PDA

View Full Version : I have joined the masses.

tlongII
01-20-2007, 11:26 PM
I just bought an iPod Nano. My first iPod. :lol

Shelly
01-20-2007, 11:28 PM
:lol

Welcome to modern times!

Viva Las Espuelas
01-20-2007, 11:29 PM
welcome. i just got a video iPod a few months ago and it rocks. do yourself and get Anapod and use it instead of iTunes. it's way more versatile and user-friendly. enjoy.

BeerIsGood!
01-20-2007, 11:30 PM
I decided to buck the masses and got a Zune. I like it better

tlongII
01-20-2007, 11:31 PM
I need to figure out how to use limewire. I just spent about $30 on iTunes.

Fillmoe
01-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Congratulations.

I heard theres this new invention out called the radio I was thinking of getting it.

tlongII
01-20-2007, 11:33 PM
I decided to buck the masses and got a Zune. I like it better

The Nano fits a lot of things that Nike has a cooperative agreement with Apple for. That's probably the main reason I bought it. I like it though.

tlongII
01-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Please kill me if I ever buy a video game.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-20-2007, 11:39 PM
I need to figure out how to use limewire. I just spent about $30 on iTunes.Bit torrent, dude. limewire is so 2006. goto utorrent.com and get your bit torrent client. then head to torrentspy.com and search away. goto demonoid.com and get quality stuff. you have to wait until you get a passcode on demonoid.com though, but it's worth the wait.

spurs=bling
01-20-2007, 11:56 PM
About damn time.

baseline bum
01-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Does Anapod Explorer support extraction of music from your iPod to your hard drive, with the correct tags and filenames like gtkpod does in UNIX/Linux/BSD/etc? Also, can you use it to embed album covers in the files the same way iTunes does? I hate not having the album cover show when I play a song on my iPod, as gtkpod doesn't support this.

Is there anything else specifically that Anapod Explorer beats iTunes on?

Viva Las Espuelas
01-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Does Anapod Explorer support extraction of music from your iPod to your hard drive, with the correct tags and filenames like gtkpod does in UNIX/Linux/BSD/etc? Also, can you use it to embed album covers in the files the same way iTunes does? I hate not having the album cover show when I play a song on my iPod, as gtkpod doesn't support this.

Is there anything else specifically that Anapod Explorer beats iTunes on?it does that all in more. the only thing iTunes has against iPod is that you have to pay for it. research away, bum

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

leemajors
01-21-2007, 12:15 AM
it does that all in more. the only thing iTunes has against iPod is that you have to pay for it. research away, bum

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

iTunes is a free download. it's a bit of a system hog but i only use it to put music on my iPod. anapod seems to have a lot of neat features, but i use other programs for the extra features it has anyway. can anapod update your iPod software? i recently got one of the camera connectors for my iPod, it's awesome - i'll never need a bigger memory card again. you just plug the USB cable in and can import them onto the iPod in disk mode.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2007, 12:55 AM
I just bought an iPod Nano. My first iPod. :lol
I'm one of the few remaining Americans left without an iPod or any MP3 player.

Greg Oden
01-21-2007, 02:03 AM
now all you gotta do is get a myspace

BeerIsGood!
01-21-2007, 02:22 AM
Bit torrent, dude. limewire is so 2006. goto utorrent.com and get your bit torrent client. then head to torrentspy.com and search away. goto demonoid.com and get quality stuff. you have to wait until you get a passcode on demonoid.com though, but it's worth the wait.

I tried to use this Utorrent thing, but I can't figure out how to work the damn thing. How do you get music or video files from it?

MannyIsGod
01-21-2007, 02:29 AM
You gotta use both bittorent and limewire because you can usually find stuff you can't find on bittorent on limewire.

Richard Cranium
01-21-2007, 02:33 AM

I'm with you. I don't have myspace either.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm with you. I don't have myspace either.
me neither

Shelly
01-21-2007, 09:55 AM
I bet very few of you have one of these: http://lowendipod.com/art/1g_ipod.jpg

It is the first generation iPod. Came out like 7 years ago. My family and I have three of them. If we only knew then what they would become!

My husband does!

