PDA

View Full Version : Colts vs Bears (superbowl thread)

Pages : [1] 2

kobe_bryant
01-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Colts win.

call it now

Fillmoe
01-21-2007, 10:22 PM
GROSSman throws 3 picks and 2 lost fumbles

Duff McCartney
01-21-2007, 10:23 PM
I say it'll be close but the Colts win.

kobe_bryant
colts win with manning winning mvp

angel_luv
I'm for the Bears!

Pistons < Spurs
01-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Colts got this!

kobe_bryant
01-21-2007, 10:25 PM
http://images.nfl.com/images/sb41/sbxlihc.gif

BeerIsGood!
01-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Bears win with Superior DEFENSE!

Tippecanoe
01-21-2007, 10:45 PM
i'm with the bears
only because i cannot stand manning

dirk4mvp
01-21-2007, 10:53 PM
^ or you're a bitter Pats fan who's mouth is full of crow right now.....

Tippecanoe
01-21-2007, 11:01 PM
^ or you're a bitter Pats fan who's mouth is full of crow right now.....

thats kinda true :ihit

dirk4mvp
01-21-2007, 11:03 PM
:lol

hitmanyr2k
01-21-2007, 11:04 PM
I think the Bears will shock the world. Manning doesn't know the meaning of pressure until he plays in a Super Bowl and the Colts will be the overwhelming favorites to win so he'll have to deliver. No one thinks the Bears even deserve to be in the Super Bowl so no pressure is on them.

There are many parallels between the Dallas Mavericks and the Colts. The Mavericks finally beat their nemesis (the Spurs) and got to the Finals where they were overwhelming favorites against the Miami Heat of the weak Eastern Conference. They choked and the better team from the better conference lost. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing here.

It's the year of the underdogs folks. First the Miami Heat, then the Florida Gators and since things always happen in threes....now Da Bears LOL.

BeerIsGood!
01-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Anyone who thinks the #1 team in the NFC doesn't belong on the same field as the #3 team in the AFC is crazy

SAtown
01-21-2007, 11:17 PM
This ought to be a great matchup, it just sucks it's so far away. I'm glad to see two different teams (other than NE, St Louis, etc...) make it to the Super Bowl. Im going with the Colts.

tsb2000
01-21-2007, 11:52 PM
Mr. Manning, meet Mr. Urlacher... :ihit

BEARS WIN!

J.T.
01-22-2007, 12:03 AM
I think the Bears will shock the world. Manning doesn't know the meaning of pressure until he plays in a Super Bowl and the Colts will be the overwhelming favorites to win so he'll have to deliver. No one thinks the Bears even deserve to be in the Super Bowl so no pressure is on them.

There are many parallels between the Dallas Mavericks and the Colts. The Mavericks finally beat their nemesis (the Spurs) and got to the Finals where they were overwhelming favorites against the Miami Heat of the weak Eastern Conference. They choked and the better team from the better conference lost. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing here.

It's the year of the underdogs folks. First the Miami Heat, then the Florida Gators and since things always happen in threes....now Da Bears LOL.

The Heat won the 2006 Finals, therefore last year. Which would make a Bears win the second in your little "things happen in threes" comparison. Plus the Colts are only 7 point favorites, which is hardly overwhelming odds.

And how the fuck can you accuse Manning of not knowing the meaning of pressure after being down 21-3 in the first half. I'll even admit, as a Colts fan I had little hope for a win after Samuel picked off Manning and ran it back for a score. The Pats were playing great football at that point and never really let up, they just weren't able to get any stops. The Colts didn't have a lead in the game until one minute left in the fourth quarter, and you're going to sit there and tell me Peyton doesn't know the meaning of pressure after that? Depending on how this Super Bowl plays out, I don't think Manning will ever play another game in his career with more pressure on him to win. Down by 18, not able to convert drives into TDs, shaking up the thumb on his throwing hand on a 3-and-out drive with the game tied in the fourth quarter, leads his team on a TD drive with a minute to go and he doesn't know pressure? Bullshit.

Phil Hellmuth
01-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Colts 6.5 and 7 point favorites according to vegas.

johnpaulwall21
01-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Bears are the underdogs and thats why I say BEARS all the way !!!! The Colts D will get back to normal and choke with the Bears running game. Manning will have a good go at it but it wont be enough. Just like what happened last year with them and the Steelers.

Horry For 3!
01-22-2007, 01:04 AM
I am goin for the Colts since the Saints are done.

Slinkyman
01-22-2007, 01:56 AM
Anyone who thinks the #1 team in the NFC doesn't belong on the same field as the #3 team in the AFC is crazy

kinda like last year when the #1 seed from the NFC didn't belong on the same field as the #6 seed from the AFC.

BeerIsGood!
01-22-2007, 03:19 AM
kinda like last year when the #1 seed from the NFC didn't belong on the same field as the #6 seed from the AFC.

The #1 NFC team won the game save the zebras who called one of the most lopsided games in NFL history. You know that's the truth, and everyone knows it as well.

mffl89
01-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Is there a chance that Manning won't get MVP when the Colts win?

kingsfan
01-22-2007, 09:26 AM
It's also a SEC rematch for the QB's (Tenn + Fl.) SEC rocks!!

stretch
01-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Ill take the Colts. they are playing with much more hunger and desire than the Bears. and the Bears have far bigger weaknesses that the Colts can easily attack, such as their secondary, which is absolute shit. Manning should be able to hook up with Harrison and Wayne quite easily and often. As much of a poor history that Manning has with pressure, im not expecting any more from Grossman. the guy is godawful when under pressure, and has minimal playoff experience, as does the rest of the Bears.

J.T.
01-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Is there a chance that Manning won't get MVP when the Colts win?

Only way is if Adam Vinatieri ends up being the only man to put points on the board again.

tlongII
01-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Depends on which version of Rex Grossman shows up. If it's the good Rex Grossman the Bears will have a shot. If not they will get rolled.

Budkin
01-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Colts will win but it will be a close game.

Pugglekicker_21
01-23-2007, 07:49 PM
colts win manning retires

J.T.
01-23-2007, 10:12 PM

Um, Manning still has a good half of his career left. Though if the Colts win, Dungy might retire. He said he would retire from coaching when he turned 50 and I think he is 51 now, though a lot of coaches keep going into their 60s and if they win, he'll probably want to come back and defend it.

I hope you were joking because the only way Manning would retire if he wins XLI is if they put him on the cover of Madden 08 and he has a career ending injury to his throwing arm.

