PDA

View Full Version : how dare yall turn my forum into a ufc forum

chode_regulator
01-16-2007, 06:00 AM
bring back the nascar and golf and other shit
ufc isboring 99% ofthe time
every time a fight gets good the ref calls it

theres gotta be something newer and better otu there, or the refs need to start going back to the old days when they let people actually fight

maybe backyard wrestling will become mainstream....if only a reality show would come out on it on mtv......... :hungry: :greedy

IX_Equilibrium
01-16-2007, 10:02 AM
troll

LEONARD
01-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Nascar = boring
Golf = REALLY boring
early UFC = garbage
backyard wrestling = REALLY garbage
You = genius

cornbread
01-16-2007, 12:57 PM
If you really want to talk NASCAR then you should start some threads or invite some buddies over to the trailer for a few Lonestar tallboys. It just doesn't seem like there's much interest in that sport around here so quit your bitching.

Organized NHB competition predates NASCAR and golf. This isn't a new sport. Combat sports are the oldest sports in the world, besides running probably. Just because Spike TV first exposed you to the sport doesn't mean it's new. It's a new marketing initiative by one brand of mma, but the sport itself is not new.

The regulation of mma is a great thing and idiots like you who say shit like, "the refs need to start going back to the old days when they let people actually fight" should step in a ring or a cage and see how real it is. It takes a lot guts to do that. It doesn't take much to sit back at your keyboard and insult fighters and the sport that they and many others love.

spurs=bling
01-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Shut the fuck up, nascar is fucking boring.

chode_regulator
01-16-2007, 09:13 PM
If you really want to talk NASCAR then you should start some threads or invite some buddies over to the trailer for a few Lonestar tallboys. It just doesn't seem like there's much interest in that sport around here so quit your bitching.

Organized NHB competition predates NASCAR and golf. This isn't a new sport. Combat sports are the oldest sports in the world, besides running probably. Just because Spike TV first exposed you to the sport doesn't mean it's new. It's a new marketing initiative by one brand of mma, but the sport itself is not new.

The regulation of mma is a great thing and idiots like you who say shit like, "the refs need to start going back to the old days when they let people actually fight" should step in a ring or a cage and see how real it is. It takes a lot guts to do that. It doesn't take much to sit back at your keyboard and insult fighters and the sport that they and many others love.
first off start threads on nascar aboutwhat? preseason rumors and hearsay and stupid bullshit like nursing home age people trying to race at 200mph?

secondly combat sports arent really theo ldest sport bc back in the ancient days they werent really sports. at least not how we look at sports today. and spike was far from the first exposure i have of ufc. i remember watching that shit when i was a little kid. i just think its ridiculous how easily america is influenced by marketing schemes and how easy a new fad is born.
thirdly, why am i an idiot for expresing my opinion?
and lastly i never said i would nor have ever though of stepping into the octagon. yeah i will give those guys props. but at the same time it is alot different then it was in the 90's and ot deny that is ignorant.
i was in vegas in 05 when the title fight for the first ufc reality show was at the hard rock. i saw the winner and hte loser of the show literally within two hours of the fight ending and you couldnt even tell they had been in a fight at all. not even a scratch on their face.

oh yeah. almost forgot. shut the fuck up noobs.

cornbread
01-16-2007, 11:05 PM
first off start threads on nascar aboutwhat? preseason rumors and hearsay and stupid bullshit like nursing home age people trying to race at 200mph?

You're the one who came in here complaining that there were no golf or NASCAR threads so like I said before, start some threads or quit your bitching.

secondly combat sports arent really theo ldest sport bc back in the ancient days they werent really sports. at least not how we look at sports today.

Read up on Pankration and learn something about ancient Olympic Sports. BTW, who are you to say what a sport is and isn't? Especially when you're in here trying to pimp NASCAR and Golf.

and spike was far from the first exposure i have of ufc. i remember watching that shit when i was a little kid. i just think its ridiculous how easily america is influenced by marketing schemes and how easy a new fad is born.

