PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting to the game? Donate tickets to me! :D

MannyIsGod
01-16-2007, 11:27 PM
If anyone feels they won't be able to make it to the game tomorrow, I just want you to know that I will accept your tickets. I will brave the cold so you don't have to. Thats what I'm willing to do for YOU. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gif

SequSpur
01-16-2007, 11:52 PM
whatever, you going to wear your mittens?

Das Texan
01-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Hell I'm in town.

I could be convinced to help out a fellow Spur fan as well.

angel_luv
01-17-2007, 12:18 AM
You guys are too kind. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Please give your tickets to Manny...if something happens to him, I get his TV!

ShoogarBear
01-17-2007, 01:39 AM
A mix of wintry precipation will become becoming lighter and intermittent late. Cold. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 70%.

GMAFB.

spurschick
01-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Manny, check your PMs.

SequSpur
01-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Wtf?

veronicamae
01-17-2007, 03:08 PM
GMAFB.

i agree - i'm a native north dakotan and the hoopla over this weather is crazy.

however - it caused my electricity to go out at 7:30 pm last night and i STILL have no power at home today - and they have no idea when it will be back on. :(

Medvedenko
01-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Pussies in San An...seriously it's close to freezing...big fricken deal. I guess living in Canada most of my life and dealing with sub freezing temperatures is nothing too worry about. It's -5c here today and it's seasonal....

SequSpur
01-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Pussies in San An...seriously it's close to freezing...big fricken deal. I guess living in Canada most of my life and dealing with sub freezing temperatures is nothing too worry about. It's -5c here today and it's seasonal....

meet me on the corner of military and zarzamora and I'll show you my pussy beyitch.

Medvedenko
01-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Fighting words from a midget...seriously though, what's the normal temperature for this time of year in your area.

Leetonidas
01-17-2007, 03:19 PM
When it ever gets 95 degrees up there and you're complaining it's too hot, we'll be saying "pussies in Canada. That weather ain't shit." :lol

Leetonidas
01-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Fighting words from a midget...seriously though, what's the normal temperature for this time of year in your area.
Probably in the low to mid 40's.

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 03:23 PM

Pick up a map and look where San Antonio is located. It doesn't get that cold here very often dumbass

King
01-17-2007, 03:28 PM
It has more to do with the ice all over the roads than the actual temperature, fellas.

LEONARD
01-17-2007, 03:33 PM
I can only imagine how bad the drivers are in SA when it's icy...I just thought they were bad here!!

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 03:34 PM
It has more to do with the ice all over the roads than the actual temperature, fellas.
temperature facilitates ice forming on roads... but you are correct there Mr. King

leemajors
01-17-2007, 03:35 PM
I can only imagine how bad the drivers are in SA when it's icy...I just thought they were bad here!!

yeah all my friends that are originally from up north feel comfortable driving around on the ice but are scared of Texas drivers in icy conditions :lol

MannyIsGod
01-17-2007, 03:35 PM
I can only imagine how bad the drivers are in SA when it's icy...I just thought they were bad here!!They're bad everywhere when its icy. There isn't a place in the world where people drive well on the ice. Ice is not snow. There is no traction to be had. And then you factor in that no one here has winter tires.....

Someone else will have to do the ticket accepting. My ass got sick going outside too much yesterday. Perhaps SequSpur is willing to risk his life so that you don't have to.

Medvedenko
01-17-2007, 03:44 PM
I understand geographically that Texans are not capable of handling sub 0 temperatures. I lived in Toronto, so the heat I understand...especially the humidity. Now, the cold on the other hand.....

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 03:51 PM
yeah all my friends that are originally from up north feel comfortable driving around on the ice but are scared of Texas drivers in icy conditions :lol

Up north the ice and snow are for months at a time, so the municipalities and state invest money and time to plan for fixing the roads (salt, snow plows, etc.). This weather is too rare here in Texas for it to be worth spending already severely limited funds on fixing icy roads. That's why the driving is bad - you pretty much have to drive 20 mph and under to navigate an icy road safely. People get impatient

leemajors
01-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Up north the ice and snow are for months at a time, so the municipalities and state invest money and time to plan for fixing the roads (salt, snow plows, etc.). This weather is too rare here in Texas for it to be worth spending already severely limited funds on fixing icy roads. That's why the driving is bad - you pretty much have to drive 20 mph and under to navigate an icy road safely. People get impatient

I agree, it's not worth dishing out funds to a situation that rarely occurs. it amazes me that going to work on icy roads this morning at 30 mph people were flying by me at 60. totally brainless.

ashbeeigh
01-17-2007, 04:37 PM
My roommate and I would never leave an empty seat at the att center. She can even drive in ice.

spurschick
01-17-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm starting to wonder if I should brave it. I don't know if getting there is as much of a concern as what I'll be faced with driving home.

MannyIsGod
01-17-2007, 04:40 PM
You'll be fine Mel. The streets are all warming up now and the ice is melting. I wonder if they'll have a falling ice problem at the AT&T, but I'm pretty sure that you'll be fine getting home.

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm starting to wonder if I should brave it. I don't know if getting there is as much of a concern as what I'll be faced with driving home.
From the games I've been to at ATT Center - it's dicey trying to get home without someone bumping your car on a perfectly dry, clear night. On ice I'd imagine it's going to be bumper cars.

ShoogarBear
01-17-2007, 05:04 PM
i agree - i'm a native north dakotan and the hoopla over this weather is crazy.

however - it caused my electricity to go out at 7:30 pm last night and i STILL have no power at home today - and they have no idea when it will be back on. :(Actually, last night I called my Dad in SA to see how he was doing. Well, when he answered he was out in the car driving, because he had to pick up my cousin who had to leave his rig overnight because IH10 was closed.

My Dad was happy to chat but I'm not comfortable with him on a cell phone and driving when the weather is good, so I got off real quick.