PDA

View Full Version : Let's be Honest

GayForManu
01-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Our trade bait sucks.

We are fucking idiots for not pulling the trigger on Beno/Barry for Maggette. That goes without saying. If the Clips wanted those two scrubs we would have gotten a steal with that one.

But realisitically our trade bait is:
Barry-started hot and is now showing that he is inconsistent as his dunks from the free throw line now. We should have traded this guy 5 weeks ago when he was shooting lights out and teams wanted him.

Beno- a slow, turnover prone backup PG that is constantly in the dog house or injured. Other teams trust the decisions that Pop makes and when he doesn't trust a player, they will take that as a sign.

Bonner- was showing some real promise and then tore up his knee. expiring contract though

Williams-old scrub that just clears the books.

Obviously we don't trade Williams or Bonner unless we get one of two things, a young athletic player that can be a good addition to the team immediately or a veteran with an expiring contract.

Who can we actually make a trade for with these losers? We have to do something or we are out early this year.

TDMVPDPOY
01-16-2007, 08:26 AM
this is just gay

ibtl

boutons_
01-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Honestly, one trade mid-season for a Maggette isn't going to come anywhere near to solving the Spurs' problems.

kris
01-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Honestly, this post has already been recycled about 500 times over the last 30 days before you wrote it.

upTD
01-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Honestly, one trade mid-season for a Maggette isn't going to come anywhere near to solving the Spurs' problems.

so spurs should do nothing but wait go fishing?

Stephen A. Smith
01-16-2007, 09:55 AM
"Let's be honest" is a blatant rip off of "Quite frankly". You'll be hearing from my lawyers.

Mr. Body
01-16-2007, 10:20 AM
We are fucking idiots for not pulling the trigger on Beno/Barry for Maggette. That goes without saying. If the Clips wanted those two scrubs we would have gotten a steal with that one.

They didn't. They wanted: a veteran player, a young prospect, a first round pick. Why doesn't this get through people's thick skulls? They DID NOT just want Barry+Udrih.

Big Shot Rob
01-16-2007, 12:09 PM
I go back and forth on this issue.

Do we put a band aid on this team that may fail just to salvage a season which for all intents and purposes may be over before it really began?

Do we stay with who we have and face a possible first and/or a certain second round loss?

If we don't go for Maggette (assuming we could even get him in the first place)--or anyone else for that matter--what do we benefit in the off-season? Could Beno and Brent possibly improve their trade stock later in the season, permitting the FO to pull a trigger for something better in the off-season?

I hate to be a pessimist--

But I think our season will be a failure this year if it means getting the fourth ring and stopping the Mavs and the Suns in the playoffs.

Leetonidas
01-16-2007, 01:46 PM
No one actually said The Clippers would do it, only that they were intrigued.

Leetonidas
01-16-2007, 01:48 PM
And with a draft that shows so much promise, I want the Spurs to keep that pick and get some fucking youth. The Spurs have been trading away the first rounders and only drafting late in the 2nd, which is why we are an old team.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-16-2007, 01:51 PM

Obviously we don't trade Williams or Bonner unless we get one of two things, a young athletic player that can be a good addition to the team immediately or a veteran with an expiring contract.

What purpose would that serve?

Trading one expiring contract for another.