PDA

View Full Version : Another Barry trade rumor.

yavozerb
01-17-2007, 03:06 PM
The Spurs have been trying to move Brent Barry, but the Pistons don't appear to have much interest there -- mostly because it would cost them Antonio McDyess.
-- Detroit News

This was on cnn/si nba rumor site today..

PM5K
01-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Why would we want to replace an old fucker with another old fucker?

I hope that's a rumor...

yavozerb
01-17-2007, 03:21 PM
I wasnt to excited when I read about it either!!Not sure what other pieces were involved?

Leetonidas
01-17-2007, 03:21 PM
BS

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Maybe we could get Nazr back!

:shootme

VaSpursFan
01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
CIA pop...deflecting attention from his real trade target.

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 03:24 PM
CIA pop...deflecting attention from his real trade target.

... which is nothing.

"CIA Pop" is overrated.

yavozerb
01-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Seriously, if these are rumors concerning barry and other trade offers then Maggette looks like a young michael jordan and the spurs should make that trade today!!

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Seriously, if these are rumors concerning barry and other trade offers then Maggette looks like a young michael jordan and the spurs should make that trade today!!

Where's a young Michael Jordan??

VaSpursFan
01-17-2007, 03:36 PM
... which is nothing.

"CIA Pop" is overrated.

:lol :lol :lol you might be right, but i have faith that a change will happen.

MannyIsGod
01-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Barry for AD would be awesome. Too bad it is bullshit speculation based on the Webber signing. Detroit and SA are not going to deal with each other.

George Gervin's Afro
01-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Barry for AD would be awesome. Too bad it is bullshit speculation based on the Webber signing. Detroit and SA are not going to deal with each other.

I agree with you.. He makes us more athletic up front in a heart beat..

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Didn't Larry Brown just become a FO guy with the Pacers? Is a trade with Dunleavy or Murphy to SA potentially coming between buddies??

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Didn't Larry Brown just become a FO guy with the Pacers?Sixers.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2007, 03:52 PM
I agree with you.. He makes us more athletic up front in a heart beat..his defensive boards would help. he had our number last year.

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Sixers.

That's right - thanks for the correction. Don't I feel stupid... :donkey

AFBlue
01-17-2007, 04:12 PM
I heard Barry for Dunleavy???? Is that wrong?

George Gervin's Afro
01-17-2007, 04:12 PM
his defensive boards would help. he had our number last year.

who didn't have our number on the boards last year?

VaSpursFan
01-17-2007, 04:18 PM

really?? first i've heard of this. if motivated, dunleavy can rebound the ball, he had 13 boards after nellie called him out...and eventually traded him.

Leetonidas
01-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Where did you hear that?

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 04:19 PM
who didn't have our number on the boards last year?

Earl Boykins. But he had our number on just about everything else.

AFBlue
01-17-2007, 04:25 PM
really?? first i've heard of this. if motivated, dunleavy can rebound the ball, he had 13 boards after nellie called him out...and eventually traded him.

Sorry, I needed a "j/k" in there, given the fact that he was just traded to Indiana. Forgot that trade talk was serious business around here.

I did see in Hollinger's follow-up that the Pacers would probably look to move one of their bigs in the near future as they are now slimmer on the wings.....

Finley + Williams for Foster?

PM5K
01-17-2007, 04:48 PM
AD has back problems, is old, and isn't that good...

We are the oldest team in the league, we don't need to get older...

Vinnie_Johnson
01-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks but no thanks don't want Berry not giving up Dice.

phxspurfan
01-17-2007, 05:07 PM
"CIA Pop" is overrated.

agreed. a concoction. He's a boring guy, really.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 05:13 PM
CIA is always in effect. We never heard of a deal before it happened. Ever.

They're always working some trade angle. It's just never as easy as the armchair GMs make it out to be.

cheguevara
01-17-2007, 05:18 PM
It's so sad that Barry is our only trade asset.

