PDA

View Full Version : Peanut's hits just keep comin' -- don't they?

Yonivore
01-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Exclusive: Jimmy Carter Interceded on Behalf of Nazi SS Guard (http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=119732)

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 04:18 PM
I'll be sure to not vote for him 25 years ago.

Yonivore
01-17-2007, 04:25 PM
I'll be sure to not vote for him 25 years ago.Yeah, but will you be sure to protest the next time he jets off to North Korea or some other American enemy country and starts cutting deals as if he were the State Department?

This guy should be in fucking prison, right beside Sandy "Pants" Berger.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Yeah, but will you be sure to protest the next time he jets off to North Korea or some other American enemy country and starts cutting deals as if he were the State Department?You won't, so why should I?

Yonivore
01-17-2007, 04:29 PM
You won't, so why should I?
I did, did you?

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 04:32 PM
How? Buy posting on the internets?

Yonivore
01-17-2007, 04:35 PM
How? Buy posting on the internets?
No.

So, you're just content to let this Jew-hating, Nazi-loving, former disgrace of a President continue to foment hatred for America around the world?

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 04:37 PM
So, you're just content to let this Jew-hating, Nazi-loving, former disgrace of a President continue to foment hatred for America around the world?Despite your protests to make it not so, it's a free country.

Yonivore
01-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Despite your protests to make it not so, it's a free country.
Actually, what he did in North Korea was a crime. Clinton didn't have the balls to call him on it though...instead, he co-opted Carter's illegal negotiations and claimed some victory that never really existed.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Which law was broken?

Yonivore
01-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Which law was broken?
The Logan Act.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Well, I see no statute of limitations on that, so Bush also lacked the balls to call him on it.

George Gervin's Afro
01-17-2007, 05:03 PM
No.

So, you're just content to let this Jew-hating, Nazi-loving, former disgrace of a President continue to foment hatred for America around the world?

And Bush is doing what differently? His unecessary war, demeaning of our allies, calling out nations publicly is garnering support for the USA? Calling the UN irrelevent to then go back and beg for their help makes us world heroes?

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 05:10 PM
No shit, I think if we took a worldwide poll and asked "Why do you hate the US?" Bush would be mentioned twenty times more than Carter.

Yonivore
01-17-2007, 06:07 PM
No shit, I think if we took a worldwide poll and asked "Why do you hate the US?" Bush would be mentioned twenty times more than Carter.
And, if Carter had done what he should, the same "world" would hate him too. Fortunately, this President realizes we're not in a popularity contest.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 06:11 PM
And, if Carter had done what he should, the same "world" would hate him too. Fortunately, this President realizes we're not in a popularity contest.So you admit that your argument about the world hating us because of Carter is specious nonsense. Way to go.

Yonivore
01-17-2007, 06:15 PM
So you admit that your argument about the world hating us because of Carter is specious nonsense. Way to go.
I never said that and, any response that begins with, "so you admit...," generally sets out to mischaracterize.

Good job.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 06:20 PM
I never said thatYou said that we're not in a popularity contest and that you're fine with the world hating us because of Bush. That's no mischaracterization.

Either it matters to you or it doesn't.

You say it doesn't, so you just completely contradicted your argument about Carter's fomenting hate.

Yonivore
01-17-2007, 06:34 PM
You said that we're not in a popularity contest and that you're fine with the world hating us because of Bush. That's no mischaracterization.

Either it matters to you or it doesn't.
I don't think we're hated by as many people as you think.

You say it doesn't, so you just completely contradicted your argument about Carter's fomenting hate.
My comments about Carter have to do with him being a lying, anti-semitic, ex-president that injects himself into foreig affairs univited...then proceeds to screw things up.

I never said he foments hate, I said he hates and that it appears that hatred has informed his actions; both, as president and ex-president.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 06:38 PM
I don't think we're hated by as many people as you think. But it doesn't matter if they do according to you.
I never said he foments hate
So, you're just content to let this Jew-hating, Nazi-loving, former disgrace of a President continue to foment hatred for America around the world? :downspin:

Yonivore
01-17-2007, 06:43 PM
But it doesn't matter if they do according to you. :downspin:
That's right. Your point?

