PDA

View Full Version : hey Fakerfans time for a reality check!

nkdlunch
01-17-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm sick and tired of Faker fans preaching that their team is for real this time. Just cause they are doing ok and playing decent in regular season doesn't mean shit. I have a feeling tonight is gonna be a classic Spur beating. W/kobe or w/out.

My point is I don't think the Lakers are even top 7 in the west, their record is deceiving.

get ready for a spanking bitches!!!!!

missmyzte
01-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Just cause they are doing ok and playing decent in regular season So, uh, what would you say counts as them doing well? Having the second best home record in the league? Oh wait, they already have it. Keep winning even though 2 key players are out? Oh wait, they're doing that too.

The Lakers are a good team, I can't wait to see them come playoffs time.

nkdlunch
01-17-2007, 05:46 PM
The Lakers are a good team, I can't wait to see them come playoffs time.

that's what they said about the Suns.

they are too young + inexperienced IMO. and they are overhyped.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-17-2007, 05:47 PM
They're doing pretty well. At this rate Phil Jackson might be coaching his best season ever.

I might have to officially start hating the Lakers again.

missmyzte
01-17-2007, 05:49 PM
that's what they said about the Suns.

they are too young + inexperienced IMO. and they are overhyped.
They are young and inexperienced, but there's only one way to gain experience, right? I don't think they're overhyped, they're finally getting some of the attention they deserve. This is Hollywood, afterall. Stolen birthday cakes and all. :toast

Shelly
01-17-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm sick and tired of Faker fans preaching that their team is for real this time. Just cause they are doing ok and playing decent in regular season doesn't mean shit. I have a feeling tonight is gonna be a classic Spur beating. W/kobe or w/out.

My point is I don't think the Lakers are even top 7 in the west, their record is deceiving.

Well, THAT was just the kiss of death! You probably just jinxed the
Spurs.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-17-2007, 05:52 PM
I have a feeling tonight is gonna be a classic Spur beating. W/kobe or w/out.
You mean like when they met earlier this year??

ponky
01-17-2007, 06:06 PM
so just curious, who are your seven best teams from the west if the lakers are not included?

ArgSpursFan
01-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Fuck the Lakers,SA is gonna beat them with or without Kobe.

SequSpur
01-17-2007, 06:10 PM
I've been watchin alot of Laker games this year and they are right up there with the Spurs. Not a contender, but closeby.

nkdlunch
01-17-2007, 06:13 PM
1. dallas
2. spurs
3. suns
4. utah
5. houston
6. nuggets
7. minnesota

They are young and inexperienced, but there's only one way to gain experience, right? I don't think they're overhyped, they're finally getting some of the attention they deserve. This is Hollywood, afterall. Stolen birthday cakes and all. :toast

OMG finally getting attention they deserve????

they are based in LA, come on. they get too much attention. fuck em!! Fucking walton is worse than Bonner and they are already calling him the next white Larry Bird!

missmyzte
01-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Oh come on, no one has bit on my "stolen birthday cake" reference yet???

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 06:17 PM
I think Nkdlunch has more fire for this game than either the Spurs or Lakers do. January NBA ball is almost as bad as WNBA ball. It's snooze time, and the alarm is set for March.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-17-2007, 06:25 PM
1. dallas
2. spurs
3. suns
4. utah
5. houston
6. nuggets
7. minnesota

OMG finally getting attention they deserve????

they are based in LA, come on. they get too much attention. fuck em!! Fucking walton is worse than Bonner and they are already calling him the next white Larry Bird!
Come on now Bonner sucks. And nobody is calling Walton the next Larry Bird. :lol

The fact you have the Nuggets, Minnesota, and Utah above the Lakeshow proves you have no clue.

