PDA

View Full Version : The AHF Memorial Thread for the night

ShoogarBear
01-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Four players?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-17-2007, 11:14 PM
:pctoss

We're going to lose at home to the Fakers. Hmmm, geriatric Spurs lose to the Lakers. Now where have I seen that before? :flipoff

baseline bum
01-17-2007, 11:14 PM
God, this is the worst Spurs team since the 99-00 squad.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-17-2007, 11:19 PM
By the way, Tpark and all the Popsuckers can kiss my ass. Pop has assembled this team of retread role players to surround the greatest PF of all time, and it's a Pop damn joke.

Fuck him and RC both for that. This plan didn't work way the fuck back when LA was owning our asses when Terry Porter was fumbling away final possessions of games, and it sure as shit isn't going to work this year.

And to top it all off, his rotations suck and he doesn't know how to use the personnel he does have. Four players to START a damn quarter tonight? That's just the icing on the puss filled cake.

If there's no trade by the trade deadline, this team is done.

ducks
lakers on a 18-2 run and tp has not played a second

nice pop

baseline bum

We're going to lose at home to the Fakers. Hmmm, geriatric Spurs lose to the Lakers. Now where have I seen that before? :flipoff

Forget the talk about Finley sucking Udrih being worthless, and so on... this season is being pissed away by Tim Duncan, Bruce Bowen, and to a lesser extent, Manu Ginobili.

Duncan just looks lazy on defense. Tim just doesn't want it or something. I've never seen so many mental breakdowns from Tim. Bruce looks done, and Manu looks soft with all of the jumpers. Our starters are not getting the job done.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Forget the talk about Finley sucking Udrih being worthless, and so on... this season is being pissed away by Tim Duncan, Bruce Bowen, and to a lesser extent, Manu Ginobili.

Duncan just looks lazy on defense. Tim just doesn't want it or something. I've never seen so many mental breakdowns from Tim. Bruce looks done, and Manu looks soft with all of the jumpers. Our starters are not getting the job done.

Actually on a deeper level, this reminds me of back when the Lakers were owning us in the twilight of our last geriatric run. Tim's a smart guy. I think he realizes, like most of us, that this team doesn't have what it takes to win it.

The sad thing is there is still time to head off this season being a loss, but Pop needs to nut up and fucking make a trade. If the Clips want a first rounder to go with Beno and Barry, sack up and give them the damn pick.

This team needs an infusion of youth and energy on the perimeter, instead of the Senior Citizen's representation that we've got out there with Finley, Barry, and Bowen (not to take anything away from Bowen, but he just can't bring it every night, especially when he feels like he has to step up on offense to help out the other people sucking ass).

ShoogarBear
01-17-2007, 11:24 PM
If Pop doesn't call out Tim after tonight's display on defense, then everything about Tim being treated just like the 12th man will be proven to be total bullshit.

E20
01-17-2007, 11:29 PM
This is fucking crazy, what happend to the Spurs? They were at least beating sub-par teams, what's next losing regularly to them now? There are so many problems that I've seen and I'm not even a major basketball expert. Things I can name off the top of my head.

1. Bruce Bowen is not Kobe Byrant, please quit airballing threes and taking shots way out of your offensive game, also play some of your patented shut down defense.

2. Get Beno out of there, he's bricked all his shots so far.

3. Brent Barry and Micheal Finley, need to play more consistent, Brent was find during the first 20 or so games, but now him and Finley are the same: jumpshooters missing shots badly. Also please Brent no more 35 footers.

4. What's Ginobili doing? Come on man!! Quit passing up shots and potential drives to the basket? Where's the Manu that would drive in the lane no matter who was there and get the And1?

5. Tim Duncna may look like he's playing GREAT for this season with 20 points in the middle of the 4th, but he's not he should have 25+ on a 19 year old rookie. I don't even see the Lakers doubling him that much. He's playing way too passive and looks like he has no lift. Is plantar faciitis still bother him? Dunk the ball and quit getting dunked on. Also, we're getting KILLED in second chance points, rebound the ball!!!!

There's more I just dont' wanna name them:

Substitutions
Careless mistakes (Bad passes, the ball rolling of someones foot, bad shot selection, laziness, passivness and being not aggressive.

Spurs look like they might lose this game. I'm so disinterested at their play that I fell asleep the whole 3rd quarter and I didn't miss much expect Kobe dunking on everybody 3 times.

baseline bum
01-17-2007, 11:31 PM
This is the first season since 2000 where I've felt the Spurs don't have a shot at a title, and it's mostly because Tim is playing like crap. Tim is not playing Spurs basketball. It all starts with him. When he's playing at his normal level the Spurs are always a very legit threat to win a title.

Marcus Bryant
01-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Perhaps Pop's hands have been tied by a higher power. Of course, those hands are infalliable....:rolleyes

ducks
01-17-2007, 11:38 PM
spurs need to do a trade so manu can come off the bench and provide a spark of the bench

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Perhaps Pop's hands have been tied by a higher power. Of course, those hands are infalliable....:rolleyes

I feel Holt is definitely a part of what's going on. So pretty much him, Pop, and RC all need to go fuck themselves for this team being what it is with a ridiculous core of Duncan, Manu, and Parker around.

baseline bum
01-17-2007, 11:45 PM
This team isn't giving its all because their leader isn't. Pop better learn how to light a fucking fire under Tim, because he's looking really lazy this year.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-17-2007, 11:46 PM
It would probably help if Pop weren't sitting Tony for several minutes while LA runs off a 10-0 run.

E20
01-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Bench Tim next game.

ducks
01-17-2007, 11:47 PM
it was a 18-2
run
pop benched tp and the lakers hit 2 three's in the fourth

dbestpro
01-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Too old, too slow. Games like this have to force Pop to stop being in denial. This team has not realized they have to play harder because they are older and slower. This team is probably a whisker away from being blown up. The big three are there but the remaining 9 blows.

E20
01-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Oh yeah, there is now way the current Spurs roster can play this 'Small-ball' SHIT, they're too slow and old to even be doing this. Tony is the only that could probably handle it, but that's it.

MannyIsGod
01-17-2007, 11:50 PM
I think Tony and Manu are clearly giving their all. I think Bruce is as well, but I have to honestly say that Bruce is not looking as good this year. I don't think he's done, but he doesn't look as good.

Tim Duncan, however, just looks lazy. Flat out lazy. I really wish Manu would call his ass out. Manu gives so much out there each night, he deserves better.

E20
01-17-2007, 11:53 PM
I think Tony and Manu are clearly giving their all. I think Bruce is as well, but I have to honestly say that Bruce is not looking as good this year. I don't think he's done, but he doesn't look as good.

