PDA

View Full Version : Lakers fans

ponky
01-16-2007, 01:30 AM
nice game lakers fans...now do it again on wednesday....errr, but not thursday!
seriously though, very nice game, way to stay with the heat...kobe went to the line 3 times, wade 13 times

SoCal Lakeshow
01-16-2007, 01:40 AM
Yes very good game Lakers. :clap :clap

ponky
01-16-2007, 01:42 AM
i can't believe i'm saying this but the lakers are fun to watch, so much youth on that team and kobe isn't the ballhog he used to be, unless of course, he needs to be...i'll be at the game on thursday (mavs/lakers), looking forward to it...hell, i may even go to the spurs/lakers game just for fun, it's only an hour's drive away

SoCal Lakeshow
01-16-2007, 01:47 AM
Yes they are and wait till they get healthy. They're only gonna get better.

:downspin:

TDMVPDPOY
01-16-2007, 01:51 AM
kobe lucky the refs didnt award the game to wade

SoCal Lakeshow
01-16-2007, 01:54 AM
It took the crowd to start booing the refs. Maybe that's the only way to defend Wade.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-16-2007, 01:56 AM
Kobe again shows why he's the best in the league, with his defense on Wade in the 4th.

Sacramental
01-16-2007, 02:00 AM
wade is a flopper.

TDMVPDPOY
01-16-2007, 02:07 AM
i wonder whose more hated now these days??

kobe i hate him long time ago, but wade fuck he gets away with alot of calls and stuff....even KG doesnt get that sort of treatment on a one man team

SoCal Lakeshow
01-16-2007, 02:11 AM
i can't believe i'm saying this but the lakers are fun to watch, so much youth on that team and kobe isn't the ballhog he used to be, unless of course, he needs to be...i'll be at the game on thursday (mavs/lakers), looking forward to it...hell, i may even go to the spurs/lakers game just for fun, it's only an hour's drive away

Wear a Laker shirt to the Laker/Spurs game. :clap

ponky
01-16-2007, 02:25 AM
Wear a Laker shirt to the Laker/Spurs game. :clap

haha, i would but i don't have one, all mavs shirts...however my brother is a pistons/lakers fan and he might have something, will do! :lol

ponky
01-16-2007, 02:30 AM
i wonder whose more hated now these days??

kobe i hate him long time ago, but wade fuck he gets away with alot of calls and stuff....even KG doesnt get that sort of treatment on a one man team

i know i'm going to sound like a mavs hater because of the finals but for me, it's definitely wade. i have always hated the lakers and i actually rooted for the spurs to beat them in the playoffs a couple of years back but kobe's changed since shaq left and phil came back. i don't hate him at all anymore, i actually enjoy being able to cheer some of his amazing shots and it's not even him, his team is likeable and fun to watch, can't say the same (for me at least) with the lakers back when shaq played...i didn't like fisher, horry, shaq, pargo, mad dog white boy, etc.

tonight, walker was making all kinds of stupid ass faces when he committed a foul, wade would get up and play hurt for a couple of secs and then continue, he was glaring at the refs at the end of the game and payton was talking shit everytime he committed a foul...kapono is the only guy who impresses when it comes to composure

SoCal Lakeshow
01-16-2007, 02:32 AM
haha, i would but i don't have one, all mavs shirts...however my brother is a pistons/lakers fan and he might have something, will do! :lol
:downspin: :downspin:

SoCal Lakeshow
01-16-2007, 02:35 AM
kapono is the only guy who impresses when it comes to composure
UCLA :king

SoCal Lakeshow
01-16-2007, 02:38 AM
What makes Kobe so great is that he is willing to do anything to win. Nobody practices harder than him and allowing Phil to coach him again after the book proves that he is a team player and will do anything to win.

Sacramental
01-16-2007, 02:56 AM
as a kings fan i have always hated kobe bryant to the maximum degree but now im starting to respect the guy. he's always been a ballhogging, forget-the-team, "name on the back" kind of player. but he's starting to take the next big step and trust his teammates, and guess what theyre winning.

Tradition
01-16-2007, 03:00 AM
:pctoss :pctoss It sucks not having Odom and Kwame back still because I would like our chances alot more on this upcoming trip!

SoCal Lakeshow
01-16-2007, 03:03 AM
as a kings fan i have always hated kobe bryant to the maximum degree but now im starting to respect the guy. he's always been a ballhogging, forget-the-team, "name on the back" kind of player. but he's starting to take the next big step and trust his teammates, and guess what theyre winning.
I've never considered Kobe a "name on the back" kind of player. But I understand why other fans do. He gets a bad deal from the press and he's never been a public guy. I think the main problem between him and Shaq was Kobe could never understand why Shaq couldn't hit his FT's. Kobe would never let something like that keep him from being the best ever.

