PDA

View Full Version : Everybody needs to calm down!!!!!

myhc
11-09-2004, 06:41 PM
And for my first post on this board, I'd like to say damn, after every spurs loss, do you guys always act like the whole world is going to end? It was one bad night. Get over it. Every team in the history of the NBA has had a bad night. All this complaining and griping and micro analysis about "are we too soft?" and "bruce bowen got punked by ray allen......he's obviously done" is absolutely amazing. The truth is you've all been too spoiled by the team's success. Its fine to have high standards for this team because this is a championship caliber team. But the team is not going to meet those expectations for 82 games. It seems like we were all expecting this team to go undefeated and blow every team out by 15 and hold every opponent to under 80. Everybody just needs to relax. This is a marathon folks. The spurs will be there at the end. And isn't that what its all about? Not how you start but how you finish?

ChumpDumper
11-09-2004, 06:48 PM
after every spurs loss, do you guys always act like the whole world is going to end?Unfortunately yes.

thispego
11-09-2004, 06:58 PM
This is a marathon folks. The spurs will be there at the end. And isn't that what its all about? Not how you start but how you finish?

Exactly, there is no problem... Unlike other sports there is 82 games a season in basketball, there is more than enough margin for error. The loss to the Sonics is merely a speed bump on the Spurs' championship-run highway. A speed bump that will be learned from and improved upon. Spurs own the west, make no mistake about it, things will work out.

TechSpurs
11-09-2004, 07:06 PM
exactly, my 2cents :)
Facts ??? Get over it!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Made 4 of 16 shots !!!!! 25% shooting. He got hacked a lot more times.

The spurs seemed to have rushed most of their shots.

Maybe pop shud have put Massacarinator(Tony Mass) when spurs pulled to 66-60.

Horry needs to start watching Barry shoot. He lost his shot somewhere in LALA land and never quite got it back. (Hint ....Bowen and Brown also)

samikeyp
11-09-2004, 07:12 PM
, do you guys always act like the whole world is going to end?

one thing you will notice is not everyone acts like that. some of us know that its one game in November.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2004, 07:14 PM
WHAT?!?!?

The Spurs lost?

*Whimper*

SpursWoman
11-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Well......what do I do with all of this Kool-Aid now?

FilSpursFan
11-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Darn! They could not get the record 82-0 anymore :-(

Brodels
11-09-2004, 08:07 PM
And for my first post on this board, I'd like to say damn, after every spurs loss, do you guys always act like the whole world is going to end? It was one bad night. Get over it. Every team in the history of the NBA has had a bad night. All this complaining and griping and micro analysis about "are we too soft?" and "bruce bowen got punked by ray allen......he's obviously done" is absolutely amazing. The truth is you've all been too spoiled by the team's success. Its fine to have high standards for this team because this is a championship caliber team. But the team is not going to meet those expectations for 82 games. It seems like we were all expecting this team to go undefeated and blow every team out by 15 and hold every opponent to under 80. Everybody just needs to relax. This is a marathon folks. The spurs will be there at the end. And isn't that what its all about? Not how you start but how you finish?

People are talking about weaknesses of the team. For me, it's about things I've seen over the past several months. For others, it's about the last game. Either way, nobody expects the Spurs to play great every game and nobody expects them to go 82-0. Nobody is jumping off the cliff. The Spurs did play soft. Why is it a crime to bring that up?

Most everyone expects the Spurs to succeed at the end. But it's perfectly acceptable to talk about the team's strengths and weaknesses. I'm sure you'll agree that the team has some weaknesses.

Besides, if nobody talked about the weaknesses and bad things, it sure wouldn't be very fun around here. What would we talk about? If nobody could be critical, this would be a pretty boring place.

jcrod
11-09-2004, 08:20 PM
:lol
Hey Brodel,
You're cool and have some good takes, but damn, don't you ever respond or post with something under 3 paragraphs. Just messing with you.

SequSpur
11-09-2004, 08:48 PM
I have a problem with losing.

Nikos
11-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Sup Sequ? How are you?

