PDA

View Full Version : probably a dumb question..

LuvBones
01-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Ok, I can tell what direction I'm heading on highways because it tells me.. but on streets, let's say NW military, how can you tell if you're going N,S,E,W? I can never tell and when I get lost and call someone they always ask what direction I'm headed. Is there an easy way to tell that I don't know of.. I suck at directions. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif

NorCal510
01-18-2007, 08:52 PM
u look at the hills if there are any, or just know it. i really dont know my north easts souths wests except that CA is west and TX is south

Fillmoe
01-18-2007, 09:03 PM
step your game up...... and get a car that has it set in the rearview mirror

ZStomp
01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
The sun sets on the west and rises on the east.

If you're on a street that has South or North in the name- you are heading in one of those directions.

If you're on a street that has West or East in the name- you are heading in one of those directions.

Mr Dio
01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Use a sundial to tell time & a compass for directions girl!
Have one put on your dash.

Mr Dio
01-18-2007, 09:06 PM
JK, you'd have to already know the general geography of where you're at to tell someone what direction you're going.

ZStomp
01-18-2007, 09:06 PM
I don't think i've ever had trouble with directions. It just seems natural most of the time. It helps with my work too.

LuvBones
01-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Well I've learned the highways easily and can get around that way.. but streets, especially downtown is how I get lost.

ZStomp
01-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Well I've learned the highways easily and can get around that way.. but streets, especially downtown is how I get lost.

Downtown is easy!!

If you're facing the Alamodome- East and I think from there you can take it.

LuvBones
01-18-2007, 09:14 PM
:lol If I take one wrong turn downtown I'm lost for like 30 minutes. Too many one ways.

katyon6th
01-18-2007, 09:45 PM
LuvBones sweetie, I'm with you. Downtown fucks me all up.

tsb2000
01-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Time for one of those GPS gizmos. :)

bendmz
01-18-2007, 10:36 PM
LuvBones sweetie, I'm with you. Downtown fucks me all up.

Okay Dirtbags, now listen up.... :violin
Commerce street splits the city NORTH AND SOUTH
Main street splits the city EAST AND WEST
as you leave downtown, the splitter street north becomes SAN PEDRO
the splitter street south becomes S. Flores.....

Kori Ellis
01-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Okay Dirtbags, now listen up.... :violin
Commerce street splits the city NORTH AND SOUTH
Main street splits the city EAST AND WEST
as you leave downtown, the splitter street north becomes SAN PEDRO
the splitter street south becomes S. Flores.....

:lol Why are you calling two girls, Dirtbags?

And your explanation still doesn't tell her how to tell when she's on a particular street which way is N/S/E/W.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Buy a compass.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/Compass_in_a_wooden_frame.jpg/800px-Compass_in_a_wooden_frame.jpg

ShoogarBear
01-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Do the normal girl thing . . . stop and ask directions.

1Parker1
01-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Do the normal girl thing . . . stop and ask directions.

:lol :tu

I always do. Hell sometimes I'm too lazy to stop so I'll purposely slow down to catch a red light and beep the horn to get the attention of the car next to me and ask for directions real quick. :oops

Viva Las Espuelas
01-19-2007, 12:31 AM
if you're on a street labeled N,S,E, or W, pay attention to the numbers. if they increase you are going the direction the street is labeled. if they decrease you are going the opposite way the street is labeled. if you're going E, turn left to go north. turn right to go south. switch those around if you're headed E. if you're going N, turn left to go W. turn right to go E, and switch those around if you're headed S. get a pen and paper and figure it out. it's not that hard.

LuvBones
01-19-2007, 11:43 AM
if you're on a street labeled N,S,E, or W, pay attention to the numbers. if they increase you are going the direction the street is labeled. if they decrease you are going the opposite way the street is labeled. if you're going E, turn left to go north. turn right to go south. switch those around if you're headed E. if you're going N, turn left to go W. turn right to go E, and switch those around if you're headed S. get a pen and paper and figure it out. it's not that hard.:lol Yeah that sounds easy. Thanks for all the responses.. I think 1Parker1 idea sounds the easiest. :tu

sa_butta
01-19-2007, 12:12 PM
So you want her to drive around taking notes and flipping paper all while mashing the gas pedal with the radio blasting. Nice advice fuckballs.Everybody else does it. Food, Coffee, makeup, cell phones. Might as well take some notes along the way.

ShoogarBear
01-19-2007, 12:15 PM
I think 1Parker1 idea sounds the easiest. :tuIt's much more effective if if you show a little leg.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-19-2007, 12:44 PM
It's much more effective if if you show a little leg.a little cleave' wouldn't hurt as well.

ZStomp
01-19-2007, 04:33 PM
What I said.