PDA

View Full Version : american idol sucks (thread)

johngateswhiteley
01-17-2007, 09:39 PM
...i watched american idol one time i was in crescent city, california. i was on a road trip with my sister, she loves american idol, and we were touring the coast line of california, oregon, and washington. point is, we stopped for the night in crescent city and it was about 40 outside and raining. Jennifer went to turn on the tv, we stayed in some la quinta type hotel, and i sat there and watched american idol with her.

10 minutes later i went for a walk outside...

if we can have an american idol thread, we can certainly have the opposite, cause that show sucks cock.

SpursWoman
01-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Then don't watch it. Duh.

johngateswhiteley
01-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Then don't watch it. Duh.

...thanks for that. i don't. it still sucks.

SpursWoman
01-17-2007, 10:17 PM
okay.....?

Clandestino
01-17-2007, 10:19 PM
i have no idea why people love it.. one of the worst shows out there... and simon is a fucking retard...

johngateswhiteley
01-17-2007, 10:30 PM
okay.....?

just a thread for those who want to vent. even though i don't watch it, i still have to hear about it all the time, its everywhere...and its disgusting. maybe some guys are sick of watching these 'reality' shows cause their girlfriend does and whatnot. hopefully, any real man, would not stand for that bullshit....let her watch it by herself or some friends.

Marklar MM
01-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I am with you...show sucks.

SpursWoman
01-17-2007, 10:40 PM
hopefully, any real man, would not stand for that bullshit....let her watch it by herself or some friends.

You aren't in a relationship with anyone, are you? :lmao

johngateswhiteley
01-17-2007, 10:48 PM

the force is strong with you Sir. and its b/c you're a fucking man and not a bitch.

let me ask this: when you get married do your nuts get cut off? maybe someone who is married can chime in. cause i have some friends, good friends, who are now married or engaged and they watch shit like the bachelor and american idol. and these were good dudes...guys who would never watch that garbage on their own. now they act like pussies during whatever time slots those shows are.

Marklar MM
01-17-2007, 10:50 PM
:( I watch desperate housewives with the girl. I guess that is alright seeing there are some good looking chicks on it.

SpursWoman
01-17-2007, 10:52 PM
They know where the pussy is at, that's why. :lol

It's called compromise. I spend most of my weekends watching SuperTroopers and Weapons of the Future and every other fucking StarWars/Doom/Saving Private Ryan shit and try to like it ... it doesn't kill him to watch what I want for an hour a week. BFD.

And the first few weeks of auditions are actually really funny ... he doesn't even try to humor me after that, anyway.

Marklar MM
01-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Super Troopers is fucking genious.

Mac: All right, how about "Cat Game?"
Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
Foster: Ten? Starting right 'meow?'
[Mac laughs - they walk up to the car, and Foster taps on the driver side]
Larry Johnson: Sorry about the...
Foster: All right meow. (1) Hand over your license and registration.
[the man hands him his license]
Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow. (2)
[Mac ticks off two fingers]
Larry Johnson: Sorry.
[the man laughs a little]
Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
Larry Johnson: Oh, no.
Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
[pause]
Foster: All right meow, (3) where were we?
Larry Johnson: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
Foster: Am I saying meow?
[Mac puts his hands up for the fourth one, but makes an "eehhh" facial expression, as he is considering the last one]
Larry Johnson: I thought...
Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, (4) do you know how fast you were going?
[man laughs]
Foster: Meow. (5) What is so damn funny?
Larry Johnson: I could have sworn you said meow.
Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree?
[Mac is gut-busting laughing]
Foster: Am I drinking milk from a saucer?
[feigned anger]
Foster: Do you see me eating mice?
Foster: [Mac and the man are laughing their heads off now] You stop laughing right meow! (6)
Larry Johnson: [the man stops and swallows hard] Yes sir.
Foster: Meow, (7) I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. (8) It's the law.
[rips off the ticket and hands it to the man]
Foster: Not so funny meow, (9) is it?
Foster: [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows] Meow! (10)

johngateswhiteley
01-17-2007, 11:10 PM
They know where the pussy is at, that's why. :lol

It's called compromise. I spend most of my weekends watching SuperTroopers and Weapons of the Future and every other fucking StarWars/Doom/Saving Private Ryan shit and try to like it ... it doesn't kill him to watch what I want for an hour a week. BFD.

And the first few weeks of auditions are actually really funny ... he doesn't even try to humor me after that, anyway.

no, i am not in a relationship...to answer your previous question. i enjoy being in and out of relationships, but my tune does not change one way or the other. you liked each other when you met...i see no reason to compromise that.

if watching super troopers and him watching american idol is y'alls version of compromise, hey, its your life enjoy it...more power to you. but i would never ask my girlfriend to watch sports or movies she doesn't like with me, if she wants to...great, if not, i don't care. but there is no way i am watching that bullshit whether she would want me to or not.

...the emasculation of men in this country is a trend i'd like to buck.

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 11:15 PM
let me ask this: when you get married do your nuts get cut off? maybe someone who is married can chime in. cause i have some friends, good friends, who are now married or engaged and they watch shit like the bachelor and american idol. and these were good dudes...guys who would never watch that garbage on their own. now they act like pussies during whatever time slots those shows are.

Im married and SW is right...its about compromise. That is also why we have 2 TV's. We watch a lot of things together but we are not so bent on having to watch everything together. We do watch the Idol auditions together because they are too damn funny but once the actual competition starts, we don't.

johngateswhiteley
01-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Im married and SW is right...its about compromise. That is also why we have 2 TV's. We watch a lot of things together but we are not so bent on having to watch everything together. We do watch the Idol auditions together because they are too damn funny but once the actual competition starts, we don't.

...i don't think thats compromise, i think thats giving up. :lol but like i told 'woman, if that works for you, great. wouldn't work for me, cause thats not my definition of compromise or how relationships work.

if you actually like the show, of course, thats a whole other story.

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Its not giving up at all. If you have two TV's why not use them? Better that then get into it over a TV show or have to watch a show you don't want. It keeps all parties involved happy. :)

Marklar MM
01-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Fair compromise...have sex.

samikeyp
01-17-2007, 11:27 PM
^^^even better! :tu

johngateswhiteley
01-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Its not giving up at all. If you have two TV's why not use them? Better that then get into it over a TV show or have to watch a show you don't want. It keeps all parties involved happy. :)

oops, i should have been more accurate. my bad. i was referring to you saying SW was right not the two TVs. hell, if i was saying what you thought i meant i would be arguing against myself, lol.

also, having sex is the best compromise...besides what else are girls good for? :married:

Fillmoe
01-17-2007, 11:41 PM
next time just make an I WANT ATTENTION thread..... ive never watched american idol in my life

Vinnie_Johnson
01-17-2007, 11:42 PM
American Idol, So you think you can dance, Dancing with the stars. They all blow who is watching this crap?

SpursWoman
01-17-2007, 11:47 PM
...the emasculation of men in this country is a trend i'd like to buck.

You define your manhood by what you watch or don't watch on television? :lol

ABDENOUR POWER
01-17-2007, 11:52 PM

If only your sig would do the same...

johngateswhiteley
01-17-2007, 11:58 PM

:rolleyes ...no. it was a general statement, though all the bullshit on tv doesn't help.

screamformelongbeach
01-18-2007, 02:26 AM
...thanks for that. i don't. it still sucks.

Agreed, but here's a tough one for you. What would be a worse torture...watching an hour of American Idol, or listening to 30 minutes of STSA followed by 30 minutes of Charlie and Chance? And who is more deserving of a world class beatdown, Chancellor or Taylor Hicks?

cornbread
01-18-2007, 02:38 AM

The day I knew my balls were history was when I realized that I could name all of the people on What Not To Wear.

SpursWoman
01-18-2007, 06:49 AM
:rolleyes ...no. it was a general statement, though all the bullshit on tv doesn't help.

Oh, okay. Then you obviously judge your friends' manhood by what they watch on TV.

They used to be good guys ... now they aren't because they got married and might happen to watch a few things on TV that they didn't used to.

Eh...whatever. Enjoy your bachelorhood. :lol

WilliamHung
01-18-2007, 08:04 AM
I love American Idol and never miss an episode.

