PDA

View Full Version : did anyone ever find out....

Fillmoe
01-20-2007, 03:10 PM
what pop said to mason before exiting? and why chris paul who was in street clothes was tossed? sorry if theres a thread on this already

Summers
01-20-2007, 03:51 PM
I was hoping for some enlightenment too. Wasn't Ruffn Ready right behind them? :)

angel_luv
01-20-2007, 03:56 PM
I want to know as well. It really bugs me when coaches get themselves ejected- especially because of back to back technicals.

sprrs
01-20-2007, 04:08 PM
I like when Pop gets Technicals or gets ejected. Usually it sends a message to the team, and it usually works.

Bruno
01-20-2007, 04:11 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA012007.01C.BKNspurs.hornets.gamer.1abb0b2.html

he Spurs had to go most of Friday with Carlesimo guiding them. Popovich picked up his first technical foul for yelling at referee Joe DeRosa after the official called a foul on Tim Duncan for bumping Hornets center Tyson Chandler. Popovich took his seat, but continued to bark at referee Tim Donaghy, who was standing near the bench.

Donaghy calmly stared at the opposite end of the court as Popovich voiced his complaint about the "(expletive) call." But when Popovich shouted, "Yeah, I'm talking to you," that seemed to be all Donaghy needed to hear. He turned and ejected the coach.

"I think he wanted a tech because if Timmy gets that foul every time someone bumps up against him, he's going to shoot about 85 free throws in the game," Carlesimo said. "I don't think he minded the first tech, but I don't think he was looking to go.

"He wasn't looking to come in and watch the game. We thought the game was an important game for us."

While Popovich handled the Spurs' complaints, the Hornets had two players ejected in the game's final minute, one of whom wasn't even in uniform. After Desmond Mason was tossed for shouting and slamming the ball to the court, injured point guard Chris Paul was shown the exit for saying, of all things, "That's crazy."

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-20-2007, 04:12 PM
I was hoping for some enlightenment too. Wasn't Ruffn Ready right behind them? :)

Nah, when Pop got tossed it was at the other end of the court (I was courtside diagonally across from the Spurs' bench) and no-one around my section could work out what was said. Same with the CP3 incident, sorry. You can hear a lot down there, but not everything!

Tossing CP3 for that is, well, crazy. Really, refs, please get show some common sense! "That's crazy" is not expletive nor abusive, it is a reasonable expression of opinion. The NBA has gone far too Nazi on incidents like that.

Mason really ought to go and see Chip about his FT shooting. Oh man, is it UGLY!

bigzak25
01-20-2007, 04:14 PM
on the radio this morning there was audio of pop simply saying "same contact, same call" and "learn how to do your damn job" to the ref...

i think they said the audio was from ksat so maybe it will be on the local news...

Kori Ellis
01-20-2007, 04:16 PM
I think Pop was clearing up with Mason that he wasn't mad at him, that he was addressing the ref when he said, "Yeah I'm talking to you" or whatever.

I think Paul was ejected for saying, "Fuck that's crazy".

This is educated speculation. Not fact.