect an animal over a human.....oh shit, I forgot....you are an inbreed animal too. :(

johnsmith
01-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Feel free to break into my house at 3am........they you will know first hand.

You are stupid to protect an animal over a human.....oh shit, I forgot....you are an inbreed animal too. :(

Well, at least you've managed to ruin all of your credibility in regards to this whole Pit Bull argument thing.

Clandestino
01-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Sorry I don't roll in da hood.

Why don't you post a picture of yourself holding the gun so I can see what I'm up against, then we can all have a good laugh. Then we can meet and I'll skull fuck you while you tickle your anus with those penis compensating hollow points. :sleep

the word JOTO comes to mind...

SpursWoman
01-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Can't say that I know what JOTO is.

:lol :lol

Clandestino
01-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Can't say that I know what JOTO is.

joto means you seeing as how you'd like lebomb to play with his culo while giving you head...

btw, thanks for confirming that pitt owners are pretty fucked up...

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 01:31 PM
btw, thanks for confirming that pitt owners are pretty fucked up...
I must be fucked up since I had my dog taken and made into a certified therapy dog. What an asshole I am. All those days she brought joy to underprivileged kids lives will surely land me in hell.

Clandestino
01-16-2007, 01:33 PM
I must be fucked up since I had my dog taken and made into a certified therapy dog. What an asshole I am. All those days she brought joy to underpriveledged kids lives will surely land me in hell.

just wait til she turns!!!

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 01:39 PM
labs are the most owned dog in the u.s. according to the news last night. it was based on registered dogs with akc.So you just happened to turn on the news last night and they were discussing which was the most owned dog? :lmao How fucking convenient for you!

Show me some proof. As for what I found, and this seems to be as recent as '05, Pit Bulls are the most owned dog, and that is only counting registered Pits. Many people fear registering their Pit Bulls for fear of not being insured because of breed specific laws. So go ahead and add another 500,000 Pits to that already large number. Then, take the amount of bites per breed, and divide that by the total number in each breed, and let me know why dog actually bites more often. My guess is that the Lab and Pit will be equal, with the German Shepard actually on top.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 01:42 PM
just wait til she turns!!!Do you just skip over ever fucking fact I post?

American Temperament Test Society, Inc. (ATTS) breed statistics as of December 2005 show an 83.5% passing rate for the American Pit Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Terrier, as compared to an 81.2% average pass rate for all dog breeds. Guess what that means? :gasp: Out of every dog in the country, the Pit Bull has the best temperament.

You lose.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm done pwning people in this thread.

Sportcamper
01-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Pit bulls have the best temperament of all dogs?
:lol :rollin :lol

http://www.hershmanlawfirm.com/images/Pit%20bull%20used%20in%20site.jpghttp://www.svcn.com/archives/sunnyvalesun/11.03.99/gifs/cover4-9944.jpg

Can anyone post ONE article about a fluffy Golden Retriever or Playful Yellow Labrador mauling a mans arm off? :lol

Clandestino
01-16-2007, 02:05 PM
So you just happened to turn on the news last night and they were discussing which was the most owned dog? :lmao How fucking convenient for you!

Show me some proof. As for what I found, and this seems to be as recent as '05, Pit Bulls are the most owned dog, and that is only counting registered Pits. Many people fear registering their Pit Bulls for fear of not being insured because of breed specific laws. So go ahead and add another 500,000 Pits to that already large number. Then, take the amount of bites per breed, and divide that by the total number in each breed, and let me know why dog actually bites more often. My guess is that the Lab and Pit will be equal, with the German Shepard actually on top.

i was referring to akc registered dogs. based on 06 statistics...

2006 Rank Breed 2005 Rank
1 Retrievers (Labrador) 1
2 Yorkshire Terriers 3
3 German Shepherd Dogs 4
4 Retrievers (Golden) 2
5 Beagles 5
6 Dachshunds 6
7 Boxers 7
8 Poodles 8
9 Shih Tzu 9
10 Miniature Schnauzers 10

Clandestino
01-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Do you just skip over ever fucking fact I post?