Tim Duncan, however, just looks lazy. Flat out lazy. I really wish Manu would call his ass out. Manu gives so much out there each night, he deserves better.
I disagree on the Bowen part, maybe he is playing hard, but he's not playing smart. He's playing with the basketball IQ of a 1st grader, he's taking unwarranted threes, driving in, taking mid-range jumpers, taking shots that are not high percentage for him, also his defense was invisible today on Kobe Byrant, normally Kobe's percentage goes down when he plays Bowen, but Kobe was ON. So I disagree Bowen is slacking.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Too old, too slow. Games like this have to force Pop to stop being in denial. This team has not realized they have to play harder because they are older and slower. This team is probably a whisker away from being blown up. The big three are there but the remaining 9 blows.

It's not because they're old and slow, it's because they didn't play enough small ball [/Pop]

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-17-2007, 11:57 PM
I disagree on the Bowen part, maybe he is playing hard, but he's not playing smart. He's playing with the basketball IQ of a 1st grader, he's taking unwarranted threes, driving in, taking mid-range jumpers, taking shots that are not high percentage for him, also his defense was invisible today on Kobe Byrant, normally Kobe's percentage goes down when he plays Bowen, but Kobe was ON. So I disagree Bowen is slacking.

It's not that he's slacking. It's that he's getting older and just can't bring it like he used to every night.

And when you've got Finley backing him up, it sure as hell doesn't help.

E20
01-17-2007, 11:59 PM
It's not that he's slacking. It's that he's getting older and just can't bring it like he used to every night.

And when you've got Finley backing him up, it sure as hell doesn't help.
Yes, that is true, I mean I love Bowen the guy proves that you can make it big by doing the little things, is a class act, sacrifices his own needs for the team, and I'll give him a pass on the D end, but don't take all those shots you're not gonna knock them down most of the time.

Mr. Body
01-18-2007, 12:01 AM
The guy playing his heart out tonight was Brent Barry, who doesn't want to be traded. No one else seemed to care. Distracted, throwing away balls, defeated attitudes...

timvp
01-18-2007, 12:02 AM
This was just a pathetic performance. From having four players on the court, to Tim playing like he'd rather be somewhere else, to Tony choking late, to Manu MIA the first three quarters, to the bench being horrible.

The Spurs have to make a trade this year. Have to.

This team needs a shot of life. At the very least at least it'll shake things up and perhaps then we can see some consistent effort.

BERSERK
01-18-2007, 12:03 AM
With all the players sucking now, I say Pop needs to insert White into the lineup. What more can we lose? We already have some of our veteran players not defending well, why not have a rookie take a crack at it?

carib
01-18-2007, 12:04 AM
I have notice this habit for a long time now, all Tim would do is stand under the rim with his hands up. Is it do to the fact that he doesn’t want to pick up fouls, to slow to jump when a player is coming at him, or thinks he is just tall enough to just stand there with his hands in the air.

Aggie Hoopsfan
The Spurs need to nut up and give the Clips that draft pick and get the deal done. I'm tired of this shit.

BERSERK
This was just a pathetic performance. From having four players on the court, to Tim playing like he'd rather be somewhere else, to Tony choking late, to Manu MIA the first three quarters, to the bench being horrible.

This team needs a shot of life. At the very least at least it'll shake things up and perhaps then we can see some consistent effort.

Is timvp seeing the light?

baseline bum
Bruce isn't slacking. He's trying to play the way he always has. We knew the day would eventually come when his age would catch up with him, and sadly, it's here.

Mr. Body
With all the players sucking now, I say Pop needs to insert White into the lineup. What more can we lose? We already have some of our veteran players not defending well, why not have a rookie take a crack at it?

Man, James White not a good player. He's closer to what he was in the show-case the last three days. James White is shite.

E20
Four players?
I'd like to call bullshit on 4 players on the floor tech. That does not warrant a tech and is not against the rules. Highschool basketball follows the rules 10X better than the NBA and that happend against us one time and I even asked the coaches and refs shouldn't they a tech, they said NO.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 12:05 AM
I'd like to call bullshit on 4 players on the floor tech. That does not warrant a tech and is not against the rules. Highschool basketball follows the rules 10X better than the NBA and that happend against us one time and I even asked the coaches and refs shouldn't they a tech, they said NO.

It's in the fucking rule book. Deal with it. Damn, how hard is it to count to five?

BERSERK
01-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Man, James White not a good player. He's closer to what he was in the show-case the last three days. James White is shite.

After seeing tonight's game, how is Bowen better either? :sleep

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Bruce isn't slacking. He's trying to play the way he always has. We knew the day would eventually come when his age would catch up with him, and sadly, it's here.

Maybe the Spurs should add this thing to the team:

http://www.unitedwaysatx.org/Graphics/2005%20Campaign/HEB%203.jpg

Wouldn't hurt the D, that's for certain.

Mr. Body
After seeing tonight's game, how is Bowen better either? :sleep

There is only one solution to this problem. And that solution's name is Marcus Dove.

:king Marcus Dove :king

Aggie Hoopsfan
Look guys, like I said - Bowen, with his age, just isn't going to be able to bring it every night like he used to.

The problem has been and still is that the Spurs need more youth to back him up, and instead they went out and signed an even more geriatric Michael Finley. :pctoss

timvp

Fvck James White. He's getting owned by scrubs in the D-League. He's one of the few NBA players who'd make this team's bench worse.

dbestpro
01-18-2007, 12:08 AM
In the past the Spurs have been jobbed many times by the refs. You can't say that now. We just have too many of the same kind of players. Slow.

picnroll
I finally got to see White on NBA TV. He ain't no saviour.

rayray2k8
Fvck James White. He's getting owned by scrubs in the D-League. He's one of the few NBA players who'd make this team's bench worse.
That doesnt help. :depressed

timvp
01-18-2007, 12:09 AM
The Spurs need to nut up and give the Clips that draft pick and get the deal done. I'm tired of this shit.

I'd give up the first round pick this year and all three second round picks. Without Maggette or a player like him, a prime year of Tim, Manu and Tony will be wasted.

BERSERK
01-18-2007, 12:09 AM

I call BS on that comment. It may be bad that one of our rookie is doing bad but he's learning. How do you explain our veterans performing bad now?

Even the Lakers rookies had to learn the hard way and that's playing time against the leagues best. :nope :ihit

At least have White replace Beno for crying outloud.

timvp
01-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Is timvp seeing the light?

:wtf

I invented that light, biatch.

BERSERK
:wtf

I invented that light, biatch.

Get over yourself. :dramaquee

Mr. Body
I'd give up the first round pick this year and all three second round picks. Without Maggette or a player like him, a prime year of Tim, Manu and Tony will be wasted.

I can't tell you how wrong you are. We need to trade Eric Williams for luxury tax relief this year. Then during the draft, use the first round pick and the three second round picks to get some select international players to stash around Europe. Hey, they may pan out in four or five years!

traitoravery
01-18-2007, 12:11 AM
We still have another 42 games left lets see how they are playing after the Rodeo road trip. Till then I am not watching another poor defensive effort from a man who makes milions and millions of dollars to play it (cough DUncan). Golden state can make a four player trade why cant we shit!!!!

