PDA

View Full Version : Official play Eric Williams thread

George Gervin's Afro
01-17-2007, 01:33 PM
why not the guy produces every time he is in the game and he is a legit 6'8. Could his time on the court make anything worse? With our injuries I say give the guy some consistent playing time.. any thoughts?

T_MONEY_TX
01-17-2007, 01:38 PM
He gots a good 3 point shot.

VaSpursFan
01-17-2007, 01:54 PM
he's got decent moves in the post too. i hope pop gives him some burn, i think he has a little something left in the tank

bigfundamental21
01-17-2007, 02:48 PM
At this point, we need any spark we can get from the bench. Since, the other bench players are not bringing it, why not give Eric a chance.

ambchang
01-17-2007, 02:56 PM
I would love to see Eric Williams more. In fact, when the trade went down, I actually thought FO was targeting Williams and not Bonner.
Williams have decent offensive moves, have range, and can defend better than any perimeter player the Spurs have outside of Bowen, so it makes NO sense not to play him consistent minutes.

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 02:56 PM
I never thought this season would get to a "play Eric Williams" thread. That's terrible.

George Gervin's Afro
01-17-2007, 03:05 PM
I never thought this season would get to a "play Eric Williams" thread. That's terrible.

sad isn't it

:cry

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Actually, I always thought there were situations where Williams might be able to help out, but it seems Pop has already made up his mind.

Play him, trade him or waive him.

T Park
01-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Williams would've worked perfect VS Dallas.

Also would've fit good vs Atlanta and other teams.

AFBlue
01-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Fans on this forum wanted just as bad for Pop to play Vaughn more. In his limited time he's been just as inconsistent as Beno, except that his offense has been atrocious. Take that as a lesson: The grass ISN'T always greener on the other side.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Everyone knows that Vaughn has no offense. His defense and decision making are what got him time over Beno. I'd still rather play Vaughn at this point.

George Gervin's Afro
01-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Fans on this forum wanted just as bad for Pop to play Vaughn more. In his limited time he's been just as inconsistent as Beno, except that his offense has been atrocious. Take that as a lesson: The grass ISN'T always greener on the other side.

Well we were able to see this first hand with Vaughn however could playing Williams make things any worse? We won't know until he actually gets a chance to play.. we are -6-7 for our last 13 games andI have to think back to pre 1999 to ever rememeber a worst stretch for the Spurs..

AFBlue
01-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Everyone knows that Vaughn has no offense. His defense and decision making are what got him time over Beno. I'd still rather play Vaughn at this point.

He's still turnover prone and his "defense" is more accurately described as "energy". Just because he runs up and down the court doesn't mean he stops his man from scoring.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-17-2007, 05:04 PM
*SSSSHHHHHHH!!!* That CIA Pop is at it again!

Don't reveal the secret weapon people!

AFBlue
01-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Well we were able to see this first hand with Vaughn however could playing Williams make things any worse? We won't know until he actually gets a chance to play.. we are -6-7 for our last 13 games andI have to think back to pre 1999 to ever rememeber a worst stretch for the Spurs..

I'm just saying, be careful what you ask for. He has looked decent in short stretches, but what if that is a farse.

Say he gets playing time and performs decently enough that the Spurs think twice about unloading his contract for someone else. Are you really going to trust his play in the short term for him to be a key factor in the playoff run?

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 05:07 PM
He's still turnover prone and his "defense" is more accurately described as "energy". Just because he runs up and down the court doesn't mean he stops his man from scoring.Nah, he playes better D than Beno. That's all.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm just saying, be careful what you ask for. He has looked decent in short stretches, but what if that is a farse.

Say he gets playing time and performs decently enough that the Spurs think twice about unloading his contract for someone else. Are you really going to trust his play in the short term for him to be a key factor in the playoff run?Why not? Any improvement from Finley or Barry is probably going to be short term too, so what's the difference?

AFBlue
01-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Why not? Any improvement from Finley or Barry is probably going to be short term too, so what's the difference?

Hey, you'll get no disagreement from me that any of the three mentioned are inconsistent. That's why I made the remark in the James White thread about him at least being YOUNG and inconsistent.

I'm a big proponent of the "trade him" idea...just don't know what the Spurs get in return (backup pg, rebounding?).

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 06:07 PM
We couldn't trade James White for anything more than garbage. I don't think he sweetens any potential deals either. At least let him go in the dunk contest in a Spurs jersey - that's about as useful as he is going to be for the Spurs any time this decade

SequSpur
01-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I am all for Williams playing, I am sick of the other shit bags Pop plays.

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 06:12 PM
We couldn't trade James White for anything more than garbage. I don't think he sweetens any potential deals either. At least let him go in the dunk contest in a Spurs jersey - that's about as useful as he is going to be for the Spurs any time this decade

I basically agree, although I think he can be a good defender. I do think he could be worth popping up some spots in the 2nd round somewhere.

I'm starting the Marcus Dove bandwaggon right now. No offense, pure defense. Strong and physical, athletic, at times kind of mean. Gave Durant some trouble.

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 06:15 PM
A Marcus Dove that learns to stay out of foul trouble would be a great addition. He's just the kind of guy to go overlooked in the draft as well.

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Marcus Dove BANDWAGON IN EFFECT! He has all the tools to be a monster defender.

peskypesky
01-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Williams was having a stellar game against the Bucks a few weeks ago, and Pop decided to reward him by sitting him on the bench for the fourth. We lost the game.

Poopavitch is a shit-for-brains. He should be playing Eric Williams more and I also think he should be giving Jackie Butler some minutes. You never know when we'll need him because of an injury to someone else, and if he has no minutes?

ambchang
01-17-2007, 07:31 PM
The 99 season actually started terribly(was it 6-8 after 14 games?), people were asking for Pop's head. It turned out pretty good, I'd say

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 07:32 PM
They are paying the dude...see what he's got.

Also....is Jackie Butler still playing himself into shape?

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 07:32 PM
(was it 6-8 after 14 games?)

Yes.