Sacramental
01-16-2007, 04:18 AM
i wouldnt say hes the GOAT, but hes pretty damn near it.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-16-2007, 04:24 AM
i wouldnt say hes the GOAT, but hes pretty damn near it.
I mean Shaq would have been GOAT if he would have hit his FT's.

TDMVPDPOY
01-16-2007, 06:34 AM
What makes Kobe so great is that he is willing to do anything to win. Nobody practices harder than him and allowing Phil to coach him again after the book proves that he is a team player and will do anything to win.

you do know there is a trend in his statpadding ballhog game right? in one game he will not score that much to rack up his asst and rebs for the game, next game you see him go off for 30+ pts......

SoCal Lakeshow
01-16-2007, 11:49 AM
you do know there is a trend in his statpadding ballhog game right? in one game he will not score that much to rack up his asst and rebs for the game, next game you see him go off for 30+ pts......
Do you really think he pads his stats? He does what it takes to win. I mean if he can pad his stats with LO and Kwame out and still win, then he must be able to walk on water. You must not much many Laker games if you think he's a stat padder.

2Cleva
01-16-2007, 12:02 PM
http://xkwire.com/photos/ish/waderef.jpg

spurschick
01-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Anyone know if the Lakers are going to make it here? With the airport all but shut down and road closures all over the place, I'm wondering if this game will be rescheduled.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Anyone know if the Lakers are going to make it here? With the airport all but shut down and road closures all over the place, I'm wondering if this game will be rescheduled.
Havn't heard anything about that. The weather must be pretty bad then. Maybe it will get postponed.

spurschick
01-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Havn't heard anything about that. The weather must be pretty bad then. Maybe it will get postponed.

I'm sure we'll hear something on the news tonight.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-16-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm sure we'll hear something on the news tonight.
OK I'll look on the news for it. All of you keep safe then. Bad weather sucks!

mabber
01-16-2007, 12:59 PM
OK I'll look on the news for it. All of you keep safe then. Bad weather sucks!

Worst case scenario is that the Lakers get in on game day instead of today (I'm assuming they would normally come in today).

spurschick
01-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Worst case scenario is that the Lakers get in on game day instead of today (I'm assuming they would normally come in today).

The weather is supposed to actually get worse tonight and last into tomorrow afternoon. If they're not getting in here today, I doubt they'll get here at all.

Medvedenko
01-16-2007, 01:22 PM
http://heat.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5700037552/m/7690092964/p/10

Funny stuff regarding the Heat fans complaining about the refs during this game....

mabber
01-16-2007, 01:38 PM
The weather is supposed to actually get worse tonight and last into tomorrow afternoon. If they're not getting in here today, I doubt they'll get here at all.

My bad then. I just assumed that the precipition was on same time frame as Dallas since this front was coming mostly from west to east. I guess it was more nw to se than I thought. Dallas is fine now...just friggin cold.

spurschick
01-16-2007, 01:40 PM
My bad then. I just assumed that the precipition was on same time frame as Dallas since this front was coming mostly from west to east. I guess it was more nw to se than I thought. Dallas is fine now...just friggin cold.

Check out some of the pics in the weather thread in The Club.

Leetonidas
01-16-2007, 01:50 PM
If the Lakers get 50+ wins and Kobe averages at least 27ppg, Kobe will be MVP.

cornbread
01-16-2007, 01:53 PM
As much as it pains me to say, respect to the Lakers. They are looking pretty damn good these days.

trueD
01-16-2007, 02:00 PM

:lol :lol :lol

NBA Junkie
01-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Luke Walton for NBA's most improved player.

ponky
01-16-2007, 02:33 PM
dang it, i love the weather right now but i'm loving my trip to dallas to see the lakers/mavs play on thursday AND the lakers/spurs game tomorrow night...i was planning on leaving ridiculously early for the trip just in case of weather problems...do the lakers have their own jet? please let them get here safely and early, i don't need them to play like the wiz against the spurs, getting there on gameday! haha

mabber
01-16-2007, 02:42 PM
dang it, i love the weather right now but i'm loving my trip to dallas to see the lakers/mavs play on thursday AND the lakers/spurs game tomorrow night...i was planning on leaving ridiculously early for the trip just in case of weather problems...do the lakers have their own jet? please let them get here safely and early, i don't need them to play like the wiz against the spurs, getting there on gameday! haha

I'll be at the game on Thursday as well (at tonight's game vs. Rockets also). Where are you sitting? I'm in my usual lower-corner seat near the opponent's bench.