Marcus Bryant
Maggette would cost what, a 930G Wheel Loader (http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=58040&x=7)?

ChumpDumper
I call BS on that comment. It may be bad that one of our rookie is doing bad but he's learning.He's regressing.

Mr. Body
I call BS on that comment. It may be bad that one of our rookie is doing bad but he's learning. How do you explain our veterans performing bad now?

Even the Lakers rookies had to learn the hard way and that's playing time against the leagues best. :nope :ihit

Dude, forget James White. We'll draft someone in the late 2nd this year who will knock him off the team. (I know that guys' name.)

Aggie Hoopsfan

They're old. Damn, how many times do we have to say it for you to get it?

READ.

And yet we could go get Maggette but Pop's ass is too tight to give up scrub ass Beno Udrih, Brent Barry, and a draft pick. Fuck him.

Budkin

Amen timvp... can't wait to hear the next Pop show when he talks about being happy with the guys he has... :bang

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-18-2007, 12:12 AM
I can't tell you how wrong you are. We need to trade Eric Williams for luxury tax relief this year. Then during the draft, use the first round pick and the three second round picks to get some select international players to stash around Europe. Hey, they may pan out in four or five years!

We can't.

No team out there wants to dump salary at the end of the season. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1389591&postcount=29)

BERSERK
He's regressing.

It's merely growing pains. How is our 3rd year back-up point guard doing (Beno). If that's not regressing, I don't know what is.

timvp

I don't buy that just yet. Kobe was scoring off the high pick play ... like he's always done against Bruce. The thing is that Phil used to just use it in the playoffs.

The only problem I had with Bruce tonight was he was shooting way too much.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 12:13 AM
We still have another 42 games left

No we don't. The trade deadline is next month. Unless you're writing off this year already.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2007, 12:13 AM
It's merely growing pains. How is our 3rd year back-up point guard doing (Beno). If that's not regressing, I don't know what is.One has nothing to do with the other. White has shown nothing to suggest he could play in the NBA this season.

BERSERK
01-18-2007, 12:14 AM
One has nothing to do with the other. White has shown nothing to suggest he could play in the NBA this season.

And beno has accomplished what to deserve the minutes he's playing? :pctoss

Budkin
01-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Guys if you think about it... we've been losing games late and not by very much. It's not like we're far off from being able to be dominating. I think a trade will put us right back in contention for the number one seed in the West. If anything we still have to play the Suns a couple of times and could get the 2 seed. Hopefully the Mavs will have some kind of slump along the way...

timvp
01-18-2007, 12:15 AM
I call BS on that comment.

I call that James White got his contract guaranteed and is now playing like he'll never step foot on an NBA court.

ChumpDumper
And beno has accomplished what to deserve the minutes he's playing? :pctossOne has nothing to do with the other.

dbestpro
One has nothing to do with the other. White has shown nothing to suggest he could play in the NBA this season.
The nothing White has shown is better than the something delivered by Finley, Horry and Udrih.

Mr. Body
A trade will give us a 35% chance of a number one seed, if that guy is Maggette. Otherwise, this team has far too many holes, and holes in the heart, to be quickly remedied.

Marcus Bryant
Brent Barry is funny.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2007, 12:16 AM
The nothing White has shown is better than the something delivered by Finley, Horry and Udrih.Really, it's not.

BERSERK
01-18-2007, 12:16 AM
One has nothing to do with the other.

Answer the question. Beno does not contribute anything offensively and defensively. Vaughn may as well start playing his minutes.

dbestpro
01-18-2007, 12:17 AM
Really, it's not.
Really it is. You just haven't been watching.

Mr. Body
Answer the question. Beno does not contribute anything offensively and defensively. Vaughn may as well start playing his minutes.

Nothing and nothing. What is the difference between two handfuls of nothingness? Ah, you have a philosophical problem there, grasshopper.

BERSERK
Really, it's not.

Really, it is.

Marcus Bryant
Beno is the only bench guard under the age of 60.

Mr. Body
01-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Really it is. You just haven't been watching.

Dude, no one on this board knows how (poorly) White is doing more than Chumpdumper.

timvp
Guys if you think about it... we've been losing games late and not by very much. It's not like we're far off from being able to be dominating. I think a trade will put us right back in contention for the number one seed in the West. If anything we still have to play the Suns a couple of times and could get the 2 seed. Hopefully the Mavs will have some kind of slump along the way...

Yeah, that's the thing. Give the Spurs a player like Maggette and they can be right back in it. All they need is a fourth scoring option who rebounds, brings energy and gets to the free-throw line. That is exactly Corey Maggette.

The Spurs get Maggette, they could leap frog a lot of teams. Without an addition, this team gets swept hardcore by the Mavs. I'm talking 2001 style.

baseline bum
I don't buy that just yet. Kobe was scoring off the high pick play ... like he's always done against Bruce. The thing is that Phil used to just use it in the playoffs.

The only problem I had with Bruce tonight was he was shooting way too much.

I was basing that moreso on what I've seen in the games I've watched this season than just what happened tonight... but you've seen a lot more of the team than I have (since I don't have League Pass), so I'll take your word on it. I really think that 63 win season took a lot out of our core, and now they don't value the regular season or something. I hate seeing our team in a flip-the-switch mentality, because it hardly ever works.

ChumpDumper
Answer the question. Beno does not contribute anything offensively and defensively. Vaughn may as well start playing his minutes.Thanks for agreeing with me about Beno.

It has nothing to do with White.

leemajors
i think beno has been showcased out of most trade scenarios.

BERSERK
Nothing and nothing. What is the difference between two handfuls of nothingness? Ah, you have a philosophical problem there, grasshopper.

One has potential (White), the other one doesn't (Beno, Bowen, Finley, Barry, Horry). You get the picture.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2007, 12:19 AM
One has potential (White)Yeah, but he can't actually play. That's a problem.

Marcus Bryant
Either play to win or play to build. Not this play to pretend we're trying to win but we're also kinda building because we have Sergei playing in Mongolia shit.

ShoogarBear
Look, when a Kobe Bryant is on, nobody is going to stop him unless you cloned the cheek cells of a 26-year old Michael Jordan. You would think Spur fans of all people would be educated to the fact that playing good defense in the NBA doesn't always translate into your man not scoring.

Bruce is definitely slower, but night in and out there are maybe 2-3 other people in the league who can do what he does on defense.

Mr. Body
One has potential (White), the other one doesn't (Beno, Bowen, Finley, Barry, Horry). You get the picture.

I was meaning Vaughn vs. Beno, I think.