Just Win Baby!:eyebrows

Kori Ellis
11-09-2004, 09:15 PM
I don't know what's wrong with discussing the problems with the team's problems and weaknesses after losses. I don't think anyone here has said the Spurs are going to have a losing season or that they aren't going to do well. But the Spurs aren't perfect and are probably not as good right now as the media hyped them up to be. So what's what issues with discussing what's wrong with them?

Even after the Laker loss when most fans here were flying high, I questioned the Spurs (lack of) defense. So it's not a matter of just because they lose, people talk.

ShoogarBear
11-09-2004, 09:32 PM
It would be more idiotic if nobody said anything after a bad loss to a bad team.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2004, 09:36 PM
I don't know what's wrong with discussing the problems with the team's problems and weaknesses after losses. I don't think anyone here has said the Spurs are going to have a losing season or that they aren't going to do well. But the Spurs aren't perfect and are probably not as good right now as the media hyped them up to be. So what's what issues with discussing what's wrong with them?

Even after the Laker loss when most fans here were flying high, I questioned the Spurs (lack of) defense. So it's not a matter of just because they lose, people talk.

I can attest to the last statement. All I could talk about at the GTG was the Spurs offense averaging 25+ a quarter.

Kori pointed out to me that they still weren't playing great D.

timvp
11-09-2004, 09:41 PM
It would be more idiotic if nobody said anything after a bad loss to a bad team.

Ghost Writer wouldn't post anymore if the Spurs never lost.

Nikos
11-09-2004, 09:47 PM
True.

ShoogarBear
11-09-2004, 10:10 PM
True.

Nikos may seem like a voice of reason here in the forums, but you should see him as the voice of doom in chat.

Nikos
11-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Wasn't all that upset after this loss, even during the chat.

Oh well, maybe next game I will bitch.

Solid D
11-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Three days between games will do it every time.

Welcome to the Forum, Myhc

Brodels
11-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Hey Brodel,
You're cool and have some good takes, but damn, don't you ever respond or post with something under 3 paragraphs. Just messing with you.

Yes. :)

taruky
11-09-2004, 10:57 PM
myhc, last year there were many "Manu sucks" posts, just to put it in perspective for you.

Jimcs50
11-09-2004, 11:01 PM
myhc, last year there were many "Manu sucks" posts, just to put it in perspective for you.

And way too many Hedo sucks threads for you to stand also, huh taruky? :)

Guru of Nothing
11-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Everybody just needs to relax.

Last I checked, "everybody" included YOU.

myhc
11-10-2004, 01:50 AM

I guess I overreacted a little or maybe I'm just not used to you guys. Talking about a team's weaknesses after a loss is perfectly fine. Its the people who are jumping off the cliff with talks of replacing starters (Bowen) and people dreaming of changing our roster. Those are the people who expect perfection from this team and like I and many of you know, its not possible game after game. They will lose to bad teams. You take it and move on. I like this board because there are a lot of spurs topics. Sorry if I made a bad impression. The spurs are like our kids. We want them to do well and we get mad sometimes when they mess up. But we have all the confidence in the world they'll succeed. That and they'll sweep the lakers this year!

timvp
11-10-2004, 01:53 AM
No worries, myhc. Welcome to the forum.

Kori Ellis
11-10-2004, 01:54 AM
You didn't make the wrong impression and welcome to the forum.

Just so you know, the people who are talking about replacing Bowen (like GhostWriter) have been talking about replacing Bowen for 2 years -- it's not about 3 games this season. :lol

E20
11-10-2004, 01:59 AM
Brodels says:

Either way, nobody expects the Spurs to play great every game and nobody expects them to go 82-0.
What about me?

taruky
11-10-2004, 04:30 AM
Jim, bringing up the "Hedo sucks" posts means nothing, because most people here would think "But he really DOES suck". Mentioning "Manu sucks" posts brings home my point that this place is a piranha tank.

Brodels
11-10-2004, 07:05 AM
Brodels says:

What about me?

Sorry. Everyone except you.

Unfortunately, you'll have to come up with a new goal now. 81-1?

polandprzem
11-10-2004, 08:06 AM
I' wondering _ if there is a possibility to erase that loss. That the 82-0 record will be possible?