American Temperament Test Society, Inc. (ATTS) breed statistics as of December 2005 show an 83.5% passing rate for the American Pit Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Terrier, as compared to an 81.2% average pass rate for all dog breeds. Guess what that means? :gasp: Out of every dog in the country, the Pit Bull has the best temperament.

You lose.

who gives a fuck??? just because your dog proved herself once, doens't mean she will never turn. ALL the stories we hear of pitts attacking sound like, "...the dog was so nice, it never hurt anyone or anything, etc..."

it's like saying no one will ever be a drunk driver bc they have a drivers license..

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 02:20 PM
i was referring to akc registered dogs. based on 06 statistics...

Well considering American Pit Bull Terriers are registered by the UKC, what fucking good does your list do us?

katyon6th
01-16-2007, 02:22 PM
I want a pit bull just so I can name her Sarge and I'd train her to play with kittens.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 02:25 PM
who gives a fuck??? just because your dog proved herself once, doens't mean she will never turn.It is quite obvious you don't understand the rigorous testing these dogs must go through to pass. Again, another uninformed person spouting off at the mouth.

ALL the stories we hear of pitts attacking sound like, "...the dog was so nice, it never hurt anyone or anything, etc..." Quite the hasty generalization there no?

it's like saying no one will ever be a drunk driver bc they have a drivers license..ssssstttttrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeetttccccccc cccchhhhhhhhhhh

You can hate on them all you like, and go sign petitions for Breed Specific Legislation, but all I have to say is good luck. Here's a list of all BSL laws and the cities that shot them down. Looks like Pits are here to stay.

Scott City, KS December 2006
Golden, CO - November 2006 Shelbyville, TN - March 2006
Milford, MI - December 2006 Tullahoma, TN - November 2006
Merriem, KS - December 2006 Lee's summit, MO - December 2006
Sherwood Park, Alberta - December 2006 Raytown, MS - November 2006
Richland, WA - December 2006
Longmont, CO - April 2006 Belton, MS 2006
Redford, MI - May, 2005 Beloit, KS August 2005
Federalsburg, MD Shawnee, KS
Ellis, KS Osage County, KS
Cleveland, OH Revere, MA
Pontiac, MI Topeka, KS
Detroit, Mi Eastpoint, MI
Belton, MO

BSL stopped due to education, ineffectiveness, cost and public outcry

Levanworth, KS August 2006 Indianapolis, IN NOV 2006
Northlake, IL August 2006 Sacromento, CA August 2006
Hudsonville, MI May 2006 Taylor Mills, KY 2005
Bald Knob, AR 2006 Shannon Hills, AR 2006
Searcy, AR 2006 Mulberry, AR 2006
Golden, CO 2006 Estes Park, CO 2006
Northglenn, CO 2006 Lajuanta, CO 2006
Layfaette, CO 2006 Longmont, CO 2006
Rocky Ford, CO 2006 New Castle County, DE 2006
Federal Heights, CO 2006 Rockmart, GA 2006
Westminster, CO 2006 McHenry County, IL 2006
Normal, IL 2006 Anderson, IN 2006
Paxton, IL 2006 Humbolt, IA 2006
Forest, IL 2006 Leavenworth, KS 2006
Bloomington, IL 2006 Witchita, KS 2006
Will County, IL 2006 Frankfort, KY 2006
Chicago, IL 2006 Lietchfield, KY 2006
North Chicago, IL 2006 Milton, KY 2006
Lincolnshire, IL 2006 Lincoln County, KY 2006
Hodgkins, IL 2006 Spencer County, KY 2006
Middlesboro, KY 2006 Sulpher, LA 2006
Lake Charles, LA 2006 Oak Grove, MS 2006
Bellfontaine Neighbors, MS 2006 Unionville, MS 2006
Jennings, MS 2006 Trenton, MS 2006
Lancaster, OH 2006 East Palestine, OH 2006
Wilkes Barre, PA 2006 Bedford County, TN 2006
Woodbury, TN 2006 Killeen, TX 2006
Eau Claire, WI 2006
Detroit, MI January 2006 Romeo, MI Februrary 2006
Salem, MA February 2006 State of Oklahoma, Bill defeated Februrary 2006
Parker, CO January 2006 Lakewood, CO January 2006
Lake St. Louis, MO - December 2005
Lowell, MI - August 2005 Olathe, KS November 2005
Russellville, AR, August 2005 Battle Creek, MI August 2005
Bourbonnais, IL August 2005 Old Bridge, NJ August 2005
Flatwoods, KY - July 2005 Jacksonville, AR - July 2005
Annapolis, MD Lawrence, Kansas
Cripple Creek, CO New York, New York
Hazel Park, MI Youngstown, OH
Crawford County, MI St. Tammany Parish, LA
Baltimore, MD State of Maryland
State of Delaware Bellevue, NE
Stafford, KS Austintown, OH
Wilmington, NC Grand Rapids, MI
Loveland, CO St. Mary's County, MD
Arlington, NM Denmark, WI
Wichita, Kansas Broomfield, CO
Auburn, WA Adrian, MI
Roseville, MI May 2004 Ann Arbor, MI
Bellingham, MA North Ridgeville, Ohio
MARLBOROUGH, MA Benton Harbor, MI - Fall 2004
Kansas City, MO Roseville, MI Fall 2004
Black Jack, MO Belton, MO
Wyndotte, MI Oklahoma State - S247, HB1282 Voted down / Withdrawn
St. Charles, MO Illinois - SB1790 - WITHDRAWN!
New Mexico - S188 Withdrawn
Hohenwalt, TN Illinois - HB1128 - Voted down!

