PDA

View Full Version : would you like Francis with the spurs?

ArgSpursFan
01-19-2007, 03:57 PM
I was wandering whats with Steve Francis and the Knicks.

do You know whats going on, and whatīs francis situation right now?

I love the guy,he could be a great back up PG and SG,+ is a tremendus clutch player
I know he is injuried right now ,but I donīt really know how bad it is

v2freak
01-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Not really. Doesn't he have a really large contract? Plus he's notorious for being a ball hog

ArgSpursFan
01-19-2007, 03:59 PM
I have no idea.But he can be good for a playoff run

SoCal Lakeshow
01-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Francis is going to the Lakers. :hat

Bob Lanier
01-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Watch all the people who had a hard-on for Maggette start nitpicking a player who's several times better than Maggette.

Francis will be paid $15 million this year and more than $33 over the next two, but if he's bought out he would be an incredibly valuable addition even with the injuries.

Spurminator
01-19-2007, 04:01 PM
:lmao

I thought you didn't like selfish scoring point guards?

Bob Lanier
01-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Francis isn't as selfish a player as Tony Parker (yeah, yeah, get the pitchforks, but it's true), and he's a much more difficult cover if he's anywhere near as mobile as he used to be.

ArgSpursFan
01-19-2007, 04:04 PM
:lmao

I thought you didn't like selfish scoring point guards?

you right,but I still think we need a clutch PG.+ he can be in the floor with tony and Manu when needed

ChumpDumper
01-19-2007, 04:05 PM
If he's bought out and can deal with his tendinitis, he's > Beno -- but that's faint praise.

itzsoweezee
there's nothing wrong w/ a shooting point guard as long as (1) they're not selfish and (2) they shoot a high percentage. Francis fails on both points, although he's been playing less selfishly the last couple of seasons. he's still a terrible shooter.

Kori Ellis
Francis is going to the Lakers. :hat

I would guess he goes to the Clippers to re-unite with his boyfriend, Cuttino. But I guess being with the Lakers would probably be good enough :downspin:

Funny that someone started this thread, LJ and I were talking about this possiblity last night.

I don't know how hurt he is, but I'd imagine someone will offer him more than the Spurs would if he's bought out.

Spurminator
01-19-2007, 04:06 PM
What are you basing his clutchness on?

I've never considered Francis to be clutch at all. His clutchness consists of dribbling out the shot clock and heaving a prayer towards the basket.

Spurminator
01-19-2007, 04:06 PM
And just to be clear, I'd be fine with him as our backup. Even excited. But let's not overrate him. He's had enough of that over his career.

ArgSpursFan
01-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Francis isn't as selfish a player as Tony Parker (yeah, yeah, get the pitchforks, but it's true), and he's a much more difficult cover if he's anywhere near as mobile as he used to be.

thatīs so true.Personally I like the guy,and he can play defence too

itzsoweezee
01-19-2007, 04:09 PM

please. parker defers to duncan all the time. did francis every defer to yao? nope. even when it was to the detriment of his team.

Bob Lanier
Oh, shit. I had no intention of starting a Parker-Ginobili riot.

He (Francis) was perfectly willing to defer when he was coached by Larry Brown, so I don't think Pop would have much trouble with him. He may be a jackass, but when he's put in a situation where he is not and will never be "the man", he has shown a remarkable ability to adapt.

Nikos
Stevie was a pretty good player. Not sure what happened to him on the Knicks and the year Van Gundy came -- but he was a nice player his first few years in the league. Sure he took some bad shots and wasn't a pure PG -- but he could make a hell of a sixth man or even a good starting guard on a balanced offensive and defensive team. He sure knows how to create offense and rebound the ball. If he had the right mind set he could be an asset to many teams who needed a good scoring guard.

ArgSpursFan
01-19-2007, 04:10 PM
I would guess he goes to the Clippers to re-unite with his boyfriend, Cuttino. But I guess being with the Lakers would probably be good enough :downspin:

Funny that someone started this thread, LJ and I were talking about this possiblity last night.

I don't know how hurt he is, but I'd imagine someone will offer him more than the Spurs would if he's bought out.

hey, I hope the Spurs can do something, I really think he can be a key player on a playoff run

MoSpur
01-19-2007, 04:11 PM
I think he would be great as a backup. The question is, would he think he' be great as a backup. I doubt it. He sees himself as a starter.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-19-2007, 04:13 PM

He would get alot of minutes with the Lakers. And of course him and Cuttino can share lockers.

ArgSpursFan
01-19-2007, 04:13 PM
please. parker defers to duncan all the time. did francis every defer to yao? nope. even when it was to the detriment of his team.

Come on that was 5 yrs ago, the chinise was still a Roockie

Spurminator
01-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Hopefully he sees himself as a player in need of an image reform. Being a good boy on a Championship calibur team could do just that.

AFBlue
01-19-2007, 04:24 PM

Hate to be "that guy" but I started this thread under the name "Francis?" when the rumor just came out and it got like 5 responses...

Guess I'm just not argentinian enough...

ArgSpursFan
01-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Hopefully he sees himself as a player in need of an image reform. Being a good boy on a Championship calibur team could do just that.