LakeShow
01-16-2007, 03:10 PM
seriously though, very nice game, way to stay with the heat...kobe went to the line 3 times, wade 13 times

The Spurs will probably be too hard to handle after their big loss to Chicago. I'm sure pop is really drilling them right now but I'm sure my boys will show up to play with whoever is healthy at the time. GO LAKERS!

P-O-Z
01-16-2007, 03:32 PM
good game lakers hell of a performance coming from kobe and hear me when i say this ima heat fan and d-wade is one of my favortie players but kobe is the best in the league period

spurschick
01-16-2007, 07:11 PM
As of the 5pm news, Lakers were on their way here and the game is still on.

Lp26
01-16-2007, 07:20 PM
A little late, but very entertaining game. I've started to like Kobe and the Lakers since last year's play-offs, and i always liked Odom so i guess that helps.

The Wade calls are ridiculous, and it's strange but I've noticed that Kobe barely gets calls anymore. Even the Lebron calls haven't been as bad this year from the few CLE games i watched.

Congrats Lakers, you beat the Heat and the Refs :clap

NBA Junkie
01-16-2007, 07:23 PM

:lmao :lmao

1Parker1
01-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Kobe's defense on Wade in the 2nd half ws sick. He'll never win the MVP, but I'd put him second runner up this season, after Dirk.

dirk4mvp
01-16-2007, 08:14 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Amare_32
01-16-2007, 08:17 PM

Kobe was basically being beat up by the Heat's defense with no calls. The Lakers as much waved at Wade it was 2 free throws. I expect the same on Sunday vs Dallas but it won't be enough for a Heat win.
________
YAMAHA V8 ENGINE (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Yamaha_V8_engine)
________
WEB SHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

dirk4mvp
01-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Not that it's a big deal or anything, but somebody told me Antoine Walker dunked on Kobe last night. Bullshit or truth? I can't imagine Toine dunking on someone.

Amare_32
01-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Not that it's a big deal or anything, but somebody told me Antoine Walker dunked on Kobe last night. Bullshit or truth? I can't imagine Toine dunking on someone.

Nope it was a fastbreak by Walker and Kobe was trailing him. He did not dunked on him.
________
Buy Cannabis Seeds (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)
________
JessicaSimpson live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/JessicaSimpson)

P-O-Z
01-16-2007, 08:47 PM
THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I SEE TOINE DUNK BUT HE SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO GO HE BLEW THAT LAST GAME 4 US

Amare_32
01-16-2007, 10:26 PM
A little late, but very entertaining game. I've started to like Kobe and the Lakers since last year's play-offs, and i always liked Odom so i guess that helps.

The Wade calls are ridiculous, and it's strange but I've noticed that Kobe barely gets calls anymore. Even the Lebron calls haven't been as bad this year from the few CLE games i watched.

Congrats Lakers, you beat the Heat and the Refs :clap

:toast
________
MARIJUANA MEDICAL (http://medicalmarijuana.us/)
________
Colorado Dispensaries (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

ponky
01-16-2007, 11:18 PM
Kobe was basically being beat up by the Heat's defense with no calls. The Lakers as much waved at Wade it was 2 free throws. I expect the same on Sunday vs Dallas but it won't be enough for a Heat win.

Yeah, there's a nice youtube clip of Wade doing the whole outta control spin move he does to get a foul call, it's in slo-mo and regular speed...the one Phil Jackson's been complaining about. Anyway, I don't care about the fouls, nothing we can do about that so no need to focus on how many fouls Wade might rack up against the Mavs. We just need to keep playing our game and I don't expect much problems from the Heat this time around. I don't see why there would be any mental residue from the Finals other than revenge.

Amare_32
01-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Yeah, there's a nice youtube clip of Wade doing the whole outta control spin move he does to get a foul call, it's in slo-mo and regular speed...the one Phil Jackson's been complaining about. Anyway, I don't care about the fouls, nothing we can do about that so no need to focus on how many fouls Wade might rack up against the Mavs. We just need to keep playing our game and I don't expect much problems from the Heat this time around. I don't see why there would be any mental residue from the Finals other than revenge.

Yeah I know the fouls will come but the irony is that Wade is good enough that he does not need the help from the refs. Does the NBA really think that fans want to watch Wade standing at the line 20 plus times in a game. I saw the youtube clip of the Blazers game. As far as Sunday I see Dirk having a huge game.
________
Paxil attorneys (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

ponky
01-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Yeah I know the fouls will come but the irony is that Wade is good enough that he does not need the help from the refs. Does the NBA really think that fans want to watch Wade standing at the line 20 plus times in a game. I saw the youtube clip of the Blazers game. As far as Sunday I see Dirk having a huge game.

yeah, i agree, wade is a very talented baller which is why i was so impressed with his first year in the league, pre-shaq.