Clandestino
01-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Well considering American Pit Bull Terriers are registered by the UKC, what fucking good does your list do us?

well, once again, thanks for proving to us that pitt owners are dumbasses... according to the UKC, pitts arent' even the most UKC registered dog..

Rank Breed
1 Treeing Walker Coonhound (Scenthound Group)
2 American Pit Bull Terrier (Terrier Group)
3 Bluetick Coonhound (Scenthound Group)
4 English Coonhound (Scenthound Group)
5 American Black and Tan Coonhound (Scenthound Group)
6 Redbone Coonhound (Scenthound Group)
7 Labrador Retriever (Gun Dog Group)
8 Beagle (Scenthound Group)
9 Plott Hound (Scenthound Group)
10 Jack Russell Terrier (Terrier Group)

wow, labs are 1 on one list and 7 on the ukc.. that is a lot of registered fucking dogs...

ashbeeigh
01-16-2007, 02:30 PM
I want a pit bull just so I can name her Sarge and I'd train her to play with kittens.

:lmao You should do that.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Wait a second, I'm the dumbass because you posted some AKC registered list? :lmao
well, once again, thanks for proving to us that pitt owners are dumbasses... according to the UKC, pitts arent' even the most UKC registered dog..

I'm pretty sure I put a disclaimer in there before I posted my numbers. Oh yeah, right here, and I even mentioned it was only as recent as '05.

As for what I found, and this seems to be as recent as '05,
So Pits dropped one spot in two years and that makes me a dumbass? At least I posted a list that included them............dumbass.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 02:37 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/sierrakill.jpg

Clandestino
01-16-2007, 02:38 PM
so, then you purposely gave us OLD INFO to make your point look better? all you had to do was go to the UKC site.. even their 2005 numbers prove YOU WRONG. nice try pitt breeder.

With that said, the United Kennel Club is pleased to announce its list of top dog breeds for 2005. This list, based on UKC registration figures, reflects the Performance Dog philosophy that is the backbone of United Kennel Club. Truly – “Our Dogs Do Stuff!”

Rank Breed
1 Treeing Walker Coonhound (Scenthound Group)
2 American Pit Bull Terrier (Terrier Group)
3 Bluetick Coonhound (Scenthound Group)
4 English Coonhound (Scenthound Group)
5 American Black and Tan Coonhound (Scenthound Group)
6 Redbone Coonhound (Scenthound Group)
7 Labrador Retriever (Gun Dog Group)

Clandestino
01-16-2007, 02:39 PM

not to mention mean motherfuckers..they are ugly as hell too...