Thats just What I think, and the reazon why I started this conversation.If he realizes he can be a key player for a tittle conternder team(like the spurs)He wont care if he has to give up some scoring and minutes,and then have some Glory before retiring

ArgSpursFan
01-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I think he would be great as a backup. The question is, would he think he' be great as a backup. I doubt it. He sees himself as a starter.

he can be a starter too,who knows,remember manu gave the team so much energy on the 2005 playoffs coming from the bench.And donīt get me wrong I love Manu,he is my boy,but I know Manu would do anything to win again

AFBlue
01-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Hate to be "that guy" but I started this thread under the name "Francis?" when the rumor just came out and it got like 5 responses...

The crazy thing is that most of the posts were negative in the original thread! Guess that shows how desperate fans have gotten in one week's time.

ArgSpursFan
01-19-2007, 04:50 PM

Itīs not about who brought it first,Itīs just about how you present it,and how you discuss it

ArgSpursFan
01-19-2007, 05:01 PM
I donīt think heīll go to the lakers

SoCal Lakeshow
01-19-2007, 05:13 PM
I donīt think heīll go to the lakers
He could very easily start with the Lakers. I'm sure he would be interested in that.

AFBlue
01-19-2007, 05:14 PM
He could very easily start with the Lakers. I'm sure he would be interested in that.

Over SMUSH?!?!? No way!

He could also start in Miami....

SoCal Lakeshow
01-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Over SMUSH?!?!? No way!

He could also start in Miami....
Yes over Smush. How good do you guys think Smush is?? He is improving though. But he should not be an NBA starter at this point in his career. He would be a very good backup.

AFBlue
01-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Yes over Smush. How good do you guys think Smush is?? He is improving though. But he should not be an NBA starter at this point in his career. He would be a very good backup.

Kidding about the Smush statement....not about Miami

dg7md
01-19-2007, 05:43 PM
YES. Take a chance on him please, I want to be excited to see my Spurs play and not assume each game is a crushing loss due to lack of motivation.

ArgSpursFan
01-19-2007, 05:47 PM
YES. Take a chance on him please, I want to be excited to see my Spurs play and not assume each game is a crushing loss due to lack of motivation.

Thats right,+if they bring Francis TP is gonna have to step up down the strech,or heīll watch the game from the bench at clutch time

remingtonbo2001
01-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Oh, shit. I had no intention of starting a Parker-Ginobili riot.

He (Francis) was perfectly willing to defer when he was coached by Larry Brown, so I don't think Pop would have much trouble with him. He may be a jackass, but when he's put in a situation where he is not and will never be "the man", he has shown a remarkable ability to adapt.

Could you remind me when Steve Francis played under Larry Brown.? I believe you might be refering to Iverson, but I may be miscorrected.

ALVAREZ6
01-19-2007, 05:54 PM
hell no.

MannyIsGod
01-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Could you remind me when Steve Francis played under Larry Brown.? I believe you might be refering to Iverson, but I may be miscorrected.Last year.

ArgSpursFan
01-20-2007, 08:35 AM
I didn't get past this post here. You have got to be kidding me. This is the same guy that stretched out his injuries because he can't stand playing second fiddle to Starbury.

I donīt blame him

TDMVPDPOY
01-20-2007, 08:46 AM
i wouldnt touch francis contract unless knicks buy him out, then we would have to cut some scrub on the team

ArgSpursFan
01-20-2007, 09:20 AM
i wouldnt touch francis contract unless knicks buy him out, then we would have to cut some scrub on the team

Oh,no doubt,but the knicks will buy him out.
And onther think is that the guy is in Huston right now taking some days off.I really think He would love to stay in texas

bigdog
01-20-2007, 10:41 AM
If he's bought out and can deal with his tendinitis, he's > Beno -- but that's faint praise.
even with the injury hes better than beno

SenorSpur
01-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Stevie Franchise basically killed his own career by being a malcontent. He's done it everywhere he's been. My answer is hell no I wouldn't want him on the Spurs.

Streakyshooter08
01-20-2007, 12:40 PM
As a backup for the vet min? Bring him in... he is better than Beno (which isn't too hard to do) If it does not work... waive him...

LaMarcus Bryant
01-20-2007, 12:50 PM
No.

SsKSpurs21
01-20-2007, 10:36 PM
if we can lock up steve francis then i say offer tony parker to the pacers for JOneal.

Leetonidas
01-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Francis behind Parker would be sweet, but Francis wants to be the #1 guy, or at least a starter.

Marcus Bryant
01-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Yes. He doesn't directly address everything that ails the Spurs (rebounding, big defensive 3) but he can put up points, which wouldn't be a bad thing for this team off the bench.

td4mvp21
01-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Yes. He doesn't directly address everything that ails the Spurs (rebounding, big defensive 3) but he can put up points, which wouldn't be a bad thing for this team off the bench.

He wants to be the man though, that's a problem.

sribb43
01-21-2007, 12:45 AM
Francis hasnt really done much of anything the past few years. He is a very ball dominant player and I dont think he would work well under Pop's system. Francis was crushed when Rudy T left the Rockets and was replaced by Van Gundy. JVG couldnt stand him and was eager to ship him out. Francis' game isnt geared towards a structured system like Avery, Pop and Larry Brown as we have already seen.