Sad times.

spurtime
01-17-2007, 05:31 PM
EWill and Bonner's expirings and Beno's relatively small contract are desireable as well. Not to mention our big 3 who any team would take on.

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 05:33 PM
E Will's expiring contract is barely desirable. Not many teams need a smallish expiring like that. None, most likely.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Smallish? It could take a midlevel deal off the books and take over a million off the current payroll in the right deal.

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 05:37 PM
I'd be interested in knowing what that deal is. Remember the Spurs won't take on salary beyond next season, for some reason.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Right, that's the main thing holding up most deals on our end.

spurtime
01-17-2007, 05:39 PM
EWill's expiring is 4.3 mil...That's a mid-level...Not what I would call smallish.

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 05:42 PM
It's smallish. It's mediumish. Not a big difference. I doubt any teams are drooling for that mediumish expiring contract. Especially not when there are expiring contracts attached to players who actually can play, like Magloire and Peterson.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Teams are always looking for expiring deals, often in conjunction with something else -- that's where it gets complicated. It never ceases to amaze me how easy folks think working a trade is in the NBA.

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 05:46 PM
We got nothing else. Just this pithy expiring trade. Or Barry. Whoopee.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 05:47 PM
We have all kinds of commodities we could trade.

Just don't want to.

Pretty simple.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-17-2007, 06:30 PM
We got nothing else. Just this pithy expiring trade. Or Barry. Whoopee.

You might want to go revisit that Denver trade made a few days ago before you discount the value of expiring contracts.

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 06:33 PM
You might want to go revisit that Denver trade made a few days ago before you discount the value of expiring contracts.

Yeah, we want Earl Boykins.

Try again.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-17-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm fast starting to realize the significance of AHF's sig (and I don't mean Salma).

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm fast starting to realize the significance of AHF's sig (and I don't mean Salma).

Not sure why Agg has some animus against me, but claiming I don't know the Spurs when it's patently obvious this Spurs team would NEVER go after Earl Boykins is FLATULENTLY STUPID. As in, the gasses roiling and boiling in your guts (and Aggie's) is pestulant and a poor substitute for brains.

dg7md
01-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Get Jason Richardson by all means necessary. :king

Kori Ellis
01-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Get Jason Richardson by all means necessary. :king

They'd have to trade Manu or Tony. And they wouldn't want his contract because he gets hurt all the time, makes $10M+/year and he's under contract until 2011.

timvp
01-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Would I do Barry for McDyess? Eh ... probably. Not the greatest of deals but the Spurs bigmen suck so I'd rather have an old possibly productive big than an old possibly productive small.

Now if the Spurs could find a way to get back Delfino or to a lesser degree Ronald Dupree, that would excite me more. Delfino can be a whiny biotch a lot of the time, but he's talented and pretty tough. Dupree wouldn't be a difference maker right away, but he's a guy the Spurs have wanted in the past and right now he's pretty much worthless to Detroit.

I could see some combo of Barry, EWill, Finley and Beno for a combo of Dice, Delfino, Dupree and Dale Davis. The Pistons are going to have to thin out their big man corps, so they'll be making a trade sometime between now and the trade deadline.

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 08:23 PM
I could see some combo of Barry, EWill, Finley and Beno for a combo of Dice, Delfino, Dupree and Dale Davis.

Are you just trying to be alliterative?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Not sure why Agg has some animus against me, but claiming I don't know the Spurs when it's patently obvious this Spurs team would NEVER go after Earl Boykins is FLATULENTLY STUPID. As in, the gasses roiling and boiling in your guts (and Aggie's) is pestulant and a poor substitute for brains.

Actually, I was focused on your assumption that no team would want $4+ million off their books at the end of the season.

timvp
01-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Are you just trying to be alliterative?

:lol Good catch.

If I was trying, I would have said a combo of Bones Barry, Brain Bump, Bargain Bust and Beefy Beno for a combo of Delicate Dice, Disturbed Delfino, Dud Dupree and Done Davis.

