PDA

View Full Version : Which Owner/FO wants to win more...Cuban or Holt?

Fabbs
01-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Cuban pays 17 million per (51M overall) to ship Finley.
Spurs will not pay 3.5M to acquire Scola rights.

Cuban is simply richer?
Or Cuban wants to win more or lets his actions do the talkin?

Granted, Scola may not be the answer and may be limited trade bait, but trade bait nonetheless. As it is he sits and adds zero.

1-0 Cuban after last year no matter how you slice it.

nkdlunch
01-16-2007, 06:03 PM
more importantly, which coach wants to win more? Pop don't give a shit anymore

Kori Ellis
01-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Spurs will not pay 3.5M to acquire Scola rights.
Cuban is simply richer?
Or Cuban wants to win more or lets his actions do the talkin?

Granted, Scola may not be the answer and may be limited trade bait, but trade bait nonetheless. As it is he sits and adds zero.

1-0 Cuban after last year no matter how you slice it.

The Spurs can only pay $500K toward Scola's buyout. That's a league rule.

Spurminator
01-16-2007, 06:07 PM

Uh... Cuban was going to pay that whether he kept Finley or shipped him.

He saved money by shipping him.

Fabbs
01-16-2007, 06:12 PM
The Spurs can only pay $500K toward Scola's buyout. That's a league rule.
http://cbg.nohomers.net/images/cbgpapers.gif
Whatever price in buyout/salary combo needed to acquire Scola.
Either to play or to trade.

Fabbs
01-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Uh... Cuban was going to pay that whether he kept Finley or shipped him.

He saved money by shipping him.
You have a point there. He saved luxery tax.
Even so, i believe Cuban would spend 3.5M in the same situation in a heartbeat if it could benefit Dallas. Even a schooche.

Kori Ellis
01-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Whatever price in buyout/salary combo needed to acquire Scola.
Either to play or to trade.

With what money? The Spurs are over the salary cap. Even if they wanted to sign Scola for $5M a year right now today, they aren't allowed to do so.

TDMVPDPOY
01-16-2007, 06:18 PM
hasnt holt been making a profit over the years in the duncan era? :(:(

Kori Ellis
01-16-2007, 06:19 PM
hasnt holt been making a profit over the years in the duncan era? :(:(

I certainly hope so. Otherwise he should have sold his share a long time ago :lol

ChumpDumper
01-16-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't understand the point of the thread. Are you saying:

1) Be a mavfan

or

2) Sell the team to Cuban

Which is it?

Fabbs
01-16-2007, 06:33 PM
With what money? The Spurs are over the salary cap. Even if they wanted to sign Scola for $5M a year right now today, they aren't allowed to do so.
Says who? Dallas is way over arent they?

Fabbs
01-16-2007, 06:36 PM
I don't understand the point of the thread. Are you saying:

1) Be a mavfan

or

2) Sell the team to Cuban

Which is it?
For you to continue to save money and hopefully make it out of Kansas some day.

wildbill2u
01-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Cuban wants it more because he hasn't had a championship yet--and he can afford to pay more than any single individual person in San Antonio. We don't have anyone that super rich.

Kori Ellis
01-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Says who?

Says the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Dallas is way over arent they?

Sure. The Spurs are over too. But you have to go by the rules of the CBA to sign players. If the Spurs wanted to sign Scola right now, the most they could do is cut one of their players and sign him to a minimum contract. And a minimum contract isn't enough for him to afford to pay his buyout.

Fabbs
01-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Says the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Sure. The Spurs are over too. But you have to go by the rules of the CBA to sign players. If the Spurs wanted to sign Scola right now, the most they could do is cut one of their players and sign him to a minimum contract. And a minimum contract isn't enough for him to afford to pay his buyout.
Wow I thought it was each teams choice. I learned something.
Well, we surely can't cut Finley.
I think Cuban would find a way to figure this out.
Have some bank loan Scola the money against future earnings. Hope he makes it past his 1st year. Or can he only get the rookie minimum for 3 years? http://cbg.nohomers.net/images/newgrab6.gif

Texas_Ranger
01-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Every single owner in the NBA want's to win. So that is a very stupid question.

