PDA

View Full Version : Chris Webber is in Nazr Mohammed is out

carib
01-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Mohammed never got off the bench in Wednesday night's 100-99 loss to Utah.
Recommendation: Now that Chris Webber is on board, it's obvious that the big man heading out the door is the disappointing Mohammed. In the four games since he lost his starting job to Dale Davis, Mohammed has scored only four points in 31 minutes.

He also Asked for a trade.

1Parker1
01-19-2007, 07:21 PM
:lol Bring back Nazr~!

carib
01-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Would that ever happen

1Parker1
01-19-2007, 07:32 PM
^When cats fly.

bigfundamental21
01-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Nazr is done. His weaknesses have been exposed. He is a good backup center or someone to play along side a good PF, but not a dominant center (on off or def) like the Pistons thought. Nazr should have taken the offer the Spurs gave in the off-season. He would have had much more playing time here.

Pistons < Spurs
01-20-2007, 12:01 AM
He also Asked for a trade.

He's since backed off of that. He says he doesn't want to be traded. He'll do whatever it takes. He doesn't want to move his family as he just bought a house when he moved to Detroit.

He'll be gone soon, but I feel bad for the guy.

Pablo Escobar
01-20-2007, 12:01 AM
and we care why?

timvp
01-20-2007, 01:25 AM
So AHF, what happened to the 10 and 10 this year?

Marklar MM
01-20-2007, 02:33 AM
So AHF, what happened to the 10 and 10 this year?

He averaged it for about 3 games. :)

Louie Vega
01-20-2007, 04:19 AM
Fuck Nazr!!!!

mavsfan1000
01-20-2007, 06:40 AM
Nazr>Webber but Flip is too stupid to play a real center instead of a one legged power forward.

The_Game
01-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Nazr>Webber but Flip is too stupid to play a real center instead of a one legged power forward.

Most idiotic comment you could ever make.

ploto
01-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Supposedly Golden State is interested?? Seems hard for me to believe that Don Nelson would want a guy who frustrated Pop so much!

Golden State has apparently expressed interest in Mohammed, though Pistons president Joe Dumars said he has not had a conversation with the Warriors.
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070120/SPORTS0102/701200410/1004

Marklar MM
01-20-2007, 11:46 AM

:). On one leg, Webber is already better than Mohammed.

The_Game
01-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Webber has been pretty good for the pistons

16, 7 and 4 on 8-12 from the field last night. Has Nazr ever put up these numbers?

mavsfan1000
01-20-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm sure Dirk can play center and get big numbers. That doesn't mean I want him playing there for defense and rebounding issues. Webber is just a horrible defender and below par rebounder as well. I thought Mohammad was doing great and can run the floor unlike Webber. One game from Webber isn't enough to say he is better.

The_Game
01-20-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm sure Dirk can play center and get big numbers. That doesn't mean I want him playing there for defense and rebounding issues. Webber is just a horrible defender and below par rebounder as well. I thought Mohammad was doing great and can run the floor unlike Webber. One game from Webber isn't enough to say he is better.

Nazr is garbage. He can't catch a pass, doesn't really do anything defensively, can't rebound and always pump fades everytime he gets the ball.

Webber is a proven player, he is not a bad defender...quit bashing the guy like he is. He is a good rebounder. he averaged 10 a game last year you know and 8 to start this season.

Nazr at best gives you 8 and 5. webber can give you 16, 9 and 4..i know what i would rather have.

mavsfan1000
01-20-2007, 04:51 PM
All that I know is San Antonio is a better defensive and rebounding team with Mohammad than with Oberto. Mohammad was a key to the spurs winning the championship in 04-05. He didn't play as well last year though. If you've seen Webber this year you know he is mainly a jump shooter and shoots a low percentage along with piss poor defense. Philly was one of the worse defensive teams in the league.

mardigan
01-20-2007, 04:57 PM
All I know is you dont kow shit if you think Nazr is better than C Webb, and you really dont know shit if you think that Nazr would have been any kind of upgrade for the Spurs this year. Nazr is worse than Cherokee Parks

mardigan
01-20-2007, 04:57 PM
And Phillys d was all Webbers fault? Not the fact that they have no team?

ponky
01-20-2007, 05:05 PM
All I know is you dont kow shit if you think Nazr is better than C Webb, and you really dont know shit if you think that Nazr would have been any kind of upgrade for the Spurs this year. Nazr is worse than Cherokee Parks

HAHA, Cherokee Parks! :lol

Marklar MM
01-20-2007, 05:06 PM
HAHA, Cherokee Parks! :lol

He had some cool tats.

The_Game
01-20-2007, 05:22 PM
All that I know is San Antonio is a better defensive and rebounding team with Mohammad than with Oberto. Mohammad was a key to the spurs winning the championship in 04-05. He didn't play as well last year though. If you've seen Webber this year you know he is mainly a jump shooter and shoots a low percentage along with piss poor defense. Philly was one of the worse defensive teams in the league.

Philly being poor defensively isn't down to webber. It's the other spots on the floor and poor coaching. Webber is still a very good player in this league. Webber shot around 46% last year which isn't terrible and has started off shooting 52% with the pistons, granted it's only two games but don't expect him to shoot poorly in detroit. The system suits him.

Nazr was key to the spurs winning the title? ugh, no

mavsfan1000
01-20-2007, 05:51 PM
I tell you the spurs wouldn't have the championship in 04-05 without Mohammad. How soon have you forget the impact he made against the Suns and the Pistons. I don't know how you can defend Webbers defense as he gets embarrassed by anyone somewhat athletic. He can't block shots either.

ShackO
01-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Nazr is garbage. He can't catch a pass, doesn't really do anything defensively, can't rebound and always pump fades everytime he gets the ball.

Webber is a proven player, he is not a bad defender...quit bashing the guy like he is. He is a good rebounder. he averaged 10 a game last year you know and 8 to start this season.

Nazr at best gives you 8 and 5. webber can give you 16, 9 and 4..i know what i would rather have.

That is correct....... He is a terrible defender............. :downspin:

IMO the team is good enough to compensate (cover up) for his shortcomings and hopefully he can help make up w/ his passing and scoring..... His record speaks for itself.......... Hopefully Flip will get more then Chris gave Cheeks..

GOOD LUCK!!!!

mardigan
01-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Dont tell me what the Spurs would or would not have done without Nazr, because you have no fucking idea, no one does. And Im not saying that Webbers a great defender, all Im sayin is that the team playing horrible d isnt just Webber, its the team. And Nazr never blocked shots either, at least Webb can catch the ball, pass or maybe finish, 3 things Nazr cant do

ploto
01-20-2007, 10:34 PM
All that I know is San Antonio is a better defensive and rebounding team with Mohammad than with Oberto.
You do know that Nazr's bad defense in San Antonio is what sent him to the bench time after time.

johnpaulwall21
01-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Both Oberto and Nazr are scrubs and should be back up centers and obertos at least getting paid like one.