PDA

View Full Version : Police seeking clues after baby vanishes

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-16-2007, 03:11 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA011607.01B.missing_baby.2c77a9e.html

Police seeking clues after baby vanishes

Web Posted: 01/15/2007 09:36 PM CST

Vianna Davila
and Laura Jesse

San Antonio police are asking for help in the search for a missing 2-month-old boy whose mother left the city with the child in tow but returned without him.

Isiah Ramirez was last seen with his mother, Veronica Ramirez, who left San Antonio on Saturday in her boyfriend's vehicle and drove to Columbus, said Sgt. Donald Strader of the San Antonio Police Department's Missing Persons unit. Columbus is 119 miles east of San Antonio, off Interstate 10.

The child's mother returned to San Antonio in the same vehicle early Sunday, but without Isiah, Strader said.

According to a news release from the Police Department, Ramirez could not remember what happened to her son.

"We haven't been able to get any real information out of her because when she got back she was disoriented," Strader said.

When her family realized the baby was missing, they called police Sunday afternoon, the sergeant said.

Strader confirmed Ramirez was in Columbus, where she mentioned being near a fast-food restaurant and a truck stop. It is unclear if Isiah was ever in Columbus, according to Strader.

"We don't in fact know whether she dropped the child off in Columbus, between there and here, or somewhere here in San Antonio," Strader said.

Isiah is 22 inches long and weighs 12 pounds. His eyes are gray and his hair is brown.

He was last seen wearing a white beanie hat, a light blue Winnie the Pooh sleeper and a bib with "I love my daddy" on it.

His black diaper bag and child safety seat also are missing.

Locally, police are interviewing anyone Ramirez had contact with around the time Isiah vanished.

Columbus police are assisting with the investigation and checking out locations where Ramirez may have gone, Strader said.

Department of Public Safety troopers also are searching rest stops between San Antonio and Columbus, according to a dispatcher.

Anyone with information about Isiah should call the Missing Persons unit at (210) 207-7660.

http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/ktrk/cms_exf_2005/news/ktrk_011507_babystory2.jpg

If you see this woman, kindly sterilize her.

http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/ktrk/cms_exf_2005/news/ktrk_011507_momstory.jpg

(1/15/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - A search is underway for a missing two-month-old baby boy, after his mother forgot where she left him.

Houston FBI agents and San Antonio police are working together to find the infant. According to authorities, Veronica Francine Ramirez from San Antonio traveled to Houston on Sunday, January 14, with her two-month-old son, Isiah Ramirez. When she returned to San Antonio, reportedly under the influence of drugs, she did not have the child and could not remember what happened to him.

Veronica told San Antonio police investigators that she may have given Isiah to two unidentified females in an unidentified truck stop restroom somewhere between San Antonio and Houston. She told authorities she stopped in Columbus, but does not recall if she had the child then or not. She also said she stopped at several rest areas. Veronica may have been driving a maroon 2005 Nissan Maxima.

Veronica advised SAPD investigators that she believes Isiah may be sick. Isiah has an underdeveloped esophagus and requires special formula.

Isiah was born November 13, 2006. He's 22 inches tall, weighing 12 pounds, with gray eyes and brown hair. Isiah was last seen wearing a white beanie hat, a light blue "Winnie the Pooh" sleeper and "I Love My Daddy" bib. His child safety seat and black diaper bag are also missing.

Anyone with information regarding this missing baby is asked to contact the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000.

-----

If that baby's hurt, I bet Mom ends up with an underdeveloped esophagus. And just so we're clear, the sterilization point was mine, not ABC News in Houston.

Fillmoe
01-16-2007, 05:10 AM
i wonder what sorta drugs she was on to make her forget where she left her kid.... or what she did with him....... shit seems kinda weird to me.......

TDMVPDPOY
01-16-2007, 06:10 AM
she ate it

Bob Lanier
01-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

johnsmith
01-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Maybe a Dingo ate the baby.............

Ok, sorry about that one.

Seriously though, it was probably a Pit Bull.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Maybe a Dingo ate the baby.............

Ok, sorry about that one.

Seriously though, it was probably a Pit Bull.

Hell, the baby is probably in better hands.

Mixability
01-16-2007, 11:18 AM
She sold the baby to buy those fashionable shrimp earrings.

ObiwanGinobili
01-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Hell, the baby is probably in better hands.

unless she traded it for drugs.

:depressed damnit. the baby doesn;t even look happy in that pic. He prob. ran away.

Shelly
01-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Jesus...why do some people have kids? Even if it was an 'accident', how hard is it to got to a free clinic and get free birth control?

I hate people sometimes.

Mixability
01-16-2007, 11:51 AM
If this bitch sold her kid for drugs or to pay off a debt, somebody kindly shoot her. She has a relatively new car and she uses her kid as collateral?!?

SpursWoman
01-16-2007, 12:04 PM
The car was her boyfriend's ... but still. :(

Mixability
01-16-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm all for requiring a license to be a parent now........

Summers
01-16-2007, 01:32 PM
I hate people sometimes.

:( Me too. This just makes me so incredibly sad. ('Course I'm suffering from post-weaning hormones, but still...)

Sapphire
01-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Thank God, they found the baby. Some couple in California had him. :wtf They turned him over to police and are being interviewed now. They did say the baby is fine, though.

Sapphire
01-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Here's the link:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4474003.html

Shelly
01-16-2007, 03:21 PM
wtf???

Mixability
01-16-2007, 03:24 PM
lucky kid, dumbass mom needs to be shot.

Condemned 2 HelLA
01-16-2007, 03:30 PM
wtf???

Indeed!

trueD
01-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Good Gawd.

Behind door #1 is the dumb mom, door #2 is the couple who was smart enough to realize that their bought/stolen merchandise was being sought and turn "it" in and door #3 is hopefully extended family who may or may not have brain cells.

Hmmmmmmm.....

Poor kid.

When the rubber meets the road instead of the sperm, and it's too late to exterminate..., the best option is adoption.

Fillmoe
01-16-2007, 04:00 PM
i hope she doesnt get her kid back.........