PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest

sickdsm
11-09-2004, 10:47 PM
DNP-CD tonight against the wolves. He was fine physcally. He was shooting around right before the game began, after everyone was in the locker rooms. The announcers said that a close source said it was more of Artest's marbles being loose. He has supposedly been seriously pondering retirement and Carslisle is worried he will become a cancer to the rest. No shit!

pooh
11-09-2004, 10:51 PM
They were saying on NBA Tv that Artest plans on retiring in two years to concentrate on his record company and or the ministry. Evidently Carlisle got wind of it and decided to cut it off before it became a distraction tonight, but who knows what will happen if this continues...

Brodels
11-09-2004, 10:52 PM
Yikes!

It will be interesting to see how this ends up.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2004, 10:54 PM
http://www.ewsonline.com/badboy/mase/masealbum.jpg

If he fucks up my fantasy team, so help me.

sickdsm
11-09-2004, 10:57 PM
NBA TV? that was the same broadcast i was watching, because the wolves announcers said "for those of you watching on NBATV we welcome you" They don't play two different broadcasts i didn't think. Because i know they didn't mention in two years. They did mention him working on other interests but thats as far as they took it.

ShoogarBear
11-09-2004, 11:07 PM
NBA-TV just snags one of the regularly scheduled feeds, like League Pass. So there isn't a separate NBA-TV broadcast team.

xcoriate
11-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Man he is insane

Ignite
11-10-2004, 12:13 AM
His agent just came out on his offical reason for retirement.

apparently, Artest wants to spend more time with his Halo 2.

timvp
11-10-2004, 12:21 AM
Artest needs to be in a drug rehab center ... seriously. This sounds a lot like Ricky Williams.

Marcus Bryant
11-10-2004, 12:22 AM
http://www.brodystevens.com/archives/Brody%20and%20Ron%20Artest.jpg

two mo'

pooh
11-10-2004, 03:37 AM
He was benched for two games according to ESPNews, reasons were not disclosed.

I just found this on Indystar.com:

"We had a situation develop yesterday involving Ronnie that I felt compromised the integrity of the team and it was my decision not to play him," Carlisle said. "After (tonight's game) we'll re-evaluate things. It's a private team matter and I'm going to leave it at that."

Artest, who dressed for the game and watched most of it while sitting on the floor in the end zone next to the Pacers bench, also declined to give specifics, but accepted the suspension without complaint.

"I had some personal things and coach thought it would be best if I sit out these two games," he said. "I wanted to play but he wanted me to sit out. I'll do whatever he says to do."

Artest's teammates gave him vocal support after the game. Jermaine O'Neal refused to comment on the suspension, and Stephen Jackson, who was dressing next to Artest in the Target Center locker room, chided reporters for questioning Artest on the matter.

"That will be the last you hear of this," Jackson said.

ducks
11-10-2004, 10:36 AM
this hurts pacers no chance to trade him now

samikeyp
11-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Reasons were not disclosed? How about this? The dude is a nut job.

Solid D
11-10-2004, 11:42 AM
It'll give him time to work on his next cd with Truwarier Records. I still wonder if he is bi-polar and forgets to take his meds sometimes.

T Park
11-10-2004, 12:27 PM
yup, wouldve been worth gambling on this nutjob, right ghostwriter

ducks
11-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Artest asked Carlisle to sit down

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer
November 10, 2004
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest said Wednesday that he asked coach Rick Carlisle for time off because of a busy schedule that included promoting a soon-to-be released rap album, which led to his two-game benching.

Artest held a short news conference before Wednesday night's game against the Los Angeles Clippers, and in his usual ambiguous manner, tried to explain why he was benched.

Artest said that he asked Carlisle for as much as a month off to heal his aching body and recover from a particularly busy schedule.

I'm a:
WomanMan
Seeking a:
ManWoman
City or ZIP:

``My body has been aching, I was going to take some time off and I said it the wrong way,'' Artest said. ``Everything that happened wasn't too negative. I kind of surprised the team by wanting to take some games off, just to get back together, maybe stay home for a little bit, rest a little bit and come back.''

He certainly surprised Carlisle, who said Tuesday that the situation, ``compromised the integrity of the team. It's a private team matter, and I'm going to leave it at that.''

``I don't know what that means,'' Artest said. ``They probably expected a little more; expected me to play every game. Everybody's different. It's early in the season, so I feel like I could take some time off early and be ready for the long stretch.''

