PDA

View Full Version : Best college game of the year

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 12:03 AM
I just witnessed the best game of the year and maybe the last 2-3 yrs.

Ok St wins on a 3 pointer over UT with 3 secs left in the 3rd OT by Mario Boggan. 105-103

The whole game was awesome with huge shots made one after another.

Ok St has to have a letdown after that and that bodes well for the Aggies, who play them Sat night.

:smokin

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 12:07 AM
The Cowboys' Eaton made an unbelievable shot for a 3 as he chased an errant pass to the halfcourt line as the shot clock was going to expire, as he threw the ball over his shoulder in desperation and it swished.

That was just one of many many great shots made in this game.

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Who needs the NBA, when I have this to watch.

:)

SoCal Lakeshow
01-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Best college game I've seen in awhile.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Who needs the NBA, when I have this to watch.

The true reason behind the 1 year in college rule for the NBA.

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Durrant is going to be the best player in college if he stays 2 yrs, and will be the #1 draft pick in 08, no doubt about it.

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Boggan scores 37 points, lifts Ok. St. over Texas in 3OT
Photo Wire

Texas guard Justin Mason, back, and Oklahoma State Terrel Harris struggle for a loose ball during the first half of an NCAA college basketball game in Stillwater, Okla., Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2007. (AP Photo/Brody Schmidt)

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) -- Mario Boggan set career highs with 37 points and 20 rebounds and hit the game-winning 3-pointer with 3.2 seconds left in the third overtime to lift Oklahoma State (No. 14 ESPN/USA Today, No. 12 AP) to a 105-103 victory over Texas (No. 23 ESPN/USA Today, No. 21 AP) on Tuesday night.

Kevin Durant, the Big 12's leading scorer and rebounder, put Texas on top with a three-point play with 10.5 seconds left, but there was still time for Boggan.

He took the ensuing inbounds pass near midcourt and fought through defenders to launch a 3 from the left wing. He fell to the floor and was joined by celebrating teammates after Texas' A.J. Abrams was called for traveling with 0.2 seconds left to clinch the win for the Cowboys.

Boggans entered the game 5-for-33 from 3-point range this season.

JamesOn Curry added 28 points and nine rebounds, Terrel Harris scored 16 points and Byron Eaton had 11 for Oklahoma State (16-2, 2-1 Big 12), which also won a double-overtime game against Pittsburgh earlier this season.

Durant, a freshman, tied his career best with 37 points for the Longhorns (13-4, 3-1).

· TEXAS OKLAHOMA STATE
Points 103 105
FG Made-Attempted 35-88 (.398) 39-82 (.476)
3P Made-Attempted 12-33 (.364) 8-21 (.381)
FT Made-Attempted 21-29 (.724) 19-28 (.679)
Fouls (Tech/Flagrant) 24 (0/0) 22 (0/0)
Largest Lead 7 6
Game Leaders
TEXAS OKLAHOMA STATE
Points K. Durant 37 M. Boggan 37
Rebounds K. Durant 12 M. Boggan 19
· Team stats: Texas | Oklahoma State

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Most of the 3s made in this game were in the 3 OTs, before that, they missed a lot of them....the game got really good in the last 8 mins of regulation and just kept getting better and better.

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 12:17 AM
The funny thing is, even though Mario Boggan was the leading scorer for Ok St, he was a terrible shooter from downtown, prior to the game winner. I think he was 15% or something like that....but he was wonderful in every aspect of the game tonight....I can not wait to see him on Sat.....Jones and AK will have their hands full guarding him.

Horry For 3!
01-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Durrant is going to be the best player in college if he stays 2 yrs, and will be the #1 draft pick in 08, no doubt about it.
I can't see Durant staying another year but if he does, that would be bad ass for Texas.

tlongII
01-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Terrific game. Durant will be the 2nd pick in this summer's draft. He may be as valuable as Oden. That kid is an absolutely clutch player.

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 12:19 AM
How did Duke ever let Boggan get out of Durham NC, his hometown????

SrA Husker
01-17-2007, 12:20 AM
This game was good, given, but does it really need 3 threads?

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 12:22 AM
Terrific game. Durant will be the 2nd pick in this summer's draft. He may be as valuable as Oden. That kid is an absolutely clutch player.

Too bad, I wish players had to play at least 2 yrs before going pro, as the college game is just so much more exciting than the NBA, and if the talents like Durrant had to play till they were 20, then it would be even better.

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 12:23 AM
This game was good, given, but does it really need 3 threads?

If we can have threads talking about how unattractive a player is such as Noah of Florida, then...................................

this should have 10 threads.

:toast

LaMarcus Bryant
01-17-2007, 12:25 AM
Funny how they did not show a replay of that final jump ball on abrams.

Abrams is a huge reason we lost, missed many wide open threes. Matt hill, JD lewis all did the typical white guy thing. Connor played solid. Good showing by the team as a whole but way too many turnovers.

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 12:28 AM
Funny how they did not show a replay of that final jump ball on abrams.

Abrams is a huge reason we lost, missed many wide open threes. Matt hill, JD lewis all did the typical white guy thing. Connor played solid. Good showing by the team as a whole but way too many turnovers.

Yes, Abrams had an off night shooting, but he did have some steals and made some nice passes.

