PDA

View Full Version : League Passers....nice game brewing in Dal right now..

Timmy!
01-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Hou 76 Dal 79

DieMrBond
01-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Yikes, Tmac with 41 (and counting)

baseline bum
01-16-2007, 10:42 PM
The only good Dallas games are the ones they lose by 25.

Timmy!
01-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Damn.....Dal on a run now. Hoping for another TMAC 15 pt in 15 seconds miracle.

sribb43
01-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Believe it or not Devean George this the reason why the mavs turned this game around with his play in the 3rd quarter

Mr. Body
01-16-2007, 11:06 PM
I wonder if Dallas can keep this up. Everyone's like butter in their path.

SenorSpur
01-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Folks, living in Dallas I see more than my share of Mavs games. It pains me for what I'm about to say. The Mavs are demonstrating the attributes of a great team. They're deep, talented, relentless on the glass, and well-coached. Plus AJ has instilled a mental toughness that allows them to win games - even when they're not playing well.

For instance, they tinkered around practically all game long against an upstart Toronto team on the road this past Sunday. Trailed the Raptors for all of 46 minutes only to win it in the final minute. A game the Mavs clearly deserved to lose. Most recently, they have won tough games versus Utah, Indiana of course, tonight versus Houston

This is what great teams do. This is what the Spurs USED to do. I'm upset that FO has arrogantly sat back and allowed it to come to this. They've sat back and allowed this roster to age. Consequently, the balance of power in the West has now shifted from the Spurs to the Mavs.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
01-16-2007, 11:26 PM
final score Dal 109 Hou 96

ponky
01-16-2007, 11:30 PM
devean george is an awesome pickup, i love that guy! yes, it was a nice game indeed however by the end of the game (last two minutes) t-mac was taken out of the game and lying on the floor so if his back was troubling him, i'm sorry because they play the suns tomorrow night

ponky
01-16-2007, 11:33 PM
I wonder if Dallas can keep this up. Everyone's like butter in their path.

no, not like butter...we have won many games but it's not like they have been easy peasy blowouts, we've had to find a way to win some of these tough games. i think it's good though because it gives the mavs many different ways to find a way to beat teams rather than just racking up points and hoping for the best as in the past. rockets just relied on t-mac's hot shooting and then when they tried to get others involved, it was too late because they had no rhythm

SoCal Lakeshow
01-16-2007, 11:44 PM
devean george is an awesome pickup, i love that guy!
Glad Bubba found a home. :spin

Mr. Body
01-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Folks, living in Dallas I see more than my share of Mavs games. It pains me for what I'm about to say. The Mavs are demonstrating the attributes of a great team. They're deep, talented, relentless on the glass, and well-coached. Plus AJ has instilled a mental toughness that allows them to win games - even when they're playing well.

For instance, they tinkered around practically all game long against an upstart Toronto team on the road this past Sunday. Trailed the Raptors for all of 46 minutes only to win it in the final minute. Most recently, they have won tough games versus Utah, Indiana of course, tonight versus Houston

This is what great teams do. This is what the Spurs USED to do. I'm upset that FO has arrogantly sat back and allowed it to come to this. They've sat back and allowed this roster to age. Consequently, the balance of power in the West has now shifted from the Spurs to the Mavs.

I don't know why people on this board aren't recognizing this. The Mavs right now are easily a championship team. They look poised, talented, and determined the way the Spurs did in 2003 and 2005. This looks like their year.

leemajors
01-16-2007, 11:59 PM
i can't believe this game wasn't on nbatv.

boutons_
01-17-2007, 12:00 AM
A valiant effort on the road by the Rockets,
lucky that Tracy's shots were falling,
but the like they do so often,
the Mavs brought the hammer down in the 4th.

The Mavs are playing way over everybody's heads this season they way the Pistons were last season.

Spurs suck. :)

SoCal Lakeshow
01-17-2007, 12:02 AM
They were showing the Magic/Hornets game. Which actually turned out to be a very good one. Hornets won in OT.

Timmy!
01-17-2007, 12:02 AM
simply put....Mavs and Suns are hungrier than other teams. Mavs more so since they were in the finals last year.

that hunger is what's seems to be missing with SAS. I guess it's hard to motivate after 3 championships..but what do i know.

Extra Stout
01-17-2007, 12:03 AM
I don't know why people on this board aren't recognizing this. The Mavs right now are easily a championship team. They look poised, talented, and determined the way the Spurs did in 2003 and 2005. This looks like their year.
The Suns aren't exactly chopped liver themselves. It should be an epic WCF between those two barring injury or major upset.

We live in a world now where the Mavs probably would be crossing their fingers to get the Spurs in the second round, as opposed to a team like the Rockets that might really test them.

ponky
01-17-2007, 12:05 AM

i absolutely hate games on nbatv for two reasons:

1. stupid sound effects are annoying, all these "swoooshes" and "swishes" and "ziiiiiiiips"

2. you see the scores of all the other games constantly unless you block it out with something in front of the bottom of the tv...for people that have league pass and tivo, it's a waste of money, i record the other games to watch after the one on nbatv

SoCal Lakeshow
01-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Everybody talking about WCF matchups are getting way ahead of themselves. The West is way to strong to take anything for granted.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-17-2007, 12:07 AM

1. stupid sound effects are annoying, all these "swoooshes" and "swishes" and "ziiiiiiiips"

2. you see the scores of all the other games constantly unless you block it out with something in front of the bottom of the tv...for people that have league pass and tivo, it's a waste of money, i record the other games to watch after the one on nbatv
Yeah the stupid graphics on the bottom are the worst. Takes up almost half the screen.

ponky
01-17-2007, 12:09 AM
The Suns aren't exactly chopped liver themselves. It should be an epic WCF between those two barring injury or major upset.

We live in a world now where the Mavs probably would be crossing their fingers to get the Spurs in the second round, as opposed to a team like the Rockets that might really test them.

so many teams make my pulse race on gameday...i don't know right now who i'd want the mavs to see...rockets look ok but as long as we have HCA it shouldn't be a big problem, terrible road record, although the 7 game series we played against them two seasons back was so much fun...lakers and suns look great and of course the spurs are great too, i still think it's the most interesting matchup

it will be interesting to see how well t-mac plays on a btb tomorrow against another good team. he didn't look so good at the end of the game and this could be a factor in the playoffs

Timmy!
01-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Everybody talking about WCF matchups are getting way ahead of themselves. The West is way to strong to take anything for granted.

True dat...way too early. Remeber Lakers 3-peat run? They were pretty shitty team during the reg season but put it all together when it counted.

leemajors
01-17-2007, 12:13 AM

i don't usually listen to commentators on nbatv, and i don't care to get league pass anymore. plus, if you have league pass, nbatv is free...

SoCal Lakeshow
01-17-2007, 12:15 AM
True dat...way too early. Remeber Lakers 3-peat run? They were pretty shitty team during the reg season but put it all together when it counted.
I can see multiple teams playing in the WCF's. But I still have to say Dallas and S.A. are favorites, but depending on the health of Houston they could sneak in. I'm still waiting on the Suns, they have some big games coming up. Gotta win those first. And who knows how good AI and Carmelo will be. Damn way to many good teams out there.