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
That's right. Your point?Thanks for weakening your own argument that you now deny you ever made.

Yonivore
01-17-2007, 06:46 PM
But it doesn't matter if they do according to you. :downspin:
And, I stand corrected. I do believe he sets out to perpetuate the hatred in the Islamic world. Probably more against the Jews than us though.

Yonivore
01-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks for weakening your own argument that you now deny you ever made.
With the publication of "Palestine: Peace or Apartheid," I believe he's earned his "fomenting" license.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Then why deny you said it two hours later?

Yonivore
01-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Then why deny you said it two hours later?
I forgot?

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Glad to know you feel so strongly about this you would forget about it before dinner.

Yonivore
01-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Glad to know you feel so strongly about this you would forget about it before dinner.
I just think it was a minor point to the bigger problems posed by Carter continuing to speak from a position as a former American president.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2007, 07:02 PM
I just think it was a minor point to the bigger problems posed by Carter continuing to speak from a position as a former American president.Well, you're never going to make him not a former American president. It's just easier to say you don't like anything negative being said about Israel for whatever reason.

Yonivore
01-18-2007, 10:58 AM
in that article they didn't go out of their way to talk to the ss guards family naturally
And?

BIG IRISH
01-26-2007, 03:15 AM
Well, you're never going to make him not a former American president. It's just easier to say you don't like anything negative being said about Israel for whatever reason.

Hey Chump
Do you agree that Carter is/was a bigot and this caused a lot of the problems
we are facing today?

Why do people that are bigots against a religion get a free ride, almost to the
point of it not being mentioned, but if it was against a Black, Hispanic, Oriental, etc get it.

One latest tidbit to confirm in peoples minds, other than a few of us that carter was/is a bigot

Jimmy Carter: Too many Jews on Holocaust council
Former president also rejected Christian historian because name sounded 'too Jewish'

TEL AVIV – Former President Jimmy Carter once complained there were "too many Jews" on the government's Holocaust Memorial Council, Monroe Freedman, the council's former executive director, told WND in an exclusive interview.

Freedman, who served on the council during Carter's term as president, also revealed a noted Holocaust scholar who was a Presbyterian Christian was rejected from the council's board by Carter's office because the scholar's name "sounded too Jewish."

Freedman, now a professor of law at Hofstra University, was picked by the council's chairman, author Elie Weisel, to serve as executive director in 1980. The council, created by the Carter White House, went on to establish the Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C.

Freedman says he was tasked with creating a board for the council and with making recommendations to the White House on how best to memorialize the Holocaust.

He told WND he sent a memo to Carter's office containing recommendations for council board members.

He said his memo was returned with a note on the upper right hand corner that stated, "Too many Jews."

The note, Freedman said, was written in Carter's handwriting and was initialed by Carter.

Freedman said at the time the board he constructed was about 80-perent Jewish, including many Holocaust survivors.

He said at the behest of the White House he composed another board consisting of more non-Jews. But he said he was "stunned" when Carter's office objected to a non-Jew whose name sounded Jewish.

Freedman said he could not provide the historians name to WND because he did not have the man's permission.

"I got a phone call from our liaison at the White House saying this particular historian whose name sounded Jewish would not do. The liaison said he would not even take the time to present Carter with the possibility of including the historian on the board because he knew Carter would think the name sounded too Jewish. I explained the historian is Presbyterian, but the liaison said it wouldn't matter to Carter."

Freedman said he was "outraged by this absurdity."

"If I was memorializing Martin Luther King, I would expect a significant number of board members to be African American. If I was memorializing Native American figures I'd expect a lot of Native Americans to be on the board.

"I do not for a moment consider it inappropriate to build a Holocaust council with a significant majority of the board being Jewish," Freedman stated.

Freedman describes himself as "self-proclaimed liberal." He said he decided to speak out after the release of Carter's latest book, "Palestine: Peace not Apartheid," which some have accused of being biased against Israel.

