PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fans, who are your All-Stars?

ponky
01-19-2007, 05:41 AM
Just curious. Duncan is obviously a shoe-in but who else do you think deserves to go to the All-Star game and why? I normally take Kenny/Barkley as humorous halftime entertainment fluff which is why I laughed when he said that it was going to be hard for JHO to make the All-Star team because Tony Parker would be in line in front of him. There are several reasons why it might be hard for JHO to make the team but this hadn't come to my mind. Anyway, do most Spurs fans think Parker deserves to go to the All-Star game THIS year?

Dre_7
01-19-2007, 06:35 AM
Parker is the only Spurs that has brought it EVERY night. He absolutely deserves to be an All-Star.

BIG IRISH
01-19-2007, 06:37 AM
Parker is the only Spurs that has brought it EVERY night. He absolutely deserves to be an All-Star.
^^^^ditto

Texas_Ranger
01-19-2007, 08:11 AM
Beno.......................NOT!

exstatic
01-19-2007, 08:22 AM
I'd actually give a slight edge to Manu. He's really raised his game back to former levels this year, and it may be his last shot. Once Nash retires or degrades, Parker is going to be a fixture every year for about a decade.

Besides, Manu kows how to throw an allez-oop and Tony doesn't, a requirement to be in an ASG. ;)

rayray2k8
01-19-2007, 08:35 AM
None of them... Not with they way they've been playing.

Taco
01-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Matt Bonner

Duncanoypi
01-19-2007, 10:20 AM
i have J-Ho in my list......Jatt Honner.....

CubanMustGo
01-19-2007, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't put any of the Spurs on the all-star team this year. None of them have been consistent enough to deserve the honor.

And maybe all of them being left at home would give them the chip on the shoulder they so desperately need.

Spurminator
01-19-2007, 10:36 AM
I'd give the nod to Howard over Manu and Tony. If I had to pick one Spur, it would be Tony, but I don't think you can leave off Duncan and I'm not sure I'd put two Spurs on the team.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-19-2007, 10:40 AM
I'd rather no Spurs go, and they stay home and get their heads in the right place. It's just a popularity contest.

GrandeDavid
01-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Tony
Manu
Tim
Nash
Kobe

I am a pure homer when it comes to homerish all star voting.

cheguevara
01-19-2007, 11:44 AM
fuck that. our players don't deserve shit. Play them in the rookie game.

Finley should participate in the allstars, as a fucking ballboy.

Beno can be sent tickets on allstar sunday..... to the movies.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Taking out players who won't be able to play because of injury (Yao, Redd, etc.), these are my All-Stars.

Western Conference
Starters – Kobe Bryant (G), Steve Nash (G), Dirk Nowitzki (F), Tim Duncan (F), Amare Stoudemire (C).
Bench – Carmelo Anthony (F), Carlos Boozer (F), Memhet Okur (C), Allen Iverson (G), Tony Parker (G), Kevin Garnett (U), Kevin Martin (U).
Just Missed – Josh Howard (G), Deron Williams (G), Zach Randolph (F), Marcus Camby (C).

Eastern Conference
Starters – Gilbert Arenas (G), Dwyane Wade (G), LeBron James (F), Jermaine O’Neal (F), Dwight Howard (C)
Bench – Jason Kidd (G), Joe Johnson (G), Eddy Curry (C), Caron Butler (F), Antawn Jamison (F), Emeka Okafor (U), Vince Carter (U).
Just Missed – Ben Gordon (G), Chris Bosh (F), Andre Igoudala (G), Luol Deng (F).

Duncanoypi
01-19-2007, 03:49 PM
^are you a spurs fan?...he wants an answer from spurs fans only?

Duncanoypi
01-19-2007, 03:53 PM
can you read the title of this thread?....

ShoogarBear
01-19-2007, 03:57 PM
I'd give the nod to Howard over Manu and Tony. If I had to pick one Spur, it would be Tony, but I don't think you can leave off Duncan and I'm not sure I'd put two Spurs on the team.:tu

ponky
01-19-2007, 05:18 PM
so this leads me to ask, is parker playing better than manu this season? i know parker is the future and will be a solid player for the next decade but right now, is he playing better? imo, i'd say manu is playing better ball this season and has shown a lot more heart and hustle than parker or any of the other spurs for that matter but i want spurs fans' opinions because as an outsider, my views may be skewed...btw, i'm just going by what i've seen on the court, i haven't checked their stats in awhile

cheguevara
01-19-2007, 05:27 PM
yes Parker is playing better than Manu.... until the 4th quarter comes around where the closer the game, the better Manu plays.

In other words, when it counts, better put it in Manu's hands.

ponky
01-19-2007, 05:30 PM
yes Parker is playing better than Manu.... until the 4th quarter comes around where the closer the game, the better Manu plays.

In other words, when it counts, better put it in Manu's hands.

yes, this is what i think too. i think the go to guy at the end of the game absolutely has to be manu, which is also the reason i think the spurs haven't been able to win some of their games...not all, but some of them. too much fouling of duncan in the fourth becomes a liability, why not put it in the hands of a guy who can knows how to *work it* to get his foul if he doesn't make the shot go in, or even if he does for the and one? he'll usually get both his free throws too.

bdictjames
01-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Parker deserves it because he's so consistent. Question though: Would his job be in the ASG to shoot or to dish? Seems hard

ArgSpursFan
01-19-2007, 05:43 PM
The admiral, of course

1Parker1
01-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Josh Howard deserves a spot on the All Star team over any Spur; including Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili. And I think he will end up making it over Parker and Manu.

midgetonadonkey
01-19-2007, 06:29 PM
JHo