SpursWoman
01-16-2007, 02:42 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 02:47 PM
so, then you purposely gave us OLD INFO to make your point look better? all you had to do was go to the UKC site.. even their 2005 numbers prove YOU WRONG. nice try pitt breeder.I specifically said, at this moment, this is all I can find. Add on the 500,000 unregistered Pit Bulls and I'm back on top. Again, the Pit Bull is the most owned dog by families in this country.

katyon6th
01-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Pretty dog.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 02:51 PM
..they are ugly as hell too...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/bailey.jpg

Fillmoe
01-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Pretty dog.

until it bites your leg off....

Clandestino
01-16-2007, 02:52 PM
I specifically said, at this moment, this is all I can find. Add on the 500,000 unregistered Pit Bulls and I'm back on top. Again, the Pit Bull is the most owned dog by families in this country.

and sanity, i truly do have to thank you for proving my point about pitt owners being dumbasses.. even after you knew that your dog was UKC registered you still could not think :dizzy to look at the UKC website to see its ranking... :LMAO thank you.. hahaha.. dee dee dee

Fillmoe
01-16-2007, 02:54 PM
clandestino has waged war on pitbulls.....

Clandestino
01-16-2007, 03:03 PM
clandestino has waged war on pitbulls.....

no, their owners bc it is not the dog's fault! :lmao

Fillmoe
01-16-2007, 03:03 PM
good news........ my jaguar came in today......

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/6610/paandshebaod1.jpg

Clandestino
01-16-2007, 03:05 PM
good news........ my jaguar came in today......

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/6610/paandshebaod1.jpg

:lmao funniest seen i've seen all morning

MannyIsGod
01-16-2007, 03:28 PM
:lmao

mavs>spurs2
01-16-2007, 04:40 PM
But that doesn't change the fact that the majority of dog attacks are at the hands of pit bulls and there is no way for you to prove that any number of those are cases of mistaken identity.

That's not true at all, most dogs attacks are not from pit bulls. It's just that when a pit does bite, it does serious damage and it's all over the media. Golden retrievers account for more dog bites nationally than pit bulls, but when a golden retriever bites it's most likely not fatal or life threatening.

mavs>spurs2
01-16-2007, 04:42 PM
I specifically said, at this moment, this is all I can find. Add on the 500,000 unregistered Pit Bulls and I'm back on top. Again, the Pit Bull is the most owned dog by families in this country.

Exactly, people fail to understand that while so many people own pit bulls, they still account for less bites annually than most other breeds. It's just that when a pit bull gets in the hands of a bad owner that it can get ugly and lead to alot of bad press.

David Bowie
01-16-2007, 04:54 PM
I've always heard about stories of pit bulls biting kids, etc. So I've always been a bit scared.

When I was a kid, I was once walking back from school, and a pit bull without a leash or an owner in sight came up to me. I just froze and couldn't move. I was so scared. In fact I think that was one of the most frightening moments of my life. However, it just sniffed me and left. I think that I almost fainted. lol

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 05:57 PM
and sanity, i truly do have to thank you for proving my point about pitt owners being dumbasses.. even after you knew that your dog was UKC registered you still could not think :dizzy to look at the UKC website to see its ranking... :LMAO thank you.. hahaha.. dee dee dee
You seem to forgot you posted an AKC list, which only registers Amercian Staffordshire Terriers, and then had the nerve to say American Pit Bull Terriers weren't even close to the top. Who's the dumbass?

So I didn't bother to look it up, and was going off the top of my head. Well, they ended up being second, and that makes me a dumbass? :lmao

I still can't find any of this info you speak of the website http://www.ukc.com/ :lmao

Spurminator
01-16-2007, 06:02 PM
So how do we keep pit bulls from getting into the hands of bad owners?

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 06:10 PM
So how do we keep pit bulls from getting into the hands of bad owners?
Good question. How we keep potentially dangerous dogs in general from getting into the hands of bad owners? I wouldn't mind seeing them have to be registered much similar to what gun owners go through.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 06:10 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/sierrablood.jpg

Spurminator
01-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Good question. How we keep potentially dangerous dogs in general from getting into the hands of bad owners? I wouldn't mind seeing them have to be registered much similar to what gun owners go through.

I would add mandatory training and annual evaluations.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 06:16 PM
I would add mandatory training and annual evaluations.
Not a bad idea. You'd have to throw in a bunch of other dogs based on their amount of bites per breed/number of dogs owned. (Akitas, Chows, Labs, Golden Retrievers, Rotts, Wolf Hybrids etc) I doubt many owners would want to deal with this, but it is a step in the right direction. Its just too bad so many "gangstas" are in love with the Pit Bull, they don't train them properly, and most times train them improperly on purpose. Kill the gangstas and the problem will be solved.

Clandestino
01-16-2007, 07:00 PM
You seem to forgot you posted an AKC list, which only registers Amercian Staffordshire Terriers, and then had the nerve to say American Pit Bull Terriers weren't even close to the top. Who's the dumbass?

So I didn't bother to look it up, and was going off the top of my head. Well, they ended up being second, and that makes me a dumbass? :lmao

I still can't find any of this info you speak of the website http://www.ukc.com/ :lmao

damn, you really do make this easy mr pitt owner.. i know why you couldn't find a list of pitt bulls at the site you looked at. www.ukc.com is universal karate central site! :lmao

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/4639/ukcxf0.png

Clandestino
01-16-2007, 07:01 PM
btw...the site you were looking for is this

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3479/ukcdogsat9.jpg

AlamoSpursFan
01-16-2007, 07:06 PM
I've sat in my house and watched an 8 year old retarded kid proceed to beat the shit out of my dog with a wiffleball bat. He hit her on the head repeatedly, and not only did she not attack, but she seemed to think it was a game. Pits high pain tolerances prove to be very advantageous when it comes to dealing with shit little kids dish out. I'd like to see how a Cocker Spaniel or Lab would deal with that kind of treatment.

Now THAT'S responsible pet ownership.

TheSanityAnnex
01-16-2007, 08:10 PM
i know why you couldn't find a list of pitt bulls at the site you looked at. www.ukc.com is universal karate central site! :lmao

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/4639/ukcxf0.pngJesus Christ. It was a fucking joke, hence the :lmao placed right fucking after it.

vvv

mavs>spurs2
01-16-2007, 08:31 PM
It's ok Sanity, these people talking smack can't tell a pit bull from a poodle and sure as hell have never owned one themselves or even known or been around one.

johnsmith
01-16-2007, 08:42 PM
I will pray that everyone that is so anti-Pit gets attacked and injured badly by a Shit-tzu sometime in the near future.

Guru of Nothing
01-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Pit Bulls don't kill people, teeth do.

TheSanityAnnex
01-17-2007, 12:37 AM
Pit Bulls don't kill people, teeth do.I always thought Pits had a stronger bite, and were able to lock their jaws...........after all the research you assholes made me do, I found both to be untrue.

Guru of Nothing
01-17-2007, 01:08 AM
I always thought Pits had a stronger bite, and were able to lock their jaws...........after all the research you assholes made me do, I found both to be untrue.

Pit Bulls don't have a strong bite?! Please share your research.

TheSanityAnnex
01-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Pit Bulls don't have a strong bite?! Please share your research.
No link, not now, maybe tomorrow. I don't feel like searching the web.

But what I did come across did a test bite on three dogs............I believe a German Shepard, a Rott, and a Pitt. The Pit had the least amount of jaw strength among the three, and it also noted that no dog has the capability of "lock jaw".

Fillmoe
01-17-2007, 01:28 AM
none of those pussy ass dogs is fucking with my jaguar

TheSanityAnnex
01-17-2007, 01:29 AM
My Pits and I will face your jaguar, and I'll have my dogs bark while I fire rounds.

ZStomp
01-17-2007, 01:33 AM
Cops usually end up shooting pitbulls most of the time. I wonder why...

TheSanityAnnex
01-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Cops usually end up shooting pitbulls most of the time. I wonder why...

Do you also wonder why Cops train them and work with them?

http://www.lawdogsusa.org/home.html

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/yeahfightersite.jpg

It is getting too easy.

TheSanityAnnex
01-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Was that a pwned?