Anyway, we'll draft Marcus Dove in the late 2nd round this summer, who automatically replaces James White. White will go play somewhere in Europe.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 12:20 AM

What the fuck man? There is no question for him to answer. Beno's suckage has nothing to do with James White sucking. Fuck.

timvp
And beno has accomplished what to deserve the minutes he's playing? :pctoss

You might make sense if White could play backup point guard.

He doesn't, so you don't.

BERSERK
Thanks for agreeing with me about Beno.

It has nothing to do with White.

What's wrong with suggesting that White get Beno's minutes? Beno plays like crap anyway. How about giving the new guy a chance before blowing off the guy steps up on the court.

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Look, when a Kobe Bryant is on, nobody is going to stop him unless you cloned the cheek cells of a 26-year old Michael Jordan. You would think Spur fans of all people would be educated to the fact that playing good defense in the NBA doesn't always translate into your man not scoring.

Bruce is definitely slower, but night in and out there are maybe 2-3 other people in the league who can do what he does on defense.

Once upon a time the Spurs made that bitch cry.

ChumpDumper
What's wrong with suggesting that White get Beno's minutes? They don't play the same position.

Kori Ellis
What's wrong with suggesting that White get Beno's minutes? Beno plays like crap anyway. How about giving the new guy a chance before blowing off the guy steps up on the court.

So you want White to play backup point? Or you want Barry as the backup point and White to take some of Barry's minutes?

Mr. Body
I think he wants Beno in the dunk contest.

dbestpro
01-18-2007, 12:22 AM
White should take Finley's minutes. I'm tired of watching Finley miss open jumper after oen jumper.

BERSERK
I was meaning Vaughn vs. Beno, I think.

Anyway, we'll draft Marcus Dove in the late 2nd round this summer, who automatically replaces James White. White will go play somewhere in Europe.

If Marcus Dove has talent, some other team with a higher draft pick will be able to get him before we do. We'll be lucky to see the Spurs FO select him (for example look at the Josh Howard potential pick).

Aggie Hoopsfan

So you want to have White play point guard?

How about unplugging the keyboard if you're gonna talk out of your ass like that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 12:23 AM
White should take Finley's minutes. I'm tired of watching Finley miss open jumper after oen jumper.

Have you watched James White shoot?

ShoogarBear
Once upon a time the Spurs made that bitch cry.But only after enduring a few previous humiliations in advance.

Screw it, no shame in getting beat by Kobe Bryant.

Getting beat by Brian Fvcking Cook and Ronny Fricking Turiaf is something else.

ChumpDumper
White should take Finley's minutes. I'm tired of watching Finley miss open jumper after oen jumper.What a coincidence! I'm tired of watching White miss open jumper after open jumper.

BERSERK
So you want White to play backup point? Or you want Barry as the backup point and White to take some of Barry's minutes?

Barry could play point that's if we're not going to trade him. While Barry is playing point, we have White come off the bench.

If pop somehows thinks Bowen needs rest, he should play Williams more (again if he has no intention of trading him).

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2007, 12:24 AM
I have a secret but I can't tell. The Spurs are about to unleash a surprise on the rest of the NBA. His name is...

Mr. Body
01-18-2007, 12:24 AM
If Marcus Dove has talent, some other team with a higher draft pick will be able to get him before we do. We'll be lucky to see the Spurs FO select him (for example look at the Josh Howard potential pick).

No.

No.

NO.

I'm going to dream about it if I want to. *sniff*

Seriously, though. He'll drop into the later part of the 2nd round, but yeah, he might get nabbed before we get there. The thing is, the guy plays absolutely no offense. NONE. He shoots once for every, like, three games. I truly believe he can score, but he doesn't want to. Teams will go for other guys before him. Maybe.

BERSERK
01-18-2007, 12:25 AM
So you want to have White play point guard?

How about unplugging the keyboard if you're gonna talk out of your ass like that.

See my response to kori.

Mr. Body
I have a secret but I can't tell. The Spurs are about to unleash a surprise on the rest of the NBA. His name is...

Rob Schneider?

baseline bum
Fuck White. Make Scola the PG.

timvp

Yeah, Bruce's D isn't the problem. He's maybe lost a half step from his prime, but he's still the best perimeter defender in the league.

If someone wants to bag on Bruce (no H-E-Buddy pun intended), bag on him for shooting too much and flopping on every got damn rebound attempt. When he boxes someone out, I don't know why he flops out of bounds instead of jumping up every time.

BERSERK
01-18-2007, 12:26 AM
No.

No.

NO.

I'm going to dream about it if I want to. *sniff*

Seriously, though. He'll drop into the later part of the 2nd round, but yeah, he might get nabbed before we get there. The thing is, the guy plays absolutely no offense. NONE. He shoots once for every, like, three games. I truly believe he can score, but he doesn't want to. Teams will go for other guys before him. Maybe.

that's the way drafts work. Sometimes teams are lucky, most times teams are not. :wakeup

E20
Why don't the Spurs just sign me to help them in their woes.

dbestpro
Have you watched James White shoot?
Have you been watching Finley shoot? He makes Van Exel of last year look like a sud.

Aggie Hoopsfan
See my response to kori.

So you want Brent Barry to try and check Terry and Harris? :lol

What's the matter, didn't get enough of those guys ringing up lay up after lay up last year?

ShoogarBear
01-18-2007, 12:27 AM
I have a secret but I can't tell. The Spurs are about to unleash a surprise on the rest of the NBA. His name is...http://www.mediafling.com/store/images/AIR%20BUD%20-%20DISNEY%20-%20FS.jpg

BERSERK
01-18-2007, 12:29 AM
So you want Brent Barry to try and check Terry and Harris? :lol

What's the matter, didn't get enough of those guys ringing up lay up after lay up last year?

It's not like Parker was playing amazing D against Harris last year either. Harris was making lay-ups after lay up on him. And Beno well we know the story about him. And no, I'm not suggest Barry replace Parker in the starting line-up.

Marcus Bryant
http://thedraftreview.com/history/drafted1998/images/derrick-dial.jpg

Fear.

E20
http://www.mediafling.com/store/images/AIR%20BUD%20-%20DISNEY%20-%20FS.jpg
:lol

timvp
01-18-2007, 12:33 AM

Fear.

:lmao

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-18-2007, 12:36 AM

Fear.

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/charles_smith.jpg

SequSpur
01-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Omfg... I Just Got Home And I Am So Fucking Pissed.

But You Know What, Its Fucking Typical Shit, That I've Been Talking About For Months....

Thanks For The Tickets Spurschick But The Fucking Lady That Sits In Front Of You, I Am Going To Kick The Shit Out Of Her If She Ever Tells Us To Stop Yelling Again. I Mean What The Fuck Man... Fuck Her... Then Her Husband Drops A Shit Bomb, Stinks Up The Whole Row And Then Runs To The Bathroom....

