PDA

View Full Version : We need a dirty player before entering playoffs

Phil Hellmuth
01-19-2007, 03:55 PM
sorry pop, lower your standards and pick up a dirty foul beast and will rough up the dallas lil people (terry and harris) when they drive to the hoop.

thank you.

this player would be a great example of what we need for spotted minutes:

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/Danny_Fortson-arton20963-240x240.jpg

sorry guys, Fabricio does dirty work, but he won't do a dirty foul. But when you play Dallas, F morals, we need to beat them and change the mindstate and don't let them get in a groove.

thanks.

Bob Lanier
01-19-2007, 03:58 PM
:tu

He's one of the best rebounders in the league, and a solid post defender as well. He's way too slow to guard anyone on the perimeter, but that doesn't matter if he breaks Dirk's leg.

v2freak
01-19-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't think we need to stoop that low. Win or lose, we'll always be able to go out with class (unlike Cuban and the Mavs)

Kori Ellis
01-19-2007, 04:00 PM
He has a bad knee problem and can barely move most of the time.

Solid D
01-19-2007, 04:02 PM
You mean the Spurs need someone who will box-out, literally? You mean someone who, when Dampier shoves him in the back to get a rebound or Josh Howard trips them, he turns and severs their head?

That will never happen with the Spurs.

Duncanoypi
01-19-2007, 04:04 PM
http://www.wdm.org.uk/images/dadwbright02.jpg

I think we can choose between the 3 while they're still in a shower....

after all...they're all free agent...(see the tag)

Spurminator
Karl Malone?

:stirpot:

Phil Hellmuth
i am telling you.. one of the main reasons Miami beat dallas:

you can say Wade all you want (which is 75% true), but when Miami started enforcing that Middle like warriors (not so much in shot blocking, but in physicaliity) that is when the wheels started to fall off.

Solid D
01-19-2007, 04:10 PM

you can say Wade all you want (which is 75% true), but when Miami started enforcing that Middle like warriors (not so much in shot blocking, but in physicaliity) that is when the wheels started to fall off.

That and Udonis Haslem defended Dirk extremely tough.

MoSpur
01-19-2007, 04:13 PM
I would love the Spurs to have another Jerome Kersey or Kevin Willis.

ArgSpursFan
01-19-2007, 04:15 PM
sorry pop, lower your standards and pick up a dirty foul beast and will rough up the dallas lil people (terry and harris) when they drive to the hoop.

thank you.

this player would be a great example of what we need for spotted minutes:

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/Danny_Fortson-arton20963-240x240.jpg

sorry guys, Fabricio does dirty work, but he won't do a dirty foul. But when you play Dallas, F morals, we need to beat them and change the mindstate and don't let them get in a groove.

thanks.

I thought we had enough dirty/phisicals with Bowen......

Man In Black
01-19-2007, 04:23 PM
It was a combo of Udonis Haslem and James Posey that irked Dirk.
I also think that D Wade's ability of getting to the foul line exceeded even the Tuetonic wunderkind from Wurzburg.

Solid D
01-19-2007, 06:49 PM
It was a combo of Udonis Haslem and James Posey that irked Dirk.
I also think that D Wade's ability of getting to the foul line exceeded even the Tuetonic wunderkind from Wurzburg.

True about Wade. Haslem had Dirk there most of the time toward the end of the series unless he switched off Dirk or unless he was in foul trouble.

aaronstampler
01-19-2007, 07:01 PM
The biggest goon in the NBA? Over my dead body. That's not Spurs basketball. Why don't we just sign T.O. while we're at it?

bdictjames
01-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Oh c'mon. 14 posts and nobody said the name of that guy.

Im not much of a hardcore NBA fan, but tell me if Im right.. Fortson?

Solid D
01-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Yes, Danny Fortson.

SequSpur
01-19-2007, 09:20 PM
danny fortson sucks.

Fillmoe
01-19-2007, 09:46 PM
i hope you guys are joking........ did you guys forget?

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1175/brucebowenkickxh7.gif

ponky
01-19-2007, 10:29 PM
hahahahaha, fortson...when he was a maverick, didn't he throw down a hard flagrant on someone in a spurs uni? i remember juwan on derek anderson but i thought fortson did too

ponky
01-19-2007, 10:32 PM
You mean the Spurs need someone who will box-out, literally? You mean someone who, when Dampier shoves him in the back to get a rebound or Josh Howard trips them, he turns and severs their head?

That will never happen with the Spurs.

lame ass whiners...you already have guys who can yank jersey, kick jaws, kick backs, bite arms, what else do you need? maybe you can get back that guy who likes to shoot guns in the air

ponky
01-19-2007, 10:33 PM

100% correct on the defensive end

LaMarcus Bryant
01-19-2007, 11:01 PM
We need a Rick Mahorn or Kevin Willis type player, but more importantly we need a player to start that doesn't suck.

Cry Havoc
01-20-2007, 12:05 AM
I like the idea that we used against the Suns and Amare. Let Dirk get his, and never double. Guard everyone else like crazy and shut them down. Who cares if Dirk gets 47 as long as we win? Just keep throwing fresh bodies at him, wear him down, and whoEVER he guards on the offensive side of the ball, have them run circles around the court until we wear him down. Set picks ALL game long. Not to shoot over, just make him run through them. If he doesn't go with the pick, give the ball to Parker and let him penetrate.

Is it a perfect strategy? Nope. The Mavs are explosive enough that we don't have one. Will it win 4 of 7? Just maybe. But I do know that EVERY TIME we double team, we fall right into the offensive execution of the Mavs. MAKE Dirk drive to the hoop. MAKE him initiate contact. Wear him down like a bull.

Sacramental
01-20-2007, 12:46 AM
bruce bowen!

sandeepgm
01-20-2007, 01:07 PM

Will agree with that...

Squid
01-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Pop should inject Oberto with rabies right before the playoffs begin.

atxrocker
01-20-2007, 01:21 PM
uh.... is bowen not dirty enough for you guys?

ALVAREZ6
01-20-2007, 05:54 PM
I'd rather pick up Sequ than Danny Fortson.

zero signal
01-20-2007, 05:58 PM
uh.... is bowen not dirty enough for you guys?
I think they want enforcer-dirty, not frustrating-dirty.

Kori Ellis
01-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Pop should inject Oberto with rabies right before the playoffs begin.

:lmao I almost missed that gem.

mavsfan1000
01-20-2007, 08:57 PM
:tu

He's one of the best rebounders in the league, and a solid post defender as well. He's way too slow to guard anyone on the perimeter, but that doesn't matter if he breaks Dirk's leg.
fuck you asshole. :madrun

mabber
01-21-2007, 10:59 AM

Very true, and it was made much easier when they didn't have to respect the outside shot of Devin Harris. They were able to pack the zone. The Mavs of old (in love with the jumpshot) would have had a better chance beating Miami. But Avery had this Mav team determined to take the ball to the hole and they basically got bitched-slapped by Mourning & company.

And, of course, Haslem & Posey did a very good defensive job on Dirk.

Dirk worked on how to be more efficient against those type (quicker & and around 6ft 7 to 6ft 9) of defenders in the off season (and it's really shown during the regular season). It will huge (if the Mavs meet up with the Suns in the playoffs) if Marion is not able to handle Dirk by himself as he has been able to do in the past a lot of the time. Harris has improved his outside shot slightly, but it still needs a lot of work.

JamStone
01-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Barry Bonds?

joeyjfive
01-21-2007, 11:25 AM
I like the idea that we used against the Suns and Amare. Let Dirk get his, and never double. Guard everyone else like crazy and shut them down. Who cares if Dirk gets 47 as long as we win? Just keep throwing fresh bodies at him, wear him down, and whoEVER he guards on the offensive side of the ball, have them run circles around the court until we wear him down. Set picks ALL game long. Not to shoot over, just make him run through them. If he doesn't go with the pick, give the ball to Parker and let him penetrate.

Is it a perfect strategy? Nope. The Mavs are explosive enough that we don't have one. Will it win 4 of 7? Just maybe. But I do know that EVERY TIME we double team, we fall right into the offensive execution of the Mavs. MAKE Dirk drive to the hoop. MAKE him initiate contact. Wear him down like a bull.

I completely agree, the Mavs are an excellent shooting team and everytime we double Dirk we leave one of them wide open. I say we throw Bowen, Oberto, Elson and Bonner at him all nite, make him work on the defensive end like you said and he'll start to wear down. If only Pop would atleast give it a try.

bulletedge
01-21-2007, 11:46 AM
You guys already have Bowen and Horry. If Bowen didn't play snatch, grab and slap defense he wouldn't even be in the league. Horry isn't as bad but maybe his technique is simply more refined.

mabber
01-21-2007, 11:59 AM
You guys already have Bowen and Horry. If Bowen didn't play snatch, grab and slap defense he wouldn't even be in the league. Horry isn't as bad but maybe his technique is simply more refined.

I don't think Horry is much of a factor anymore offensively or defensively. I'm really surprised that he plays as much as he does now. The guy has had a great career but it's time for him to hang 'em up IMO.

GrandeDavid
01-21-2007, 01:01 PM
The biggest goon in the NBA? Over my dead body. That's not Spurs basketball. Why don't we just sign T.O. while we're at it?

Cuz TO would fumble passes out of bounds all game long.

Texas_Ranger
01-21-2007, 01:43 PM
We need a lot of thing before the playoffs.

Make some trades
Fire Pop
Start playing on Timmy
Parker should learn how to make a pass
Start shooting better
Playing tough defense