This would not be the first time Carter's messages on right hand corners of letters generated a Holocaust-related scandal.

Last week, in an interview with the Tovia Singer Show on Israel National Radio, a former U.S. Justice Department official said he received a letter advocating "special consideration" for a confessed Nazi SS officer accused of murdering Jews in the Mauthausen death camp in Austria.

Neal Sher, who served in the Justice Department's Office of Special Investigation, said that in 1987 he received a note from Carter petitioning for re-entry into the U.S. for Martin Bartesch, who had been deported by Sher's office to Austria after it was established he served as an SS officer.

Sher said his office had "extraordinary evidence" Bartesch shot Jews.

Bartesch originally immigrated to the U.S. and lived in Chicago. He later admitted to Sher's office and the court he had voluntarily joined the SS as a teenager and served in its Death's Head Division at the Mauthausen concentration camp where many thousands of prisoners were gassed, shot, starved and worked to death. Bartesch also confessed to having concealed his SS service at concentration camp from U.S. immigration officials.

Sher said the Justice Department obtained a journal kept by the SS and captured by the U.S. Armed Forces listing Bartesch as having shot to death Max Oschorn, a French Jewish prisoner.

Bartesch's daughters, who still lived in the U.S., attempted in 1987 to appeal to politicians to allow the former Nazi officer to enter the country. They wrote a note in which they claimed it was "un-American" to persecute a man for crimes committed when he was only 17 and 18 years old.

Sher said he was shocked when he received the daughter's letter replete with a handwritten note from Carter on the upper right corner stating the former president wanted "special consideration" for the Bartesch family for humanitarian reasons.

The note, containing Carter's signature, was obtained this week by the NY Sun.

WND linked to by Drudge
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/staticarticles/article53954.html

ChumpDumper
01-26-2007, 03:32 AM
Do you agree that Carter is/was a bigot and this caused a lot of the problems
we are facing today?You'll have to be more specific.
Blah, blah, more unsubtantialted bullshit to avoid discussing the actual issues in the middle east. It's just easier to say you don't like anything negative being said about Israel for whatever reason.

BIG IRISH
01-26-2007, 03:57 AM
You'll have to be more specific.

Try this for starters as to why a lot of our problems was because of
JIMMY BOY
The election of Democrat Jimmy Carter as President in 1976 set the seal on near-defeatism as a United States policy. In the four years of his presidency Communist regimes were established in Cambodia, Laos, South Yemen, Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Grenada, Nicaragua and Afghanistan (not the Soviet occupation), all, needless to say, undemocratically. All these he seems to have accepted with resignation until he was shocked by the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1980. This was just after he had seen his attempt to show his disapproval of the Shah resulted in the installation of a rabidly anti-American Islamic regime in Iran.

and this
By Jason Maoz
JewishPress.com | November 30, 2006

For those with eyes to see, there were hints as far back as the 1976 presidential campaign of the trouble to come. Early that year, Harper’s magazine published “Jimmy Carter’s Pathetic Lies,” a devastating exposé of Carter’s record in Georgia by a then little-known journalist named Steven Brill.

Reg Murphy, who as editor of the Atlanta Constitution had kept a close eye on Carter’s rise in state politics, declared, “Jimmy Carter is one of the three or four phoniest men I ever met.”

Speechwriter Bob Shrum quit the Carter campaign after just a few weeks, disgusted with what he described as Carter’s penchant for fudging the truth. He also related that Carter, convinced the Jewish vote in the Democratic primaries would go to Senator Henry (“Scoop”) Jackson, had instructed his staff not to issue any more statements on the Middle East.

“Jackson has all the Jews anyway,” Shrum quoted Carter as saying. “We get the Christians.”

Relations between Carter and Israel were tense from the outset of the Carter presidency. Carter’s hostility was evident to Israeli foreign minister Moshe Dayan, who in his memoir Breakthrough described a July 1977 White House meeting between Carter and Israeli officials. “You are more stubborn than the Arabs, and you put obstacles on the path to peace,’’ an angry Carter scolded Dayan and his colleagues.