LA24
01-17-2007, 06:29 PM

I think the Lakers are okay. But after reading your post and seeing ALL THIS HATE...Lakers must be pretty damn good then. :king

missmyzte
01-17-2007, 06:30 PM
What?? Luke Walton isn't the next Larry Bird?? </sarcasm>

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 06:30 PM
what exactly is the "next white Larry Bird"? Would that be similar to the "next black Michael Jordan"?

ponky
01-17-2007, 06:31 PM
I think Nkdlunch has more fire for this game than either the Spurs or Lakers do. January NBA ball is almost as bad as WNBA ball. It's snooze time, and the alarm is set for March.

that's right, you keep telling yourself that...hibernate and dream about your three rings because when you wake up in march, it ain't gonna be pretty

cheguevara
01-17-2007, 06:38 PM
a laker asswhipping would cheer me up today. nothing wrong w/that.

ponky
01-17-2007, 06:39 PM
1. dallas
2. spurs
3. suns
4. utah
5. houston
6. nuggets
7. minnesota

eh, three teams from the northwest division is a bit ridiculous, although i do think all those teams listed may make the playoffs. in terms of how good they are, houston > utah and actually ahead of them in pure W/L stats. minnesota is playing well but whether they can sustain is a different matter because when melo comes back on monday, the nuggets have some easy games they should be able to win. even if you hate the lakers, they have been winning without two of their best players, odom/kwame and they are only a game and a half behind the spurs. do i think they're as good as the spurs? no, but if they all start clicking when odom/kwame get back and kobe is healthy i could see them playing ball better than several of those teams on the list...although, the lakers need to get some road wins against good teams

LA24
01-17-2007, 06:39 PM
that's right, you keep telling yourself that...hibernate and dream about your three rings because when you wake up in march, it ain't gonna be pretty

Yup, January ball determines how you're going to be seeded in the March and May ball. Beating Dallas is tough...beating Dallas w/out home court adv. is tougher.

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 06:41 PM

I didn't say the Spurs are the only team on snooze in January, punky. I said NBA ball is horrible right now because players and teams are going through the motions. That's a negative by-product of an 82 game season followed by rounds of 7 game series. If I were you I'd worry about the Mavs peaking too early. Answer this - when was the last time that the team with the best regular season record won a championship in ANY of the major US sports?

ponky
01-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Yup, January ball determines how you're going to be seeded in the March and May ball. Beating Dallas is tough...beating Dallas w/out home court adv. is tougher.

You know what's weird is that the way we've been playing and winning in San Antonio, I almost don't care about HCA when it comes to playing the Spurs...I would like it when playing the Lakers of course, and probably the Suns as well.

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 06:43 PM

I completely disagree. HCA hasn't really helped many teams in recent history. Did it help the Pistons/ Spurs last year? The Suns in '05? It comes down to who is playing better ball at that point in time, and that's all. Every sport is like that.

BERSERK
01-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Oh please the Spurs need to start gelling now. Not just gelling, they need to start winning ball games.

If not, how else will they build confidence in themselves for beating a contender-worthy opponent? Practice? Bah!

Solid D
01-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Let's see how the Spurs do against ball pressure and lane clogging tactics that the Lakers like to throw at them.

The Spurs didn't do so well with that in the 2nd half in LA earlier this year.

BUMP
01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Staples Center is like a house of horrors to the Mavs

AT&T Center is like our second home court

LA24
01-17-2007, 06:46 PM
I completely disagree.

Hmmm...you just disagree. I honestly don't believe that you completely disagree. :p: I'm sure you'd rather play game 7 at home then away (despite the past).

BERSERK
01-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Staples Center is like a house of horrors to the Mavs

AT&T Center is like our second home court

Our home record is not as good as it was. We're slightly better at the road than home.

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Best records in the Western Conference:

Dallas 32-8
Phoenix 29-8
San Antonio 27-12
Utah 24-14
L.A. Lakers 25-13
Houston 25-14
Minnesota 20-16

LA looks top 7 to me.

To think the Spurs can't win tonight is stupid, to ignore the Lakers would be equally so.

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Hmmm...you just disagree. I honestly don't believe that you completely disagree. :p: I'm sure you'd rather play game 7 at home then away (despite the past).
Who says it gets to game 7? It ends earlier much more often than it goes 7.

A game 7 is anybody's game no matter where it is played. History shows a close ratio of road and home wins.