Chris Childs
01-23-2007, 10:26 PM

I'll be glad to see his non-human looking ass retire.
He's so Overrated!

RashoFan
01-23-2007, 11:02 PM
It should be a great game as long as Rex Grossman doesn't choke or has head somewhere else other than the game. Rex will be in the "Gator" State and I think that will be a familiar setting for him. I call it now...Da BEARS Superbowl 41 Champions. I wonder if they are planning a 2007 version of the SUPERBOWL SUFFLE???
In case y'all forgot the lyrics...
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/RashoFan/1985Bears.jpg
Chorus
We are the Bears Shufflin' Crew
Shufflin' on down, doin' it for you.
We're so bad we know we're good.
Blowin' your mind like we knew we would.
You know we're just struttin' for fun
Struttin' our stuff for everyone.
We're not here to start not trouble.
We're just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.

Walter Payton
Well, they call me Sweetness,
And I like to dance.
Runnin' the ball is like makin' romance.
We've had the goal since training camp
To give Chicago a Super Bowl Champ.
And we're not doin' this
Because we're greedy.
The Bears are doin' it to feed the needy.
We didn't come here to look for trouble,
We just came here to do
The Super Bowl Shuffle.

Willie Gault
This is Speedy Willie, and I'm world class.
I like runnin' but i love to get the pass.
I practice all day and dance all night,
I got to get ready for the Sunday fight.
Now I'm as smooth as a chocolate swirl,
I dance a little funky, so watch me girl.
There's not one here that does it like me,
My Super Bowl Shuffle will set you free.

Mike Singletary
I'm Samurai Mike I stop'em cold.
Part of the defense, big and bold,
I've been jammin' for quite a while,
Doin' what's right and settin' the style,
Give me a chance, I'll rock you good,
Nobody messin' in my neighborhood.
I didn't come here lookin' for trouble,
I just came to do The Super Bowl Shuffle

(Repeat Chorus)

Jim McMahon
I'm the punky QB, known as McMahon.
When I hit the turf, I've got no plan.
I just throw my body all over the field.
I can't dance, but I can throw the pill.
I motivate the cats, I like to tease.
I play so cool, I aim to please.
That's why you all got here on the double
To catch me doin' the Super Bowl Shuffle.

Otis Wilson
I'm mama's boy Otis, one of a kind.
The ladies all love me
For my body and my mind.
I'm slick on the floor as I can be
But ain't no sucker gonna get past me.
Some guys are jealous
Of my style and class,
That's why some end up on their -,
I didn't come here lookin' for trouble,
I just get down to The Super Bowl Shuffle.

Steve Fuller
They say Jimbo is our man.
If Jimmy can't do it, I sure can.
This is Steve, and it's no wonder
I run like lightnin', pass like thunder.
So bring on Atlanta, bring on Dallas,
This is for Mike and Papa Bear Halas.
I'm not here to feather his ruffle,
I just came here to do
The Super Bowl Shuffle.

Mike Richardson
I'm L.A. Mike, and I play it cool.
They don't sneak by me 'cause I'm no fool.
I fly on the field and get on down.
Everybody knows I don't mess around.
I can break'em, shake'em,
Any time of day.
I like to steal it and make 'em pay,
So please don't cry to beat my hustle
'Cause I'm just here to do
The Super Bowl Shuffle.

(Repeat Chorus)

Richard Dent
The sackman's comin', I'm your man Dent.
if the quarterback's slow,
He's gonna get bent.
We stop the run, we stop the pass,
I like to dump guys on their -.
We love to play for the world's best fans,
You better start makin'
Your Super Bowl plans.
But don't get ready or go to any trouble
Unless you practice
The Super Bowl Shuffle.

Gary Fencik
It's Gary here, and I'm Mr.Clean.
They call me "hit man,"
Don't know what they mean.
They throw it long and watch me run,
I'm on my man, one-on-one.
Buddy's guys cover it down to the bone,
That's why they call us the 46 zone.
Come on everybody let's scream and yell,
We're goin' to do the Shuffle,
Then ring your bell.

William Perry
You're lookin' at the Fridge,
I'm the rookie.
I may be large, but I'm no dumb cookie.
You've seen me hit, you've seen me run,
When I kick and pass, we'll have more fun.
I can dance, you will see
The others, they all learn from me.
I don't come here lookin' for trouble,
I just came here to do
The Super Bowl Shuffle.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/RashoFan/DaBearsSBS.jpg

Greg Oden
01-23-2007, 11:15 PM
At least your sig isn't as gay as it was before.

johnpaulwall21
01-24-2007, 12:58 AM
I agree with Buck tooth, the colts will come out flat and be overwhelmed

J.T.
01-24-2007, 01:43 AM
How do you figure that? Peyton Manning will devote nearly every hour of the next 12 days figuring out the Bears defense as he does with any team he plays. Colts have much better wideouts and no one has been able to stop Dallas Clark on the seam routes this postseason. The Colts defense will step it up as they have been (I don't know if you saw them make Tom Brady look like the overrated bitch he truly is in the second half of the AFC Championship) and make plays. Oh and I think I forgot to mention we have Adam Vinatieri and just beat the first and second scoring defenses in the league the past two games. I respect the Bears defense for what they did to New Orleans, but the Colts are a much better team than the Saints and anyone expecting a Bears blowout is dumb. It will be a close game.

J.T.
01-24-2007, 02:01 AM
And that equals a Bears blowout? You underestimate the greatness of Peyton Manning (and his wideouts). The Bears would've been lucky to finish 8-8 with the Colts schedule.

Condemned 2 HelLA
01-24-2007, 04:45 AM
http://espn.go.com/photo/2007/0122/snibbe_poster.jpg

There was someone from the NFL Network on a local radio station out here today, and he was referring to the upcoming game as "The Soul Bowl".

RashoFan
01-24-2007, 08:25 PM
It may not be a "close" game, BUT i don't think it will be a blowout game.

bresilhac
01-25-2007, 05:17 AM
Chicago's defense will crush Manning and co.

27-17 Bears.

J.T.
01-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Chicago's defense will crush Manning and co.

27-17 Bears.

Reminds me of what people said about Baltimore and look where they are now.

And seriously, Dungy greated the Minnnesota Cover 2/Tampa 2 defense that both the Colts and Bears use. Do you think Peyton Manning doesn't know his own teams defensive packages and doesn't practice against them regularly? I am not going to make outrageous predictions about this game, but both the fact that the Colts offensive line is solid and they are playing against a defense that their coach created gives a slight advantage to Indy. Grossman can't pick apart secondaries like Peyton can.