So Carlisle benched Artest for Tuesday night's win over Minnesota and Wednesday night's game against the Clippers. It is not a suspension, and Artest will not lose any salary. He will return Friday at Philadelphia.

The 24-year-old is scheduled to release his debut rap album later this month and has been spending a lot of time making promotional appearances.

``I've been doing a little bit too much music, just needed the rest,'' Artest said. ``I've still got my album coming out Nov. 23. After the album comes out I'm going to make sure all of my time is focused on winning a championship.''

It's the latest in a long line of controversial situations for Artest, ranging from destroying television monitors at Madison Square Garden two years ago to missing the team flight to Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals at Detroit last season.

Carlisle tried to downplay the issue before the game Wednesday night.

``This isn't the Cuban missile crisis. It's not life or death, it's not about national security,'' Carlisle said. ``It's just simply about a group of guys needing to remind ourselves -- all of us -- about the sanctity of team, and what it's about.''

The message appears to have landed with Artest.

``It was a good decision,'' Artest said. ``I need the rest. There's a lot of things going on.''

When asked if he thought the punishment fit the crime, Artest said, ``There was no crime done. I think it helped out. I was tired.

``I was doing a lot. I was running around a lot and doing a whole bunch of stuff and I've also been working out, so I think I wore myself down physically, I wore myself down mentally. I was ready to take some time off, at least like a month off, but two games is enough.''

With so many injuries, the last thing the Pacers needed was to lose another player, especially one of their two All-Stars.

The Pacers played with just nine players against the Clippers.

Nevertheless, Carlisle said he would not play Artest.

``We've spent a lot of time and a lot of money this summer traveling, working guys out, working toward a plan to win this year and that plan was built around team,'' Carlisle said. ``It's important in this early stage that we're steadfast in that understanding.''

RobinsontoDuncan
11-10-2004, 09:36 PM
god this kid really is a nutter, who ever heard of something like that, i just dont get it.

xcoriate
11-10-2004, 09:55 PM
I wore myself down mentally

Understatement of the Year

ducks
11-10-2004, 10:02 PM
dude is paid millions and is worried about his stupid other business

rap

pathetic

nba players should not get invlolved in businesses

xcoriate
11-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Yeah he has an obligation to his team and teammates and least of all has a contract for all 82 games and playoffs. This kinda shit needs to be stamped out.

sickdsm
11-10-2004, 10:53 PM
nba players should not get invlolved in businesses

One bad apple, huh? I think its perfectly fine whether its Artest's music, Francis clothing or Maliks restaraunt. A better statement would be

Nutjobs shouldn't get involved in businesses. This is absolutely rediculous. This should rank right up their with Drew Gooden's DNP-pimple in unbelievable news.

pooh
11-10-2004, 11:44 PM
When I saw the interview tonight I couldn't believe it. The idea of him just going into Carlisles' office and saying he needs some time off for promoting a CD, is too wild. I've seen it all....somewhere Rodman is saying, "Damn why didn't I think of that one?"

SpursWoman
11-10-2004, 11:46 PM
http://www.londonstimes.us/toons/cartoons/Simeon_NutCase4.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-11-2004, 12:20 AM
That guy is seriously messed up. I put the over/under on him showing up somewhere in drag at the first week of March.

pooh
11-11-2004, 12:24 AM
I'm a die hard Pacers fan and I've seen it all now with Artest. I gave 'em some slack in the past with some incidences but this takes the cake. When I saw his demeanor in that interview tonight, I couldn't believe it. I'm sure Bird and Carlisle will probably, if not already put the wheels in motion to get rid of him, but like some have said on here, who in the hell would take him? And most importantly, would someone?

2pac
11-11-2004, 09:09 AM
Artest for Malik and Brown?

:)

Jimcs50
11-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Why do black bball players insist on doing rap CDs??? Is there not enough money in pro sports??? What an idiot.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Why do black bball players insist on doing rap CDs??? Is there not enough money in pro sports??? What an idiot.

Must Be The Money.

http://www.ramm.prodigital.de/images/i1766113265_1.jpg

Solid D
11-11-2004, 09:59 AM
It'll give him time to work on his next cd with Truwarier Records. I still wonder if he is bi-polar and forgets to take his meds sometimes.

I somewhat innocently posted this earlier in this thread and earlier in the day yesterday, prior to the details being revealed on the reasons for Carlisle's corrective action with Artest.

I had to laugh out loud, because I was just joking at the time!!! :rollin

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-11-2004, 10:00 AM
I somewhat innocently posted this earlier in this thread and earlier in the day yesterday, prior to the details being revealed on the reasons for Carlisle's corrective action with Artest.

