PDA

View Full Version : Don't worry Spurs fans

kris
01-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Look everybody, I know everythings a little rough in spursland right now, but we gotta perservere. Did I spell that right? Anyways look, we got the best basketball player on the planet on our team and then we've got Manu and Tony who are both All-Star players. Coach Pop is a hall of fame coach and we've got a lot of experience on the bench. Bruce Bowen is a All-NBA defender and Robert Horry is really clutch in the playoffs. Plus, there's Oberto who gives us some latino flavor while manning the middle. He's tough and hardnosed. Soon Red Rocket will be coming back and he will provide the spark we need. Brent Barry will keep spreading the floor until then.

For the future, Pop and RC are grooming some of our young talent like Beno and Jackie Butler to be the future Tim and Tony.

I know you're mad, but a few free throws here and some better refs there and we have 7 less losses. Not to mention we've got a lot of bad bounces what with the old microfiber balls and we're still getting adjusted to the leather balls again. We're sitting pretty for now and the future. :santahat

SequSpur
01-18-2007, 01:08 AM
Look everybody, I know everythings a little rough in spursland right now, but we gotta perservere. Did I spell that right? Anyways look, we got the best basketball player on the planet on our team and then we've got Manu and Tony who are both All-Star players. Coach Pop is a hall of fame coach and we've got a lot of experience on the bench. Bruce Bowen is a All-NBA defender and Robert Horry is really clutch in the playoffs. Plus, there's Oberto who gives us some latino flavor while manning the middle. He's tough and hardnosed. Soon Red Rocket will be coming back and he will provide the spark we need. Brent Barry will keep spreading the floor until then.

For the future, Pop and RC are grooming some of our young talent like Beno and Jackie Butler to be the future Tim and Tony.

I know you're mad, but a few free throws here and some better refs there and we have 7 less losses. Not to mention we've got a lot of bad bounces what with the old microfiber balls and we're still getting adjusted to the leather balls again. We're sitting pretty for now and the future. :santahat
http://cannabisculture.com/library/images/uploads/1462-Dana-hog.jpg

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2007, 01:08 AM
Glenlivet. 4 fingers.

Kori Ellis
01-18-2007, 01:10 AM
:lol @ kris

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-18-2007, 01:11 AM

cqsallie?

Das Texan
01-18-2007, 01:16 AM

http://www.infoimagination.org/ps/drug_war/cocaine/images_cocaine/lines.jpeg

ShoogarBear
01-18-2007, 01:18 AM
http://cannabisculture.com/library/images/uploads/1462-Dana-hog.jpg:lmao

kris
01-18-2007, 01:22 AM
Come on guys, what happened to the days when that guy would put up pictures of tanks and helicopters with a bunch of clip art sirens?

gospursgooo
01-18-2007, 01:24 AM
Just accept it, my friend, the Spurs cannot compete at the highest level any longer. I really hate how Finley played! Beno really sucked too!

angel_luv
01-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Come on guys, what happened to the days when that guy would put up pictures of tanks and helicopters with a bunch of clip art sirens?

http://i12.tinypic.com/29cunb4.jpg
?????????????

Mayday! :lol

MrChug

No, we understand your optomism kris...and to further that thought, we support it. We DO however greive in the Spurs' current downward spiral. It IS in all human nature that WHEN in a downward spiral that we question what caused it. We bitch, we whine, we give up, we lash out. It's human. And since there it has YET to be proven that even primates can reply to a thread, we'll have to adjust to it. Thank you kris, we really do...or at least I do. It just "seems" that this teams fails to acknowledge any urgency. That's all. Toast. :toast

Solid D
Well, I won't say I liked the old kris better, but.....:lol

kris
01-18-2007, 01:35 AM
Even Angel Luv's helicopter is crashing??? Come on guys, let's brighten up the mood around here. Who has the clip of where that kid asks the computer what is the object of something? and the computer says " TO WIN THE GAME" and everybody goes wild.

kris
01-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Plus remember we still have our Ace in the hole - Tim Duncan angry in the playoffs.

angel_luv
01-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Even Angel Luv's helicopter is crashing??? Come on guys, let's brighten up the mood around here. Who has the clip of where that kid asks the computer what is the object of something? and the computer says " TO WIN THE GAME" and everybody goes wild.

:lol I kidded. ( That a word?)

Like anyone I do my share of yelling at the t.v., but when the game ends, so do my theatrics.

I still Believe!

joeyjfive
01-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Plus remember we still have our Ace in the hole - Tim Duncan angry in the playoffs.

hahahahahaha, great post

Amarelooms
01-18-2007, 12:26 PM

The best basketball player on the planet??? lol...here are a list of players better than Duncan homer...get with it and take those homer glasses off:

Dirk
KG
Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Nash
Amare...he still LOOMS
Yao
TMac
etc...must I go on?

