View Full Version : Name Names - online sites you've had bad experiences with

kris
01-19-2007, 04:32 AM

TheSanityAnnex
01-19-2007, 04:56 AM
www.kingsfans.com

Gerryatrics
01-19-2007, 05:10 AM
I'm having a similar ordeal with tigerdirect.com right now. I ordered two sticks of RAM, shipped one to my home address, the other to an other address. They finally got around to shipping one, but the other never shipped. Had to call a couple of times and spend a couple of hours on hold to find out they didn't ship the second stick of RAM because they thought it was a duplicate order. One has to wonder how an order made 10 minutes later with a completely different address would be a duplicate. So now I have to call them again and try to get a hold of their credit department so they'll lift the hold on the stick of RAM.

If this was a isolated incident, I'd probably shrug it off, but tigerdirect has managed to screw up every order I've made with them in some form or other.

kris
01-19-2007, 05:14 AM
I'm having a similar ordeal with tigerdirect.com right now. I ordered two sticks of RAM, shipped one to my home address, the other to an other address. They finally got around to shipping one, but the other never shipped. Had to call a couple of times and spend a couple of hours on hold to find out they didn't ship the second stick of RAM because they thought it was a duplicate order. One has to wonder how an order made 10 minutes later with a completely different address would be a duplicate. So now I have to call them again and try to get a hold of their credit department so they'll lift the hold on the stick of RAM.

If this was a isolated incident, I'd probably shrug it off, but tigerdirect has managed to screw up every order I've made with them in some form or other.

www.badbusinessbureau.com

That site is pretty cool if you ever feel the need to put something in writing or advise others on doing business with them.

Looks like your boys at tigerdirect made the cut.

BIG IRISH
01-19-2007, 05:36 AM
Spurs Report.com

Trainwreck2100
01-19-2007, 11:23 AM
All this headache is well worth the complete animated series of Ducktales Kris.

Marklar MM
01-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Ducktales, WOOoo

Darkwing Duck was way cooler.

Trainwreck2100
01-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Ducktales, WOOoo

Darkwing Duck was way cooler.

Darkwing Duck couldn't get off the ground without Launchpad McQuack, and he was scrooge's pilot.

Marklar MM
01-19-2007, 11:33 AM
http://www.kevinfreitas.net/personal/cassioposa.net/photos/inline/darkwing-duck.jpg
http://users.cwnet.com/xephyr/rich/dzone/hoozoo/images/launchpad2.gif

Trainwreck2100
01-19-2007, 11:36 AM
http://www.lambdapsiphi.com/daft/daftsupp/art/gizmoduc.jpg

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/6/63/Brightidea.jpg

Blathering Blatherskites

dougp
01-19-2007, 11:59 AM

That isn't an isolated incident with TD. I suggest reading on hardforums.com and forums.anandtech.com ... a lot of people there have huge issues with TD.

DFW Spurs
01-19-2007, 01:20 PM
paypal.com enough said...

baseline bum
01-19-2007, 03:21 PM

Stories like that are why newegg.com is the only online computer retailer I use. I've ordered tons of hardware from them, and all but one time it has come quickly, in perfect condition, and at a great price. Of course, the time my order was screwed up is the most important case. I ordered a 24" monitor from them, and it came in perfect packaging (ie, nothing to indicate it was damaged in shipping or in handling in their warehouse). It was also a product with a no refund, only replacement, but it took me one short email to get my refund when the monitor was screwing up a couple of days after arrival. Pretty painless return.