In all likelihood this is going to come down to which coach has better tricks up his sleeves that the other coach doesn't know about, and which team execute better. On paper the Bears D looks good, and it can be (NO game was the first time in a while that their D has been excellent), but don't let it miselad you.

Extra Stout
01-25-2007, 05:24 PM
If it is 30 degrees and snowing in Miami, then Chicago will have a clear edge...

RashoFan
01-26-2007, 03:18 AM
If there is sunshine and a warm breeze AND Chicago wins the Superbowl.....then they have definately earned and deserved the trophy.

RashoFan
01-26-2007, 03:19 AM
BTW...anyone want to GTG and watch the game? I am opened to any suggestions as to a meeting place.

J.T.
01-26-2007, 07:14 AM
I am probably having a keg and grilling lots of hamburgers at my apartment in San Marcos if anyone wants to come.

Trainwreck2100
01-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Grossman trows 3 INTs to Mannings 2 and the Bears lose by a field goal

katyon6th
01-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Rasho dear, your sig is obscene. That's too much Rex.

katyon6th
01-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Oh.

Colts 23
Bears 20

mardigan
01-26-2007, 12:13 PM
the bears defense is the colts defense with better players.....school is out.
Bears d isnt better than the Ravens, or probably the Pats either, and they dont have the offense of the Pats or Chiefs, and your argument doesnt make any sense, the defenses dont play each other, the matchups you have to look at is o vs d, and the Colts win that match up on both sides of the ball, 31-13 Colts, not gonna even be close

dirk4mvp
01-26-2007, 04:52 PM

Much better than what it was before with the dancing bears.

BangBus
01-26-2007, 04:55 PM
The Bears are gonna get fucked harder than half the bitches I tape.

RashoFan
01-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Oh Katy! You must be feverish(since your cheeks are so pink in your avatar...:D) There can never be TOO MUCH REX!!!! :eyebrows :makeout

RashoFan
01-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Much better than what it was before with the dancing bears.
eh...just wanted something obnoxious for awhile... :p:

Pugglekicker_21
01-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Um, Manning still has a good half of his career left. Though if the Colts win, Dungy might retire. He said he would retire from coaching when he turned 50 and I think he is 51 now, though a lot of coaches keep going into their 60s and if they win, he'll probably want to come back and defend it.

I hope you were joking because the only way Manning would retire if he wins XLI is if they put him on the cover of Madden 08 and he has a career ending injury to his throwing arm.

i was slightly :sleep and yes i was joking, though you're right about dungy

Pugglekicker_21
01-26-2007, 11:34 PM
The Bears are gonna get fucked harder than half the bitches I tape.

you aint worried about getting busted for your sig? :wow

Burn531
01-29-2007, 02:46 AM
IND 26
CHI 23

shelshor
01-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Bears--27
Colts--24

And bad news for the folks actually going to the game:
Tailgating has been banned within a mile of the stadium by the No Fun League

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=2831711&page=1

kobe_bryant
01-30-2007, 01:25 AM
when do the interviews start?

Burn531
01-30-2007, 01:42 AM
when do the interviews start?

Tuesday.

mardigan
01-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Colts seemed pretty relaxed in their interviews, Freeney was good, and Peyton answered everything great

Fillmoe
01-31-2007, 07:46 PM
bears are gonna get fucked

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/151DRF/grossman.jpg

mookie2001
01-31-2007, 07:50 PM
bears 28 colts 20, ced benson MVP

J.T.
02-02-2007, 11:30 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/news/story?id=2751064

Tony Parker picks the Colts. Smart man.

Lady Marmalade
02-02-2007, 06:07 PM
All my guy friends ( at least the ones that I've talked to about this ) are rooting for the Bears. I have been rooting for the Colts...

J.T.
02-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Tony knows the NFL? :lol

He probably knows the NFL a lot better than most of the people going "LOL DA BEARS!!!111 :D" on this forum. Bucking Fandwagoners.

leemajors
02-02-2007, 10:09 PM
He probably knows the NFL a lot better than most of the people going "LOL DA BEARS!!!111 :D" on this forum. Bucking Fandwagoners.

yeah the colts don't have many bandwagon fans at all either.

Cry Havoc
02-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Moreso than the temperature, the Colts defense is REALLY horrible on grass. If this game were on turf, I'd probably go with Indy. As it's on natural grass, the speed of their D-line is going to be limited. They depend on cutting moves based on speed to get penetration. Freeney is essentially a stock DE on grass, while he's a monster on turf.

The Bears O-line is huge, and with not two but three backs who are capable of running the ball (don't forget about Adrian Peterson), they could have the Colts D wore down by the second quarter. No one plays the kind of grind out game that the Bears do, except perhaps the Ravens, who decided to run the ball only 13 times with their main back, despite the fact that he averaged over 4 yards a carry. They played right into the Colts hands by passing all day long. The Bears won't do that, and the Colts D (who has a tendency to overpursue) might find themselves the victim of play-action passing for much of the 2nd half, when their front four are so wore down they can't even slow the run (another area where Freeney is pretty useless).

If there is one consistent fact in Superbowls, it's that QBs are important, but they don't determine the game. Defense does. Defense would have nearly every MVP ring of the Super Bowl, but you can't give it to 11 guys.

Manning has been less than stellar in the playoffs, despite his win over the Pats. The Colts have been pounded on by some of the best Ds in the league. This week is no different, with the Bears, who hit just as hard as the Ravens do. And don't forget, the Colts have had to play 3 games to get here, the Bears just two. That may make a difference in the 4th Quarter, be it Manning being just a tick off with a receiver, or the half a step Berrian gains on his cover. Grossman has been able to throw the deep ball all year, and if the running game is effective, there is no way Indy can settle back in a cover 2.

The Bears are unarguably better on the D-line, Linebackers, and Cornerbacks. The safetys would normally favor the Colts, except their standout is injured... Sanders may be completely ineffective, but even under the best circumstances, he probably won't be 95%. The special teams match up like a Pro-bowl team against a Rookie squad -- Bears, best in the league, Colts -- very possibly the worst, PK aside.

What else? Oh yes. The Bears O-line is at least as good as the Colts. And the running game is no contest.

The Colts are better at wideout and quarterback, both by large margins. However, the only other area where they equal the Bears is O-line. Everything else is against them here, including injuries and rest. If anything, the heat should help the Bears. There is nothing harder to stop than a power running game in the middle of the afternoon.