Therefore, I completely disagree

BERSERK
01-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Best records in the Western Conference:

Dallas 32-8
Phoenix 29-8
San Antonio 27-12
Utah 24-14
L.A. Lakers 25-13
Houston 25-14
Minnesota 20-16

LA looks top 7 to me.

To think the Spurs can't win tonight is stupid, to ignore the Lakers would be equally so.

It's more than that, The Spurs just don't fear the Lakers. Just because the Lakers don't have Shaq, some people are just writing off the Lakers as just wanna bees. If the Lakers defeat the Spurs tonight, they're going to have the same record as the Spurs.

Kobe is Kobe. He'll score when he wants to. Last year, he was building some confidence by trusting his team mates more. Now He has truly learned to share the ball and score when the game needs him to. The Lakers are slowly but surely are turning into a competitive team.

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 06:53 PM
It's more than that, The Spurs just don't fear the Lakers. Just because the Lakers don't have Shaq, some people are just writing off the Lakers as just wanna bees. If the Lakers defeat the Spurs tonight, they're going to have the same record as the Spurs.

Which was the point I was trying to make. Of course the Spurs don't fear the Lakers and vice versa.

ponky
01-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I didn't say the Spurs are the only team on snooze in January, punky. I said NBA ball is horrible right now because players and teams are going through the motions. That's a negative by-product of an 82 game season followed by rounds of 7 game series. If I were you I'd worry about the Mavs peaking too early. Answer this - when was the last time that the team with the best regular season record won a championship in ANY of the major US sports?

This whole peaking thing is overrated, look at the Bulls' records and their subsequent championships. BTW, this answers your question about the best regular season record. I wouldn't say that the Spurs peaked too soon last season and they were only one game behind the Pistons in the race for the best record. NFL is a horrible sport to use as an example because it's a single elimination format. IN MLB, the White Sox were also only one game behind the Cardinals in 2005 before winning the pennant. It's ridiculous to say that such negligible differences would differentiate between one team peaking and the other not peaking.

As for the play of regular season NBA ball, I wouldn't say that guys like Arenas, Dirk, JHO, Nash, Stoudemire, Kobe, T-Mac are going through the motions. Just because you're team may have let you down a couple of times this season doesn't mean the NBA as a whole is playing shitty.

cheguevara
01-17-2007, 07:00 PM
so the Mavs have already won the championship cause they are kicking ass in january????

:lol look what happened to the Pistons last year.

regular season games are important, especially when you want #1 seed. But let's face it, nothing is won in january, that goes especially to the Mavs who are known for being bigtime chokers.

ArgSpursFan
01-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Ok,I heard enough from Lakers and Mavs fans today.
let me remind you guys that the spurs are a team that ussually gets started by mid junuary or even after the all start game+ I still dont see a damn ring on the mavs finger(and thats not gonna happen any time soon)and the lakers have won shit since Shaq went to Miami.So, to all of you Mavs and lakers fans I say:
Dream on bitches.The spurs were, are and will be the best team on the western conf.while tim, tony and Manu play for our team.
peace out

BERSERK
01-17-2007, 07:03 PM
so the Mavs have already won the championship cause they are kicking ass in january????

regular season games are important, especially when you want #1 seed. But let's face it, nothing is won in january, that goes especially to the Mavs who are known for being bigtime chokers.

Yeah you're right, it's not important right now to win some ball games. Forget the idea of being consistant. :rolleyes

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 07:05 PM
let me remind you guys that the spurs are a team that ussually gets started by mid junuary or even after the all start game+ I still dont see a damn ring on the mavs finger(and thats not gonna happen any time soon)and the lakers have won shit since Shaq went to Miami.So, to all of you Mavs and lakers fans I say:
Dream on bitches.The spurs were, are and will be the best team on the western conf.while tim, tony and Manu play for our team.
peace out

Mavs and Lakers fans...remember this is from but one voice among the Silver and Black faithful.

Ok...fire away.

cheguevara
01-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah you're right, it's not important right now to win some ball games. Forget the idea of being consistant. :rolleyes

ponky
01-17-2007, 07:06 PM

who is talking about championships? stop trying to read shit as if there was some hidden agenda just so you can continue being a mavs hater. my post didn't address anything other than the overrated notion of peaking. other than the finals, when was the last time the mavs came up as bigtime chokers? ridiculous, especially considering how the spurs have played the seasons after winning their rings

ponky
01-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Mavs and Lakers fans...remember this is from but one voice among the Silver and Black faithful.

Ok...fire away.

lol, i've been on here long enough to know that there are all sundry kinds of spurs fans

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 07:09 PM
lol, i've been on here long enough to know that there are all sundry kinds of spurs fans

Very true...sadly all teams have them.

BERSERK
01-17-2007, 07:10 PM
No one said anything about winning championship after defeating the Lakers. We're talking about winning some games so the Spurs can build some confidence and consistancy.

ponky
01-17-2007, 07:12 PM
eff this, i'm going to go play some halo with the bf before the game starts...good luck both teams, i hope it's a good game tonight! :clap :clap :clap

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 07:14 PM
This whole peaking thing is overrated, look at the Bulls' records and their subsequent championships. BTW, this answers your question about the best regular season record. I wouldn't say that the Spurs peaked too soon last season and they were only one game behind the Pistons in the race for the best record. NFL is a horrible sport to use as an example because it's a single elimination format. IN MLB, the White Sox were also only one game behind the Cardinals in 2005 before winning the pennant. It's ridiculous to say that such negligible differences would differentiate between one team peaking and the other not peaking.

As for the play of regular season NBA ball, I wouldn't say that guys like Arenas, Dirk, JHO, Nash, Stoudemire, Kobe, T-Mac are going through the motions. Just because you're team may have let you down a couple of times this season doesn't mean the NBA as a whole is playing shitty.

Every one of those guys you mentioned aren't playing at 100% right now. Their teams aren't playing at 100% right now. Any team that is going at 100% right now is burning themselves early. Can you not tell the difference between regular season basketball and playoff basketball? Are you telling me all of the players are playing just as hard now as they do in May? This difference alone shows that players are going through the motions right now. January is a time to shore up rotations and look for any potential moves to make while getting your team minutes and praying nobody gets hurt. That's all.

You never answered my question, you dodged it. Who was the last team to win with the best regular season record in ANY sport? You can even use hockey... the #1 seed doesn't win at a high percentage. Period.

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 07:16 PM
IN every sport - the team that's playing the best in the playoffs wins the title. Not necessarily the best team. EVERY TIME.

cheguevara
01-17-2007, 07:16 PM
we can just hope the mavs are burning themselves early

SoCal Lakeshow
01-17-2007, 07:17 PM
peace out
Tim is getting older by the second and Manu isn't as good as he once was. Elson and Oberto are not gonna cut it in the playoffs. If the Spurs don't make a move soon they will be watching the Finals from their couch.

As for the Lakers we have rebuilt in only 3 years. Get used to Bynum owning you guys for the next decade. :toast

twincam
01-17-2007, 07:17 PM

No need for the smack talking. The Spurs haven't proven anything against the Lakers, yet. Last time I checked, the Spurs lost to them. Just watch the game and enjoy it.

BERSERK
01-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Every one of those guys you mentioned aren't playing at 100% right now. Their teams aren't playing at 100% right now. Any team that is going at 100% right now is burning themselves early. Can you not tell the difference between regular season basketball and playoff basketball? Are you telling me all of the players are playing just as hard now as they do in May? This difference alone shows that players are going through the motions right now. January is a time to shore up rotations and look for any potential moves to make while getting your team minutes and praying nobody gets hurt. That's all.

You never answered my question, you dodged it. Who was the last team to win with the best regular season record in ANY sport? You can even use hockey... the #1 seed doesn't win at a high percentage. Period.

1999-2000 Lakers.

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 07:19 PM
"we"...."you" :lmao

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 07:20 PM
we can just hope the mavs are burning themselves early

They have a very deep team that is able to get the job done. Their bench beats most teams bench, and they win a lot of games due to that. I doubt they are playing at 100% right now.

The question is how are they going to be playing in the playoffs when the rotations shorten to 7 or 8 deep and everyone's best players are getting all the burn? Which team plays the best under those circumstances? That is what we will find out in May, and that cannot be known in January.

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Who was the last team to win with the best regular season record in ANY sport?

2002-2003 Spurs did it.

2003 NE Patriots too.

I think those were the most recent.

LA24
01-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Just watch the game and enjoy it.

Why do I get this bad feeling that you will, but I won't ?

BERSERK
01-17-2007, 07:23 PM
OK, the 1999-2000 Lakers and
2002-2003 Spurs did it. :music

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 07:24 PM
1999-2000 Lakers did also.

Beer was asking for the last team to do it. Its all good.

BERSERK
01-17-2007, 07:26 PM
just thought to add as many teams just in case

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 07:27 PM
:tu

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 07:30 PM
2002-2003 Spurs did it.

2003 NE Patriots too.

I think those were the most recent.

Since it's 2007 I'd say the odds aren't great that the best regular season team will win this year either.

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Too late for the NFL and MLB....the NHL and NBA could still happen.

BERSERK
01-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Since it's 2007 I'd say the odds aren't great that the best regular season team will win this year either.

Since when you're good at predicting the future? :rolleyes :lol

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Especially since you're good at predicting the future. :rolleyes :lol

I don't predict the future, but the past is slapping you in the face with evidence that being the #1 seed doesn't really mean much. That's all I'm saying sir. Please don't attribute supernatural powers to me that I never claimed to have.

BERSERK
01-17-2007, 07:38 PM
I don't predict the future, but the past is slapping you in the face with evidence that being the #1 seed doesn't really mean much. That's all I'm saying sir. Please don't attribute supernatural powers to me that I never claimed to have.

I'm sorry sir but you have it wrong. You said it can never happen but the evidence just slapped you in the face. You're the one who has to eat crow about the team with the top record never winning a championship.

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm sorry sir but you have it wrong. You said it can never happen but the evidence just slapped you in the face. You're the one who has to eat crow about the team with the top record never winning a championship.

When did I say it never happens or that it can never happen? Now you're putting words in my mouth. I said it doesn't happen often enough for it to be significant, and that the team that is playing the best at the moment wins even if they aren't necessarily the best team. 4 sports and the last time it happend was 4 years ago? That's a telling stat. Learn this word - Parity. It wasn't in pro sports much several years ago, but it's here now.

BERSERK
01-17-2007, 07:44 PM
When did I say it never happens or that it can never happen? Now you're putting words in my mouth. I said it doesn't happen often enough for it to be significant, and that the team that is playing the best at the moment wins even if they aren't necessarily the best team. 4 sports and the last time it happend was 4 years ago? That's a telling stat. Learn this word - Parity. It wasn't in pro sports much several years ago, but it's here now.

You can't say anything until the season's over. That's all I can say.
:reading

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 07:47 PM
The season's over after the playoffs - which is a completely different season than the regular season - in which the winner is not determined by the regular season - which cannot be known in January. Exactly what I've said all along crow eater.

melo061
01-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Spurs will probably win

1= Kobe is injured, had a setback with his groin injury. Limit's his game
2- Lamar is out, kwame the only person who can do a decent job guard duncan is out. Duncan will put Bynum in foul trouble.
3- It's in San Antonio.

BERSERK
01-17-2007, 07:53 PM
The season's over after the playoffs - which is a completely different season than the regular season - in which the winner is not determined by the regular season - which cannot be known in January. Exactly what I've said all along crow eater.

Everyone knows the season includes the playoffs which of course you overlooked. One thing I did say is that the Spurs need to build consistancy by winning ball games.

If the Spurs do not win ball games any time soon, they will not build confidance and consistancy. The playoffs will be different no doubt about it. The Spurs aren't the type of team to flip the switch. They will be battling good opponents in the playoffs, if you remember last year the Spurs had trouble beating a mediocrity team the Sacramento Kings. When the second round rolled by, the Spurs were pushed to the edge by the Mavericks. In the end, the other team won and moved on.