ArgSpursFan
01-16-2007, 06:53 PM
I really think that they should do something to bring Scola,no matter what it is.He is the best Euroleague player right now,and has been for the last three or four years,letīs give the guy a chance.+Horry or Elson are not being the answer for the team right now.

Fabbs
01-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Got some land to sell you in Florida. Used cars too. Also a Donald Sterling autographed Comic Book Store Guy book.

Fabbs
01-16-2007, 06:57 PM
I really think that they should do something to bring Scola,no matter what it is.He is the best Euroleague player right now,and has been for the last three or four years,letīs give the guy a chance.+Horry or Elson are not being the answer for the team right now.
Hey now the Spurs are 14-1 when Elson plays 20+ minutes.
But yes, bring Scola on or trade him. Don't let the draft pic go to waste.

Kori Ellis
01-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Have some bank loan Scola the money against future earnings. Hope he makes it past his 1st year. Or can he only get the rookie minimum for 3 years?

Well this summer, the Spurs will have the MLE (mid-level exception) available. And if they want to do so, they can choose to go even more over the cap and use it to sign Scola for up to about $5M/year.

But if you are talking about signing him right now, this season, the only thing they can do is cut a player and sign him for a minimum contract.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2007, 06:58 PM
For you to continue to save money and hopefully make it out of Kansas some day.As usual, that makes no sense.

LEONARD
01-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Cuban is the man... :fro

Extra Stout
01-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Have some bank loan Scola the money against future earnings. Hope he makes it past his 1st year. Or can he only get the rookie minimum for 3 years?
You almsot had a premise for a thread here, but with the bolded part, you have lapsed irretrievably into stupidity. Sorry.

FromWayDowntown
01-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Fabbs is right -- the Spurs should show us fans that they want to win by immediatley offering Fabricio Oberto and Beno Udrih 7-year extensions for the maximum. After all, a big payroll is pretty much the only sign that an owner is interested in winning.

dg7md
01-16-2007, 08:23 PM
The answer is obviously Cuban on who WANTS to win more.

Budkin
01-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Cuban obviously because he's never won before.

smdanss
01-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't like Cuban, but Cuban >>> Holt ! :p:

Amare_32
01-16-2007, 09:01 PM

James Dolan :lol
________
Honda XL250 specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_XL250)
________
Peach (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Peach/)

lefty
01-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Well, since Dallas has 0 championship, I say Cuban

Marcus Bryant
01-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Holt wanted to win badly before, but been, there done that. Been there, done that. Been there, done that. Also, you need to make a distinction between the basketball personnel in the FO and ownership.

dknights411
01-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Holt already has a nice trophy case, and Cuban's is still incomplete. Cuban definatly wants it more.

Fabbs
01-23-2007, 11:15 AM
From todays Ludden article:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA012307.webSpursMailbag.en.e1d7f46.html

Q. Since you're considering trade possibilities, how about an Udrih and Williams for Earl Watson trade with the Sonics?

He also still has close to $19 million left on his contract. Spurs officials have made it clear they don’t want to pay a backup point guard $6 million a season.

my2sons
01-23-2007, 11:59 PM
you tell her fabbs...and take this kori...oh ya..and i told you so...i guess the facts get in the of the truth where fabbs logic is concerned. and no i do not need earl watson with 19 million left on his contract they can keep him

johnpaulwall21
01-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Holts a greedy mo fo

Fabbs
01-24-2007, 12:27 AM
you tell her fabbs...and take this kori...oh ya..and i told you so...i guess the facts get in the of the truth where fabbs logic is concerned. and no i do not need earl watson with 19 million left on his contract they can keep him
Snugglin with beno?

Bob Lanier
01-24-2007, 12:55 AM
Yet another example of Holt's greed: letting long three Damir Markota slip through your fingers for pocket change.

D. Markota 07:36 3-4 2-2 0-0 0 1 1 0 2 0 0 0 8

Damir wins championships.