PDA

View Full Version : Udonis Haslem

td4mvp21
01-21-2007, 03:35 PM
:wow The Spurs need this guy bad, he does the dirty work, actually dunks, rebounds, hustles, and plays physical. He obviously can't shut Dirk down, but he can at least make it a little harder. 22 and 11 is better than whatever the hell Dirk got against us. Haslem is also very effective in a zone defense. I know we don't have the assets to get him, at least its a good pipe dream though.

P-O-Z
01-21-2007, 03:37 PM
:wow The Spurs need this guy bad, he does the dirty work, actually dunks, rebounds, hustles, and plays physical. He obviously can't shut Dirk down, but he can at least make it a little harder. 22 and 11 is better than whatever the hell Dirk got against us. Haslem is also very effective in a zone defense. I know we don't have the assets to get him, at least its a good pipe dream though.
idoubt that he will wanna leave miami conserding he is a miami native

SequSpur
01-21-2007, 03:38 PM
elson is back

believe

Fillmoe
01-21-2007, 03:38 PM
we will give you a similar player in kenny thomas...... and take back eric williams and matt bonner

Solid D
01-21-2007, 03:40 PM
No lie. The Spurs had him on their summer league team but he wanted to sign in his hometown.

CruelMonkey
01-21-2007, 03:41 PM
we will give you a similar player in kenny thomas...... and take back eric williams and matt bonner

I would do that in a heartbeat

td4mvp21
01-21-2007, 03:42 PM
No lie. The Spurs had him on their summer league team but he wanted to sign in his hometown.

When was that?

Solid D
01-21-2007, 03:47 PM
When was that?

Reebok Summer League 2003. He played alongside Devin Brown for the Spurs.

http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/03SL_BoxScore_Session6a.pdf

td4mvp21
01-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Reebok Summer League 2003. He played alongside Devin Brown for the Spurs.

http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/03SL_BoxScore_Session6a.pdf

:pctoss

ShoogarBear
01-21-2007, 04:27 PM
No lie. The Spurs had him on their summer league team but he wanted to sign in his hometown.The Spurs had great hopes for him when they first saw his name, but were disappointed when the found out he was from the U.S.

dg7md
01-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Obviously, this guy is a real pro. He was a huge factor in that finals turn around With Wade, Payton, and Zo.

Solid D
01-21-2007, 04:32 PM
The Spurs had great hopes for him when they first saw his name, but were disappointed when the found out he was from the U.S.

:lol

I was disappointed to see him sign with the Heat. Back in 2003, Spurs were on ESPN with coverage a couple of times of the Boston League. Haslem looked great. He was a little bigger than Malik but he had a similar style.

TwoHandJam
01-21-2007, 04:40 PM

I was disappointed to see him sign with the Heat. Back in 2003, Spurs were on ESPN with coverage a couple of times of the Boston League. Haslem looked great. He was a little bigger than Malik but he had a similar style.
I remember when we had him on our summer league team. I'm not sure the Spurs ever made him an offer though. I remember that he caught my eye because he was putting up some good rebounding numbers.

Dalamar_the_Dark
01-22-2007, 03:32 AM
I would rather have David Lee.

What about this deal?

David Lee plus Jamal Crawford for Manu.

Or David Lee plus Jamal Crawford for Beno and Barry.

I like David Lee and while Crawford has a big contract and has questionable shot selection, both are energy guys. Manu also has a pretty big contract and would be difficult to move later. Lee is a grinder and can rebound and score some. Crawford and put up 20 a night and can handle the ball as well. Crawford is also pretty clutch and is 3 years younger than Manu. Lee can also be our long 3.

Dont know if the Knicks would do the second deal cause I think Manu would be a more enticing bait.

Not sure if the numbers work out but just my random thoughts.

T Park
01-22-2007, 03:48 AM
Jamal Crawford and David Lee for Manu?

Id have to think pretty hard on that one.

timvp
01-22-2007, 03:53 AM

The Spurs were going to sign Haslem, but they wanted him to wait because that was another caproom offseason. Haslem then played for the Heat summer league team and they signed him after just a game or two. The Spurs targeted him during the year when they saw him playing overseas in Italy the year before, IIRC.

Like Josh Howard, Haslem was another casualty of the Jason Kidd sweepstakes.

:clap

regio
01-22-2007, 10:45 AM
I would rather have David Lee.

What about this deal?

David Lee plus Jamal Crawford for Manu.

Or David Lee plus Jamal Crawford for Beno and Barry.