ObiwanGinobili
01-21-2007, 10:05 AM

Me too.
I don't even see where or when i would use one either.
When I am at home I have a radio, computer, and tv... plus 2 kids- i can;t haveear buds in watchingnad playing with 2 kids.
When I am in the car I have the radio.
When I am atthe gym I watch CNN.
When I am not at home or in the car I am usually running errands AND still have the 2 kids that need my constant attention.
:lol There is like 4 hours a week where I could fit in some iPod time.. btu I don;t think it;s safe to use in the shower. :oops

UtownSpur
01-21-2007, 10:47 AM

I just have a creative cheap zen nano mp3 player. Although I think i may finally crack and get an iPod eventually :blah

tlongII
01-21-2007, 11:58 AM
I also got this. Sounds good too.

http://tsa.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p3205019dt.jpg

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-21-2007, 01:35 PM
I just bought a DVD player about a year ago.

I figure I'm at least two years from an Ipod.

Leetonidas
01-21-2007, 02:29 PM
About damn time.
:depressed

ShoogarBear
01-21-2007, 04:39 PM
I just bought an iPod Nano. My first iPod. :lolI got my first one as a Christmas gift this year.

Unfortunately, iPod and Sonos do not play well together.

But it is much easier to do workouts with a Nano instead of trying to strap my Treo to my arm.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-21-2007, 06:01 PM
I tried to use this Utorrent thing, but I can't figure out how to work the damn thing. How do you get music or video files from it?Utorrent is the application you use to download the actual torrent. Kinda like limewire, only a whole lot faster. I've downloaded tv shows that are 600MB in under 15 minutes thru Roadrunner. The place I go to find the actual torrents are at demonoid.com. The only downfall to demonoid is that you may have to wait to signup, but it's worth it. You can try out torrentspy.com in the meantime, but there's quite a bit of trash on there. You see what i'm talking about.

Slomo
01-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Somewhat off topic,

My daughter (7years) got an iPod Nano from grandma for Christmas. I was a little worried because the SPL level generated by modern headphones is loud enough to damage her hearing, it's specially important for growing up kids.

I was looking on the internet for some SPL limited headphones (Sennheiser used to make them for walkmans) and I found out that you can set up the max output level in the Nano menu and even lock it with a password.

Do other mp3s like the zune also have a similar feature?

Shelly
01-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Somewhat off topic,

My daughter (7years) got an iPod Nano from grandma for Christmas. I was a little worried because the SPL level generated by modern headphones is loud enough to damage her hearing, it's specially important for growing up kids.

I was looking on the internet for some SPL limited headphones (Sennheiser used to make them for walkmans) and I found out that you can set up the max output level in the Nano menu and even lock it with a password.

But then how is she supposed to enjoy Norwegian Death Metal?? :music

dave
01-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Somewhat off topic,

i have no idea
i do know that they used to cripple some mp3 players (mostly in europe though), and the only way to make them work at max level would be to get some sort of unlock code

Slomo
01-21-2007, 06:42 PM
But then how is she supposed to enjoy Norwegian Death Metal?? :music
No fucking WAY!!!! I put my foot down!

She can't listen to that garbage until she's at least 7 and a half!

I know it's coming but until it becomes an issue, I'll try to be a good parent :)

Shelly
01-21-2007, 06:44 PM
No fucking WAY!!!! I put my foot down!

She can't listen to that garbage until she's at least 7 and a half!

I know it's coming but until it becomes an issue, I'll try to be a good parent :)

:lol

:tu

leemajors
01-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Me too.
I don't even see where or when i would use one either.
When I am at home I have a radio, computer, and tv... plus 2 kids- i can;t haveear buds in watchingnad playing with 2 kids.
When I am in the car I have the radio.
When I am atthe gym I watch CNN.
When I am not at home or in the car I am usually running errands AND still have the 2 kids that need my constant attention.
:lol There is like 4 hours a week where I could fit in some iPod time.. btu I don;t think it;s safe to use in the shower. :oops

you'd be surprised if you got one, my wife was the same way. i got her a Shuffle and i can't get her to take the earbuds out now.

tlongII
01-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Somewhat off topic,

I noticed that these things are damn loud too! I played in bands throughoout my teenage years and beyond so my hearing's pretty much screwed anyway. It's amazing how good this technology is though. It's hard to believe you can store so much data on such a small device!