PDA

View Full Version : Hilary

johnsmith
01-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Now that she's said she'll run, I have to wonder, will anyone vote for her? Opinions?

ChumpDumper
01-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Probably not, unless some neoconbot runs against her.

Tippecanoe
01-20-2007, 04:36 PM
hell, i'd vote for a banana over any republican candidate

clambake
01-20-2007, 05:18 PM
She'll get votes. She won't tune out Bill's advise the way junior does senior. So many of the people that hated Bill are now longing for the old days. That was proven in november. Another gift from juniors incompetence.

Clandestino
01-20-2007, 07:00 PM
i'd pick her over osama

clambake
01-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Why?

Clandestino
01-20-2007, 07:11 PM
we can't have a madrassa trained muslim in the white house...

exstatic
01-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Hillary is about the ONLY thing that would energize the GOP base for 2008.

exstatic
01-20-2007, 07:20 PM
don't you mean person? do you mean person?
Well, Hillary is a person, but the base can be energized by an event, a crusade of some sort or a person.

Oscar DeLa
01-20-2007, 10:46 PM
I don't know what it is, but......If Jeb Bush were running for president, Buck Rogers would change his tune!

Hillary
01-21-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm going to shock the world. Mark my words you whining little bitches.

mookie2001
01-21-2007, 01:08 PM
slim to none chance, I pray to god she doesnt get the nomination, anyone who actively supports Hillary for prez is 100% delusional, and shamefully wasting their time ruining america

mookie2001
01-21-2007, 01:09 PM
but she could run against a neocon the likes of which we've never seen before. Im still waiting for a Howard Dean/Ron Paul ticket

smeagol
01-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Howard Dean could not beat Kerry . . .

The only way he wins is if he is running against The Dickmiester himself.

Bob Lanier
01-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Is there some famous Hillary who spells her name with only one 'l'?

Viva Las Espuelas
01-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Now that she's said she'll run, I have to wonder, will anyone vote for her? Opinions?of course people will. her name doesn't end with bush. i'm all for a woman president if she's qualified and can handle it, but i definitely don't want that woman for president.

Nbadan
01-22-2007, 03:38 AM
And Hillary would have avoided Dubya's downfall in Iraq how? She, above other high-ranking Democrats, because of her committee assignments, should have more vigorously questioned the intelligence coming out the Iraq Study Group supporting claims of WMD's, immenent threats, and links to Al-Queda and other terra groups. Instead she became a pimp for the Iraq war, thinking her image as a war-hawk, and as a future presidential opponent, superceeded her committee responsibilities to follow-up on questionable intelligence and its sources.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-22-2007, 10:39 AM
And Hillary would have avoided Dubya's downfall in Iraq how? She, above other high-ranking Democrats, because of her committee assignments, should have more vigorously questioned the intelligence coming out the Iraq Study Group supporting claims of WMD's, immenent threats, and links to Al-Queda and other terra groups. Instead she became a pimp for the Iraq war, thinking her image as a war-hawk, and as a future presidential opponent, superceeded her committee responsibilities to follow-up on questionable intelligence and its sources.she's a mutated form of cindy sheehan. or vice versa.

Trainwreck2100
01-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Howard Dean could not beat Kerry . . .

The only way he wins is if he is running against The Dickmiester himself.

In dean's defense he did have alot of support heading into the primaries, his only fault was that alot of his support came from young people, and they just don't vote.

xrayzebra
01-22-2007, 11:58 AM
It's two years until election time. Before that there will be a shake out of all the
wannabe's. I think it is a little early to start making any kind of predictions on
any candidate. There may be a surprise lurking the background, who knows.

George Gervin's Afro
01-22-2007, 01:09 PM
I unfortunately listen to alot of talk radio and have a serious question for the conservatives on this board. Besides her foray into universal healthcare and support for partial birth abortin what makes so evil? I listen to whannity all of the time nad he brings up examples and statements from people he does not like. He goes back 30 yrs sometimes and finds statements people made nad beats them over the head with them etc.. yet all I hear how far left Hilary is.. based on what?

