PDA

View Full Version : Getting out of contract w/out having to pay early term fee

MoSpur
01-15-2007, 01:43 PM
I have a question for all of you that cares to read this. I am a current Nextel customer. I have been satisfied with their cell phone service so far, but their phone selection is weak compared to the rest out there. I know that is a dumb reason to want to drop them, but I like to have the newer gadgets when they come out.

Anyway, I am still under contract with them until 2008. If I choose to leave there is an early termination fee of $200 per phone. Of course I don't want to pay this fee. Nextel advised me that I could switch to Sprint with no charge and that my contract will end with Nextel and I will become a new customer with Sprint. If I do this, and choose to leave Sprint as well, will I be subject to an early termination fee if I return the new phones to Sprint within 14 days like a new customer?

Another words, technically I would be a new customer with Sprint, which means I have 14 days to decide if I want to term with Sprint w/out being charged an early termination fee. Do any of you know if this is true?

SpursWoman
01-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I had added a line on my account for my mother and it took me 6 months to have Sprint/Nextel waive the $200 termination fee for the line when she passed away and I wanted to close that account. And that was with a death certificate.

Good luck with that one. :spin

lilmads
01-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Sprint is fulla shit... I moved outta the US to St. Maarten where we dont even have Sprint service and they didn't waive the early termination fee. Good luck!

PM5K
01-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Both of my ears got shot off and Sprint still wouldn't waive the early termination fee....

MoSpur
01-15-2007, 02:02 PM
So its hard to end a contract with Sprint even if its within the 14 days is what you all are telling me????

SpursWoman
01-15-2007, 02:29 PM
No way in hell they'd let you off the hook that easily. :lol

If that were the case, I'd do the exact same thing in reverse. :spin

Clandestino
01-15-2007, 06:17 PM
tell them you are in the military and going overseas.. then make up fake orders.. did that once to get out of a 3 yr contract

bendmz
01-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Did you not read "THE FINE PRINT"..... :nerd

exstatic
01-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Contracts suck ass. I bought my phone and use Virgin Mobile, month to month. Not coincidentally, they have the best customer service in the biz.

Nasir Jones
01-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Tell them you know Nasir Jones and they will automatically void your contract.

SequSpur
01-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Sprint = nextel