PDA

View Full Version : insert James White

phxspurfan
01-17-2007, 12:18 AM
we need him -- ready or not.

FromWayDowntown
01-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Why? What if he comes to the Spurs and is all of the worst parts of all the players you hate? What then?

What is the infatuation with rushing a kid who: (1) couldn't make the Indiana Pacers' roster out of camp (for whatever reason); and (2) isn't seen by Spurs coaches as being ready for prime time. I'm guessing that all of the people responsible for those decisions know substantially more about NBA readiness than pretty much everyone in this forum.

If there's some specific reason that you think he'll be useful to the Spurs, by all means, tell me. But until I hear a specific reason (other than that he's just different) I'm not buying that James White solves any problem that this team has.

Dre_7
01-17-2007, 12:54 AM
White is not that good. He can jump really high though!

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 01:56 AM
Why would we need him if he's not ready?

ShoogarBear
01-17-2007, 01:58 AM
Because the team's not ready either. It's a perfect fit!

midgetonadonkey
01-17-2007, 02:04 AM
I think if posters on an internet forum think he's good enough than he is. Damn what coaches, scouts and other NBA personnel think.

rayray2k8
01-17-2007, 02:23 AM
damn.. we tanking the season already??

AFE7FATMAN
01-17-2007, 02:37 AM
White is not that good. He can jump really high though!

great, maybe he could haul-in a rebound or two. :lol

midgetonadonkey
01-17-2007, 02:38 AM

So you are looking for someone that can only pull in 2 rebounds??

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 04:25 AM
White got a piss-poor review for his first game in the D-League showcase from Draft Express.

TDMVPDPOY
01-17-2007, 04:35 AM
i say we give him PT, this team is still workin things out......

same with butler, if the mavs allowed diop to play his first when he came to the mavs, i see no reason butler cant who imo probably has more upside on offense....

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 04:38 AM
Yeah, that was the worst I had seen him play FWIW. All the Toros looked pretty fatigued. We'll see if they do any better today at 11 on NBAtv.

polandprzem
01-17-2007, 05:19 AM
Spurs won't give him playing time only because he could accidently win one game for the spurs.

As far as spurs tanking they won't give the kid a chance

Dre_7
01-17-2007, 05:42 AM

He also sucks at D. He makes Michael Finley and Brent Barry look like Ron Artest and Bruce Bowen.

phxspurfan
01-17-2007, 04:34 PM
they won't give the kid a chance

Thats exactly what too many NBA teams do these days.

AFBlue
01-17-2007, 04:37 PM
He also sucks at D. He makes Michael Finley and Brent Barry look like Ron Artest and Bruce Bowen.

I thought his defense was a "strength" in scouting reports? Plus, isn't it hard to judge his on-the-ball D if he's zoning up most of the time?

Where'd you get that he sucks on D?

T Park
01-17-2007, 04:37 PM
:lmao @ the stupidity

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 04:39 PM
He played horribly the past two games.

polandprzem
01-17-2007, 04:41 PM
:lmao @ the stupidity

You dicovered it in yourself?

AFBlue
01-17-2007, 04:48 PM
He played horribly the past two games.

Proving that he's young and inconsistent, which is better than what the Spurs currently have...old and inconsistent.

I'm only half-kidding. Clearly this kid isn't ready for the NBA, but it's honestly tough to say whether the Spurs are better off with two aging veterans who perform exactly the same function.

phxspurfan
01-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Ok -- to shift the thread in a new direction:

Do we all think the Spurs, with their current roster and everyone healthy, will change drastically by April? Will this team "figure it out" and respond to the adversity that surrounds them? What will be the catalyst? I would venture a guess that once Finley gets his shooting touch back with the old ball, we should start to look a lot better. By that time, if Manu stays healthy, he and Oberto will be a good tandem and we could survive by placing them on the floor with the following lineup:

C: TD
PF: Oberto
SF: Bowen
SG: Finley
PG: Tony, with Manu as the early sub

and our bench would consist of

1st in: Manu (as above)
2nd in: Elson, to rest Oberto or relieve TD should he run into foul trouble
3rd in: Horry (until the playoffs, when he would be 1st or 2nd in)
4th/etc: Barry for Finley or Bowen

Left out: Beno, JV (unless we decide we need a designated backup PG)

keys here are to leave one ball handler in at all times (parker manu or barry) and have a separate, fourth-quarter lineup of TD, Horry, Bowen, Manu and TP

Bonner would be our wild card in addition to Manu, when he returns.

Your thoughts?

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 04:54 PM
I don't think the team will change a whole lot, phx. They may swing a trade to get under the luxury tax using Eric Williams or something, but that's about it.

Otherwise, for personnel change, look to the summer.

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 04:56 PM
I wonder if White will make it back on the Spurs next summer. There are a handful of good SF prospects that may come available in the draft, even relatively low. A guy like Marcus Dove isn't even on draft boards at all, and he gave Durant some trouble vs. OSU last night, before fouling out. I'd take a Marcus Dove over James White in a heartbeat.

Sam
01-17-2007, 05:40 PM
People are just wanting his sorry ass to play so they can bitch and whine when he doesn't make it in the dunk contest after playing in one game.

phxspurfan
01-17-2007, 11:32 PM
insert james white. he is the next tayshaun prince.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Did you see the last two Toro games?

phxspurfan
01-17-2007, 11:44 PM
heh no. i know he has sucked