Easy to market? It's taken over 10 years for mma/ufc fighters to have household names in America. A fan like you who's been watching since the beginning should realize that. And you shouldn't bitch about that anyways. Fighters are finally getting paid good amounts of money for the risk that they take in the ring/cage. MMA going mainstream is a good thing and long overdue.

thirdly, why am i an idiot for expresing my opinion?
and lastly i never said i would nor have ever though of stepping into the octagon. yeah i will give those guys props. but at the same time it is alot different then it was in the 90's and ot deny that is ignorant.
i was in vegas in 05 when the title fight for the first ufc reality show was at the hard rock. i saw the winner and hte loser of the show literally within two hours of the fight ending and you couldnt even tell they had been in a fight at all. not even a scratch on their face.

You're not an idiot because you expressed your opinion, you're an idiot because you say stupid shit like (statement A)"ufc isboring 99% ofthe time every time a fight gets good the ref calls it" and (statement B)"the refs need to start going back to the old days when they let people actually fight"

Statement A shows that you lack knowledge of technique. Let me guess, you hate it when they go to the ground. And the refs stop fights too early? Do you want to see somebody get killed or seriously injured?

Statement B implies that the fighters of today are somehow less than the fighters of yesterday. This is fucking insulting to the people who have the balls to go out there and put their asses on the line.

What the fuck does this even mean? I'm guessing that you not talking about Bonner and Griffin.

oh yeah. almost forgot. shut the fuck up noobs.

Noobs, huh? You think just because you convinced your mom to rent a UFC videotape when you were in fourth grade that you can go around calling people noobs? Some of us were watching those ppv's in the early to mid 90's had our hearts broken when the cable ban hit. You're nothing special so cool it with the "noob" shit.

LEONARD
01-17-2007, 09:16 AM

You can't be talking about Bonnar vs Griffin...

http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/12/12042.jpg
http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/12/12043.jpg
http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/12/12029.jpg

and if you're talking about the other title fight between Diego and Florian, then that was total domination for a couple minutes and not a good representation of how fights usually go. I'm sure Diego showed no damage, but I'm sure that Florian did show some even though it was a quick fight...

So did all of the people that Royce Gracie beat come out of the ring all beat up?? :lol

Old UFC = garbage with very few well conditioned & well rounded athletes
Current UFC = legit sport with elite athletes versed in all aspects of MMA

Maybe you should rent "Best of Backyard Wrestling" for some quality entertainment... :dizzy

DarkReign
01-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Sooooooo, MMA is not a sport, but NASCAR and Golf are.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

I didnt read much past that. Nascar...lol.

Rip-Hamilton32
01-17-2007, 04:18 PM
he must be fat because golf is the only sport fat people can play

Rip-Hamilton32
01-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Chode Regulator is going to snap your skinny midwestern neck with a move he learned on the taxpayers' dime

you talking about me lol? im not from the midwest and besides he could never catch me

SAtown
01-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Golf is not a sport. Nascar is not a sport.

DarkReign
01-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Golf is not a sport. Nascar is not a sport.

:tu

Mr Dio
01-20-2007, 03:43 PM
that tv wwe, who give s fu*k wew or wrfekdiufhf and piss acting wrestling is not a sport.
it is a bunch of steroid monkeys doing really really bad acting.

LEONARD
01-20-2007, 04:06 PM
You're not from the midwest? why do you like the Pissed-ons?

plus chode_regulator will just deploy black helicopters to hunt you down. if one breaks down, he can fix it

Is anybody else really confused?

Oscar DeLa
01-20-2007, 10:42 PM
I don't know what it is but...when you don't read the whole thread.......YOU GET CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!

Greg Oden
01-20-2007, 10:58 PM
that tv wwe, who give s fu*k wew or wrfekdiufhf and piss acting wrestling is not a sport.
it is a bunch of steroid monkeys doing really really bad acting.

it's actually called sports entertainment, dipshit. i'd bet all of my vbookie cash spike dudley could beat your ass.