Kori Ellis
01-18-2007, 12:27 PM
The best basketball player on the planet??? lol...here are a list of players better than Duncan homer...get with it and take those homer glasses off:

Dirk
KG
Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Nash
Amare...he still LOOMS
Yao
TMac
etc...must I go on?

:lol @ people not realizing Kris' initial post is sarcastic.

kris has been bashing the Spurs for over a year, particularly Duncan. He's mocking other Spurs fans with this thread.

Amarelooms
01-18-2007, 12:28 PM
:lol @ people not realizing Kris' initial post is sarcastic.

kris has been bashing the Spurs for over a year, particularly Duncan. He's mocking other Spurs fans with this thread.

I stopped reading after the first 2 sentences...........

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-18-2007, 12:38 PM

You stopped after "Did I spell that right?"?

angel_luv
01-18-2007, 12:38 PM
:oops My bad- I gave Kris too much credit- assumed he was being helpful. Silly me. :lol

Slomo
01-18-2007, 12:41 PM

I know you're mad, but a few free throws here and some better refs there and we have 7 less losses. Not to mention we've got a lot of bad bounces what with the old microfiber balls and we're still getting adjusted to the leather balls again. We're sitting pretty for now and the future. :santahat:lol :lol :lol
Here's a pic to help inspire the infidels.

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/Killer_Timmy.jpg

And please people pay attention! It's embarassing to have Kori explain the thread! :lol

So here's a picture for you too:
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Emoticons/detour.jpg

SpurYank
01-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Kris, thanks! Your post was like cold water in my face. You are absolutely correct. There was a stretch last night in the fourth quater, when we came back from 10 points down to forge ahead by one, that the Spurs looked like the Spurs of yesterday. So we didn't maintain the lead. Kobe doesn't play on every team we play. Kobe doesn't usually make 12 of 19 shots. He makes 12 of 29! And that means many of those misses are rebounded by the Spurs and we back to other way.

All this is to say, we lose 20 to 25 games every year. Some are ugly as hell. We win 58 to 60 games every year as well. Many of those wins we never should have had. When Avery made that jump shot in 1999, the 8th seeded Knicks were THAT close to winning that game. Eighth-seeded!

We'll come back. If Pop didn't go after Webber nor Maggette, it's because he still believes this team can win, and is better without them.

When everyone is back, healthy, and our confidence is just a hair better than it is now, we'll be there at the end.

Phil Jackson was right last night when he said "we caught the Spurs when their shots weren't going down, when they were down a bit. This won't happen too many times."

He's right.

Relax. And have faith in our team

LEONARD
01-18-2007, 01:11 PM
a few free throws here and some better refs there and we have 7 less losses. Not to mention we've got a lot of bad bounces what with the old microfiber balls and we're still getting adjusted to the leather balls again. We're sitting pretty for now and the future. :santahat

Wow... :lol

nkdlunch
01-18-2007, 01:12 PM
wow, this forum is turning pathetic

polandprzem
01-18-2007, 01:13 PM
kris bashing :tu
poland's bashing :td

remingtonbo2001
01-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Don't bother trying to RALLY THE TROOPS.... Being an optimist, I completely agree with your positive attitude. Really, your wasting time trying to convience some that THE SKY ISN'T FALLING. Yeah, Beno might SUCK, but there are still children starving in Africa.

nkdlunch
01-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Don't bother trying to RALLY THE TROOPS.... Being an optimist, I completely agree with your positive attitude. Really, your wasting time trying to convience some that THE SKY ISN'T FALLING. Yeah, Beno might SUCK, but there are still children starving in Africa.

Pop is that you?

Extra Stout
01-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Nobody stays at the mountaintop forever.

The question is whether the Spurs will take a risk to try to squeeze another championship out of this crew, or whether they simply will let them gradually slide down the standings.

I'm guessing they will do the latter, at least until 2008.

duncanchick21
01-18-2007, 03:01 PM
:spin :downspin: Hey Guys I Know It's Rough Right Now, But All This Serves A Purpose. They Will Get Better. Trust Me. This Is No Time To Bail Out On The Team!!! I Still Believe Baby!!!! Go Spurs Go!!!!

BeerIsGood!
01-18-2007, 03:13 PM

I don't know anything about kris or his history on the board, but this is the exact point where I got the sarcasm. Nobody can be that dense. :dizzy

jn77
01-18-2007, 04:03 PM

I stopped reading after he said Pop is grooming young talent like Beno!

Besides kris's sarcasim, we should all just relax. I'm sure the front office will make a move before the trade deadline. I am sure Beno will see less minutes, I am sure Fin will find his shot and I think that Elson's return will provide a little spark. I am not ready to jump in a lifeboat just yet. I think the ship is sinking. Maybe my faith is misguided, but I still belive.