I had to laugh out loud, because I was just joking at the time!!! :rollin

Got Saturday's lottery numbers handy?

Solid D
11-11-2004, 10:02 AM
:lol

Ghost Writer
11-11-2004, 03:35 PM
I love Artest.

I loved him at St. John's.

I wanted the Spurs to trade for him when Chicago offered him and R. Mercer for S. Smith.

I think he's a talented player on both sides of the ball.

I like his intensity and toughness.

But at the end of the day, I think he's a thug who is a little whacked.

Marcus Bryant
11-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Baby steps.

pooh
11-11-2004, 05:03 PM
You have to say one thing...Artest has dominated STSA today. Course I could do without Harris literally calling him a moron. The guy has problems yes, but don't hammer 'em.

Solid D
11-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Hey Pooh, did you take a couple of days off for the release of your new book, A Time To Begin?

Street cred and all, you know.

samikeyp
11-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Let's be fair Pooh...if it was a Spur, you would be the one wielding the hammer. Artest is immensely talented but is fucked in the head. He is a detriment to his team right now. If he does have real problems, then he needs to get checked out and shouldn't be wasting time promoting an album.

pooh
11-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Hey Pooh, did you take a couple of days off for the release of your new book, A Time To Begin?

Street cred and all, you know.

Yeah, gotta have the "street cred". :) Nope, mainly cause there isn't substitute teaching jobs in the summer (when the book came out). But would I do something like that? Yes, if I was working part time or something like that...but, I would notice way in advance though.

Marcus Bryant
11-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Who cares what pooh thinks?

pooh
11-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Let's be fair Pooh...if it was a Spur, you would be the one wielding the hammer. Artest is immensely talented but is fucked in the head. He is a detriment to his team right now. If he does have real problems, then he needs to get checked out and shouldn't be wasting time promoting an album.

To your first part...yeah I would, but also I would expect Spurs fans to give him the same "treatment" he is getting now as a Pacer if was a Spur.

Yes he is talented...and I admit, he's got some major problems in his head. The scary part was how he acted and looked in the interview, that was weird. Obviously, no team is going to take a chance on him right now. The Pacers might just have to assign someone to him, like a "handler" to make sure he doesn't go off on this "laspes".

samikeyp
11-11-2004, 05:30 PM
To your first part...yeah I would, but also I would expect Spurs fans to give him the same "treatment" he is getting now as a Pacer if was a Spur.

most of them here would and worse.

newbiefan
11-11-2004, 06:11 PM
what do you think, the guy does not know the definition of integrity. don't think he forgot his meds, think he took too many of them

sickdsm
11-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Who cares? The only think i'm worried about is Nov. 23. That shall be the day the music scene of the world is changed forever.

ducks
11-11-2004, 10:15 PM
I just hope he does not care what happens to him basketball wise and hurt someone he is suppose to be guarding

Rynospursfan
11-12-2004, 01:47 AM
If the Pacers really want to move him, I think it can be done. Based just on his talent and his sallery the guy is a bargain these days. There has always been GMs arround the league who are willing to give someone another shot, as long as they can play.

IcemanCometh
11-12-2004, 02:38 AM
Clearly something is wrong mentally with Artest. Who knows if he even understands that the things he does are wrong or just plain weird at times. This isn't a joke or a gimmick like Rodman. I feel sorry for him and you just have to feel bad for his teammates who probably just don't know what to do or expect anymore from him

timvp
11-12-2004, 04:53 AM
Bottomline is Artest is and has always been crazy. Drug him up if you will, but him being crazy is what makes him good.

Put him on prozac and you have Rodney Rogers.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-12-2004, 08:16 AM
I think nobody here is asking the most important question of all.

What kind of rap is it?

mouse
11-12-2004, 09:07 AM
The real reason Ron Artest is fucked up.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/brodylover/drugs.gif

Solid D
11-12-2004, 09:28 AM
For those who care, here is the link to Ron Artest's Truwarier Records site.

http://www.truwarier.com/

Al Sharpton
11-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Leave the young brother alone and talk about a white baller for once.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Leave the young brother alone and talk about a white baller for once.

White? Baller? Does such a being exist?

boutons
11-12-2004, 12:34 PM
I didn't hear this long of period earlier, from AP today:

"Artest said Wednesday that he asked Carlisle for as much as a month off to heal his aching body and recover from a particularly busy schedule, which included producing an R&B album."

A month, ok, but without pay, and you lose your starter's position.