It should be a very tough game, because Peyton won't let his team go away so easily. Bears still win. Defense and power running take Super Bowl XLI, 28-24.

Cry Havoc
02-03-2007, 12:21 AM

Yeah, you're right. The team with the gritty running game and the hard-hitting defense is the one that will gain bandwagon fans over the high powered flashy offense that analysts have been picking to win it all as a no-brainer for 6 years. Right.

You ARE a Spurs fan, right? A Spurs fan... who thinks... defense.... gains a lot of fans....

:dizzy

J.T.
02-03-2007, 03:45 AM
Yeah, you're right. The team with the gritty running game and the hard-hitting defense is the one that will gain bandwagon fans over the high powered flashy offense that analysts have been picking to win it all as a no-brainer for 6 years. Right.

You ARE a Spurs fan, right? A Spurs fan... who thinks... defense.... gains a lot of fans....

:dizzy

I don't know what kind of point you're trying to prove here. I'm saying a Bears win is about as likely to happen as a pornstar having a premature ejaculation, and I can't seem to find out why so many people think the Bears are going to win (pretty sure the NO game when the Saints turned it over 4 times has a lot to do with ppl thinking the Bears D is as good as it was at the beginning of the season when it's actually not). We'll see, but my money is on the Colts and we'll see what happens on Sunday.

"Defense wins championships" is probably the most played out cliche in professional sports and if the '06 NBA Finals proved anything, it proved that cliche can be proven wrong.

Cry Havoc
02-03-2007, 04:21 AM
I don't know what kind of point you're trying to prove here.

"Defense wins championships" is probably the most played out cliche in professional sports and if the '06 NBA Finals proved anything, it proved that cliche can be proven wrong.

You state that Tony Parker knows a lot more about the NFL than a lot of people on this forum. While that point has absolutely no validity, it should be known that Phil Jackson picked the Bears. Why? Defense wins championships. As much as I love Tony, I'd probably go with Phil in terms of overall knowledge of sports here. But again, that is mostly conjecture.

You also said that the Bears had gathered a ton of bandwaggon supporters. To which I responded that defense and running the ball well has never historically attracted a ton of fans to their sideline, much like the Spurs have not ever received the kind of media hype that other teams have, and yet have 3 rings in the past 8 years. The comparison has several parallels as well: Both the Bears and Spurs (well, the Spurs of the past) have relied on defense first to win games. Meanwhile, teams like the Colts and Suns have been very offensive minded as of late. Now, which teams get more hype (and therefore more bandwaggon fans)? I'm sure this isn't that difficult to figure out... then again you didn't understand it the first time I said it. :pctoss

Just a quick tidbit: Colts & Suns combined = 0 titles. Bears and Spurs: Potentially 5, after Sunday. And that's not counting the numerous NFL Championships Chicago won before the AFL-AFC joined the league. Notice a trend? Yeah. The 85 Bears did it with defense, too. You say last year's NBA Finals "disproved" it, but that is one year. Look back. 05 Spurs - Great defense. 04 Pistons - Great defense. 03 Spurs... the Laker Dynasty with Shaq in the middle.... the Spurs again with the Twin Towers plugging the lane.... the Bulls dynasty that saw two (three with Rodman) of the best defenders in the NBA on the same team... the Rockets with Hakeem....

Are you following yet? But no, you're right, last year definitely proved it wrong. :smokin

I could say the Rams "Greatest Show on Turf" proved it wrong too, but the Titans weren't particularly dominant on defense that year either.

"I'm saying a Bears win is about as likely to happen as a pornstar having a premature ejaculation, and I can't seem to find out why so many people think the Bears are going to win..."

The Bears are 7 point dogs in the Superbowl. That's a decent margin, but nowhere near what some teams have been. When Broadway Joe lit up Miami, the Jets were 21 point underdogs. They dominated the game and won by 9.

And need I point out to you what happened when four Hall of Fame Lakers took the court against the Pistons in 2004? That was supposed to be an afterthought. People said the Pistons MIGHT steal a game. Instead, it was the series known as the 5 game sweep, minus the Kobe Bryant buzzer beater.

Perhaps the thing that your post lacks most... is anything substantial. I just listed a good quarter page breakdown of the matchups of this Superbowl, and the Bears hold a clear edge in most of them. Meanwhile, you're wanking to Peyton Manning, the "unstoppable" Colts offense that couldn't muster a single touchdown against Baltimore, despite an anemic performance by McNair that resulted in the Colts completely dominating the time of possession, not to mention the fact that the Ravens only ran the ball 17 times between their two lead backs.

Perhaps it needs to be said again. All 8 analysts for ESPN picked the Saints to beat the Bears. Why? Well, the Saints have the #1 offense in the league. They're unstoppable, and the Bears don't have the speed to keep up with them. Several analysts predicted a trouncing. One said, "There is no way the Bears can beat the Saints."

Yet after a long touchdown pass in the second quarter that saw a certain young running back taunt the Bears, the Saints never reached the endzone again. If you think that wasn't a statement made by the Bears, you don't watch much football.

"pretty sure the NO game when the Saints turned it over 4 times has a lot to do with ppl thinking the Bears D is as good as it was at the beginning of the season when it's actually not)."

Uh. You do realize you completely contradict yourself with this, right? That's kind of like saying.... "Yeah... that team was SO awesome last week... but they aren't very good."

:bang

Please work on your logic before you attempt to make bets in Vegas. You'll lose a lot less money that way. And for the record, as a Spurs fan, it's disgraceful of you to say that defense wins championships is overused. It also shows a complete lack of knowledge about the 3 major American sports. But I guess that's your call. :lol

young_prosecutor
02-03-2007, 12:01 PM
I have studied in France, they don't watch American football.

Extra Stout
02-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Just a quick tidbit: Colts & Suns combined = 0 titles.

Did you really say that the Colts have zero titles in a post where you berate somebody about "lack of knowledge?"

http://www.cmgworldwide.com/football/unitas/images/image5.jpg

Cry Havoc
02-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Did you really say that the Colts have zero titles in a post where you berate somebody about "lack of knowledge?"

http://www.cmgworldwide.com/football/unitas/images/image5.jpg

Please tell me when the Indianapolis Colts have won a title.

Oooooh... that right's... a team that won several decades ago in a different city is somehow supposed to be considered the "same team". Sorry, doesn't count.

Extra Stout
02-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Please tell me when the Indianapolis Colts have won a title.