Anyways... The Spurs Were Running Their Offense Through Bruce Fuckin Bowen... How Fucking Sad Is That? Then Beno Is In There And He Continues To Defy Shittiness. I Mean What The Fuck? Parker Has A Wide Open J And Throws The Fucking Ball Away...

The Spurs Currently Fucking Blow.... Enough Said...

Ps: I Ran Into Ruff Tonight At The Game... What A Cool Tall Ass Mofo.

I See That Most Of You Have Covered The Same Reasons For Which I Am Fucking Bitter Tonight.... Carry On.

Marcus Bryant
This would've been a good season to give Butler 15 a night.

timvp
Michael Finley might be the most dangerous person on this team. He sucks but Pop loves him ... which means that he'll probably play when it counts.

If there was one player who I want to get rid of the most, it's Finley. He's not only done, he's a guy who can single-handedly beat this team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 12:39 AM
It's not like Parker was playing amazing D against Harris last year either. Harris was making lay-ups after lay up on him. And Beno well we know the story about him. And no, I'm not suggest Barry replace Parker in the starting line-up.

Fuck dude. You remind me of fifth grade. "Well so and so is doing it, so what's the big deal?"

I don't give a fuck about what other people are doing. That's not the point. The point was that Barry is slow relative to those guys on the Mavs, and you're advocating him as the backup point so we can bring in a scrub project SF to get minutes.

You'd be compounding one stupid decision with another.

BERSERK
01-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Like you're any better. I'm keeping my cool and you're the one cussing like a drunken sailor.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 12:41 AM
As an aside, I can't wait to see the meltdown when Tpark gets back. The thread has my name on it, isn't started by me, and everyone's in agreement :lol

rayray2k8
01-18-2007, 12:42 AM
Omfg... I Just Got Home And I Am So Fucking Pissed.

But You Know What, Its Fucking Typical Shit, That I've Been Talking About For Months....

Thanks For The Tickets Spurschick But The Fucking Lady That Sits In Front Of You, I Am Going To Kick The Shit Out Of Her If She Ever Tells Us To Stop Yelling Again. I Mean What The Fuck Man... Fuck Her... Then Her Husband Drops A Shit Bomb, Stinks Up The Whole Row And Then Runs To The Bathroom....

Anyways... The Spurs Were Running Their Offense Through Bruce Fuckin Bowen... How Fucking Sad Is That? Then Beno Is In There And He Continues To Defy Shittiness. I Mean What The Fuck? Parker Has A Wide Open J And Throws The Fucking Ball Away...

The Spurs Currently Fucking Blow.... Enough Said...

Ps: I Ran Into Ruff Tonight At The Game... What A Cool Tall Ass Mofo.

I See That Most Of You Have Covered The Same Reasons For Which I Am Fucking Bitter Tonight.... Carry On.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Like you're any better. I'm keeping my cool and you're the one cussing like a drunken sailor.

So it's okay to be stupid as long as you keep your cool?

I threw out a few f-bombs because obviously non-profane discussion isn't getting through to that peanut sized brain of yours.

Ocotillo
Michael Finley might be the most dangerous person on this team. He sucks but Pop loves him ... which means that he'll probably play when it counts.

If there was one player who I want to get rid of the most, it's Finley. He's not only done, he's a guy who can single-handedly beat this team.

Abso-friggin'-loutley.

Finley is just Gawd awful. This team is in trouble unless they do make a move.

SequSpur
01-18-2007, 12:43 AM
As an aside, I can't wait to see the meltdown when Tpark gets back. The thread has my name on it, isn't started by me, and everyone's in agreement :lol

I told that mofo hello at the game and he acts like he doesn't know me... what a dick.

BERSERK
So it's okay to be stupid as long as you keep your cool?

I threw out a few f-bombs because obviously non-profane discussion isn't getting through to that peanut sized brain of yours.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. Yeah that was a better discussion. Again get over yourselves.

ChumpDumper
Like you're any better. I'm keeping my cool and you're the one cussing like a drunken sailor.Yeah, but you're the one who wants to give a rotation slot to a guy who just shot 29% over two minor league games in front of every scout in the NBA.

SequSpur
01-18-2007, 12:44 AM
The Spurs played like queers tonight.

Marcus Bryant
Fuck is a fucking great word to get your fucking point across.

ShoogarBear
isn't started by me, and everyone's in agreement :lolCause and effect, maybe? :)

BERSERK
Yeah, but you're the one who wants to give a rotation slot to a guy who just shot 29% over two minor league games in front of every scout in the NBA.

So a couple of games determine a players future. Jeez, I wonder how people judged Bruce Bowen when he started out. Think about it.

timvp
http://www.land-sharks.com/celeb/Tim%20and%20Stephen%20Jackson%20of%20Pacers.jpg
Come home.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Fuck, fuck, fuck. I think we should move slow ass Brent Barry to point guard so that we can replace 35% shooting Michael Finley with 25% shooting James White because he's younger

Yeah, way to keep your cool. :rolleyes

ShoogarBear
Ps: I Ran Into Ruff Tonight At The Game... What A Cool Tall Ass Mofo.Nobody got a pic of the two of you?

BERSERK
Fuck is a fucking great word to get your fucking point across.

My thoughts exactly. Fuck. :music

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 12:46 AM
So a couple of games determine a players future. Jeez, I wonder how people judged Bruce Bowen when he started out. Think about it.

So you want to send James White to Europe for a couple of years, have him come back for five years, and then he'll be a competent defender?

Fine, but what's your solution for the rest of the Tim Duncan era?

SequSpur
Nobody got a pic of the two of you?

I gave him one of those daps and a hug and I think I hugged his leg. :lol

ChumpDumper
So a couple of games determine a players future. Jeez, I wonder how people judged Bruce Bowen when he started out. Think about it.Actually, I've seen him play in person three times and on TV twice this season. How about you?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Cause and effect, maybe? :)

:flipoff :cuss

SequSpur
My thoughts exactly. Fuck. :music

will you quit... geezus fukin kriste.

ShoogarBear
I gave him one of those daps and a hug and I think I hugged his leg. :lol:lmao

Kori Ellis
http://www.land-sharks.com/celeb/Tim%20and%20Stephen%20Jackson%20of%20Pacers.jpg
Come home.

Don't get me started.

BERSERK
Yeah, way to keep your cool. :rolleyes

Yeah because we're really winning ball games with this current lineup. If we're going to lose, the spurs organization might as well start thinking and playing for the future.

Marcus Bryant
Come home.

At this point...

http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/turkoglu_chat.jpg

Yardım!

Kori Ellis
01-18-2007, 12:48 AM

:lol That's probably not an exaggeration; I think Ruff is 6'6.

leemajors

CIA finley!

Aggie Hoopsfan
Like already mentioned, fuck is a great complimentary word used to get your point across.

