PDA

View Full Version : Who should be getting more attention: Suns or Mavs?

mFFL03
01-18-2007, 12:54 AM
Ok,

Seems like everytime I look at Espn.com or Espn it seems like the Suns are getting more attention, over the Mavs.

I don't have NBA TV or any of that other crap...but it seems that the Suns are shining brighter in the media.

So, who should be getting more attention for their play.....theres only TWO options...Suns and Mavs.

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-18-2007, 01:40 AM
The Mavs.

The same ol' stuff is hyped up with the Suns but they never get to the Finals.

cornbread
01-18-2007, 01:42 AM
Is there really even a question?

Sacramental
01-18-2007, 01:44 AM
mavs.

Sacramental
01-18-2007, 01:45 AM
i dunno, everytime we play the mavs i laugh cuz u look at their time and its a bunch of black guys and 1 really good white guy...and then im sobbing afterwards when we get owned.

LA24
01-18-2007, 01:45 AM
LOL !! So far Mavs 8, Suns 0.

Sacramental
01-18-2007, 01:47 AM
make it 9 ;)

LA24
01-18-2007, 01:50 AM
Nashfan <sigh>....party pooper.

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2007, 01:54 AM
both overrated teams

Xylus
01-18-2007, 04:08 AM
both overrated teams
:lol

Mavs for now, only because they beat the Suns in their last matchup.

BIG IRISH
01-18-2007, 04:18 AM
It is now 13-4, Mav's play defense.

Bruno
01-18-2007, 05:31 AM
Suns, more upside, biggest chance to get a ring.

JMarkJohns
01-18-2007, 08:06 AM
Suns, more upside, biggest chance to get a ring.

Upside vs. Results (at least better results)

0-3 vs. 3-1 (vs. each other and San Antonio)

It's a tough choice for me, but until Phoenix wins a game vs. the Mavs or Spurs, you can't honestly expect them to beat either in the playoffs, which means either a semifinals or conference finals loss, depending on how seeding is. Since you can't expect it, I find some of these expectations a bit much.

Suns are very, very good, but they still have rebounding issues, something made worse with the recent loss of Thomas for a month or longer. Mavs, because of their rebounding, are simply the better team RIGHT NOW.

da_suns_fan__
01-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Dallas had their chance....a completely healthy team against an old Miami team...and they CHOKED!!!

Plus the Mavs are now one of the slowest teams in the league and they don't have much star power.

This is why people like the Suns more.

The_Game
01-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Dallas had their chance....a completely healthy team against an old Miami team...and they CHOKED!!!

Plus the Mavs are now one of the slowest teams in the league and they don't have much star power.

you're an idiot.

Texas_Ranger
01-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Phx

Shank
01-18-2007, 11:11 AM

Wow.

lurker
01-18-2007, 11:21 AM

That's signature worthy right there.

da_suns_fan__
01-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Just look at pace if you don't believe they are one of the slowest teams in the league....

Mavs are near the bottom..28th out of 30 teams...
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats?sort=pac&league=nba
And they only have one player who will probably make the all-start team.
Hence...not much star power.

Bookit
01-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Just look at pace if you don't believe they are one of the slowest teams in the league....

lol, just because the Mavs like to make the opposing team work on defense doesn't mean they are slow.

u2sarajevo
01-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Let the Suns get the media attention. They have the stay-puft MVP for 2 years running so the intrigue is there.

Besides, I like being the underdog.

DallasFan
01-19-2007, 01:48 AM

100 mph high flying offense...and this is why the Phoenix Suns will continue to wear themselves out at the end. They can score 10 points in a flash, but give up 15 even quicker.

I am more worried about San Antonio than Phoenix. Also, if Amare goes down, same ole' story.

Slowest teams..do you watch the games? They can play both styles: Low-scoring Spurs style game or fast paced, Suns style. That's what makes them unique.

As for star power: Avery teaches TEAM play. Even when Dirk has an off-par game, someone always steps up. Think of them as the NBA version of the Patriots.

mavs>spurs2
01-19-2007, 03:01 AM

Lol wtf are you talking about they're a very fast team which is what gave San Antonio trouble in the playoffs last year. Not much star power? MVP candidate plus 2 possible all stars sounds like enough star power to me.

timvp
01-19-2007, 03:26 AM
Mavs.

Easily.

da_suns_fan__
01-19-2007, 09:37 AM
100 mph high flying offense...and this is why the Phoenix Suns will continue to wear themselves out at the end. They can score 10 points in a flash, but give up 15 even quicker.

I am more worried about San Antonio than Phoenix. Also, if Amare goes down, same ole' story.

Slowest teams..do you watch the games? They can play both styles: Low-scoring Spurs style game or fast paced, Suns style. That's what makes them unique.

As for star power: Avery teaches TEAM play. Even when Dirk has an off-par game, someone always steps up. Think of them as the NBA version of the Patriots.

:lol

I don't remember the Patriots choking in the superbowl.

Maybe the NBA version of the Buffalo Bills.

Actually, make that the Redskins since they both have the embarassing owner.

da_suns_fan__
01-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Lol wtf are you talking about they're a very fast team which is what gave San Antonio trouble in the playoffs last year. Not much star power? MVP candidate plus 2 possible all stars sounds like enough star power to me.

MVP candidate and 2 possible all stars?

MVP Candidate : Dirk

2 Possible All-Stars : Josh Howard and.....and.....WHO?

btw - Josh Howard isn't exactly a draw.

mabber
01-19-2007, 10:41 AM
MVP candidate and 2 possible all stars?

MVP Candidate : Dirk

2 Possible All-Stars : Josh Howard and.....and.....WHO?

btw - Josh Howard isn't exactly a draw.

I think he meant MVP candidate (Dirk) and 2 possible all stars (Dirk & Howard).

Not many teams have what I call "star power". I think Dirk barely has any "star power" even though he's one of the best players in the league. Nash is similar to Dirk in that respect (as is Duncan). In fact, the Mavs, Spurs & Suns have very little, if any, "star power" If Amare continues to improve he might get there.

Kobe, LeBron, Wade and even Vince Carter have it though.

themvp
01-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Where is "none" option?

da_suns_fan__
01-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I think he meant MVP candidate (Dirk) and 2 possible all stars (Dirk & Howard).

Not many teams have what I call "star power". I think Dirk barely has any "star power" even though he's one of the best players in the league. Nash is similar to Dirk in that respect (as is Duncan). In fact, the Mavs, Spurs & Suns have very little, if any, "star power" If Amare continues to improve he might get there.

Kobe, LeBron, Wade and even Vince Carter have it though.

Ah...i think you're probably right.

PhxDog
01-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Hasn't it been almost two years now that Mavs fans have been congratulating themselves, because their team decided to become boring and unwatchable, just like the Spurs? It's probably time for you guys to cut out the drama queen bit when your team isn't receiving enough press for your liking in December and January.

Does it really surprise you that scribes and fans can't appreciate the poetry involved in walking the ball up the floor for yet another middle isolation? (Or, as I like to call it, the dump-and-chase.) That they can't understand the dominance implied in squeaking by Indiana by cadging calls from the home team down the stretch?

My advice is, get used to it--even if the Suns didn't exist, some other non-Dallas team would be getting most of the accolades right now.

Hey, you can always take a page from the Spurs fan's manual and console yourselves with your their championships.

RonMexico
01-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Where is "none" option?

Where's the "gun" option in your sig's pictures?

phyzik
01-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Hasn't it been almost two years now that Mavs fans have been congratulating themselves, because their team decided to become boring and unwatchable, just like the Spurs? It's probably time for you guys to cut out the drama queen bit when your team isn't receiving enough press for your liking in December and January.

Does it really surprise you that scribes and fans can't appreciate the poetry involved in walking the ball up the floor for yet another middle isolation? (Or, as I like to call it, the dump-and-chase.) That they can't understand the dominance implied in squeaking by Indiana by cadging calls from the home team down the stretch?

My advice is, get used to it--even if the Suns didn't exist, some other non-Dallas team would be getting most of the accolades right now.

Hey, you can always take a page from the Spurs fan's manual and console yourselves with your their championships.

You can keep your high paced franetic game play, which I might add Spurs beat you at with our "old" and "slow" guys back in 2005. we'll keep what works in the playoffs. You can beat off to And1 mix tapes while Suns are out fishing during the finals.

ponky
01-19-2007, 05:13 PM
My advice is, get used to it--even if the Suns didn't exist, some other non-Dallas team would be getting most of the accolades hype right now.

oops, you made a mistake, i fixed it for you

PhxDog
01-19-2007, 07:36 PM

If you two agree with me so much, why didn't you say something earlier? :lol

Greg Oden
01-19-2007, 07:38 PM
mavs. they're easily the better team. not even close.

Amare_32
01-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Upside vs. Results (at least better results)

0-3 vs. 3-1 (vs. each other and San Antonio)

It's a tough choice for me, but until Phoenix wins a game vs. the Mavs or Spurs, you can't honestly expect them to beat either in the playoffs, which means either a semifinals or conference finals loss, depending on how seeding is. Since you can't expect it, I find some of these expectations a bit much.

Suns are very, very good, but they still have rebounding issues, something made worse with the recent loss of Thomas for a month or longer. Mavs, because of their rebounding, are simply the better team RIGHT NOW.

This is the same lame crap everyone likes to spew. Does anyone remember last year when Miami was horrible against basically every team above .500 yet won the title. BTW the Suns have beaten the Mavs in the playoffs before. The last 2 games vs the Mavs Stoudermire was just getting back into the rotation and the second game it came down to the last shot. The regular season other than what records the teams end up with have no bearing on the postseason. By your logic the Mavs should have swept the Heat in the Finals.
________
ROLL A JOINT (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

mavsfan1000
01-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Miami is a half court team. Phoenix is a run and gun team. Half court teams do better in the playoffs. Phoenix will lose.

Amare_32
01-19-2007, 09:20 PM
You can keep your high paced franetic game play, which I might add Spurs beat you at with our "old" and "slow" guys back in 2005. we'll keep what works in the playoffs. You can beat off to And1 mix tapes while Suns are out fishing during the finals.

You could have put the orignal dream team against them and still won the title. The Spurs were title bound no matter what. Plus if you ask the Suns they knew they had no chance to beat the Spurs in 05. Hell I knew they had no chance to pull it off. It was a great season no one had them even making the playoffs much less getting to Game 5 of the WCF with the Spurs. Sports illustrated had them as the 10th seed.
________
WATER BONG (http://glassbongs.org/)

Amare_32
01-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Miami is a half court team. Phoenix is a run and gun team. Half court teams do better in the playoffs. Phoenix will lose.

The Mavs also run. How did do you think the Mavs beat the Spurs in the semis. With Terry and Harris they ran the Spurs out of the arena. The Mavs would have struggle badly if they took on the Spurs in a halfcourt game. Look at Game 1 in that series with Terry and Griffin in the backcourt. They scored under 90 points which is San Antonio's pace and lost.
________
XS 650 (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_XS_650)
________
Roll a joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

dallaskd
01-19-2007, 11:43 PM
haha, suns fan got pwnd

RonMexico
01-20-2007, 04:07 AM
haha, suns fan got pwnd

Who is this kid? I don't know this guy. I might have said one word to this kid. Maybe he wasn't hugged enough as a kid... I dunno... but to use the term pwned must mean when he got a triple double and lost to the Nuggets