Go Spurs Go!!

bigfundamental21
01-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Kris, thanks! Your post was like cold water in my face. You are absolutely correct. There was a stretch last night in the fourth quater, when we came back from 10 points down to forge ahead by one, that the Spurs looked like the Spurs of yesterday. So we didn't maintain the lead. Kobe doesn't play on every team we play. Kobe doesn't usually make 12 of 19 shots. He makes 12 of 29! And that means many of those misses are rebounded by the Spurs and we back to other way.

All this is to say, we lose 20 to 25 games every year. Some are ugly as hell. We win 58 to 60 games every year as well. Many of those wins we never should have had. When Avery made that jump shot in 1999, the 8th seeded Knicks were THAT close to winning that game. Eighth-seeded!

We'll come back. If Pop didn't go after Webber nor Maggette, it's because he still believes this team can win, and is better without them.

When everyone is back, healthy, and our confidence is just a hair better than it is now, we'll be there at the end.

Phil Jackson was right last night when he said "we caught the Spurs when their shots weren't going down, when they were down a bit. This won't happen too many times."

He's right.

Relax. And have faith in our team

Even if Kris was being sarcastic with this thread, I hope there is still some hope for this team. We're still in the top five in the power rankings on NBA.com and we can only get better. All this negativity is depressing. BELIEVE.

Love4Spurs
01-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Is it OK say say something about the Spurs that someone may disagree with and not get banned like some other Spurs forums?

Kori Ellis
01-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Is it OK say say something about the Spurs that someone may disagree with and not get banned like some other Spurs forums?

:lol
Sure, go ahead.

exstatic
01-18-2007, 10:41 PM
http://cannabisculture.com/library/images/uploads/1462-Dana-hog.jpg
Mouse? Is that you, brah?

ShoogarBear
:ban: :ban: :ban:

BeerIsGood!

If you're about to call them a bunch of lazy ass whores who have one foot in the retirement home you'd actually be in the majority here.

Love4Spurs
01-18-2007, 10:44 PM
:lol
Sure, go ahead.

We suck right now!!! I realize it's only January, but WOW just WOW. It would be nice to see 5 guys on the court that actually looked like they have played together for a few years. This team needs something to get them going.

Elsons return will help, but he alone cant save this team. Maybe we've all gotten fat off of the Spurs winning ways and other teams would be happy to switch places with the Spurs. Tim only has a few more years IMO to make a title run, so why hasn't the FO done something to improve our chances. Right now everyone on this team should be trade bait other that Tim, Manu and TP. It's disgusting that it seems Pop to be getting out coached lately. Small ball is NOT our style and we (Pop) should let other team dictate the style/.

Not only have we regressed, but team have also gotten better because they have youth and not a bunch of 30+'ers. The whole Spurs organization should be ashamed right now.

STEP UP SPURS!!!!

P.S. PLease dont ban me SpursReport oops I mean Spurs Talk

Love4Spurs
01-18-2007, 10:45 PM
If you're about to call them a bunch of lazy ass whores who have one foot in the retirement home you'd actually be in the majority here.

Close :lol

BeerIsGood!
01-18-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm disappointed. There wasn't one "fuck Beno" or "Finley's a bitch" or even a "Pop takes it in the ass" in his rant. All build up - no delivery.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Right now everyone on this team should be trade bait other that Tim, Manu and TP.
The problem is that nobody wants anybody other than Tim, Manu, and TP.

Love4Spurs
01-18-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm disappointed. There wasn't one "fuck Beno" or "Finley's a bitch" or even a "Pop takes it in the ass" in his rant. All build up - no delivery.

I didnt know how far I could go. Next time then watch the fuck out.

I do feel a bit better now though after my "no delivery" rant.

Love4Spurs
01-18-2007, 10:52 PM
The problem is that nobody wants anybody other than Tim, Manu, and TP.

Then give up some cash then.

BeerIsGood!
01-18-2007, 10:52 PM
I didnt know how far I could go. Next time then watch the fuck out.

I do feel a bit better now though after my "no delivery" rant.
:toast

BeerIsGood!
01-18-2007, 10:53 PM
"You can't give up cash if your goal is to sell the team in 2008" - Peter Holt

SoCal Lakeshow
01-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Then give up some cash then.
Teams also love expiring contracts.

Love4Spurs
01-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Realistically, is there anything the Spurs can do to help themselves this year other than just playing better?

bigfundamental21
01-18-2007, 11:53 PM
Realistically, is there anything the Spurs can do to help themselves this year other than just playing better?

Amen. Let's quit the cryin'.:violin