It's only a problem when you're talking to your preacher or when mommy let's junior get on the big bad world wide web to talk about the Spurs.

ChumpDumper
Did that guy on the left play for us? Man, Cadillac Anderson really let himself go.

BERSERK
01-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Actually, I've seen him play in person three times and on TV twice this season. How about you?

Yeah that's why the NBA teams pay you as a professional scout. Oh wait, you're just another person with an opinion. Again you got your opinions, I got mine.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Yeah because we're really winning ball games with this current lineup. If we're going to lose, the spurs organization might as well start thinking and playing for the future.

Dude, we're talking about what can be done to help this team win this year. Not 2013.

SequSpur
I said fuck at the game and some bitch yelled at me.... fuck her.

Johnny_Blaze_47
At this point...

Yardım!

For the love of Christ, no.

timvp
01-18-2007, 12:50 AM
At this point...

Yardım

Sadly enough, San Antonio would welcome back its step child with open arms.

SequSpur
:lol That's probably not an exaggeration; I think Ruff is 6'6.

Dude is frickin tall. He made me look like a short mofo.

ChumpDumper
Yeah that's why the NBA teams pay you as a professional scout. Oh wait, you're just another person with an opinion. Again you got your opinions, I got mine.So you have seen him zero times in person and zero times on TV.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Yeah that's why the NBA teams pay you as a professional scout. Oh wait, you're just another person with an opinion. Again you got your opinions, I got mine.

So are you going to answer his question? How many times have you seen him play?

So far, his opinion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yours.

You and Mr. Body should hang out. You apparently think White is the answer, sight unseen. He had the same thing going for him with Javtokas. You two would make a great couple.

BERSERK
Like already mentioned, fuck is a great complimentary word used to get your point across.

It's only a problem when you're talking to your preacher or when mommy let's junior get on the big bad world wide web to talk about the Spurs.

You're just repeating what your mom said to you, aren't you?

Johnny_Blaze_47
Did that guy on the left play for us? Man, Cadillac Anderson really let himself go.

Kori Ellis

Your daughter makes you look like a short mofo.

Aggie Hoopsfan
I said fuck at the game and some bitch yelled at me.... fuck her.

SequSpur

dude... you're going berserk.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 12:51 AM

You are short. :lol

ShoogarBear
At this point...

Yardım!
If he could just take a step to his right to catch passes, the Spurs would be working on a five-peat.

Aggie Hoopsfan

Yeah, and you know what else she is saying? You're a fucking retard.

SequSpur
Your daughter makes you look like a short mofo.

:madrun

SequSpur
01-18-2007, 12:52 AM
You are short. :lol

I'm 5 2 and he's 6 7....

yeah... he's frickin up there.

Johnny_Blaze_47
Sadly enough, San Antonio would welcome back its step child with open arms.

For the love of Christ, no.

Marcus Bryant
Can Jack be traded again this season? The alcohol has killed my memory of that CBA rule.

BERSERK
So are you going to answer his question? How many times have you seen him play?

So far, his opinion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yours.

3 games so far. The only thing is I'm not even going to judge White in those developmental games. The guy has 3 terrible games and people abandon the guy's potential talent. Attacking other forum member is a great way to make your case and arguments. I'm surprised you're still even here.

Kori Ellis
01-18-2007, 12:54 AM
Can Jack be traded again this season? The alcohol has killed my memory of that CBA rule.

Within 48 hours in a package or anytime after that alone only?

(Pure guess)

Aggie Hoopsfan

Same here (on the alcohol), but I seem to remember something about it being doable within 48 hours as long as he's traded by himself.

Hmmm, Eric Williams for Jack?

ChumpDumper
Can Jack be traded again this season? The alcohol has killed my memory of that CBA rule.Yes, by himself.

ChumpDumper
3 games so far.Which ones?

Ocotillo
01-18-2007, 12:57 AM
White is not going to turn this team around, especially this season.

We need an athletic wing to either back up Bowen/Manu or to start and let Manu come off the bench. Maggette **cough**

A big wouldn't hurt either but that was our big free agent signing this off season wasn't it, Butler who is a project and Elson who is an enigma.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 12:57 AM
3 games so far. The only thing is I'm not even going to judge White in those developmental games. The guy has 3 terrible games and people abandon the guy's potential talent.

So what exactly are you judging him on? A couple of dunks on Youtube?

Like you said, *potential talent*. By the time that talent could be realized, Tim Duncan will be retired and the Spurs will be playing in Anaheim or Vegas.

It's not about 3 terrible games, he's never had a reliable jumper.

Attacking other forum member is a great way to make your case and arguments.

Kinda like when you bitch about people using the big bad F word.

I'm surprised you're still even here.

Surprise, fucker :lol Seriously, close your browser window, turn off the computer, and come back to the site in 5-6 years when you've got a clue and James White is either the 12th man or flipping burgers.

Kori Ellis
01-18-2007, 12:58 AM
Yes, by himself.

Yeah I just looked it up, there's no 48 hour rule that I stated.

A player can't be traded ...
For two months after receiving the player in trade or claiming him off waivers, if the player is being traded in combination with other players. However, the team is free to trade the player by himself (not packaged with other players) immediately.

So he can only be traded alone for the next 2 months.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 12:59 AM
Yeah I just looked it up, there's no 48 hour rule that I stated.

So he can only be traded alone.

Well, we were all close :lol

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2007, 12:59 AM
Hmmm....Nellie pissed at the Mavs...shit, is Pop's buddy still GM of the Warriors? Nah. Oh well.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Hmmm....Nellie pissed at the Mavs...shit, is Pop's buddy still GM of the Warriors? Nah. Oh well.

Yeah, but it is still Chris Mullin :lol

ShoogarBear
I imagine Chris Mullen is pretty much Nellie's marionette.

ChumpDumper
Which ones?

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Trade for DJ. Perfect to learn from Bowen

Long, athletic, talented and can be a nightmare for opposing players.

The MAIN issue with Dermarr is his head, he doesnt use the talent he has and Karl has grown sick of it.

He wont get any minutes in Denver, would cost next to nothing and may be rejuvenated under Pop

Just a small idea

Kori Ellis
SJax for Barry works straight up?

Kori Ellis

The MAIN issue with Dermarr is his head, he doesnt use the talent he has and Karl has grown sick of it.

He wont get any minutes in Denver, would cost next to nothing and may be rejuvenated under Pop

Just a small idea

The Spurs have passed on him several times. So I don't know if they'll re-think their thinking.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 01:02 AM
Give him some time Chump, he's got to google the Toros and find their box scores, so he can give you the games White did better than 0 for January.

Marcus Bryant
Barry + Beno for Jack. Barry's a Nellie type of player and the Warriors could revive a little of the old glory days with Rick's son on board. Brent could live a little closer to his summer home and Beno, well, Beno should feel right at home in the Bay Area.