Oooooh... that right's... a team that won several decades ago in a different city is somehow supposed to be considered the "same team". Sorry, doesn't count.

How many of the 1985 Bears are still on the roster?

Extra Stout
02-03-2007, 02:50 PM
By the way, the correct response would have been to say "Oops," laugh at yourself, and move on, rather than being a douchebag and digging yourself into a deeper hole by claiming that the Indianapolis Colts are not the same franchise as the Baltimore Colts, and by claiming that winning a lot time ago doesn't count for the Colts, but it does for the Bears.

Cry Havoc
02-03-2007, 02:51 PM
How many of the 1985 Bears are still on the roster?

Same city. Same fans. Same type of team. The person I was replying to was speaking about how defense wins championships was an overrated addage.

Extra Stout
02-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Same city. Same fans. Same type of team.
Don't dig this hole. The Bears do not have great defense because they play in Chicago and have certain fans. I'm also guessing that there has been turnover in the fan base since the days of George Blanda.

The person I was replying to was speaking about how defense wins championships was an overrated addage.
I know. Usually defense does win championships. Dan Fouts never won a Super Bowl. Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl.

On the other hand, one year the San Francisco 49ers put up 55 points on the #1-ranked defense in the Super Bowl, so occasionally offense wins. But that's the exception, not the rule.

I was just picking out a funny oversight. You take yourself way too seriously.

Cry Havoc
02-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Don't dig this hole. The Bears do not have great defense because they play in Chicago and have certain fans. I'm also guessing that there has been turnover in the fan base since the days of George Blanda.

I know. Usually defense does win championships. Dan Fouts never won a Super Bowl. Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl.

On the other hand, one year the San Francisco 49ers put up 55 points on the #1-ranked defense in the Super Bowl, so occasionally offense wins. But that's the exception, not the rule.

I was just picking out a funny oversight. You take yourself way too seriously.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with everything you said. Cept kinda the last part. I put some effort into the previous posts in this thread, and kinda felt like you were nit-picking is all. :nerd

SPURS4LIFE21
02-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Bears

J.T.
02-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Uh. You do realize you completely contradict yourself with this, right? That's kind of like saying.... "Yeah... that team was SO awesome last week... but they aren't very good."

No, what you failed to see was that I said the Saints turned it over four times. Not that the Bears forced four takeaways, they just capitalized on New Orleans playing stupid football. It's easy to beat a team that shoots themselves in the foot. On the otherhand, Manning has thrown only three less interceptions in the postseason than he did in the entire regular season and the Colts are still finding ways to win games.

I could say the Rams "Greatest Show on Turf" proved it wrong too, but the Titans weren't particularly dominant on defense that year either.

Perhaps the thing that your post lacks most... is anything substantial. I just listed a good quarter page breakdown of the matchups of this Superbowl, and the Bears hold a clear edge in most of them. Meanwhile, you're wanking to Peyton Manning, the "unstoppable" Colts offense that couldn't muster a single touchdown against Baltimore, despite an anemic performance by McNair that resulted in the Colts completely dominating the time of possession, not to mention the fact that the Ravens only ran the ball 17 times between their two lead backs.

You can say all you want about Baltimore's offense not stepping to the plate, but give the Colts defense some god damned credit. They didn't allow Kansas City a first down for over 40 minutes. They have not allowed over 100 rushing yards in a game this postseason and have shut down marquee backs in all three games. They are giving up a lower per-game point total (16) than the Bears (19). The defense gave up 21 first half points to New England and elevated their play so much in the second half that they only allowed 13 points scored to Indy's 32, and picked off Brady while he still had enough time to pull off an incredible from-behind comeback in the closing seconds.

You can say all you want about the Colts having a high powered, flashy, Suns-like offense, but you can't deny defense has bailed them out of poor performances by Manning in the first two postseason games and was able to slow down New England enough to allow the offense to deliver that incredible comeback. Bears fans are complaining about nobody giving Grossman credit, but when Grossman has had bad games, his defense has saved the game for him. That's what the Colts defense has been doing too, but of course, a team that is built for defense and hyped around that shade of the game is going to get more credit because that's what they do. I'm fine with people doubting the Colts, because so far the media is 0-3 in their predictions. Larry Johnson was supposed to burn us for 250 yards. The Ravens superior defense was supposed to keep us out of the game, which by and large they did, but we were able to shut them down more and gain better field position for field goals. Then, New England was once again supposed to be too good for us to overcome, but now Indy is in the Super Bowl on the heels of one of the most incredible games in playoff history. And now the Bears defense is supposed to be too hard to handle? I guess New England and Baltimore's much-praised defenses don't count for anything, do they?

The Bears do not have as many advantages as you have made them out to have. This game is pretty evenly matched. I've said it is going to be a close one from the beginning, not this 35-7 blowout all these just-came-out-of-hibernation Bears fans are predicting. The Colts do not make many mistakes on the field, and Bears fans are naive if they think that because they beat the Saints in a game where New Orleans squandered so many second-half opportunities that a win against the Colts is a no-brainer. You won't see Indy turn it over four times in a game. You won't see Peyton Manning flagged for intentional grounding in his own endzone. The Colts will win the Super Bowl. See you on Sunday night.

Cry Havoc
02-03-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm saying a Bears win is about as likely to happen as a pornstar having a premature ejaculation

Yep. You definitely think it's going to be a close game.

I mean, with an objective statement like that, I don't know how I could think the Bears would even have a chance to win.

Except that since the playoffs started, I've been hoping it would be a Colts-Bears Superbowl if Chicago made it, because the Bears match up so well. A tough, multiple-back system with a great offensive line, an outstanding linebacking core with physical corners, and a powerful D-line that can pressure the quarterback without blitzing (which is what Peyton loves to read off and carve up a defense). On top of it all, the Bears have the best special teams in football, which is a nightmare for Indy.

Perhaps the only difference between us is the fact that I'm giving the Colts more of a fighting chance in hell. I think it's going to be a pretty close game that could be changed by 1 or 2 plays in every quarter. You aren't giving the Bears a damn bit of credit despite the fact that they went 13-3 and just destroyed New Orleans last week.

But you know what? That's fine. You've said the Colts have been underdogs all postseason. Well guess what. So have the Bears. In fact, people have been writing them off all year. Please keep up the hate that you have no rationale for. Keep laughing at how weak the Bears obviously are. And please expound on how Grossman is the worst QB in the history of Western Civilization (sorry, I've been reading a bunch of Bill Walton quotes lately).