BeerIsGood!
01-17-2007, 08:01 PM
January is a time to shore up rotations and look for any potential moves to make while getting your team minutes and praying nobody gets hurt. That's all.

This is what the Spurs should be doing right now. They should realize that they are not good enough as is to have an advantage over the top two teams in the west and they should look to shore up rotations and make a move. They have time to gain consistency after the all-star break, but right now it's about getting the team together that gives you the best chance to be the team playing the best ball come playoffs. This is what January is for every contending team, not just the Spurs. I wasn't just talking about the Spurs throughout this whole thread. But I do agree with your last post BERSERK.

Russ
01-17-2007, 08:02 PM
OK, the 1999-2000 Lakers and
2002-2003 Spurs did it. :music
Don't forget the '99 Spurs.

Budkin
01-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Spurs better dominate tonight considering the circumstances.

missmyzte
01-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Thought I'd just bring this thread up again to see if anyone changed their opinions ...

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Its going to be scary come playoff time coz if the Spurs dont pick it up they could end up being a 5th or 6th seed and id HATE to be the higher ranked team facing them. It would be funny if the Lakers had homecourt vs the Spurs in round one. I wouldnt like the Lakers chances, despite reg season results.

The Spurs experience and composure come playoff time will make them dangerous no matter where they end up at the end of the reg season

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Thought I'd just bring this thread up again to see if anyone changed their opinions ...

I said that people should not dismiss the Lakers. You want me to change my mind? :lol

missmyzte
01-17-2007, 11:32 PM
I said that people should not dismiss the Lakers. You want me to change my mind? :lol
No no no, you're good Mike. :p:

mavsfan1000
01-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Great reality check for the lakers. :lol

SAtown
01-17-2007, 11:52 PM

:flipoff

Budkin
01-17-2007, 11:53 PM

What do you expect Spurs fans to do...make a thread that says we are going to lose?

KB24
01-17-2007, 11:58 PM
OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Budkin
01-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Sad.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-18-2007, 12:01 AM
:lol :lol

21_Blessings
01-18-2007, 12:10 AM

I just had to quote this hilarious post.

:lol

samikeyp
01-18-2007, 12:13 AM
I noticed nkd is nowhere to be found.

If you are gonna talk it, ya gotta walk it.

missmyzte
01-18-2007, 12:17 AM
Don't worry, we'll take care of the Mavs tomorrow night. :spin

Kori Ellis
01-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Nice obnoxious jinx thread, nkdlunch. :)

leemajors
01-18-2007, 12:23 AM

maybe he's cleaning it out of his pants.

Budkin
01-18-2007, 12:25 AM
He should at least come here and eat his crow like a man.

DubMcDub
01-18-2007, 12:32 AM
What do you expect Spurs fans to do...make a thread that says we are going to lose?

No. But when your team is in its current state I think not making a thread in order to talk shit would probably be the most prudent option.

ponky
01-18-2007, 01:11 AM

Do you not understand my answer. It was pretty clear...the 1992 Bulls, best record and the ring in the same season.

Kori Ellis
01-18-2007, 01:12 AM
No. But when your team is in its current state I think not making a thread in order to talk shit would probably be the most prudent option.

:lol

ponky
01-18-2007, 01:13 AM

Thanks, you made my point for me, a couple of times over.

ponky
01-18-2007, 01:14 AM

since you got pwned, by spurs fans no less, the odds aren't great that you'll own up to your lack of trivial sports facts

nkdlunch
01-18-2007, 11:14 AM

I would have been here but last night my computer was in pieces, and it was not the only thing in pieces :cry

thank you! finally someone understands

Nice obnoxious jinx thread, nkdlunch. :)

it was probably a jinx but I also didn't expect the Spurs to play like little bitches.

Manu was asleep, Pop was thinking about what bottle of wine he will open tonight, Tim forgot his testicles at home and Parker was so high on his first half performance that Smush owned his ass in the 4th!!!

and the rest of the team was nonexistent as usual.

