PDA

View Full Version : Strange noises!

The III
01-18-2007, 12:51 PM
It was odd to see and hear so many Laker fans at the AT&T. It was a bit embarassing to hear booing of Spurs at the freethrow line. :smokin What's that all about!

Slomo
01-18-2007, 12:51 PM
A bit???????

Kori Ellis
01-18-2007, 01:05 PM
I said it in another thread, but it was grossly embarrassing that the Lakers fans booing Tim at the line were louder than the Spurs fans booing Kobe at the line.

nkdlunch
01-18-2007, 01:07 PM
goddam bandwagon mexicans!!!!

LEONARD
01-18-2007, 01:11 PM
goddam bandwagon mexicans!!!!

:o

MoSpur
01-18-2007, 01:17 PM
They deserved to be booed the way they've been playing at home.

Medvedenko
01-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Sad, booing a hall of fame player at home no less...I heard that as well during the telecast. What's going on....

MoSpur
01-18-2007, 01:19 PM
What's going on? The Spurs playing like crap, that's what's going on.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-18-2007, 01:20 PM
I think success has spoiled the Spurs fans.

Kori Ellis
01-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Sad, booing a hall of fame player at home no less...I heard that as well during the telecast. What's going on....

It was Laker fans booing Tim. Not Spurs fans.

ponky
01-18-2007, 01:36 PM
there were still tickets available to that game. i nearly went last night and was going to invite some friends (three of them would've rooted for the lakers) but since i'm going to the lakers/dallas game tonight, i decided against going. i'm constantly surprised at how easy it is to get tickets to a spurs game. it wasn't this way last season though, my brother paid $210 for 4 $12 tix to the lakers/spurs game because it was sold out... maybe it had something to do with the weather last night? the announcers said the place was nearly to capacity. there are lakers fans in every city though, i expect a bunch of them tonight

spurschick
01-18-2007, 01:54 PM
There have been Lakers fans in this town for years. It stinks to have enough at a home game for them to be that loud, but I have to say that I like them better than Mavs fans. Over the years, most Lakers fans I've talked to at games generally respect the Spurs and enjoy the rivalry for what it is.

ponky
01-18-2007, 02:02 PM
There have been Lakers fans in this town for years. It stinks to have enough at a home game for them to be that loud, but I have to say that I like them better than Mavs fans. Over the years, most Lakers fans I've talked to at games generally respect the Spurs and enjoy the rivalry for what it is.

LOL, I've actually started worrying about going to the games in San Antonio ever since the couple that I went to during the last playoffs. I could definitely see some fights breaking out if the two meet in May. I have noticed *bands* of painted, crazy Mavs fans at the ATT Center though, they must buy strips of tickets and all sit together.

Kori Ellis
01-18-2007, 02:03 PM

True enough.

I just don't think 1000-2000 Laker fans (or fans from any other team for that matter) should be able to drown out 15000 Spurs fans. And I don't care if the Spurs team is losing or sucking at the moment it's happening or not.

mabber
01-18-2007, 02:05 PM
there were still tickets available to that game. i nearly went last night and was going to invite some friends (three of them would've rooted for the lakers) but since i'm going to the lakers/dallas game tonight, i decided against going. i'm constantly surprised at how easy it is to get tickets to a spurs game. it wasn't this way last season though, my brother paid $210 for 4 $12 tix to the lakers/spurs game because it was sold out... maybe it had something to do with the weather last night? the announcers said the place was nearly to capacity. there are lakers fans in every city though, i expect a bunch of them tonight

Where are you sitting tonight? I'm in the lower corner next to the opponent's bench in row B (actually about 10-12 rows off the floor). Should be a great crowd since it's a late start.

ponky
01-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Where are you sitting tonight? I'm in the lower corner next to the opponent's bench in row B (actually about 10-12 rows off the floor). Should be a great crowd since it's a late start.

i don't sit in the lowers anymore, i hate the crowd down there, they stare at me when i get loud and jump up and down high-fiving my bf...probably because i'm interrupting their cell phone conversation. the only way i would sit down there again is when i finally have the money to sit courtside. anyway i have seats in section 326, second row, center court, with all the rowdy drunk people.

Pugglekicker_21
01-18-2007, 02:15 PM

7th loss of the season and last season they had 7 all year

mabber
01-18-2007, 02:17 PM
i don't sit in the lowers anymore, i hate the crowd down there, they stare at me when i get loud and jump up and down high-fiving my bf...probably because i'm interrupting their cell phone conversation. the only way i would sit down there again is when i finally have the money to sit courtside. anyway i have seats in section 326, second row, center court, with all the rowdy drunk people.

Everyone in my section has a great time and yells even more than I do. I guess it just depends where in lowers and what game. The crowd is great in the uppers but I can't stand the view from up there at the AAC. The uppers in old Reunion were much better. I'll be yelling at Kobe all night :lol

ponky
01-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Everyone in my section has a great time and yells even more than I do. I guess it just depends where in lowers and what game. The crowd is great in the uppers but I can't stand the view from up there at the AAC. The uppers in old Reunion were much better. I'll be yelling at Kobe all night :lol

that's cool, maybe i'll keep that in mind when renewing my season tickets. i have four seats so i could consolidate them into two or three for lowers. i haven't sat down there except sporadically for maybe three years. i actually think the view is great from where i sit, it's not any different than the plats which are cool because you can walk and stretch but i like focusing on the game, not chatting it up with my cousins who always sit in plat.

FirebatMIV
01-18-2007, 02:22 PM

This atitude of entitlement is exactly the reason why I believe, and have for few years, that San Antonio doesn't deserve to be mentioned as one of the elite sports cities in the US. If you got to a Kings home game, or a Pistons game, a Mavericks game, or even a Trialblazers game before they became the Jailblazers, fans would support the team, and do so loudly, no matter what. Spurs fans seems to believe that their cheers are favors that are to be dispensed only when players please them, while the more loyal fanbases cheer because they wish for their team to do well. It's the fundamental difference between our "homefield advantage" and the advantage enjoyed by other teams.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-18-2007, 02:23 PM
This atitude of entitlement is exactly the reason why I believe, and have for few years, that San Antonio doesn't deserve to be mentioned as one of the elite sports cities in the US. If you got to a Kings home game, or a Pistons game, a Mavericks game, or even a Trialblazers game before they became the Jailblazers, fans would support the team, and do so loudly, no matter what. Spurs fans seems to believe that their cheers are favors that are to be dispensed only when players please them, while the more loyal fanbases cheer because they wish for their team to do well. It's the fundamental difference between our "homefield advantage" and the advantage enjoyed by other teams.
I know who do they think they are? Atlanta Braves fans??

ponky
01-18-2007, 02:24 PM

i agree, i hate it when fans of any team start booing and cussing out their own team, so lame

mabber
01-18-2007, 02:26 PM
that's cool, maybe i'll keep that in mind when renewing my season tickets. i have four seats so i could consolidate them into two or three for lowers. i haven't sat down there except sporadically for maybe three years. i actually think the view is great from where i sit, it's not any different than the plats which are cool because you can walk and stretch but i like focusing on the game, not chatting it up with my cousins who always sit in plat.

Yeah, I go with a friend and sit in his corporate suite from time to time and those people are there to socialize. They think I'm crazy at how involved I get in the game. I just choose to ignore them and the free booze & food make it worth it :)

mabber
01-18-2007, 02:30 PM

I hear what you're saying but don't include Mav fans in there.

Mav fans don't really support their team unless they're a good team. For that matter Dallas fans don't really support any of their teams (except the Cowboys) very well unless they're winning. I had season tickets at Reunion arena during the 90's and there was rarely more than 10k people (17-18k capacity) at any of their games cuz they sucked so badly.

ponky
01-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I go with a friend and sit in his corporate suite from time to time and those people are there to socialize. They think I'm crazy at how involved I get in the game. I just choose to ignore them and the free booze & food make it worth it :)

Yup, the free booze is definitely great! I remember during Lebron's first year, I was invited to a Cavs game in Cleveland and it was a suite owned by a law firm. My friend and I went crazy when we saw all the beer and liquor they had in stock, which we proceeded to drink and cheer for the visiting team...needless to say, the lawyers hosting were befuddled! Anyway, have fun at the game tonight, I need to go get ready, I have a three hour drive from Austin and I need to workout before I sit in the car for that long.

koopa
01-18-2007, 02:33 PM
i've always said, the spurs have probably the worse home crowd of any winning team in the league, i guess y'all sa folks are to spoiled or something, cause everytime i watch the game on tv i feel like i'm watching a hawks game........ sean elliot sometimes has to make excuses for why y'all are so damn quite lol and i hate all them kobe dick riding fools in SA, they're everywhere in SA when i visit........

FirebatMIV
01-18-2007, 02:34 PM
I know who do they think they are? Atlanta Braves fans??

That's a pretty apt comparison. Well done.

MoSpur
01-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Just because I think its just to boo the home team, that makes me a bad fan???? I don't get it. I think the Spurs are better than what they're playing at this point. I cheer for them as loud as the next guy and that's about 98% of the time. However, there are times where I think the Spurs deserved to be booed because of the way they underachieve at times. Knicks fans, Yankee fans, Dodgers fans all boo their teams when they are sucking, what makes Spurs fan doing the same different???

FirebatMIV
01-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Just because I think its just to boo the home team, that makes me a bad fan???? I don't get it. I think the Spurs are better than what they're playing at this point. I cheer for them as loud as the next guy and that's about 98% of the time. However, there are times where I think the Spurs deserved to be booed because of the way they underachieve at times. Knicks fans, Yankee fans, Dodgers fans all boo their teams when they are sucking, what makes Spurs fan doing the same different???

The Knicks, Yankees and Dodgers are also horrible fandoms. Just absolutely awful. Talk about senses of entitlement.

It's ok to shout when you're watching at home, I just believe that those who choose not to show up/not to make noise when the team clearly needs a lift from somewhere are not good fans.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-18-2007, 03:28 PM
The Knicks, Yankees and Dodgers are also horrible fandoms. Just absolutely awful. Talk about senses of entitlement.

It's ok to shout when you're watching at home, I just believe that those who choose not to show up/not to make noise when the team clearly needs a lift from somewhere are not good fans.
Dodger fans are the best fans ever. Tied with Laker fans. :fro

FirebatMIV
01-18-2007, 03:37 PM

Yeah, from innings 3 to 7.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah, from innings 3 to 7.
Have you ever been in L.A. traffic? If you have you would know how it is.

spurschick
01-18-2007, 03:54 PM
I just don't think 1000-2000 Laker fans (or fans from any other team for that matter) should be able to drown out 15000 Spurs fans. And I don't care if the Spurs team is losing or sucking at the moment it's happening or not.

I concur. I was surprised how loud they actually were.

mabber
01-18-2007, 03:54 PM

Cub fans are easily the best baseball fans!!! It's not even close.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-18-2007, 03:55 PM
I concur. I was surprised how loud they actually were.

That's it...next game I go to, I'm not coming out with a voice.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Cub fans are easily the best baseball fans!!! It's not even close.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5zEHF_ajIw&erurl

mabber
01-18-2007, 04:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5zEHF_ajIw&erurl

That's some funny shit :lol

GrandeDavid
01-18-2007, 04:36 PM
I said it in another thread, but it was grossly embarrassing that the Lakers fans booing Tim at the line were louder than the Spurs fans booing Kobe at the line.

That is some weak sh!t. Soft ass Spurs fans come back to life! Damn! Act like your team has been to the NBA Finals, to mention having won three championships. You've gotta show some pride and counter all that booing sh!t on our homecourt. I wasn't there, but had I been there, I would've made plenty of noise.

BUMP
01-18-2007, 08:13 PM
boo lack of effort, not lack of talent

bigfundamental21
01-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Yeah, the reason our team sucks at home is because our home crowd sucks. We need to see more Spurs fans showing the love for their team. It's embarrassing. I don't know what it would take to wake up fans at the game.

Louie Vega
01-19-2007, 02:26 AM
LOL, I've actually started worrying about going to the games in San Antonio ever since the couple that I went to during the last playoffs. I could definitely see some fights breaking out if the two meet in May.

I often question the intelect of those mavs fans that go to the games just to talk crap to Spurs fans and of all places on the East Side. I know of alot of "locals" who make their way to the SBC just to look for fights with Mavs, Lakers etc fans. These are the real Spurs fans who can't afford tickets. So we end up with the boring fans. Last year at the night parade SAPD had to save a group of 12 who were all wearing Mavs gear and talking shit. And these were not kids. These were grown folks. Couples. Acting like a bunch of dumbasses. I wish SAPD wasn't around so they would have got heir asses kicked. The last place you want to be in deep shit is on the East Side.

wolf754life
01-19-2007, 12:05 PM
the team sure isn't hungry, but neither are the fans, they lack the fire they used to have, now teams enjoy coming into the center while spoiled fans sit on their hands!

The crowd and the team are not hungry, no fire, no desire, flat as a flat tire! The situation, to be frank, is quite DIRE!

RogerIsEatingASandwich
01-19-2007, 12:09 PM
I never boo, I don't even boo former players on opposing teams. The teams needs to step it up and so do the fans.

joeyjfive
01-19-2007, 12:21 PM
One day I'm gonna sit in the courtside seats at a mavericks game and be the loudest asshole this world has ever known.

shelshor
01-19-2007, 12:56 PM
True enough.

True! And as Spurs fans, even if our team is sucking at the time, we still owe it to them to drown out the a**holes that are booing the Spurs