Because every damn thing the media and fans have been berating Grossman and the Bears with this year, every time they've screamed overrated, or how weak the NFC is, just pisses this team the hell off. Reggie Bush made that mistake two weeks ago. You and every other talking head on ESPN who boasts about unstoppable offense is making it now, just as they have since sports became a huge media attraction. When Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison runs a cut route over the middle tomorrow, or Addai attempts to find a whole through the line tomorrow, you're going to realize very quickly that you are not playing the Chiefs, Ravens, or Patriots. It's the Superbowl, and it really doesn't matter how magical of a comeback it was 14 days prior (I was rooting for you the whole way), because there is only one game. And doubt them all you want, the Bears belong in it, because they've earned everything this year but your respect. Which they probably won't even earn if/when they beat the Colts tomorrow, because you and every other hater will find some convenient excuse to write them off. The fact that you're attempting to act unscathed, unworried by this silly little NFC team just shows how you're overcompensating for the fact that this defense scares the hell out of you.

The thing is... it won't matter at that point. One way or the other.

NorCal510
02-03-2007, 08:20 PM
i have $15 on the colts, lost 1 out of 4 bets this playoffs

NorCal510
02-03-2007, 08:20 PM
*3 out of 4

J.T.
02-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Except that since the playoffs started, I've been hoping it would be a Colts-Bears Superbowl if Chicago made it, because the Bears match up so well. A tough, multiple-back system with a great offensive line, an outstanding linebacking core with physical corners, and a powerful D-line that can pressure the quarterback without blitzing (which is what Peyton loves to read off and carve up a defense). On top of it all, the Bears have the best special teams in football, which is a nightmare for Indy.

Perhaps the only difference between us is the fact that I'm giving the Colts more of a fighting chance in hell. I think it's going to be a pretty close game that could be changed by 1 or 2 plays in every quarter. You aren't giving the Bears a damn bit of credit despite the fact that they went 13-3 and just destroyed New Orleans last week.

That's right, because in my eyes, New Orleans beat themselves. Much like Kansas City beat themselves against Indy and San Diego beat themselves against New England. Some teams make stupid mistakes that costs them games. It's easy to win games when the other team turns the ball over and gives you excellent field position. If you want to keep barking at me for not giving the Bears any respect, go ahead. I don't really care what you say to rationalize it, they play in the worst division in the NFL and went .500 against AFC teams, losing to teams like Miami and New England, both of which the Colts beat. The Bears would've been lucky to finish 8-8 in any AFC division, and I have every right to not give them any respect. The only point I will agree with you on is special teams, and barely at that. If Vinatieri kicks away from Hester or can continually drill touchbacks, then the advantage is neutralized. But even if Hester gets the ball, I think Indy will be ready and won't allow returns of longer than 20 yards.

The fact that you're attempting to act unscathed, unworried by this silly little NFC team just shows how you're overcompensating for the fact that this defense scares the hell out of you.

What does the Bears defense have that I have any need to be afraid of? Their defense is not as good as Baltimore's, and stats-wise it's not as good as New England's. And those two teams just happen to be Indianapolis's last two opponents. New England's defenders batted down about three dead-on TD passes that would've sealed the game for Indy long before 1:00 remaining in the 4th. And I don't believe Chicago's cornerbacks and safeties are at the same level as the teams Indy has played to get here, not to mention they have already gotten past Ty Law and Asante Samuel--two of Manning's enemies in postseason play. The Bears have a good D-line, but the Colts O-line could very well neutralize it. I think it's the Bears that should be more worried about getting shut down defensively, since the Colts have yet to allow 100 yards rushing in a postseason game. Flaunt the Bears defense all you want, but their regular season stats are stuffed due to an easy-as-pie schedule and I really have nothing to be afraid of given the better defense of Indianapolis's prior two oppenents.

Burn531
02-04-2007, 01:47 AM
i have $15 on the colts

Watch out big bet!!

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 01:52 AM
I thought TMNT was coming out on March 30th..... :depressed

Cry Havoc
02-04-2007, 12:27 PM
That's right, because in my eyes, New Orleans beat themselves. Much like Kansas City beat themselves against Indy and San Diego beat themselves against New England. Some teams make stupid mistakes that costs them games. If you want to keep barking at me for not giving the Bears any respect, go ahead. I don't really care what you say to rationalize it, they play in the worst division in the NFL and went .500 against AFC teams, losing to teams like Miami and New England, both of which the Colts beat. The Bears would've been lucky to finish 8-8 in any AFC division, and I have every right to not give them any respect. The only point I will agree with you on is special teams, and barely at that. If Vinatieri kicks away from Hester or can continually drill touchbacks, then the advantage is neutralized. But even if Hester gets the ball, I think Indy will be ready and won't allow returns of longer than 20 yards.

New Orleans beat themselves? I guess I just missed the three FORCED fumbles in that game and the pick. I could understand if Brees threw five stupid passes that the Bears picked off and ran back, but that's not the case. The Bears have been the best clutch takeaway defense all season, and if you think it was all a case of the Saints beating themselves, you again underestimate this Bears team. I can understand a team beating themselves.... but by 25 points!? The Saints beat themselves by 3 touchdowns, a two-point conversion, and a field goal? They must have really not wanted to win.

I also rather enjoyed your extrapolation, using the Bears 2-2 AFC record to state in no uncertain terms that they would be 8-8 in the AFC. Does that mean the Cowboys would have been 12-4? After all, they went 3-1 on their AFC stint. And since the Cowboys were 12-4 in the AFC, but they got beat by Seattle, who got beat by the Bears, you could say the Bears are doing a lot better than the solid 12-4 AFC Dallas Cowboys. I'm sure they don't count though, especially since they ended the unbeaten season for Indy. Another convenient "fluke" in your theory.

While it's true that the Colts beat the teams that beat the Bears, the Colts also lost to the likes of Dallas (an NFC team, since you've conveniently forgot to mention that, I'll say it again), and lost to Tennessee and Houston. You have no room to talk about teams the Bears have played, or the weakness of the division if you get stomped by the Jags and then lose to the Texans two weeks later. The Texans probably aren't even the second best football team in their own state: I'm willing to bet the old Houston Oilers could step on the field and still beat the Texans. The Bears do have their own share of defeats, however it's one less than the Colts, and I'm not attempting to assert how invicible the Bears are.

It's easy to win games when the other team turns the ball over and gives you excellent field position.

Which the Bears have been #1 in the NFL at this year. But you know... it was probably all just the Saints being morons. Yeah, that's it.