She-Bangs!!!

j-6
01-18-2007, 09:38 AM
My old lady sat through three OT's of collegiate basketball Tuesday night, so I didn't raise a fuss until I found out that that damn Idol show is two hours long. I came equipped with a new book that I'm really getting into so I figured I could stand an hour of that crap then watch the Spurs game.

Two hours of watching random people try to sing is like watching paint dry. I'd read a few pages, look up, and the clock only would move three minutes. The worst part's that I don't think she even likes the show - she just watches it so she can contribute to the water cooler discussion at her office. But I wanted to spend some time with her, so sitting through an hour of unoriginal TV programming wasn't going to kill me. Two came close, but I survived.

Bitching to your woman about she's watching on TV is asinine. To me anyway, the idiot box isn't worth fighting over when I can go find something else to do. I know enough people that go straight home every night and camp out from 7-10 watching whatever mass-marketed crap is trendy and popular at the moment. Why fall into that trap personally?

Oh, and if you think American Idol is awful, there's a show that's even worse where people try out for a new Grease movie.

SpursWoman
01-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Oh, and if you think American Idol is awful, there's a show that's even worse where people try out for a new Grease movie.

That is the most excruciatingly horrible crap ever. I almost wanted to ground my daughter for even wanting to watch it. :lmao

jinglejangle
01-18-2007, 10:22 AM
You're def not alone.
San Antonio has always ranked among the lowest cities in the nation ratings wise for this show.

johngateswhiteley
01-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Agreed, but here's a tough one for you. What would be a worse torture...watching an hour of American Idol, or listening to 30 minutes of STSA followed by 30 minutes of Charlie and Chance? And who is more deserving of a world class beatdown, Chancellor or Taylor Hicks?

wow, thats a great question. i actually know who taylor hicks is cause he did a national anthem and some halftime show, recently, i think. i also believe, though i didn't know it at the time, he did some commercials.

...its a close one. hicks looks like a ferry prancing around the way he does and his voice sucks ass. he didn't win it all did he? i can't imagine he would have, then again, i guess it wouldn't surprise me.

leemajors
01-18-2007, 11:25 AM
something tells me johngateswhitley likes a real manly show like home improvement!

johngateswhiteley
01-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Oh, okay. Then you obviously judge your friends' manhood by what they watch on TV.

They used to be good guys ... now they aren't because they got married and might happen to watch a few things on TV that they didn't used to.

Eh...whatever. Enjoy your bachelorhood. :lol

1. they are not judged just by giving in and watching the crap their wives/fiances want...but instead their body of work (i don't live around any of them anymore, it doesn't really bother me, it just doesn't make any sense is what i am saying). i almost feel sorry for them...lol

2. i think you know what i am referring to; of course they are still good guys. its just they don't have their penises anymore. the tv thing is just a small example

3. i will enjoy it, thanks! and if it means i have to cut my balls off to get married...guess i am not getting married, at least not for a long long time

johngateswhiteley
01-18-2007, 11:34 AM
You're def not alone.
San Antonio has always ranked among the lowest cities in the nation ratings wise for this show.

i wonder where montana ranks, lol. i have not heard one person mention the show since i have been here....makes me all warm inside.

IceColdBrewski
01-18-2007, 02:51 PM
If you think you'll be able to get through a marriage without having to sit with wifey to watch a TV program you don't care for, you're just a fool who's kidding himself.

Like it or not, you WILL have to sit through a program you don't like once in a while just to keep her happy. It's going to happen, so you might as well accept it. Otherwise, you're doomed to a failed marriage, as well as the alimony and/or child support payments that might come with it. After a few arguments, a night or 2 on the couch, and the 3 hour "we need to talk about why we never spend time together anymore" lecture, you will absolutely come the conclusion that maybe an hour of watching Simon insult people isn't so bad after all.

Oh yeah. It's gonna happen. You can bank on that. And there isn't a married man on this forum who isn't laughing at the misery and frustration that awaits you if you try to fight it.

I suggest you spend several more years in the minors meat. You're nowhere near the pro's yet.

johngateswhiteley
01-18-2007, 03:25 PM
If you think you'll be able to get through a marriage without having to sit with wifey to watch a TV program you don't care for, you're just a fool who's kidding himself.

Like it or not, you WILL have to sit through a program you don't like once in a while just to keep her happy. It's going to happen, so you might as well accept it. Otherwise, you're doomed to a failed marriage, as well as the alimony and/or child support payments that might come with it. After a few arguments, a night or 2 on the couch, and the 3 hour "we need to talk about why never spend time together anymore" lecture, you will absolutely come the conclusion that maybe an hour of watching Simon insult people isn't so bad after all.

Oh yeah. It's gonna happen. You can bank on that. And there isn't a married man on this forum who isn't laughing at the misery and frustration that awaits you if you try to fight it.

I suggest you spend several more years in the minors meat. You're nowhere near the pro's yet.

interesting...

1. i am saying if she loves me, and i love her, she won't want me to sit there and watch a program i care less about. i'd never ask her to do that...and if you think i'll get a talk that we are not spending enough time together b/c i won't sit there and pull my hair...i think you're nuts

2. its simple, i am going to marry someone (cause i control that) that has some things in common with me and more thank likely has some different interests as well. we will compliment each other's lives, but not try and rule or run them. if she wants to go out with her girlfriends and do her thing, shit, go ahead. i expect the same support from her, cause relationships, imo, are about finding someone who compliments you...not people that are going to change each other's lives...i like who i am

3. i love the minor leagues, my friend girls keep it simple. if i had my druthers, i'd date girls aged 18-23 for a long time...i'm 26, btw. although, i was dating a girl that was 30 right before i moved up here...that was fun for a while

4. look, i am not saying i know it all, i don't. shit i am not even close to getting married. but i will say this...i am not going to compromise myself for any woman. i am not going to plan my life around any woman. and i am not going to settle in any relationship. that i can guarantee. i'll be there when 'my' girl needs me, i'll care for her, be loyal, we'll spend time together, all that good stuff. i may even watch a show i don't want to when she is sick or whatever, but i will not change who i am for anyone. and i certainly won't be cuddling on the coach watching bullshit weekly, monthly, or whatever you married chumps do. keep in mind, watching american idol and whatnot is only a very small piece of what i am talking about

...there is a woman out there for me, someday i'll run into her...but i'm in no hurry. could be tomorrow, but who knows.

leemajors
01-18-2007, 03:36 PM
interesting...

1. i am saying if she loves me, and i love her, she won't want me to sit there and watch a program i care less about. i'd never ask her to do that...and if you think i'll get a talk that we are not spending enough time together b/c i won't sit there and pull my hair...i think you're nuts

2. its simple, i am going to marry someone (cause i control that) that has some things in common with me and more thank likely has some different interests as well. we will compliment each other's lives, but not try and rule or run them. if she wants to go out with her girlfriends and do her thing, shit, go ahead. i expect the same support from her, cause relationships, imo, are about finding someone who compliments you...not people that are going to change each other's lives...i like who i am

3. i love the minor leagues, my friend girls keep it simple. if i had my druthers, i'd date girls aged 18-23 for a long time...i'm 26, btw. although, i was dating a girl that was 30 right before i moved up here...that was fun for a while

4. look, i am not saying i know it all, i don't. shit i am not even close to getting married. but i will say this...i am not going to compromise myself for any woman. i am not going to plan my life around any woman. and i am not going to settle in any relationship. that i can guarantee. i'll be there when 'my' girl needs me, i'll care for her, be loyal, we'll spend time together, all that good stuff. i may even watch a show i don't want to when she is sick or whatever, but i will not change who i am for anyone. and i certainly won't be cuddling on the coach watching bullshit weekly, monthly, or whatever you married chumps do. keep in mind, watching american idol and whatnot is only a very small piece of what i am talking about

...there is a woman out there for me, someday i'll run into her...but i'm in no hurry. could be tomorrow, but who knows.

i think we'll be able to hear the thud here in texas from montana when you fall. watching a show and humoring someone you love a couple times a week is in no way compromising yourself. you're not gonna find someone who likes everything you do and won't ask you to make small sacrifices in a relationship. i think professor farnsworth said it best:
Farnsworth: Make up with her? After she went all psycho when I thought everything was cool? Impossible!