RonMexico
01-17-2007, 01:01 AM
As much as I love the Ags and the Suns, this game was even better than the Suns-Nets game this year and the A&M-UT game last year... seriously one of the best games I've seen since the Gonzaga-Arizona tourney game in 2003.

It was awesome - I'm still on a high from it... I wish I would have recorded it... wonder if Suns could swing Durant with that pick the get from Atlanta this year?

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 01:26 AM
I think Durant will be the best 3 in the NBA in a few years. This was the best game in a long time, and it gives our freshman some much needed prime time pressure experience.

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 09:57 AM
I think Durant will be the best 3 in the NBA in a few years. This was the best game in a long time, and it gives our freshman some much needed prime time pressure experience.

3? Hell he can play the 2, and be a total freak at that position. I assumed at 6'9" he was a 4, and JJ would be able to slow him down, but no way can he stay with him, and Kirk is too short, Carter is to skinny....I do not know who will guard him. :dramaquee

I watched MJ play as a Freshman, and this kid is miles ahead of him at this stage. Durrant can be better than Kobe, KG and MJ, if he improves and adds some muscle(he will). To average 34 pts/game in the Big 12 is unheard of, as this is a conference that stresses D, and it is usually very hard to score that many points one game, much less 4 games. Come to think of it, I do not remember anyone averaging that many pts in the Big 12 for the season.

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 10:24 AM
The kid can play 3 positions, but I believe he would be best used as a SF. I would tank the season just to have the big shot at getting him or Oden.

ok, not really... but can you imagine a lineup next season that included TD, Manu, TP, and Durant?

Fillmoe
01-17-2007, 10:27 AM
http://resized.filevend.com/anon/vbtNdQMm.gif

fiend off of that you fuckaz

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 10:28 AM
The kid can play 3 positions, but I believe he would be best used as a SF. I would tank the season just to have the big shot at getting him or Oden.

Well, TD, Manu and Parker need to sit out the rest of the season somehow in order to get the worst record. Maybe they can sit out in protest to the war.

Seriously, that will be the only way SA will ever win another championship, is to win the lottery again like they did to get DRob and TD, and get some spectacular player who can carry them to another level. They have no shot if they stay where they are, as far as their current roster

MajorMike
01-17-2007, 10:33 AM
You guys do realize that OSU had lost 2 starters to fouls, another was sick, not to mention the one that is out with a broken ankle.

We played the final the final 6 minutes of regulation and all 3 overtimes with a walk-on on the court.

Fillmoe
01-17-2007, 10:34 AM
You guys do realize that OSU had lost 2 starters to fouls, another was sick, not to mention the one that is out with a broken ankle.

We played the final the final 6 minutes of regulation and all 3 overtimes with a walk-on on the court.

excuses are for losers

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 11:35 AM
excuses are for losers

umm, they won the game.

BTW, that "walkon" made some great plays especially that layup in traffic where he got hit hard.

His point was, they won with a diminished lineup....impressive.

Seriously, OSU had to win this game, they got blown out at Kansas, they could not go to College Station on a 2 game losing streak.

johngateswhiteley
01-17-2007, 11:39 AM
i saw a majority of it at the bar last night, great game. glad osu won...will mean more when we beat them in a few days.

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 11:47 AM
i saw a majority of it at the bar last night, great game. glad osu won...will mean more when we beat them in a few days.

Billy Gillespie loved this game, because you know and I know that the Aggies would not have taken OSU nearly as seriously had they lost to UT after being blown out at Kansas. Now they will have the Ag's full attention.

Reed Arena will be electric on Sat night and I will be pumped up bigtime. Game of the year, thus far.

tlongII
01-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Did you guys see their coach Sean (sp?) Sutton almost faint? That was kind of strange. His assistants had to hold him up so he wouldn't collapse.

johngateswhiteley
01-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Billy Gillespie loved this game, because you know and I know that the Aggies would not have taken OSU nearly as seriously had they lost to UT after being blown out at Kansas. Now they will have the Ag's full attention.

Reed Arena will be electric on Sat night and I will be pumped up bigtime. Game of the year, thus far.

i agree. its amazing to me the Aggs play fluctuates as it does, sometimes. but they never lay an egg against good teams, so i am very happy osu won cause it 'should' guarantee a great effort from the A&M.

...looking forward to it.

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Did you guys see their coach Sean (sp?) Sutton almost faint? That was kind of strange. His assistants had to hold him up so he wouldn't collapse.

Yes, but it was reported before the game that Sean had slipped on the ice and hit his head the day before, so it is possible that he had a concussion.

He should get it checked out though.

Jimcs50
01-17-2007, 01:02 PM
i agree. its amazing to me the Aggs play fluctuates as it does, sometimes. but they never lay an egg against good teams, so i am very happy osu won cause it 'should' guarantee a great effort from the A&M.

...looking forward to it.

Yes, against Baylor and Colorado, they took almost the whole game to wake up and decide to play. I really think Billy was pissed off after the Colorado game and probably worked the hell out of them all this week....I am sure the Aggies will be dying to play a game instead of practice with an angry Gillespie running the crap out of them.

:lol

MajorMike
01-17-2007, 05:21 PM
excuses are for losers

Nice try lamer.

Fillmoe
01-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Nice try lamer.

i tried........