:drunk

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-17-2007, 08:54 PM
The Spurs have been trying to move Brent Barry, but the Pistons don't appear to have much interest there -- mostly because it would cost them Antonio McDyess.
-- Detroit News

This was on cnn/si nba rumor site today..

LOL @ this

this is nothing more then a Spurs wet dream

Mr. Body
01-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Actually, I was focused on your assumption that no team would want $4+ million off their books at the end of the season.

Not quite what I was saying.

But it's easy to get confused by AHF, easily the stupidest, stuffiest, blowsiest blowhard on this forum. Why people follow him around like a jester crusader is beyond me. You're just the latest miniature courtier.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-17-2007, 09:08 PM

But it's easy to get confused by AHF, easily the stupidest, stuffiest, blowsiest blowhard on this forum. Why people follow him around like a jester crusader is beyond me. You're just the latest miniature courtier.

Who's hanging on AHF? If I was really hanging on, I would have acknowledged Manny's claim long ago, but when I read stupid comments like yours from posters that have been here awhile and claim to have this great knowledge, and then it's squashed by reading that no team would want an expiring deal, well, sometimes I just have to respond.

I don't need to hang on to anybody, and there are many people here with greater basketball knowledge than I have, but anybody who can't see the need or want of a team to take on an expiring contract is an imbecile.

Plus, for you to even think people hang on "a blowhard" for the reason of discrediting you is fairly pompous on your part, which is evident more and more as you post.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-17-2007, 10:08 PM

Thanks for proving again how clueless you are (as if we needed a reminder).

FLATULENTLY STUPID is thinking I was talking about the Spurs trading for Earl Boykins. I was referencing that trade as a counter to your argument that expiring contracts aren't worth anything, when anyone with half a brain knows that trade was made because of expiring contracts/salary cap relief for Denver.

As in, any 'take' you have is a poor effort, mitigated only by the fact you apparently don't have any brains at all.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-17-2007, 10:13 PM

Yeah, Javtokas or bust for the MLE. And you call me stupid, stuffy, a blow hard?

It must feel pretty damn stupid to make a comment about no one wanting expiring contracts when Denver just traded away Boykins for the explicit reason of getting an expiring contract in Steve Blake. And by the way, his salary is all of 1 million dollars this year, but it will keep Denver under the luxury tax.

There's other teams that want to do the same, and that 4+ million (Williams), or 5+ million (Barry) we're dangling is a hell of a lot more cap relief than what Blake offered.

Face it, I've taken dumps that had more basketball knowledge in them than you'll ever have.

spurtime
01-17-2007, 11:01 PM
I have no personal animus against you, Mr. Body. I just think you underestimate the value of a $4.3 mil expiring deal for the many teams who are barely over what they expect to be the luxury tax threshold for next season. It could save an owner (depending on the value of the contracts they give up, which could be 25% more than $4.3 mil) well over $10 million next season. This is a business first and foremost. That is all.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-18-2007, 12:45 AM
who didn't have our number on the boards last year?geez. what is it with people not using their deductive reasoning skills? nothing personal afroman, but it gets to me when people expect things to be highlighted in neon yellow with a big frickin' arrow pointing to what is being referred to. it was in reference to manny's reply based on the first post. the whole reason this thread was made. again, nothing personal afroman.

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2007, 12:54 AM
I have no personal animus against you, Mr. Body. I just think you underestimate the value of a $4.3 mil expiring deal for the many teams who are barely over what they expect to be the luxury tax threshold for next season. It could save an owner (depending on the value of the contracts they give up, which could be 25% more than $4.3 mil) well over $10 million next season. This is a business first and foremost. That is all.

Fuck that. Play to win.

timvp
01-18-2007, 12:57 AM
I'll give it to Barry that he was the only Spur who tried the whole game. Still gotta ship him off if possible, but at least he's giving the effort he was earlier in the season.