SpursWoman
01-18-2007, 03:39 PM

Like it or not, you WILL have to sit through a program you don't like once in a while just to keep her happy. It's going to happen, so you might as well accept it. Otherwise, you're doomed to a failed marriage, as well as the alimony and/or child support payments that might come with it. After a few arguments, a night or 2 on the couch, and the 3 hour "we need to talk about why never spend time together anymore" lecture, you will absolutely come the conclusion that maybe an hour of watching Simon insult people isn't so bad after all.

:tu :lmao :lmao

johngateswhiteley
01-18-2007, 03:40 PM
i think we'll be able to hear the thud here in texas from montana when you fall. watching a show and humoring someone you love a couple times a week is in no way compromising yourself. you're not gonna find someone who likes everything you do and won't ask you to make small sacrifices in a relationship. i think professor farnsworth said it best:
Farnsworth: Make up with her? After she went all psycho when I thought everything was cool? Impossible!

:lol ...i am talking about a lot more than just watching tv together. btw, i think you and i have different ideas of the meaning of sacrifice.

leemajors
01-18-2007, 03:44 PM
:lol ...i am talking about a lot more than just watching tv together. btw, i think you and i have different ideas of the meaning of sacrifice.

ehh, probably - the thread is about tv though. i watch almost all the sports i want, and i have to watch seventh heaven every week. outside of that, we pretty much like the same shows and dvr them to watch them together. i also watch dora the explorer, little einsteins and sesame street daily but my daughter loves those shows so much it's fun to just watch her watch them. in a weird turn of events though, i bought my fiancee an iPod Shuffle for christmas and she won't take the damn thing off when i'm talking to HER a lot of the time... :lol

SpursWoman
01-18-2007, 03:47 PM
4. look, i am not saying i know it all, i don't. shit i am not even close to getting married.

If you get that upset (as you appear to be in this thread) over what you think you may or may not *have* to watch without threatening your manhood, just to humor someone you're supposed to love, you most definitely are not.

I wouldn't even consider getting involved with anyone until you can clearly distinguish between trivial bullshit and what actually matters. A hint: TV is trivial bullshit. :lol

j-6
01-18-2007, 03:51 PM
but i will say this...i am not going to compromise myself for any woman. i am not going to plan my life around any woman.

All bullshit aside, I wish you the best of luck on that one. If you aren't willing to compromise, that means that some woman will be compromising with you on basically everything until she tires of your shit and starts banging the golf pro.

Cuddling and showing affection on the couch while pretending to watch Gray's Anatomy or whatever is the same thing as buying drinks and making small talk at the bar with some chick. We're all trying to get laid here.

johngateswhiteley
01-18-2007, 04:06 PM
All bullshit aside, I wish you the best of luck on that one. If you aren't willing to compromise, that means that some woman will be compromising with you on basically everything until she tires of your shit and starts banging the golf pro.

Cuddling and showing affection on the couch while pretending to watch Gray's Anatomy or whatever is the same thing as buying drinks and making small talk at the bar with some chick. We're all trying to get laid here.

1. i'd never ask a girl to compromise, thats the thing. but i understand what you're saying...what i am saying is the girl i marry won't feel like that

2. who says i won't be cuddling on the couch with my girl, i will be. i enjoy spending time like that with my girl....but we'll do it watching or listening to stuff we both like. she can watch and do the other stuff herself and with friends...

SpursWoman,
...believe it or not, i have been in love before. to a beautiful and wonderful girl...i know much more than you might think. and thanks for making my point...the tv is trivial....my point exactly (well, one of them, rather).

BeerIsGood!
01-19-2007, 12:53 AM
This thread hits the nail on the head regarding many people's relationships. The way I see it - I'd rather spend 2 hours watching American Idol or Grease or whatever with my girl than watch anything else without her (except the 'Horns and Spurs :smokin ). That's what happens when you love someone. You never think that will happen, but it does. I honestly don't miss my bachelor days one bit.

johngateswhiteley
01-19-2007, 12:59 AM
This thread hits the nail on the head regarding many people's relationships. The way I see it - I'd rather spend 2 hours watching American Idol or Grease or whatever with my girl than watch anything else without her (except the 'Horns and Spurs :smokin ). That's what happens when you love someone. You never think that will happen, but it does. I honestly don't miss my bachelor days one bit.

i have loved someone...it didn't make me want to watch shit shows with her or never hang out with my other friends. its called balance...the time spent apart makes the relationship ever so sweeter.

...my opinion on this will never change or falter. i am a student of relationships and every one i have seen fail is b/c:

1. people change
2. give up their previous life
3. don't keep it interesting
4. don't have enough 'other' stuff in their life

screamformelongbeach
01-19-2007, 02:15 PM
...its a close one. hicks looks like a ferry prancing around the way he does and his voice sucks ass. he didn't win it all did he? i can't imagine he would have, then again, i guess it wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah, that piece of crap actually won last season's American Idol. Who on earth would "idolize" that douchebag? Any show that produces "idols" like Hicks and that fat pig Kelly Clarkson and shoves them down our collective throats needs to be eradicated from the TV landscape (along with that pederast David Chancellor).

T-Pain
01-19-2007, 02:19 PM
i support the purpose of this thread. i hate american idol!

johngateswhiteley
01-19-2007, 02:45 PM

:clap

Condemned 2 HelLA
01-19-2007, 02:47 PM

:tu

King
01-19-2007, 02:55 PM
In all fairness, JGW talks like every single guy has ever talked. And the funny thing is, he actually believes what he says. That he's going to call all the shots, and that's just how it's going to be.

Your argument isn't new. It's what we all believed at one point. And you'll continue to talk your big game right up until the minute you're sitting on the couch watching American Idol or Grey's Anatomy.

But it's going to change - it's out of your hands. You know it, I know it, and every woman in here knows it. Resistance is futile.

johngateswhiteley
01-19-2007, 04:26 PM
In all fairness, JGW talks like every single guy has ever talked. And the funny thing is, he actually believes what he says. That he's going to call all the shots, and that's just how it's going to be.

Your argument isn't new. It's what we all believed at one point. And you'll continue to talk your big game right up until the minute you're sitting on the couch watching American Idol or Grey's Anatomy.

But it's going to change - it's out of your hands. You know it, I know it, and every woman in here knows it. Resistance is futile.

i completely understand why you'd say that, but whats keeping you from believing...is you don't know nor have you ever met me.

1. i don't believe i am going to call all the shots
2. its not out of my hands
3. any guy that believes this shit, is a pussy

i think most guys are pussies nowadays, they let women control them and have no idea what a 50/50 relationship is. in fact a 50/50 relationship probably seems like 75/25 to most people...its such an old concept. if you feel i am doomed in relationships...fine, i know i'm not. i'm looking for a girl thats hot, strong, sweet, and independent. there's plenty...in fact i already let 2 get away...

SpursWoman
01-19-2007, 04:47 PM
i completely understand why you'd say that, but whats keeping you from believing...is you don't know nor have you ever met me.

i think most guys are pussies nowadays, they let women control them and have no idea what a 50/50 relationship is. in fact a 50/50 relationship probably seems like 75/25 to most people...its such an old concept. if you feel i am doomed in relationships...fine, i know i'm not. i'm looking for a girl thats hot, strong, sweet, and independent. there's plenty...in fact i already let 2 get away...

If by pussy you mean not quite so selfish, self-centered, egotistical and chauvinistic ... then thank God. :spin

Mijo
01-19-2007, 04:58 PM
To be honest, I hated the wife's shows at first but now after watching a few I developed a liking for some of them and she has done the same for me. It's not like we have to compromise to watch shows we each like anymore. I've grown on her and she's done the same for me. She likes basketball, football, and boxing and well I've learned to enjoy watching (some) reality tv and shows like Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives.

Extra Stout
01-19-2007, 04:58 PM

Yeah, good luck with that. Really, you just have no idea.

Between college football on Saturday, NFL on Sunday, and the Spurs once or twice a week, I'm getting enough of my own programming that in order to approach 50/50 I'm tied down to a whole lot of Grey's Anatomy, Food Network, and TLC.

At least we both like 24 and Lost.

johngateswhiteley
01-19-2007, 05:00 PM
If by pussy you mean not quite so selfish, self-centered, egotistical and chauvinistic ... then thank God. :spin

...heh, we meet again. whats funny, if we met, you'd love me. never met a girl who didn't...and i don't mean you'd want to date me, you might, but you'd like me as a person. i'm likable...

1. am i selfish...perhaps a little, but thats necessary
2. self-centered...in a positive way, yes. i am independent
3. egotistical...i do care very much about others and my would be significant other
4. i don't believe men are better than women...quite the contrary, this entire argument proves that. i'd be surprised if you didn't see that

i find it interesting that you might come to some of these conclusions, about me. however, i do take some of them as compliments.

SpursWoman
01-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Although you do come across as pretty self-centered in this thread, I learned not judge people from forums...I've met most of the forum jackasses, and all but about 1 are actually nice in person. :lol

I actually was thinking in general ... like before men have allegedly become pussies ... when men were men, they wore the pants, etc., etc.

johngateswhiteley
01-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah, good luck with that. Really, you just have no idea.

Between college football on Saturday, NFL on Sunday, and the Spurs once or twice a week, I'm getting enough of my own programming that in order to approach 50/50 I'm tied down to a whole lot of Grey's Anatomy, Food Network, and TLC.

At least we both like 24 and Lost.

who says she has to watch CFB, NFL, and NBA with you? unless she wants to...and why the hell do you have to sit there and watch her shows with her? you can't:

1. go for hike
2. read a book
3. ride a bike
4. go for a drive
5. drink a brew
6. hang out with friends
7. play a board game
8. see a movie
9. do some work
10. workout
11. cook...whatever

johngateswhiteley
01-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Although you do come across as pretty self-centered in this thread, I learned not judge people from forums...I've met most of the forum jackasses, and all but about 1 are actually nice in person. :lol

I actually was thinking in general ... like before men have allegedly become pussies ... when men were men, they wore the pants, etc., etc.

how do i come across as self-centered...in a bad way that is? i don't see it. btw, i don't believe all that women should be home with the kids all the time, in kitchen, or whatever stuff...just for the record.

MannyIsGod
01-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Interesting thread. Not what I expected when I opened it.

I'm not married but considering we live together...

Jess and I tend to like the same shows. I think there are a couple of shows she likes that I do, such as Gray's Anatomy (I just can't get into that shit). She also didn't like Hero's at first, but I believe she's started to like that. We end up watching stuff like 24 together because we both like it, but we don't ever make each other watch something with the other. Thats weird to me. When it comes to movies we like some of the same movies but Jess likes way more movies than me and she watches them by herself. She'll even go to the movies by herself as opposed to subjecting me to some crap I don't want to see.

Women that force their boyfriends/husbands to watch shit they don't want to watch are mean.

johngateswhiteley
01-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Interesting thread. Not what I expected when I opened it.

I'm not married but considering we live together...

Jess and I tend to like the same shows. I think there are a couple of shows she likes that I do, such as Gray's Anatomy (I just can't get into that shit). She also didn't like Hero's at first, but I believe she's started to like that. We end up watching stuff like 24 together because we both like it, but we don't ever make each other watch something with the other. Thats weird to me. When it comes to movies we like some of the same movies but Jess likes way more movies than me and she watches them by herself. She'll even go to the movies by herself as opposed to subjecting me to some crap I don't want to see.

Women that force their boyfriends/husbands to watch shit they don't want to watch are mean.

outstanding Manny...simply outstanding. i am surprised how much we tend to agree. in any case, your relationship is what i am talking about...you each have your own things. and this does parallel many other relationship issues...as well.

Spurminator
01-19-2007, 05:32 PM
I watch most of "my" shows (24, The Office, Friday Night Lights, South Park) after my wife goes to bed, which is usually around 9:00. When she watches "her" shows (American Idol, any fashion show, Big Brother, Desperate Housewives), I'm usually on the computer.

She doesn't mind watching sports with me, except baseball. And we have several shows we both like (Lost, Heroes, Earl, and *preparing for onslaught* Ugly Betty).

johngateswhiteley
01-19-2007, 05:36 PM
I watch most of "my" shows (24, The Office, Friday Night Lights, South Park) after my wife goes to bed, which is usually around 9:00. When she watches "her" shows (American Idol, any fashion show, Big Brother, Desperate Housewives), I'm usually on the computer.

She doesn't mind watching sports with me, except baseball. And we have several shows we both like (Lost, Heroes, Earl, and *preparing for onslaught* Ugly Betty).

while your taste in shows may be questionable... :lol, this is another great example of good stuff.

MannyIsGod
01-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Ugly Betty is pretty decent. I watch it now. Its funny.

Oh, and boyfriends/husbands that make their GFs watch sports are not only mean, but really fucking stupid. WHY MAN, WHY?

Marklar MM
01-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Shit men. I watch the girl shows just to be with her. Hell. I have to watch A Walk to Remember tomorrow.

johngateswhiteley
01-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Shit men. I watch the girl shows just to be with her. Hell. I have to watch A Walk to Remember tomorrow.

well, thats your choice and your life...i don't have to understand it, even though i don't. seems to me there are lots of other opportunities to spend time together.

anyway, i don't even watch tv shows...don't like any of them. i'll watch a few sitcoms here and there (that 70's show, Seinfeld, Cheers, some random comedy central) but i am not watching anything weekly other than my meat and potatoes (sports and movies).

johngateswhiteley
01-19-2007, 05:57 PM
btw, that new old spice commercial with the guy in the locker room holding the bball....is hilarious.

johnsmith
01-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Television shows that you don't want to watch and your girlfriend/fiance/wife does want to watch, is why xbox was invented.........that's my solution.

It works like a charm.

Me: What do you want to do?
Her: I want to watch my TIVO'd Oprah.
Me: Hmmmm, I don't really want to watch that, I'm going to go upstairs and play Xbox.
Her: Great, then I'll watch my show.

There, now I'm a big sweetie for letting her watch her show on the bigger TV downstairs and I get to take the Broncos to yet another super bowl on Madden.

I'm awesome.

SpursWoman
01-19-2007, 06:14 PM
We don't watch anything regularly other than Discovery Channel(s) shows, and we both like those ... or movies or sports. I usually let him pick whatever else because 99% of the time I'll enjoy it regardless. That, and he can look at the TW guide and find something, whereas I'll look at the guide all night and not find shit. :lol

And he'll watch the first few episodes of American Idol with me, because the auditions are funny ... but after that he can usually be found on the computer. And if I try to talk to him about it, he'll just smile and nod like he GAF about it, just to humor me. And I love him for that. :makeout :lol

I wouldn't make him watch anything with me that he didn't want to ... but if he did anyway, I wouldn't think he was a pussy ... he's just more likely to get some pussy. Because cuddling on the couch happens to turn me on, whatever we're watching. Spending the evening in 2 separate rooms just doesn't have the same effect, you know?

johngateswhiteley
01-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Television shows that you don't want to watch and your girlfriend/fiance/wife does want to watch, is why xbox was invented.........that's my solution.

It works like a charm.

Me: What do you want to do?
Her: I want to watch my TIVO'd Oprah.
Me: Hmmmm, I don't really want to watch that, I'm going to go upstairs and play Xbox.
Her: Great, then I'll watch my show.

There, now I'm a big sweetie for letting her watch her show on the bigger TV downstairs and I get to take the Broncos to yet another super bowl on Madden.

I'm awesome.

http://theomelet.com/media/1/20051005-guinness.png

johngateswhiteley
01-19-2007, 06:50 PM
We don't watch anything regularly other than Discovery Channel(s) shows, and we both like those ... or movies or sports. I usually let him pick whatever else because 99% of the time I'll enjoy it regardless. That, and he can look at the TW guide and find something, whereas I'll look at the guide all night and not find shit. :lol

And he'll watch the first few episodes of American Idol with me, because the auditions are funny ... but after that he can usually be found on the computer. And if I try to talk to him about it, he'll just smile and nod like he GAF about it, just to humor me. And I love him for that. :makeout :lol

I wouldn't make him watch anything with me that he didn't want to ... but if he did anyway, I wouldn't think he was a pussy ... he's just more likely to get some pussy. Because cuddling on the couch happens to turn me on, whatever we're watching. Spending the evening in 2 separate rooms just doesn't have the same effect, you know?

1. happy for you 2
2. nobody says you can't spend the evening together just cause you watched a show seperately

mookie2001
01-19-2007, 06:53 PM
well jgw i agree- american idol sucks

johngateswhiteley
01-23-2007, 09:17 PM
...still sucks.

mookie2001
01-23-2007, 09:26 PM
jgw makes some good points, as a note- in the past spurswoman and others have often dismissed persons without families and children

johngateswhiteley
01-23-2007, 09:27 PM
jgw makes some good points, as a note- in the past spurswoman and others have often dismissed persons without families and children

what do you mean?

SpursWoman
01-24-2007, 05:00 PM
what do you mean?

That he likes to rehash old arguments ad nausem, randomly spitting them out there like anyone really GAF about it anymore ... and that are totally irrelevant in the topic in which he posts them ... :spin

SpursWoman
01-24-2007, 05:05 PM
BTW ... this thread has become a running joke in my house. I made him watch American Idol with me last night, and he'll be making me watch Sergeant York as soon as he can get his hands on a copy of it. :lol

johngateswhiteley
01-24-2007, 05:10 PM
BTW ... this thread has become a running joke in my house. I made him watch American Idol with me last night, and he'll be making me watch Sergeant York as soon as he can get his hands on a copy of it. :lol

:nope

johnsmith
01-24-2007, 06:12 PM

Wow, your house sounds fucking hilarious. :rolleyes

SpursWoman
01-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Considering how ridiculous it is to judge someone's manhood by what they watch with their SO's....yeah, it is fucking funny.

Since we don't feel put out being in each other's company, whatever it is we're doing.

:rolleyes :rolleyes

SpursWoman
01-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Of course, happening upon several other of the originator of this thread's posts I've noticed that he pretty much thinks every man who doesn't like what he likes is a pussy.

johngateswhiteley
01-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Of course, happening upon several other of the originator of this thread's posts I've noticed that he pretty much thinks every man who doesn't like what he likes is a pussy.

well, thats possible. :) btw, how long have you been married?

SpursWoman
01-24-2007, 07:14 PM
well, thats possible. :) btw, how long have you been married?

I forgot the " :lol " after that, btw.

We've been together a little over 2 years ... shacked up for a year & a half. :drunk

Rusty Shackleford
01-24-2007, 07:19 PM
That last chick could sing.

Elvis should be gooood.

01Snake
01-24-2007, 07:21 PM
I think the show is funny as hell up until the auditions end. Then I lose all interest in it.

I can't wait to see all the idiots from San Antonio next week.

johngateswhiteley
01-24-2007, 07:21 PM
I forgot the " :lol " after that, btw.

We've been together a little over 2 years ... shacked up for a year & a half. :drunk

newlyweds, then.....give it some time. or, maybe you're the exception to the rule, though i believe in human nature and everything takes its toll sooner or later.

Rusty Shackleford
01-24-2007, 07:22 PM
I think the show is funny as hell up until the auditions end. Then I lose all interest in it.

I can't wait to see all the idiots from San Antonio next week.

I NEED to see someone I know.

SpursWoman
01-24-2007, 07:27 PM
newlyweds, then.....give it some time. or, maybe you're the exception to the rule, though i believe in human nature and everything takes its toll sooner or later.

I was with my ex-husband for 10 miserable years ... I know all about things taking their toll....and being able to appreciate when things are 654621654321654 X's better. It's because we have almost everything in common .... sound familiar? :spin

And he made it clear again that once auditions are over, I'm on my own. :lol

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-24-2007, 07:35 PM
I can't seem to wrap my mind around why people enjoy American Idol so much.

Me? I'd rather watch infomercials than that crap.

SpursWoman
01-24-2007, 07:45 PM
I can't seem to wrap my mind around why people enjoy American Idol so much.

The same reason people rubber-neck at car accidents I suppose ... sometimes you just can't help it. :nerd

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-24-2007, 07:47 PM
It is a train wreck, but I would think it's lust some luster over the years. At least, that's what I'm hoping...

mookie2001
01-24-2007, 07:48 PM
you have to make sacrifices for your family like watching american idol

mookie2001
01-24-2007, 07:52 PM

johngateswhiteley
01-24-2007, 08:10 PM
I was with my ex-husband for 10 miserable years ... I know all about things taking their toll....and being able to appreciate when things are 654621654321654 X's better. It's because we have almost everything in common .... sound familiar? :spin

And he made it clear again that once auditions are over, I'm on my own. :lol

well, good luck you two.

johngateswhiteley
01-31-2007, 09:24 PM
still sucks.

johngateswhiteley
02-06-2007, 11:09 PM
sucks!!!!

mikejones99
02-09-2007, 06:34 AM
Mostly retards that can't sing and a few hot chix. If you tivo this show you could watch a two hour show in under 5 minutes.

johngateswhiteley
02-09-2007, 06:49 AM
Mostly retards that can't sing and a few hot chix. If you tivo this show you could watch a two hour show in under 5 minutes.

:lol

BIG IRISH
02-09-2007, 07:02 AM

I'm sure he doesn't but this article might explain what is wrong with the
younger generation.

The Pussification Of The Western Male
Kim du Toit
November 5, 2003

We have become a nation of women.

It wasn’t always this way, of course. There was a time when men put their signatures to a document, knowing full well that this single act would result in their execution if captured, and in the forfeiture of their property to the State. Their wives and children would be turned out by the soldiers, and their farms and businesses most probably given to someone who didn’t sign the document.

There was a time when men went to their certain death, with expressions like “You all can go to hell. I’m going to Texas.” (Davy Crockett, to the House of Representatives, before going to the Alamo.)

There was a time when men went to war, sometimes against their own families, so that other men could be free. And there was a time when men went to war because we recognized evil when we saw it, and knew that it had to be stamped out.

There was even a time when a President of the United States threatened to punch a man in the face and kick him in the balls, because the man had the temerity to say bad things about the President’s daughter’s singing.

We’re not like that anymore.

Now, little boys in grade school are suspended for playing cowboys and Indians, cops and crooks, and all the other familiar variations of “good guy vs. bad guy” that helped them learn, at an early age, what it was like to have decent men hunt you down, because you were a lawbreaker.

Now, men are taught that violence is bad—that when a thief breaks into your house, or threatens you in the street, that the proper way to deal with this is to “give him what he wants”, instead of taking a horsewhip to the rascal or shooting him dead where he stands.

Now, men’s fashion includes not a man dressed in a three-piece suit, but a tight sweater worn by a man with breasts.

Now, warning labels are indelibly etched into gun barrels, as though men have somehow forgotten that guns are dangerous things.

Now, men are given Ritalin as little boys, so that their natural aggressiveness, curiosity and restlessness can be controlled, instead of nurtured and directed.

And finally, our President, who happens to have been a qualified fighter pilot, lands on an aircraft carrier wearing a flight suit, and is immediately dismissed with words like “swaggering”, “macho” and the favorite epithet of Euro girly-men, “cowboy”. Of course he was bound to get that reaction—and most especially from the Press in Europe, because the process of male pussification Over There is almost complete.

How did we get to this?

In the first instance, what we have to understand is that America is first and foremost, a culture dominated by one figure: Mother. It wasn’t always so: there was a time when it was Father who ruled the home, worked at his job, and voted.

But in the twentieth century, women became more and more involved in the body politic, and in industry, and in the media—and mostly, this has not been a good thing. When women got the vote, it was inevitable that government was going to become more powerful, more intrusive, and more “protective” (ie. more coddling), because women are hard-wired to treasure security more than uncertainty and danger. It was therefore inevitable that their feminine influence on politics was going to emphasize (lowercase “s") social security.

I am aware of the fury that this statement is going to arouse, and I don’t care a fig.

What I care about is the fact that since the beginning of the twentieth century, there has been a concerted campaign to denigrate men, to reduce them to figures of fun, and to render them impotent, figuratively speaking.

I’m going to illustrate this by talking about TV, because TV is a reliable barometer of our culture.

In the 1950s, the TV Dad was seen as the lovable goofball—perhaps the beginning of the trend—BUT he was still the one who brought home the bacon, and was the main source of discipline (think of the line: “Wait until your father gets home!").

From that, we went to this: the Cheerios TV ad.

Now, for those who haven’t seen this piece of shit, I’m going to go over it, from memory, because it epitomizes everything I hate about the campaign to pussify men. The scene opens at the morning breakfast table, where the two kids are sitting with Dad at the table, while Mom prepares stuff on the kitchen counter. The dialogue goes something like this:

Little girl (note, not little boy): Daddy, why do we eat Cheerios?
Dad: Because they contain fiber, and all sorts of stuff that’s good for the heart. I eat it now, because of that.
LG: Did you always eat stuff that was bad for your heart, Daddy?
Dad (humorously): I did, until I met your mother.
Mother (not humorously): Daddy did a lot of stupid things before he met your mother.

Now, every time I see that TV ad, I have to be restrained from shooting the TV with a .45 Colt. If you want a microcosm of how men have become less than men, this is the perfect example.

What Dad should have replied to Mommy’s little dig: Yes, Sally, that’s true: I did do a lot of stupid things before I met your mother. I even slept with your Aunt Ruth a few times, before I met your mother.

That’s what I would have said, anyway, if my wife had ever attempted to castrate me in front of the kids like that.

But that’s not what men do, of course. What this guy is going to do is smile ruefully, finish his cereal, and then go and fuck his secretary, who doesn’t try to cut his balls off on a daily basis. Then, when the affair is discovered, people are going to rally around the castrating bitch called his wife, and call him all sorts of names. He’ll lose custody of his kids, and they will be brought up by our ultimate modern-day figure of sympathy: The Single Mom. You know what? Some women deserve to be single moms.

When I first started this website, I think my primary aim was to blow off steam at the stupidity of our society.

Because I have fairly set views on what constitutes right and wrong, I have no difficulty in calling Bill Clinton, for example, a fucking liar and hypocrite.

But most of all, I do this website because I love being a man. Amongst other things, I talk about guns, self-defense, politics, beautiful women, sports, warfare, hunting, and power tools—all the things that being a man entails. All this stuff gives me pleasure.

And it doesn’t take much to see when all the things I love are being threatened: for instance, when Tim Allen’s excellent comedy routine on being a man is reduced to a fucking sitcom called Home Improvement. The show should have been called Man Improvement, because that’s what every single plotline entailed: turning a man into a “better” person, instead of just leaving him alone to work on restoring the vintage sports car in his garage. I stopped watching the show after about four episodes.

("The Man Show” was better, at least for the first season—men leering at chicks, men fucking around with ridiculous games like “pin the bra on the boobies”, men having beer-drinking competitions, and women on trampolines. Excellent stuff, only not strong enough. I don’t watch it anymore, either, because it’s plain that the idea has been subverted by girly-men, and turned into a parody of itself.)

Finally, we come to the TV show which to my mind epitomizes everything bad about what we have become: Queer Eye For The Straight Guy. Playing on the homo Bravo Channel, this piece of excrement has taken over the popular culture by storm (and so far, the only counter has been the wonderful South Park episode which took it apart for the bullshit it is).

I’m sorry, but the premise of the show nauseates me. A bunch of homosexuals trying to “improve” ordinary men into something “better” (ie. more acceptable to women): changing the guy’s clothes, his home decor, his music—for fuck’s sake, what kind of girly-man would allow these simpering butt-bandits to change his life around?

Yes, the men are, by and large, slobs. Big fucking deal. Last time I looked, that’s normal. Men are slobs, and that only changes when women try to civilize them by marriage. That’s the natural order of things.

You know the definition of homosexual men we used in Chicago? “Men with small dogs who own very tidy apartments.”

Real men, on the other hand, have big fucking mean-ass dogs: Rhodesian ridgebacks, bull terriers and Rottweilers, or else working dogs like pointers or retrievers which go hunting with them and slobber all over the furniture.

Women own lapdogs.

Which is why women are trying to get dog-fighting and cock-fighting banned—they’d ban boxing too, if they could—because it’s “mean and cruel”. No shit, Shirley. Hell, I don’t like the idea of fighting dogs, either, but I don’t have a problem with men who do. Dogs and cocks fight. So do men. No wonder we have an affinity for it.

My website has become fairly popular with men, and in the beginning, this really surprised me, because I didn’t think I was doing anything special.

That’s not what I think now. I must have had well over five thousand men write to me to say stuff like “Yes! I agree! I was so angry when I read about [insert atrocity of choice], but I thought I was the only one.”

No, you’re not alone, my friends, and nor am I.

Out there, there is a huge number of men who are sick of it. We’re sick of being made figures of fun and ridicule; we’re sick of having girly-men like journalists, advertising agency execs and movie stars decide on “what is a man”; we’re sick of women treating us like children, and we’re really fucking sick of girly-men politicians who pander to women by passing an ever-increasing raft of Nanny laws and regulations (the legal equivalent of public-school Ritalin), which prevent us from hunting, racing our cars and motorcycles, smoking, flirting with women at the office, getting into fistfights over women, shooting criminals and doing all the fine things which being a man entails.

When Annika Sorenstam was allowed to play in that tournament on the men’s PGA tour, all the men should have refused to play—Vijay Singh was the only one with balls to stand up for a principle, and he was absolutely excoriated for being a “chauvinist”. Bullshit. He wasn’t a chauvinist, he was being a man. All the rest of the players—Woods, Mickelson, the lot—are girls by comparison. And, needless to say, Vijay isn’t an American, nor a European, which is probably why he still has a pair hanging between his legs, and they’re not hanging on the wall as his wife’s trophy.

Fuck this, I’m sick of it.

I don’t see why I should put up with this bullshit any longer—hell, I don’t see why any man should put up with this bullshit any longer.

I don’t see why men should have become feminized, except that we allowed it to happen—and you know why we let it happen? Because it’s goddamned easier to do so. Unfortunately, we’ve allowed it to go too far, and our maleness has become too pussified for words.

At this point, I could have gone two ways: the first would be to say, “...and I don’t know if we’ll get it back. The process has become too entrenched, the cultural zeitgeist of men as girls has become part of the social fabric, and there’s not much we can do about it.”

But I’m not going to do that. To quote John Belushi (who was, incidentally, a real man and not a fucking woman): “Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?”

Well, I’m not going to quit. Fuck that. One of the characteristics of the non-pussified man (and this should strike fear into the hearts of women and girly-men everywhere) is that he never quits just because the odds seem overwhelming. Omaha Beach, guys.

I want a real man as President—not Al Gore, who had to hire a consultant to show him how to be an Alpha male, and french-kiss his wife on live TV to “prove” to the world that he was a man, when we all knew that real men don’t have to do that shit.

And I want the Real Man President to surround himself with other Real Men, like Rumsfeld, and Ashcroft, and yes, Rice (who is more of a Real Man than those asswipes Colin Powell and Norman Mineta).

I want our government to be more like Dad—kind, helpful, but not afraid to punish us when we fuck up, instead of helping us excuse our actions.

I want our government of real men to start rolling back the Nanny State, in all its horrible manifestations of over-protectiveness, intrusiveness and “Mommy Knows Best What’s Good For You” regulations.

I want our culture to become more male—and not the satirical kind of male, like The Man Show, or the cartoonish figures of Stallone, Van Damme or Schwartzenegger. (Note to the Hollywood execs: We absolutely fucking loathe chick movies about feelings and relationships and all that feminine jive. We want more John Waynes, Robert Mitchums, Bruce Willises, and Clint Eastwoods. Never mind that it’s simplistic— we like simple, we are simple, we are men—our lives are uncomplicated, and we like it that way. We Were Soldiers was a great movie, and you know why? Because you could have cut out all the female parts, and it still would have been a great movie, because it was about Real Men. Try cutting out all the female parts in a Woody Allen movie—you’d end up with the opening and closing credits.)

I want our literature to become more male, less female. Men shouldn’t buy “self-help” books unless the subject matter is car maintenance, golf swing improvement or how to disassemble a fucking Browning BAR. We don’t improve ourselves, we improve our stuff.

And finally, I want men everywhere to going back to being Real Men. To open doors for women, to drive fast cars, to smoke cigars after a meal, to get drunk occasionally and, in the words of Col. Jeff Cooper, one of the last of the Real Men: “to ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth.”

In every sense of the word. We know what the word “is” means.

Because that’s all that being a Real Man involves. You don’t have to become a fucking cartoon male, either: I’m not going back to stoning women for adultery like those Muslim assholes do, nor am I suggesting we support that perversion of being a Real Man, gangsta rap artists (those fucking pussies—they wouldn’t last thirty seconds against a couple of genuine tough guys that I know).

Speaking of rap music, do you want to know why more White boys buy that crap than Black boys do? You know why rape is such a problem on college campuses? Why binge drinking is a problem among college freshmen?

It’s a reaction: a reaction against being pussified. And I understand it, completely. Young males are aggressive, they do fight amongst themselves, they are destructive, and all this does happen for a purpose.

Because only the strong men propagate.

And women know it. You want to know why I know this to be true? Because powerful men still attract women. Women, even liberal women, swooned over George Bush in a naval aviator’s uniform. Donald Trump still gets access to some of the most beautiful pussy available, despite looking like a medieval gargoyle. Donald Rumsfeld, if he wanted to, could fuck 90% of all women over 50 if he wanted to, and a goodly portion of younger ones too.

And he won’t. Because Rummy’s been married to the same woman for fifty years, and he wouldn’t toss that away for a quickie. He’s a Real Man. No wonder the Euros hate and fear him.

We’d better get more like him, we’d better

mikejones99
02-09-2007, 07:09 AM
This is why most network shows suck, they are afraid to offend the bitches. Southpark is the best show of all time cuz they don't give a fuck who gets offended. When Tom Leykis gets his show on the air maybe things will change. And Tivo is a must cuz 98% of the goddam commercials are unwatchable.

mikejones99
02-09-2007, 07:11 AM
G4 tv has greatest hits of the man show on. Juggies

johngateswhiteley
02-09-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm sure he doesn't but this article might explain what is wrong with the
younger generation.

The Pussification Of The Western Male
Kim du Toit
November 5, 2003

We have become a nation of women.

It wasn’t always this way, of course. There was a time when men put their signatures to a document, knowing full well that this single act would result in their execution if captured, and in the forfeiture of their property to the State. Their wives and children would be turned out by the soldiers, and their farms and businesses most probably given to someone who didn’t sign the document.

There was a time when men went to their certain death, with expressions like “You all can go to hell. I’m going to Texas.” (Davy Crockett, to the House of Representatives, before going to the Alamo.)

There was a time when men went to war, sometimes against their own families, so that other men could be free. And there was a time when men went to war because we recognized evil when we saw it, and knew that it had to be stamped out.

There was even a time when a President of the United States threatened to punch a man in the face and kick him in the balls, because the man had the temerity to say bad things about the President’s daughter’s singing.

We’re not like that anymore.

Now, little boys in grade school are suspended for playing cowboys and Indians, cops and crooks, and all the other familiar variations of “good guy vs. bad guy” that helped them learn, at an early age, what it was like to have decent men hunt you down, because you were a lawbreaker.

Now, men are taught that violence is bad—that when a thief breaks into your house, or threatens you in the street, that the proper way to deal with this is to “give him what he wants”, instead of taking a horsewhip to the rascal or shooting him dead where he stands.

Now, men’s fashion includes not a man dressed in a three-piece suit, but a tight sweater worn by a man with breasts.

Now, warning labels are indelibly etched into gun barrels, as though men have somehow forgotten that guns are dangerous things.

Now, men are given Ritalin as little boys, so that their natural aggressiveness, curiosity and restlessness can be controlled, instead of nurtured and directed.

And finally, our President, who happens to have been a qualified fighter pilot, lands on an aircraft carrier wearing a flight suit, and is immediately dismissed with words like “swaggering”, “macho” and the favorite epithet of Euro girly-men, “cowboy”. Of course he was bound to get that reaction—and most especially from the Press in Europe, because the process of male pussification Over There is almost complete.

How did we get to this?

In the first instance, what we have to understand is that America is first and foremost, a culture dominated by one figure: Mother. It wasn’t always so: there was a time when it was Father who ruled the home, worked at his job, and voted.

But in the twentieth century, women became more and more involved in the body politic, and in industry, and in the media—and mostly, this has not been a good thing. When women got the vote, it was inevitable that government was going to become more powerful, more intrusive, and more “protective” (ie. more coddling), because women are hard-wired to treasure security more than uncertainty and danger. It was therefore inevitable that their feminine influence on politics was going to emphasize (lowercase “s") social security.

I am aware of the fury that this statement is going to arouse, and I don’t care a fig.

What I care about is the fact that since the beginning of the twentieth century, there has been a concerted campaign to denigrate men, to reduce them to figures of fun, and to render them impotent, figuratively speaking.

I’m going to illustrate this by talking about TV, because TV is a reliable barometer of our culture.

In the 1950s, the TV Dad was seen as the lovable goofball—perhaps the beginning of the trend—BUT he was still the one who brought home the bacon, and was the main source of discipline (think of the line: “Wait until your father gets home!").

From that, we went to this: the Cheerios TV ad.

Now, for those who haven’t seen this piece of shit, I’m going to go over it, from memory, because it epitomizes everything I hate about the campaign to pussify men. The scene opens at the morning breakfast table, where the two kids are sitting with Dad at the table, while Mom prepares stuff on the kitchen counter. The dialogue goes something like this:

Little girl (note, not little boy): Daddy, why do we eat Cheerios?
Dad: Because they contain fiber, and all sorts of stuff that’s good for the heart. I eat it now, because of that.
LG: Did you always eat stuff that was bad for your heart, Daddy?
Dad (humorously): I did, until I met your mother.
Mother (not humorously): Daddy did a lot of stupid things before he met your mother.

Now, every time I see that TV ad, I have to be restrained from shooting the TV with a .45 Colt. If you want a microcosm of how men have become less than men, this is the perfect example.

What Dad should have replied to Mommy’s little dig: Yes, Sally, that’s true: I did do a lot of stupid things before I met your mother. I even slept with your Aunt Ruth a few times, before I met your mother.

That’s what I would have said, anyway, if my wife had ever attempted to castrate me in front of the kids like that.

But that’s not what men do, of course. What this guy is going to do is smile ruefully, finish his cereal, and then go and fuck his secretary, who doesn’t try to cut his balls off on a daily basis. Then, when the affair is discovered, people are going to rally around the castrating bitch called his wife, and call him all sorts of names. He’ll lose custody of his kids, and they will be brought up by our ultimate modern-day figure of sympathy: The Single Mom. You know what? Some women deserve to be single moms.

When I first started this website, I think my primary aim was to blow off steam at the stupidity of our society.

Because I have fairly set views on what constitutes right and wrong, I have no difficulty in calling Bill Clinton, for example, a fucking liar and hypocrite.

But most of all, I do this website because I love being a man. Amongst other things, I talk about guns, self-defense, politics, beautiful women, sports, warfare, hunting, and power tools—all the things that being a man entails. All this stuff gives me pleasure.

And it doesn’t take much to see when all the things I love are being threatened: for instance, when Tim Allen’s excellent comedy routine on being a man is reduced to a fucking sitcom called Home Improvement. The show should have been called Man Improvement, because that’s what every single plotline entailed: turning a man into a “better” person, instead of just leaving him alone to work on restoring the vintage sports car in his garage. I stopped watching the show after about four episodes.

("The Man Show” was better, at least for the first season—men leering at chicks, men fucking around with ridiculous games like “pin the bra on the boobies”, men having beer-drinking competitions, and women on trampolines. Excellent stuff, only not strong enough. I don’t watch it anymore, either, because it’s plain that the idea has been subverted by girly-men, and turned into a parody of itself.)

