PDA

View Full Version : CNN versus Fox News

tlongII
01-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Personally I like Fox News better. CNN has too much of a liberal bias for me. What do you think?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Yonivore-will-respond-by-plagiarizing-a-blog Forum

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-19-2007, 01:39 PM
They're both part of the evil Main$tream Media. All they ever do is tell lies so that all the fat cats in corporation$ can keep doing what they are doing: screwing over Amerika. You should do what I do and find some really good blogs. I know that they tell the Truth because I agree with everything they say.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2007, 01:49 PM
MSNBC beats them both.

johngateswhiteley
01-19-2007, 02:09 PM
MSNBC beats them both.

:lol...msnbc is absolutely horrible. i use to like fox, but i don't really like any of them anymore. whats the point in even watching any of those stations? it's pointless.

Medvedenko
01-19-2007, 03:07 PM
CBC from Canada....we get all news stations here, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, BBC, etc...still Fox News is by far no where near fair and balanced. It's quite scary the shit they get away with.

ashbeeigh
01-19-2007, 03:15 PM
CNN headline News is a good choice. They tell you what's going on and that's it. No opinions, just "So there was a big wreck that caused a bunch of people to die....and in other news britney Spears was caugh...again not wearing underwear." Although it is very dated at some times.

Spurminator
01-19-2007, 03:15 PM
I don't like any channel that has less than 24 hours of legitimate programming but still stays on the air for 24 hours.

The problem with 24 hour news stations is that there isn't 24 hours of news in a given day. It's a similar problem with sports talk radio, etc. That's why so much time is spent analyzing and talking about absolute bullshit. It's also why more braindead pundits have jobs now than ever.

T Park
01-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Fox News.

Cnn Headline Prime for Glenn Beck only.

Dre_7
01-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Its funny. My friends that are conservative say that the media has a liberal bias. My liberal friends say that the media has a conservative bias. Yet when I watch the news (FOX, CNN, MSNBC, etc (which is not too much)), I dont really see much of a slant in either direction. I think people just take their political view point too seriously.

David Bowie
01-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Personally I like Fox News better. CNN has too much of a liberal bias for me. What do you think?

:tu

Fillmoe
01-19-2007, 08:31 PM
they both suck.... FUCK THE MEDIA

Guru of Nothing
01-19-2007, 09:24 PM

Translation, Fox blondes are hotter than CNN blondes and MSNBC blondes.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-19-2007, 11:32 PM
If I had liquified all of my assets, then placed a bet, i would have NEVER EVER bet that Tpark and Tlong liked fox news. I would have bet the complete opposite. And I would have lost all my money.

mookie2001
01-19-2007, 11:39 PM
If I had liquified all of my assets, then placed a bet, i would have NEVER EVER bet that Tpark and Tlong liked fox news. I would have bet the complete opposite. And I would have lost all my money. That is a scoff:danceclub

scott
01-20-2007, 12:35 AM
Comedy Central

LittleGeneral
01-20-2007, 05:56 AM
Both are too conservative.

2centsworth
01-20-2007, 10:04 AM
My News and Info Sources:

Yahoo
Drudge
Spurstalk
ESPN
ExpressNews

I watch Fox and MSNBC after big events like the State of the Union because they have both conversative and liberal analyst.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Fox News!? :lmao Fox Neo-Con and Big Business Propoganda Channel more like... and the other mainstream "news" channels, CNN and MSNBC aren't much better. Let's face it, they are all really in the business of scaring the shit out of you, or making you feel warm, fuzzy and sentimental, with the end result of selling product for the multinationals.

If you want really good news coverage in this country, listen to NPR - they give you both sides and let you make up your own mind. All Things Considered and the other morning show are both particularly good.

Also, the BBC and ABC are reasonably unbiased and even run shows which criticise themselves when they get it wrong, as should all media.

Bob Lanier
01-20-2007, 04:04 PM
American news is funny.

resistanze
01-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Books.

Brodels
01-20-2007, 10:21 PM
That's the thing. None of them really are about news. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and all the rest are really about cherry-picking stories, sensationalizing them (or at the very least putting extreme focus on the portions that will evoke emotion), and selling a product that isn't much different than what you would see on a prime time drama show. If anyone thinks they are watching news in the traditional sense, they are certainly getting fooled.

Fox News!? :lmao Fox Neo-Con and Big Business Propoganda Channel more like... and the other mainstream "news" channels, CNN and MSNBC aren't much better. Let's face it, they are all really in the business of scaring the shit out of you, or making you feel warm, fuzzy and sentimental, with the end result of selling product for the multinationals.

If you want really good news coverage in this country, listen to NPR - they give you both sides and let you make up your own mind. All Things Considered and the other morning show are both particularly good.

Also, the BBC and ABC are reasonably unbiased and even run shows which criticise themselves when they get it wrong, as should all media.

johngateswhiteley
01-20-2007, 10:31 PM
every news station has its slant...thats just the way it is.

Oscar DeLa
01-20-2007, 10:49 PM
I don't know what it is, but....when journalists stop striving for objectivity.......it's bad for the profession and society