I like David Lee and while Crawford has a big contract and has questionable shot selection, both are energy guys. Manu also has a pretty big contract and would be difficult to move later. Lee is a grinder and can rebound and score some. Crawford and put up 20 a night and can handle the ball as well. Crawford is also pretty clutch and is 3 years younger than Manu. Lee can also be our long 3.

Dont know if the Knicks would do the second deal cause I think Manu would be a more enticing bait.

Not sure if the numbers work out but just my random thoughts.

That doesn't sound bad at all but I don't know if it makes sense for New York, oh wait their GM is Isaiah Thomas let's make it happen :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-22-2007, 12:05 PM

We already traded our version of Kenny Thomas to the Knicks a few years ago.

Besides, I've noticed that since KT has found his way into Musselman's doghouse that the Kings can't win crap. You guys need at least one person on your roster who can grab a rebound.

Maybe you can trade him for Chris Webber.

Phenomanul
01-22-2007, 01:54 PM
The Spurs were going to sign Haslem, but they wanted him to wait because that was another caproom offseason. Haslem then played for the Heat summer league team and they signed him after just a game or two. The Spurs targeted him during the year when they saw him playing overseas in Italy the year before, IIRC.

Like Josh Howard, Haslem was another casualty of the Jason Kidd sweepstakes.

:clap

Add Raja Bell to that list....

Mr. Body
01-22-2007, 02:36 PM
The Spurs had great hopes for him when they first saw his name, but were disappointed when the found out he was from the U.S.

Truer words have never been said.

ArgSpursFan
01-22-2007, 03:43 PM

Dude Scola is way better and cheaper player.we don´t need Haslem.We need to stop fullin around and bring down Scola.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Jamal Crawford and David Lee for Manu?

I don't think Isiah is that stupid.

SequSpur
01-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Why is this topic even here? Dude is from Miami and is playing there and ain't going anywhere.

ArgSpursFan
01-22-2007, 06:32 PM
I don't think Isiah is that stupid.

I hope the spurs are not that stupid,not Isiah.he´d do it in a heart beat.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-22-2007, 06:35 PM
I hope the spurs are not that stupid,not Isiah.he´d do it in a heart beat.

Jamal Crawford, the main reason Francis is being run out of town...and David Lee, the young promising big...for Manu? Straight up?

I don't know if the Spurs would even do the deal. But if they did, the Knicks would be stupid. Manu isn't a guy you put on a shitty team and he instantly turns your team into a contender. He's a nice piece on a solid team. Like he was in Argentina. Like he is on the Spurs. Knicks wouldn't improve much, and would be sacrificing there future for it.

Fillmoe
01-22-2007, 06:52 PM
kenny thomas going once....... twice............

ArgSpursFan
01-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Jamal Crawford, the main reason Francis is being run out of town...and David Lee, the young promising big...for Manu? Straight up?

I don't know if the Spurs would even do the deal. But if they did, the Knicks would be stupid. Manu isn't a guy you put on a shitty team and he instantly turns your team into a contender. He's a nice piece on a solid team. Like he was in Argentina. Like he is on the Spurs. Knicks wouldn't improve much, and would be sacrificing there future for it.

I see that some spurs fans are so memoryless,would let go a guy who always showes up at clutch time on a game 6 or 7 in playoffs or even the NBA finals for a couple of promesses.

Thanks god you just a Spurs fan

Please_dont_ban_me
01-22-2007, 11:58 PM
I see that some spurs fans are so memoryless,would let go a guy who always showes up at clutch time on a game 6 or 7 in playoffs or even the NBA finals for a couple of promesses.

Thanks god you just a Spurs fan

Remind me again where I said I would do the deal?

My only comment on this matter is that if it comes down to two players...TP or Manu, and we HAVE to chose one I would rather do Manu. If it were up to me I would probably do neither.

J'Oneal has miles on him, much like KG. If I'm giving up one of our centerpieces, I would rather get someone younger.

td4mvp21
01-23-2007, 12:07 AM
Dude Scola is way better and cheaper player.we don´t need Haslem.We need to stop fullin around and bring down Scola.

Um no, Haslem has proven himself in the NBA. Scola has not. I'll take Haslem, THANKS.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-23-2007, 12:11 AM

How is Scola cheaper then Haslem?

I don't have the numbers, but I'm pretty sure the buyout plus whatever salary he was demanding is more then what Haslem is making.

remingtonbo2001
01-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Why doesn't anyone include SCOLA in their trade purposals....Hello? Isn't SCOLA our biggest piece of bait. REALLY? The guy isn't even playing for us, yet he is drawing attention by his well-rounded play in EUROPE.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Why doesn't anyone include SCOLA in their trade purposals....Hello? Isn't SCOLA our biggest piece of bait. REALLY? The guy isn't even playing for us, yet he is drawing attention by his well-rounded play in EUROPE.