Props to the Lakers but they are still not on the top 5 in the west to me. They are now #6 right above the Spurs who are at #7 :pctoss

And to make things worse, tonight the Mavs are gonna blow the Lakers away :bang :bang :bang :bang

JamStone
01-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Props to nkdlunch for at least finally responding.

Kori, I still think Smush Parker might be one of the worst starting point guards in the league, but he's made it much longer than you expected, eh? Especially for a "fringe league player" and "scrub."

Just saying ... :p:

LEONARD
01-18-2007, 11:23 AM
DOH!!!!!!!!

:fro

SoCal Lakeshow
01-18-2007, 11:39 AM
I would have been here but last night my computer was in pieces, and it was not the only thing in pieces :cry

thank you! finally someone understands

it was probably a jinx but I also didn't expect the Spurs to play like little bitches.

Manu was asleep, Pop was thinking about what bottle of wine he will open tonight, Tim forgot his testicles at home and Parker was so high on his first half performance that Smush owned his ass in the 4th!!!

and the rest of the team was nonexistent as usual.

Props to the Lakers but they are still not on the top 5 in the west to me. They are now #6 right above the Spurs who are at #7 :pctoss

And to make things worse, tonight the Mavs are gonna blow the Lakers away :bang :bang :bang :bang
:rollin :rollin :rollin

Kori Ellis
01-18-2007, 11:50 AM

Wow, you need to retire from watching sports.

BLACKMAMBA24
01-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Want to see us in the first round?This team will be running the triangle much more efficient by the end of the season.Phil's teams always do.This is year two in the offense for most of these guys.Wait until our starting front court returns. LIGHTS OUT!

LakeShow
01-18-2007, 12:33 PM

:lol The Lakers are in the top 3! To win these games without 2 starters is remarkable. When Healthy, they may be number 1! :fro

cheguevara
01-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Wait until our starting front court returns. LIGHTS OUT!

Kwame "the cake thrower" Brown???????

:lmao :lmao :lmao

thanks for cheering us up lakerfans!

didn't you fuckin notice that once Kwame was out of DC, the Wizards became contenders in the East? :lol

cheguevara
01-18-2007, 12:42 PM
:lol good luck with this weirdo in the playoffs:

Laker allegedly takes cake
HERMOSA BEACH (AP) - A man walking down the street at bar-closing time with a $190 cake in his arms claimed Los Angeles Lakers center Kwame Brown swiped his birthday treat.

In a police report, Alexander Martinez said he left his 30th birthday celebration at the Shore Restaurant and Lounge at about 1:45 a.m. Saturday with the uneaten 2-by-2-foot cake and walked north toward the Blue 32 nightclub.

Martinez told police he first came upon Lakers forward Ronny Turiaf, who he said agreed to pose for a photograph with him and the chocolate cake.

But outside of Blue 32, the 6-foot-11, 270-pound Brown came along, grabbed the cake and threw it at Martinez, according to the report. Brown got into a limousine and left, Martinez claimed in the report.

Martinez reported he walked up to Lamar Odom as the Lakers forward left Pedone's Pizza and confronted him about the cake, which was splattered on the birthday man's back.

A man believed to be Odom's bodyguard pushed Martinez into the street, yelling at him to get away from Odom, the report said. Martinez filed a police report 12 hours later.

Detectives presented a possible ''grand theft of a person'' case to the city attorney's office, which decided not to prosecute.

Brown wasn't talking, but Lakers spokesman John Black said the team was aware of the alleged incident and had been told prosecutors were not filing charges. Black had no other comment.

The Lakers are on a three-game road trip through Saturday.

In July of 2006, a woman accused Brown of sexual assault. The district attorney's office dropped the case after a medical exam of the alleged victim was reviewed and revealed no signs of forcible sexual assault.

Brown, averaging 8.7 points and 6.6 rebounds, has been sidelined since spraining his right ankle on Dec. 31. He is expected back in about two weeks.

BLACKMAMBA24
01-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Timmy was glad he is out,i assure you that