“Our talk,” Dayan wrote, “lasted more than an hour and was most unpleasant. President Carter...launched charge after charge against Israel.”

On October 1, 1977, the U.S. and the Soviet Union unexpectedly issued a joint statement on the Middle East calling for an Arab-Israeli peace conference in Geneva, with the participation of Palestinian representatives. The communiqué marked the first time the U.S. officially employed the phrase “legitimate rights of the Palestinian people.”

Reaction in the U.S. was immediate and furious. “[A] political firestorm erupted,” wrote historian Steven Spiegel. “After American officials had worked successfully for years to reduce Russian influence over the Mideast peace process and in the area as whole, critics could not understand why the administration had suddenly invited Moscow to return.”

Egyptian President Anwar Sadat, who five years earlier had expelled thousands of Soviet military advisers from Egypt, neither liked nor trusted the Russians, and decided to kill the U.S.-Soviet initiative in the womb. His decision to go to Jerusalem to address the Knesset electrified the world and caught the Carter administration completely off guard.

Eventually the U.S. would broker what became known as the Camp David Accords and oversee the signing of the 1979 Egyptian-Israeli peace treaty. But Carter was far from a dispassionate third party. His disdain for Israeli prime minister Menachem Begin and near hero-worship of Sadat were clearly reflected in his demeanor and has informed nearly everything he’s written on the Middle East since leaving office.

In The Unfinished Presidency, his book about Carter’s post-White House activities, the liberal historian Douglas Brinkley provides a detailed account of the former president’s obsession with helping Palestinian terror chief Yasir Arafat polish his image. Carter, according to Brinkley, regularly advised Arafat on how to shape his message for Western journalists and even wrote some speeches for him.

Carter was also a vocal critic of Israeli policies and “view[ed] the unarmed young Palestinians who stood up against thousands of Israel soldiers as ‘instant heroes,’” wrote Brinkley. “Buoyed by the intifada, Carter passed on to the Palestinians, through Arafat, his congratulations.”

Former New York mayor Ed Koch, in his 1984 bestseller Mayor, recounted a conversation he had shortly before the 1980 election with Cyrus Vance, who’d recently resigned as Carter’s secretary of state. Koch told Vance that many Jews would not be voting for Carter because they feared “that if he is reelected he will sell them out.”

“Vance,” recalled Koch, “nodded and said, ‘He will.’ ”

In Dangerous Liaison: The Inside Story of the U.S.-Israeli Covert Relationship, Andrew and Leslie Cockburn revealed that during a March 1980 meeting with his senior political advisers, Carter, discussing his fading reelection prospects and his sinking approval rating in the Jewish community, snapped, “If I get back in, I’m going to [expletive] the Jews.”

Carter – such was the country’s good fortune – did not get back in. But as evidenced by his years of pro-Palestinian advocacy, reams of anti-Israel op-ed articles, and the release last week of his latest book/screed, Palestine Peace Not Apartheid, he’s been trying to [expletive] the Jews ever since.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=25746
or better yet he is still trying to f the jews.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2007, 07:21 AM
So the world is now communist becuase of Jimmy Carter.

Focus.

spurster
01-26-2007, 09:13 AM
I thought it was all Clinton's fault.

boutons_
01-26-2007, 10:20 AM
"Communist regimes were established in Cambodia, Laos, South Yemen, Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Grenada, Nicaragua and Afghanistan"

Like VN, how were any of these a threat to the USA?

How would a Repug president handled these countries? Knee-jerk at the word "communsit" and invade them all with a US military still licking its wounds from the VN fiasco?

Yonivore
01-26-2007, 10:44 AM
So the world is now communist becuase of Jimmy Carter.

Focus.
No, headed for dhimmitude because of Jimmy Carter. You focus.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2007, 01:34 PM
:lmao

Hyperbole won't help you here.

Yonivore
01-26-2007, 01:37 PM
:lmao

Hyperbole won't help you here.
Well, it was as far to the East as you were to the West with your "communism" comment.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Communism in those places isn't something we're dealing with today, but by all means go on, there's no reason to start a real discussion now.