PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Jones To Be Cut?

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Sixers Notes | Grizzlies' Jones may be on way out76ers Notes

MEMPHIS - Eddie Jones would like to follow the same blueprint as Chris Webber: Escape from a team that has a shot at the No. 1 overall draft pick to an organization that can contend for an NBA title.

Jones, the former Temple star now playing for the Memphis Grizzlies, admitted last night that there was a chance he could be waived. The Grizzlies have the NBA's worst record at 10-30.

"There's a lot of truth to it," Jones said, referring to rumors that he was heading out of Memphis. "I want to play for a team to try to win a championship... .

"I can't tell you much more than there's a possibility I could get waived. We'll figure out what I do after that."

But he added, "I would definitely welcome" a change.

Jones, 35, now in his 13th NBA season that also saw him play with the Los Angeles Lakers, Charlotte Hornets and Miami Heat, is in the last year of a contract that pays him $15.68 million, and suffering through his worst year ever.

Entering last night he had averaged just 4.0 points in 24 games while shooting 29.5 percent from the field. He scored 11 points against the Sixers.

"You tend to take the losses home sometimes," Jones said. "You sit there and you struggle with what's going on. All in all, I'm totally not happy where we are, but I'm sure no one in the locker room or anybody else is happy with where we are."

Jones, a three-time all-star and twice a member of the NBA all-defense second team, is convinced he still has plenty left to offer a contending team.

"I can still defend my butt off," he said. "I can still make the open shots. That's something a lot of teams would love to have, especially a team that has a chance of doing something great."

A Lowry backer

Jones is a big fan of rookie guard Kyle Lowry, who played at Villanova for two seasons before becoming the 24th overall pick by the Grizzlies in June.

"Kyle Lowry is going to be a heck of a point guard for a lot of years to come," Jones said. "He has this thing about him - I don't know what it is. He's just one of those players that you tend to watch to see how good they are."

Lowry played in 10 games before suffering a fractured left wrist, and is out until at least March.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/basketball/16484678.htm

P-O-Z
01-18-2007, 03:22 PM
the cavs will probally sign him

MrChug
01-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Please...for the love...dont...say...it...anyone....I beg you...