Yonivore
01-22-2007, 01:13 PM
I unfortunately listen to alot of talk radio and have a serious question for the conservatives on this board. Besides her foray into universal healthcare and support for partial birth abortin what makes so evil? I listen to whannity all of the time nad he brings up examples and statements from people he does not like. He goes back 30 yrs sometimes and finds statements people made nad beats them over the head with them etc.. yet all I hear how far left Hilary is.. based on what?
What? Socializing medical care and state-supported infanticide aren't enough for you?

George Gervin's Afro
01-22-2007, 01:17 PM
What? Socializing medical care and state-supported infanticide aren't enough for you?

Well considering she has supported the "most pressing issue of our time" Iraq war..

If my memory serves me correctly the 2 GOP front runners for 08 are pro-choice..? does that make them to liberal?

Yonivore
01-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Well considering she has supported the "most pressing issue of our time" Iraq war...
Her support for the war is anything but unqualified. See Joe Lieberman for a Democrat that actually supports the war in Iraq.

If my memory serves me correctly the 2 GOP front runners for 08 are pro-choice..? does that make them to liberal?
That may be and, if so, it is unfortunate. However, I'm not a one-issue voter and would imagine that even if the eventual Republican nominee were to be pro-abortion that position would be shared by the Democratic nominee and thus remove it from consideration at the voting booth.

DarkReign
01-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Here comes my big contribution to the thread....wait for it.....wait for iiiiiiiit....

No.

Extra Stout
01-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Right-wingers often believe that Hillary Clinton is at her core extremely left-wing, and that her moderate voting record during her time in the Senate has been a calculated strategy to make her appear more electable in a Presidential election.

Yonivore
01-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Right-wingers often believe that Hillary Clinton is at her core extremely left-wing, and that her moderate voting record during her time in the Senate has been a calculated strategy to make her appear more electable in a Presidential election.
Yeah, and?

mookie2001
01-22-2007, 07:22 PM
I listen to Hannity often, if someone is liberal than theyre an exteme leftist who are out of touch with the American people, if theyre not so liberal, or actually agree with a neocon like hannity on something, then theyre trying to center themselves and are a fraud. Democrats are afraid to legislate and speak out like "true" liberals because they know "America" wouldnt stand for it and it would be politcal suicide, this means Reagan conservatism has won. but we cant stop the fight theres more hard work ahead-

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/markpoyser/uggabugga/2004/hannity-book.jpg

BIG IRISH
01-23-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm going to shock the world. Mark my words you whining little bitches.

No you B I T C H

I'm shocking this board.

No one else running, at this time, that I would vote for.

Mitt is close, however ..........................................

I'm voting for you in the primary,
and the General Election as it now stands :bang :bang :bang

AFE7FATMAN
01-23-2007, 02:32 AM
The man may have a point:

Obama announced the formation of his exploratory panel Tuesday but didn't get a boost in the polls. Clinton now holds a commanding 41-17 percent lead over the Illinois senator among Democrats and Democrat-leaning Independents, according to an ABC News/Washington Post poll taken before her announcement, and after Obama's Jan. 16 campaign kickoff.

Strikingly, Clinton did even better among black Democratic voters, amassing a 26-point lead over Obama. "Hillary's Democratic primary support is climbing, while others are stalled or falling," crowed Penn.

Clinton isn't doing nearly as well in early primary and caucus states, particularly Iowa, where she trails Obama, Edwards and ex-Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack.

Clinton is planning her first trip to that state next weekend, according to a news report.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/ny-ushill0122,0,6959744.story

ObiwanGinobili
01-23-2007, 10:36 AM
ok.
So lets say it comes down to
Hillary v. McCain.

Who ya voting for?

Drive Like Jehu
01-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Clinton isn't doing nearly as well in early primary and caucus states, particularly Iowa, where she trails Obama, Edwards and ex-Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack.