Johnny_Blaze_47
SJax for Barry works straight up?

Trade Machine says yes (however trustworthy that is).

SJax - $6.1M for four.
Barry - $5.1 for two.

Aggie Hoopsfan

Just a small idea

The main issue with Dermarr is he sucks.

ShoogarBear
01-18-2007, 01:03 AM
DerMarr has been mentioned a few times previously in other threads. I don't see him as jumping in and doing much to help the Spurs mid-season, but he would have been an interesting guy to develop of the course of a full year.

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-18-2007, 01:03 AM
The Spurs have passed on him several times. So I don't know if they'll re-think their thinking.

dang it. I want him out of Denver and under someone who can actaully coach him.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2007, 01:04 AM

SJax - $6.1M for four.
Barry - $5.1 for two.Looks close enough.

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2007, 01:05 AM

SJax - $6.1M for four.
Barry - $5.1 for two.

2010 > 2008.

TRADE DECLINED.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Barry for Jax works.

Kori Ellis
Barry's contract has a trade kicker. I wonder how much it is.

timvp

SJax - $6.1M for four.
Barry - $5.1 for two.

My heart says I'd do it.

My brain says that Jack's numbers have plummeted to the point that he shoots about as well as Beno, rebounds about as well as Bowen and makes as much as Manu.

It'd be a panic trade, that's for sure.

NuGGeTs-FaN
The main issue with Dermarr is he sucks.

It's his confidence, GK has ruined it.

Remember when the Nuggets went 32-8 over 40 games when Gk stepped in as coac? Take a guess who the starting SG was :smokin

Then what does GK do? Not play him much during the Spurs series and then ever since then he hasnt used him much at all.

How does a coach stop playing the starting SG in a 32-8 run? :drunk

DJ needs a coach who helps him get his confidence up again. He has skills but no confidence at the moment

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2007, 01:07 AM
Actually, since Jack decided to beat up some fans and squeeze off a clip in a strip club parking lot the probability of a second stint is probably the size of TPark's penis.

Kori Ellis
01-18-2007, 01:09 AM
My heart says I'd do it.

My brain says that Jack's numbers have plummeted to the point that he shoots about as well as Beno, rebounds about as well as Bowen and makes as much as Manu.

It'd be a panic trade, that's for sure.

I don't care about his numbers in Indy. I still take him here. He has a step on your throat mentality (maybe too literally :lol) that the Spurs are missing. He enjoys burying teams.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 01:13 AM
It's his confidence, GK has ruined it.

Remember when the Nuggets went 32-8 over 40 games when Gk stepped in as coac? Take a guess who the starting SG was :smokin

Then what does GK do? Not play him much during the Spurs series and then ever since then he hasnt used him much at all.

How does a coach stop playing the starting SG in a 32-8 run? :drunk

DJ needs a coach who helps him get his confidence up again. He has skills but no confidence at the moment

And Vandershank showed us with the Cowboys that it's easy for a guy to come back when his confidence is shot :rolleyes

No thanks. Give me Jax.

Das Texan
01-18-2007, 01:13 AM
I'd take SJax in a second. Fuck his Indy numbers. Put him back in the Spurs sytem and get his head screwed on stright again and its fucking on.

Dust off the #3. I'm all for it.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Give him some time Chump, he's got to google the Toros and find their box scores, so he can give you the games White did better than 0 for January.Damn, he's taking awhile.

I say if we were going to hang our hopes on a D-Leaguer, we missed out on the Kelenna Azubuike sweepstakes; he was probably going to get an NBA job on his biceps alone.

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-18-2007, 01:16 AM
I'd take SJax in a second. Fuck his Indy numbers. Put him back in the Spurs sytem and get his head screwed on stright again and its fucking on.

Dust off the #3. I'm all for it.

Jackson and head screwed on straight, they dont belong in the same paragraph.

Maybe if he was younger but seems set in his dumb ways now. I guess its a risk the Spurs might have to take

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2007, 01:17 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2003/playoffs/news/2003/05/29/mavs_spurs_ap/t1_jackson_all.jpg

After sparking the run that closed out the Mavs en route to the Spurs' 2nd NBA championship.

Das Texan
01-18-2007, 01:18 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2003/playoffs/news/2003/05/29/mavs_spurs_ap/t1_jackson_all.jpg

After sparking the run that closed out the Mavs en route to the Spurs' 2nd NBA championship.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2007, 01:18 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2003/playoffs/news/2003/06/15/jackson_sider_ap/t1_jackson_ap.jpg

After closing out the Nets to win the Spurs' 2nd NBA championship. Note to self: always wear a t-shirt when attending sporting events.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 01:20 AM
Jackson and head screwed on straight, they dont belong in the same paragraph.

Maybe if he was younger but seems set in his dumb ways now. I guess its a risk the Spurs might have to take

First, it's a relative thing about his head being on straight.

Second, it wouldn't be a risk. Put Buckets and Manu on the wings together and this team goes nuclear.

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2007, 01:21 AM
http://www.voanews.com/serbian/Archive/images/Atlanta%20Hawks'%20Stephen%20Jackson%20(1)%20battl es%20for%20the%20rebound%20with%20Sacramento%20Kin gs'%20Peja%20Stojakovic%20(16)%20of%20Serbia-Montenegro,%20and%20Brad%20Miller.jpg http://www.pistonsdownloads.com/images/stephen_jackson.jpg http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/warriors_logo.gif

The Lost Years.

goliath
01-18-2007, 01:35 AM
On Around the Horn today they were discussing the GS-Indy trade. They all seemed to think SJax was going to get bought out or waived.

Das Texan
01-18-2007, 01:36 AM
On Around the Horn today they were discussing the GS-Indy trade. They all seemed to think SJax was going to get bought out or waived.

Go call Fegan now. (Is he still his agent?)

MannyIsGod
01-18-2007, 01:37 AM
Somewhere, Taruky is laughing his ass off because I would love to have Hedo back. I hate myself.

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2007, 01:39 AM
http://mikeneko.creator.club.ne.jp/~lab/culture/hatten/image/h2.jpg

timvp
01-18-2007, 01:39 AM
If SJax gets bought out, the Spurs better find a way to get him in San Antonio.

MannyIsGod
01-18-2007, 01:40 AM
I doubt he gets bought out. WTF?

goliath
01-18-2007, 01:41 AM

The context was that the upside for GS was Harrington but the downside was SJax b/c hes a headcase. But they all sorta responded to it by saying GS can/will waive or buy him out.

Das Texan
Whatever the case, get him home.

Marcus Bryant
Yeah, I mean he's not like he raped a chick. And even then...

ChumpDumper
That's one hell of a buyout for a serviceable player, even if he shot a fan.

MannyIsGod
01-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Yeah, I really doubt a buyout is in order there. But who knows, stranger things have happened.

On another note, how much of this season is on Pop? What is he has lost the ability to motivate this team. He's had a long run as the coach, but when you reach a point that the players don't respond to you it is time for that run to be over. A turning point like that comes with all but the best coaches.

Does anyone think Pop is at a point where he has lost the ability to get what it takes from this team?

ChumpDumper
01-18-2007, 01:54 AM
If someone else is avialble who could do a better job with this team at this point, I'm all ears. Just can't think of anyone currently.

Mr. Body
01-18-2007, 02:00 AM
Does anyone think Pop is at a point where he has lost the ability to get what it takes from this team?

I was thinking the same thing. He's not getting through to them anymore.

MannyIsGod
01-18-2007, 02:01 AM
I don't think a mid season coaching change is going to happen nor should it. But should Pop see us out in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs, I wonder how secure his position is.

My problem is that when I see a team as lethargic and (for lack of better words) heartless as the Spurs have played this year, I think a good deal of that starts with leadership which comes with the coach.

I don't know how he is ripping Duncan in private right now, but something must be done and eventually you have to hold him (Pop) responsible.

Budkin
01-18-2007, 02:06 AM
I don't think Pop rips Duncan anymore. He always goes on about how Timmy takes the blame on himself, etc. Well someone needs to rip that soft ass piece of shit a new one. He should still be dominating bitches with his talent and at his age. He is too good to be letting Rony Turiaf lay it up over him uncontested.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-18-2007, 02:08 AM
I don't think a mid season coaching change is going to happen nor should it. But should Pop see us out in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs, I wonder how secure his position is.

My problem is that when I see a team as lethargic and (for lack of better words) heartless as the Spurs have played this year, I think a good deal of that starts with leadership which comes with the coach.

I don't know how he is ripping Duncan in private right now, but something must be done and eventually you have to hold him (Pop) responsible.

While Pop's coaching seems to be at an all time low, I think when it comes to reaching out to the players the coaches can only bitch to them for so long before being tuned out.

What they need is a PLAYER who can pull them aside and kick their ass (much like Mario Elie and to a lesser extent AJ used to do)

As dim as it looks, I firmly believe that we would NOT have won the 2005 championship without Nazr. I don't care what anyone says but he was contributing much more than Malik and his rebounding was crucial to the team even if his defense was often sub par.

Same deal with Detroit making a crucial trade to get Sheed back in 2004 that eventually helped them get the ring.

We just need to plug in the role players since our bench is non existent and make sure we get quality players with a commitment to winning.

The biggest tragedy is that for a team full of so many veterans who have been through so many years in the league (in regards to the ups and downs) you'd think these would be the last set of guys who would need motivation.

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2007, 02:08 AM
Fuck man they're not capable.

MannyIsGod
01-18-2007, 02:11 AM
Fuck man they're not capable.They may very well not be capable, but are you going to tell me this team is giving its all?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 02:31 AM

IF that happened and he wasn't wearing the silver and black within the week, Pop should be shot.

VaSpursFan
01-18-2007, 02:36 AM
IF that happened and he wasn't wearing the silver and black within the week, Pop should be shot.

pop and buford should be shot anyway for not pulling the trigger on the maggette when it was first offered. now everyone sees that barry was overachieving and beno has no real talent. we showcased our trade bait and they actually started playing shitty. if i'm rc, i call the clips tomorrow and give them whatever they want outside of the big 3. we REALLY need maggette. we may need another trade after that but maggs is the bare minimum.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 02:38 AM
Yeah, I really doubt a buyout is in order there. But who knows, stranger things have happened.

On another note, how much of this season is on Pop? What is he has lost the ability to motivate this team. He's had a long run as the coach, but when you reach a point that the players don't respond to you it is time for that run to be over. A turning point like that comes with all but the best coaches.

This team looks like the team that got owned by LA in the playoffs a few years back. A great player in TD with a bunch of ancient vets surrounding him on the perimeter.

And just like that year, this year two things are going on -

1. Duncan is playing like he doesn't give a damn. Which seems to be the norm when it's obvious the personnel around him aren't going to get the job done.

2. Pop looks clueless. He's generally a solid coach, but when he doesn't find lightning in a bottle as far as personnel goes, he's not good enough at the x's and o's to adapt during the season.

Think about it. Every tactical problem with our team has been resolved not by Pop drawing up some genius offensive set or anything like that, but by the Spurs getting ushered out of the playoffs and Pop re-tooling in the off-season.

Unfortunately he didn't really do that this past summer. He and RC were both blinded by a close series with the Mavs and didn't remedy the two obvious weaknesses in this team - backup PG and a young swing man who could log solid minutes off the bench.

So we're back to where we were several years ago. Watching Michael Finley do his best Terry Porter imitation, Duncan realizing the season is fucked and mailing it in, and Pop clueless to do anything about it.

I'm actually amazed Manny's post hasn't been met with trepidation by the Popsuckers, but I guess maybe even some of them are seeing the light these days with the Spurs playing .500 ball of late.

Pop is culpable on two fronts - he didn't really do anything to improve the team over the summer, and he's not a good enough x's and o's guy to overcome the obvious weaknesses this team is still dealing with.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2007, 02:39 AM
Who then?

Amuseddaysleeper
01-18-2007, 02:42 AM
I want Mouse to coach this team

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 02:46 AM
Who then?

I don't even know that it needs to be a complete change of staff, just bringing in someone to run the offense.

Phil's a great coach, but even he had Tex Winter around to coordinate the offense.

We need a dedicated offensive guy to come in that has complete control of the offense, that is given enough power that he's not having to kiss Tim's ass all the time like Pop does now.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2007, 02:50 AM
Well, I'm asking for names because I really don't know much about available coaches, not to be a pain in the ass.

That's a bonus.

Mr. Body
01-18-2007, 02:50 AM
I thought it was generally understood that P.J. Carlesimo draws up a lot of the Spurs' offensive sets.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 02:51 AM
I thought it was generally understood that P.J. Carlesimo draws up a lot of the Spurs' offensive sets.

Hey, it sounds good, then the press can criticize him. Because Pop never screws up.

If you believe that, I've got some nice ocean front property on the outskirts of Lawrence, Kansas for you.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 02:52 AM
Well, I'm asking for names because I really don't know much about available coaches, not to be a pain in the ass.

That's a bonus.

:lol I'm too tired to think about it right now, I'll see if I can come up with some names. The only one who comes to mind is Argentina's old national team coach (think he's semi-retired from coaching these days).

Mr. Body
01-18-2007, 02:52 AM
Believe what? Make some sense.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 02:54 AM
I thought it was pretty straightforward...

If you really believe PJ is responsible for our offense, I've got some nice ocean front property outside of Lawrence, Ks. for you.

Mr. Body
01-18-2007, 02:56 AM
Did I say I thought he was exclusively, anymore than Tex was in LA?