Big buyout figure...accompanied with teams hesistance to bring in unproven NBA players (probably) would be my guess. It's not like the Spurs are just keeping him overseas for shits and giggles.

johnpaulwall21
01-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Scola aint worth that much cause he aint exactly dominating the europe league.

remingtonbo2001
01-23-2007, 12:42 AM
Big buyout figure...accompanied with teams hesistance to bring in unproven NBA players (probably) would be my guess. It's not like the Spurs are just keeping him overseas for shits and giggles.

I know, besides the buyout, I can't imagine why he isn't in this league, let alone in a Spurs uniform. There just seems to be a few underlying issues that don't seem to match up? I guess that's when trade speculation comes about.

remingtonbo2001
01-23-2007, 12:47 AM
In all seriousness, which player would you rather aquire; Luis Scola, or Malik Rose? Or maybe, Kwami Brown? How about Jamal Maglorie? I'm sure there a plenty teams eyeing SCOLA. The only two conflicts of interest would be either the buyout, or the Spurs' PRICETAG? I wonder what type of player the Spurs would want in return for SCOLA. What are the expectations of SCOLA if he is indeed brought in?

Please_dont_ban_me
01-23-2007, 01:09 AM
I know, besides the buyout, I can't imagine why he isn't in this league, let alone in a Spurs uniform. There just seems to be a few underlying issues that don't seem to match up? I guess that's when trade speculation comes about.

That's like saying what's wrong with Rasheed Wallaces character...besides the technical fouls.

The buyout figure is a major reason he's not in the league. The Spurs don't want to pay it, and neither does any other team obviously or he'd probably be traded by now.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-23-2007, 01:12 AM
In all seriousness, which player would you rather aquire; Luis Scola, or Malik Rose? Or maybe, Kwami Brown? How about Jamal Maglorie? I'm sure there a plenty teams eyeing SCOLA.

Out of those, just Magloire.

Keep him on the bench as a 12th man. Bring him in to throw a few elbows when needed. I would take Scola at the right price, but that seems like its never going to happen. Male Rose...eh. He was productive in our system once upon a time. It wasn't that great the first time around, don't see why we would want to go down that road again. Great person, average player. And...Kwame Brown? Let's just pretend you didn't just ask that.

johnpaulwall21
01-23-2007, 01:12 AM
Well they need to decide what to do with him cause his stock is dropping every year.

urunobili
02-08-2008, 02:01 PM
i think this would be the best possible answer to the west moves... Elson/Bonner for him would be awesome... he is one of the best Dirk defenders and would match up extraordinarily well against Gasol too...

Phenomanul
02-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Why would Riley give up his only consistent player?

Kori Ellis
02-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Why did you bump a year old thread about Haslem, when there is another Haslem thread from the last day or so?

MoSpur
02-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Why would Riley give up his only consistent player?

Because he may want more money in the off-season to sign big time players.

MoSpur
02-08-2008, 02:36 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86592

urunobili
02-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Why did you bump a year old thread about Haslem, when there is another Haslem thread from the last day or so?
sorry i just did a search using "Haslem" for all thread titles and i thought this one was the one to use... didn;t check how old it was until it was too late... never meant to create more mess.. sorry :depressed

Kori Ellis
02-08-2008, 02:56 PM
:lol It's okay, don't worry about it. I thought maybe you bumped it to point out something particular in this thread.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-08-2008, 03:45 PM
kenny thomas going once....... twice............

$7M for an aging tweener power forward....quite a deal.

See Rose, Malik.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-08-2008, 03:46 PM
:lol I didn't notice how old this thread is.

ancestron
02-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Did I miss something? When did Udonis Haslem become the savior of the league?

Ghost Writer
02-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Why would Riley move Haslem -- his only credible F/C left and the heart and soul of the championship Heat?

Question.

MoSpur
02-08-2008, 04:23 PM
See above

Ghost Writer
02-08-2008, 04:33 PM
See above
I did.

Phoooo™.

baseline bum
02-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Why would Riley move Haslem -- his only credible F/C left and the heart and soul of the championship Heat?

Question.

To get out of Blount's deal I'm guessing.

MoSpur
02-08-2008, 05:15 PM
I did.

Phoooo™.

Then you would have seen that there is an idea that the Heat might want expiring contracts to have more $$$ to spend on key free agents.

Ghost Writer
02-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Then you would have seen that there is an idea that the Heat might want expiring contracts to have more $$$ to spend on key free agents.
You lost me at: "An idea that the Heat might"

Phoooo.™