Clinton is planning her first trip to that state next weekend, according to a news report.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/ny-ushill0122,0,6959744.story

Iowa is a huge hurdle for any woman who is running for president. How many women have the citizens of Iowa elected to be Governor, Senator or Congresswomen?

Bob Lanier
01-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Which two? Giuliani and? Willard Romney is opposed to abortion rights. McCain has, typically, come out on both sides of the issue as the political winds shift but is proudly pro-life this month.

clambake
01-23-2007, 12:17 PM
McCain bends like gumby. Mr. flavor of the month. Weak ass shit. Doesn't even fight back when he get's stomped on by his own crew. Please God, not McCain.

Extra Stout
01-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Yeah, and?
That was an explanation of why, despite her fairly moderate voting record, there is still a lot of vitriol against her on the right. She is not trusted.

My post answers this question:

Yonivore
01-23-2007, 02:45 PM
That was an explanation of why, despite her fairly moderate voting record, there is still a lot of vitriol against her on the right. She is not trusted.

My post answers this question:
I'm sorry, my "yeah, and?" was more of an exclamatory confirmation of what you said in response to the Afro. I could have been more clear.

Yonivore
01-23-2007, 03:06 PM
bill richardson...he's the closest one to a tejano that we got so far
Wasn't he drafted by a Major League baseball team in his mind?

01Snake
01-23-2007, 04:47 PM
The transformation has begun! Run for the hills!!!! :lol

http://www.topplebush.com/humor/billary.jpg

01Snake
01-23-2007, 04:57 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/MugenRSX79/kerry.jpg

Chris Childs
01-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Fuck Hillary!

Bob Lanier
01-23-2007, 05:14 PM
http://images.cafepress.com/product/50585907v8_150x150_Front.jpg

01Snake
01-23-2007, 05:24 PM
http://images.cafepress.com/product/50585907v8_150x150_Front.jpg

:lol

Nbadan
01-23-2007, 05:33 PM
See, I told ya Hillary was spine-less...

Cheney daughter: Clinton lacks Iraq 'spine'
Takes aim at both Republican and Democratic opponents of the war

WASHINGTON - U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney's daughter accused Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton of lacking "spine" on Iraq on Tuesday, three days after the New York Democrat launched her bid for the White House.

"Anyone who has watched her remarkable trajectory can have no doubt that she'll do whatever it takes to win the presidency. I wish she felt the same way about the war," Liz Cheney, a former deputy assistant secretary of state for Near Eastern affairs, said in an opinion article in The Washington Post.

Cheney took aim at both Republican and Democratic opponents of the war, warning that retreating from Iraq would hurt the United States in the broader war against terrorism and that any restrictions on the U.S. troop presence would aid terrorists.

But Cheney's attack on Clinton was particularly pointed, especially for such an early stage in the 2008 presidential campaign.

"I suppose Hillary Clinton's announcement was a sign of progress. In 2007, a woman can run for president and show the same level of courage and conviction about this war of her male colleagues have," Cheney wrote. "Steel in the spine? Not so much."

Trainwreck2100
01-23-2007, 05:52 PM
^^that's gonna cause a rift at the next GLAAD conference

BIG IRISH
01-26-2007, 01:17 AM
ok.
So lets say it comes down to
Hillary v. McCain.

Who ya voting for?

Hillary

McCain -Flips & Flops
Keating Five
POW/MIA Trip with Kerry
POW/MIA Trip with Kerry
POW/MIA Trip with Kerry
^^repeat 200 times ^^^

Please don't tell me about Whitewater, Cattle Futures, Ron Brown,
Vince Foster, her :oink of a husband, etc, besides Dickhead Chaney
said she wouldn't make it and I'd like to see him proven WRONG!; Again!

ChumpDumper
01-26-2007, 01:43 AM
I wish she felt the same way about the warI wish her father et.al., had felt that way about the war too in 2003 and not tried to nation-build on the cheap.

BIG IRISH
01-26-2007, 01:59 AM
I wish her father et.al., had fetlt that way about the war too in 2003 and not tried to nation-build on the cheap.
fetlt ? :p: