PDA

View Full Version : Dunleavy To Be Traded Again? By Tonight?

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Opponents are dealing as deadline approaches
By Brian Windhorst
Beacon Journal sportswriter

PORTLAND, ORE. - As their Central Division rivals are making moves to try and get stronger and pass them, the Cavaliers are playing it cool.

The Indiana Pacers executed an eight-player swap Wednesday with the Golden State Warriors that netted them Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy Jr. and Ike Diogu. According to three NBA executives, the Pacers are now in talks to move Dunleavy to the Los Angeles Clippers for dynamic swingman Corey Maggette. Indiana has been after Maggette since last season when they were looking to trade Ron Artest.

On Tuesday, the Detroit Pistons added Chris Webber and now, according to reports, they are in talks to move one of their excess big men for an athletic swingman to help their depth.

Last week, the Milwaukee Bucks picked up Earl Boykins, which may really help when Mo Williams and Michael Redd return from injury.

The Chicago Bulls, who have a plethora of assets, also may well look to make an upgrade before the trading deadline.

The Cavs are having conversations, but aren't in a rush to do anything as they attempt to hold onto their lead in the division.

``I do feel like we have to get better, but I'm always going to feel that way,'' Cavs General Manager Danny Ferry said Wednesday. ``We'll continue to look at things and if we feel it is a move that will make us better, especially in the long run, then we'll look at it.''

The Cavs are likely to attempt to make some sort of move before the Feb. 22 trade deadline, although it is hard to forecast how major it could be. They are on the lookout for a point guard, but don't want to damage the stability being built in their core.

The team may have some interest in guard Sarunas Jasikevicius, who was traded from the Pacers to the Warriors. Jasikevicius decided to sign with the Pacers over the Cavs two summers ago. Ferry recruited him hard at the time and likes his game.

The Warriors are also looking to dump future salary and the Cavs do have expiring contracts. However, it isn't clear whether Jasikevicius would be a good fit at this point.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/basketball/nba/cleveland_cavaliers/16487512.htm

ponky
01-18-2007, 01:49 PM
that would be cool, daddy coaching his son. i love dunleavy senior, ever since he coached the blazers back in the day, hope it happens for him

trueD
01-19-2007, 01:45 AM
On Tuesday, the Detroit Pistons added Chris Webber and now, according to reports, they are in talks to move one of their excess big men for an athletic swingman to help their depth.

We have Garcia, pull the trigger Petrie.

...oops, almost forgot this.... ;)

Sacramental
01-19-2007, 02:15 AM
i'd take dunleavy..