What does the Bears defense have that I have any need to be afraid of? Their defense is not as good as Baltimore's, and stats-wise it's not as good as New England's. And those two teams just happen to be Indianapolis's last two opponents. New England's defenders batted down about three dead-on TD passes that would've sealed the game for Indy long before 1:00 remaining in the 4th. And I don't believe Chicago's cornerbacks and safeties are at the same level as the teams Indy has played to get here, not to mention they have already gotten past Ty Law and Asante Samuel--two of Manning's enemies in postseason play. The Bears have a good D-line, but the Colts O-line could very well neutralize it. I think it's the Bears that should be more worried about getting shut down defensively, since the Colts have yet to allow 100 yards rushing in a postseason game. Flaunt the Bears defense all you want, but their regular season stats are stuffed due to an easy-as-pie schedule and I really have nothing to be afraid of given the better defense of Indianapolis's prior two oppenents.

I notice you conveniently left out the entire game against the Ravens. You know, the one where Manning looked completely awful in, where the Colts were dominated whenever their offense took the field, the game that would have sent you packing if McNair had any of his greatness left (or a receiver to throw to). The Ravens defense didn't concern you? As in... not scoring a touchdown the entire game doesn't phase you at all? The Bears defense might not be as good as the Ravens, but it's not far behind, and it causes more turnovers in crunch time. You had better hope the Bears don't play defense like the Ravens, because they scared me, and my team is in the NFC.

You're actually comparing the Bears defense to the Pats? The Patriots could fund a modestly-sized hospital with the number of players they had injured for the playoffs. They were the walking wounded of the NFL, and still almost pulled it off. The only team less prepared to play in the post-season was the Bengals, and they missed it due to being preoccupied experimenting with different felony convictions. The Bears are, far and away, a better defense than a crippled NE squad. And they're pissed, mostly because of the media and fans like you who write them off without a second thought.

Mark my words. You will give up 100 rushing yards in this game, if for no other reason than it's on grass, where the Indy D is completely non-existant. It neutralizes your two best front four players. Believe me, Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson are completely sick of hearing how great the Colt offense is, and they're likely even more agitated about hearing how the Colt D has perfromed in the post season. You haven't faced a team as pissed off as the Bears. Urlacher and Co. could care less what game this is, they just want to blindside Manning and watch the ball roll towards the other endzone.

There have been 11 Super Bowls where one team's defense has surrendered at least 50 points fewer than their opponent's defense over the course of the season. The defenses that are at least 50 points better are 11-0. This year, the Bears defense has surrendered 105 points less than the Colts D over the course of the year.

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 01:01 PM
5 1/2 HOURS til SUPERBOWL.......GO BEARS!!!!!!

Viva Las Espuelas
02-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Colts 42-10

Faccia di Angelo
02-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Great posts in here guys. Very impressed. You gotta love football!

I just wish those hours would pass already and they'd play the game!
I want to see Peyton lift that trophy already! :spin

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Good Luck to the Colts and their fans!

But I am feeling it, Da Bears will be the winners. If they are not, that's okay. It has been a good year for Chicago Bears Football.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Colts by 10 or more. Just calling my shot.

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Game time is almost here....:cheer

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Game on Baby.....Go Bears!!! Good luck to the Colts.

dirk4mvp
02-04-2007, 06:27 PM
the choking begins early

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Hester Baby!!!!!!

Slomo
02-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!

angel_luv
02-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Go Bears!!!!!!!

angel_luv
02-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Did they just say that was the first touchdown ever on the kick off of a Super Bowl?

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Damn Bears look all fired up.

greenroom
02-04-2007, 06:34 PM
What was the result of the coin toss. Heads or tails???

Heads

angel_luv
02-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Interception Bears! :)

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-04-2007, 06:36 PM
choker at play again

Melmart1
BWAHAHAHAHA... loving the start to this game...

Vinnie_Johnson
Interception Bears! :)

That's three already they just dropped the other two.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Too bad the game is four quarters long. If it were only 1, the Bears might have a chance.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Choke that, haters.

Pistons < Spurs
Wayne!!!

Vinnie_Johnson
Bears might want to cover that guy.

MannyIsGod
Tony Romo on the Colts now???

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 06:48 PM
The Colts got Romoed!

Vinnie_Johnson
Was that Romo Damn.

MannyIsGod
:lol Beat you, TWICE.

Pistons < Spurs
02-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Colts ball!!!!!!!!!

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Colts ball.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 06:51 PM
What special teams giveth, special teams taketh.

Pistons < Spurs
damn

MannyIsGod
:lmao

What special teams giveth, Addai giveth.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Sloppy football here.

greenroom
What special teams giveth, special teams taketh.

And the Defence taketh away as well :clap

MannyIsGod
Damn, this game is eventfull.

greenroom
02-04-2007, 06:53 PM
ANd the Real Indy defence shows up.

Vinnie_Johnson
I like the T Jones over 77 yards thank you.

MannyIsGod
Grossman FTW? Grossman for the TO! :tu

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 06:54 PM
ANd the Real Indy defence shows up.One big play doesn't mean much in the grand defensive scheme of things.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Grossman comes through.

Pistons < Spurs
Boooooooooo

greenroom
Grossman TD Nice strong toss there

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 06:56 PM
:lol The snickers commercial was great.

Vinnie_Johnson
Snickers lol sick

Pistons < Spurs
quick...do something manly!

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 06:58 PM

Does dude know which way to run?

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Boodlight lmao

greenroom
02-04-2007, 07:01 PM
What a hit on that tackle

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Colts look out of it.

Pistons < Spurs
02-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Fumble!!!!!

dirk4mvp
02-04-2007, 07:05 PM
What a hit on that tackle

right after saying the usual colt's d is back. stfu

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Damn hard hitting going on.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 07:06 PM
right after saying the usual colt's d is back. stfu:lol

Ok, so you didn't cheer the TD right? Cause you ragged on Petyton already. AND THIS IS YOUR TEAM!

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Damn hard hitting going on.Wet Ball too.

dirk4mvp
02-04-2007, 07:08 PM

Ok, so you didn't cheer the TD right? Cause you ragged on Petyton already. AND THIS IS YOUR TEAM!

Just tryin to get it out the choke comment out the way before someone else used it.