Finally, we come to the TV show which to my mind epitomizes everything bad about what we have become: Queer Eye For The Straight Guy. Playing on the homo Bravo Channel, this piece of excrement has taken over the popular culture by storm (and so far, the only counter has been the wonderful South Park episode which took it apart for the bullshit it is).

I’m sorry, but the premise of the show nauseates me. A bunch of homosexuals trying to “improve” ordinary men into something “better” (ie. more acceptable to women): changing the guy’s clothes, his home decor, his music—for fuck’s sake, what kind of girly-man would allow these simpering butt-bandits to change his life around?

Yes, the men are, by and large, slobs. Big fucking deal. Last time I looked, that’s normal. Men are slobs, and that only changes when women try to civilize them by marriage. That’s the natural order of things.

You know the definition of homosexual men we used in Chicago? “Men with small dogs who own very tidy apartments.”

Real men, on the other hand, have big fucking mean-ass dogs: Rhodesian ridgebacks, bull terriers and Rottweilers, or else working dogs like pointers or retrievers which go hunting with them and slobber all over the furniture.

Women own lapdogs.

Which is why women are trying to get dog-fighting and cock-fighting banned—they’d ban boxing too, if they could—because it’s “mean and cruel”. No shit, Shirley. Hell, I don’t like the idea of fighting dogs, either, but I don’t have a problem with men who do. Dogs and cocks fight. So do men. No wonder we have an affinity for it.

My website has become fairly popular with men, and in the beginning, this really surprised me, because I didn’t think I was doing anything special.

That’s not what I think now. I must have had well over five thousand men write to me to say stuff like “Yes! I agree! I was so angry when I read about [insert atrocity of choice], but I thought I was the only one.”

No, you’re not alone, my friends, and nor am I.

Out there, there is a huge number of men who are sick of it. We’re sick of being made figures of fun and ridicule; we’re sick of having girly-men like journalists, advertising agency execs and movie stars decide on “what is a man”; we’re sick of women treating us like children, and we’re really fucking sick of girly-men politicians who pander to women by passing an ever-increasing raft of Nanny laws and regulations (the legal equivalent of public-school Ritalin), which prevent us from hunting, racing our cars and motorcycles, smoking, flirting with women at the office, getting into fistfights over women, shooting criminals and doing all the fine things which being a man entails.

When Annika Sorenstam was allowed to play in that tournament on the men’s PGA tour, all the men should have refused to play—Vijay Singh was the only one with balls to stand up for a principle, and he was absolutely excoriated for being a “chauvinist”. Bullshit. He wasn’t a chauvinist, he was being a man. All the rest of the players—Woods, Mickelson, the lot—are girls by comparison. And, needless to say, Vijay isn’t an American, nor a European, which is probably why he still has a pair hanging between his legs, and they’re not hanging on the wall as his wife’s trophy.

Fuck this, I’m sick of it.

I don’t see why I should put up with this bullshit any longer—hell, I don’t see why any man should put up with this bullshit any longer.

I don’t see why men should have become feminized, except that we allowed it to happen—and you know why we let it happen? Because it’s goddamned easier to do so. Unfortunately, we’ve allowed it to go too far, and our maleness has become too pussified for words.

At this point, I could have gone two ways: the first would be to say, “...and I don’t know if we’ll get it back. The process has become too entrenched, the cultural zeitgeist of men as girls has become part of the social fabric, and there’s not much we can do about it.”

But I’m not going to do that. To quote John Belushi (who was, incidentally, a real man and not a fucking woman): “Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?”

Well, I’m not going to quit. Fuck that. One of the characteristics of the non-pussified man (and this should strike fear into the hearts of women and girly-men everywhere) is that he never quits just because the odds seem overwhelming. Omaha Beach, guys.

I want a real man as President—not Al Gore, who had to hire a consultant to show him how to be an Alpha male, and french-kiss his wife on live TV to “prove” to the world that he was a man, when we all knew that real men don’t have to do that shit.

And I want the Real Man President to surround himself with other Real Men, like Rumsfeld, and Ashcroft, and yes, Rice (who is more of a Real Man than those asswipes Colin Powell and Norman Mineta).

I want our government to be more like Dad—kind, helpful, but not afraid to punish us when we fuck up, instead of helping us excuse our actions.

I want our government of real men to start rolling back the Nanny State, in all its horrible manifestations of over-protectiveness, intrusiveness and “Mommy Knows Best What’s Good For You” regulations.

I want our culture to become more male—and not the satirical kind of male, like The Man Show, or the cartoonish figures of Stallone, Van Damme or Schwartzenegger. (Note to the Hollywood execs: We absolutely fucking loathe chick movies about feelings and relationships and all that feminine jive. We want more John Waynes, Robert Mitchums, Bruce Willises, and Clint Eastwoods. Never mind that it’s simplistic— we like simple, we are simple, we are men—our lives are uncomplicated, and we like it that way. We Were Soldiers was a great movie, and you know why? Because you could have cut out all the female parts, and it still would have been a great movie, because it was about Real Men. Try cutting out all the female parts in a Woody Allen movie—you’d end up with the opening and closing credits.)

I want our literature to become more male, less female. Men shouldn’t buy “self-help” books unless the subject matter is car maintenance, golf swing improvement or how to disassemble a fucking Browning BAR. We don’t improve ourselves, we improve our stuff.

And finally, I want men everywhere to going back to being Real Men. To open doors for women, to drive fast cars, to smoke cigars after a meal, to get drunk occasionally and, in the words of Col. Jeff Cooper, one of the last of the Real Men: “to ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth.”

In every sense of the word. We know what the word “is” means.

Because that’s all that being a Real Man involves. You don’t have to become a fucking cartoon male, either: I’m not going back to stoning women for adultery like those Muslim assholes do, nor am I suggesting we support that perversion of being a Real Man, gangsta rap artists (those fucking pussies—they wouldn’t last thirty seconds against a couple of genuine tough guys that I know).

Speaking of rap music, do you want to know why more White boys buy that crap than Black boys do? You know why rape is such a problem on college campuses? Why binge drinking is a problem among college freshmen?

It’s a reaction: a reaction against being pussified. And I understand it, completely. Young males are aggressive, they do fight amongst themselves, they are destructive, and all this does happen for a purpose.

Because only the strong men propagate.

And women know it. You want to know why I know this to be true? Because powerful men still attract women. Women, even liberal women, swooned over George Bush in a naval aviator’s uniform. Donald Trump still gets access to some of the most beautiful pussy available, despite looking like a medieval gargoyle. Donald Rumsfeld, if he wanted to, could fuck 90% of all women over 50 if he wanted to, and a goodly portion of younger ones too.

And he won’t. Because Rummy’s been married to the same woman for fifty years, and he wouldn’t toss that away for a quickie. He’s a Real Man. No wonder the Euros hate and fear him.

We’d better get more like him, we’d better

FUCK, YEAH! its funny, cause some stupid bitches will say to me, "what girl is going to want and be with you?" and all i am thinking is well not your dumb ass...and plenty; real women.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Anybody else finding it a little bit ironic that this dude is judging his friends' manhood on what they watch on TV, all the while not realizing that all his friends got girlfriends or wives and he does not?

johngateswhiteley
02-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Anybody else finding it a little bit ironic that this dude is judging his friends' manhood on what they watch on TV, all the while not realizing that all his friends got girlfriends or wives and he does not?

wow, you're completely missing the point. i am not really judging their manhood on what they watch on t.v., though it can be shameful. in any case, its easy to get a girlfriend...but one that i actually want....not so easy.

IceColdBrewski
02-10-2007, 12:46 AM

Your argument isn't new. It's what we all believed at one point. And you'll continue to talk your big game right up until the minute you're sitting on the couch watching American Idol or Grey's Anatomy...shortly after stopping off at the store on your way home to buy her some tampons.

Fixed.

johngateswhiteley
02-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Fixed.

:lol

Po'Boy
02-10-2007, 07:39 AM
I remember when I thought Paula was hot.

johngateswhiteley
01-15-2008, 09:48 AM
please don't let me see ads for this crap everywhere...

mookie-
...still don't watch this crap and i never will. you underestimate me.