Vinnie_Johnson
Better kick it out of bounds

Pistons < Spurs
perfect punt

dirk4mvp
02-04-2007, 07:09 PM
if it wasn't so wet, colts would be winning

Pistons < Spurs
02-04-2007, 07:10 PM
I wish all football was indoors. I hate that weather can impact a game.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 07:11 PM

Football is made to be played outdoors in crappy weather.

dirk4mvp
02-04-2007, 07:13 PM
the usual colt's d is back, shutting rb's down

dirk4mvp
02-04-2007, 07:13 PM
ANd the Real Indy defence shows up.

i just saw it

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 07:14 PM
The colts have given up 2 big plays. The Bears haven't shown much yet.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 07:15 PM
To be fair the Colts haven't been much better.

greenroom
02-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Benson Questionable to return..
Wonder if this is the best for the Bears

shelshor
02-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Football is made to be played outdoors in crappy weather.
:tu :clap

Pistons < Spurs
02-04-2007, 07:24 PM
That may be the worst commercial ever

greenroom
02-04-2007, 07:24 PM

Maybe you should go to Arena Football then.

The NFL is made for the outdoors. Love seeing the Super Bowl played in the Rain.

Just wish the Fans were man/woman enough to stay in the seats. It looks funny to see all those seats empty cause of the rain.

Pistons < Spurs
02-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Maybe you should go to Arena Football then.

The NFL is made for the outdoors. Love seeing the Super Bowl played in the Rain.

I'd rather see players be able to make plays rather than slippery balls and poor footing sloppify the game.

I know I'm in the minority. But to me, the weather takes alot away from the quality of the athletes and the game.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 07:30 PM
:lmao @ that Chevy commercial.

That was great.

dirk4mvp
02-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Vick

Pistons < Spurs
02-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Great effort to get the 1st!

greenroom
02-04-2007, 07:34 PM
I'd rather see players be able to make plays rather than slippery balls and poor footing sloppify the game.

I know I'm in the minority. But to me, the weather takes alot away from the quality of the athletes and the game.

I would agree that it does take away some of the Quality on a even surface, but you do see who can adjust to the game conditions.

Pistons < Spurs
Colts lead!!!

dirk4mvp
Rhodes was a beast on that drive!

Tippecanoe
02-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Fuck!!!!!

MannyIsGod
Too bad the game is four quarters long. If it were only 1, the Bears might have a chance.I think the Colts will lead the rest of the way.

dirk4mvp

Budkin
02-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Let's see if the Bears can actually have an offensive series here.

greenroom
02-04-2007, 07:39 PM
They have the field position back. Short Field is the Key to the Bears winning this game.

Pistons < Spurs
02-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Benson ruled out for the remainder of game.

Pistons < Spurs
02-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Colts D baby!!!

Budkin
The Bears offense just sucks.

Budkin
Benson ruled out for the remainder of game.

Man that sucks.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 07:46 PM

Connectile disfunction.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 07:47 PM
This shit is going to turn into a blowout in the 2nd half.

Pistons < Spurs
02-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Booooo

MannyIsGod
Ohhh, if the Bears can score here I may reevaluate. But I still think Indy blows them out in the 2nd half.

Vinnie_Johnson
Not if they keep on dropping the ball.

MannyIsGod
:lol Nope. Grossman comes through in the clutch.

dirk4mvp
Nice jobe Grossman.

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2007, 07:51 PM
OMFG Grossman is an idiot

dirk4mvp
:lmao

Budkin
Grossman is a fucking joke! :lmao

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Manning running the option? sweet.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 07:53 PM
The Sloppy Bowl.

Trainwreck2100
Why were there only black people in that commercial???

dirk4mvp
Manning running the option? sweet.

Remined me of Matt Jones back in his Arkansas days. :lol

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Hmmm, nothing like commercializing the 2 black coaches to make me all warm and fuzzy. Worst commercial of the night.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 07:55 PM
:lol That old man kicked ass.

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Hmmm, nothing like commercializing the 2 black coaches to make me all warm and fuzzy. Worst commercial of the night.

Ok that's why

greenroom
02-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Why were there only black people in that commercial???

Umm Black History month.
:reading

MannyIsGod
Ok that's whyYeah, black people everywhere should thank Tostitos, duh.

OMG! He missed!

Vinnie_Johnson
Choke..............

Tippecanoe
nice kick vinatieri

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2007, 07:57 PM
That might come back to bite them in the ass

MannyIsGod
K, well I still think this game is headed to blowout country.

Gerryatrics
The Superbowl is making me feel guilty for not being Black. :depressed

Ouch, does the rain affect the kick when you're that freakin' close? Pathetic.

Amarelooms
02-04-2007, 07:58 PM
This game sucks...both teams are horrible. Rather see the Saints vs the Patriots play

Budkin
02-04-2007, 07:59 PM
I don't think I've ever seen Vinatieri miss a FG... ever.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 07:59 PM
This game sucks...both teams are horrible. Rather see the Saints vs the Patriots play

Tippecanoe
02-04-2007, 08:00 PM
I don't think I've ever seen Vinatieri miss a FG... ever.

haha, i thought the same about vanderjact last playoffs

CHOKE!!

MannyIsGod
what what? That was a pretty exciting first half. What more do you want?

Vinnie_Johnson
Hey is there any half time chicks playing football in their under ware shows?

Gerryatrics
02-04-2007, 08:01 PM
The commercials have sucked so far this year. There have been a couple of good ones, way too many CBS commercials and old stuff though.

NorCal510
02-04-2007, 08:01 PM
good half, dont complain cuz the bitch ass cowboys didnt go no where

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2007, 08:02 PM
what what? That was a pretty exciting first half. What more do you want?

I'd like for Beyonce to have a wardrobe malfunction

Slinkyman
02-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Hey is there any half time chicks playing football in their under ware shows?

well prince is playing at halftime.

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2007, 08:03 PM
The commercials have sucked so far this year. There have been a couple of good ones, way too many CBS commercials and old stuff though.

The volume of CBS commercials is staggering

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 08:04 PM
well prince is playing at halftime.
:spless:

boutons_
02-04-2007, 08:04 PM
half-time entertainment:

Super-Size or Cry: Real Men Have Long Diagonals

By Dave Barry
Sunday, February 4, 2007; D07

It's Super Bowl Sunday at last. Finally -- after all the hype, all the parties, all the talk -- we will get to see what the Super Bowl is really, in the end, all about: the TV commercials.

There will be a lot of them, because the total Super Bowl broadcast package runs longer than the administration of the late Gerald Ford, having begun two weeks ago with the pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pregame show "Peyton Manning: The Early Bowel Movements." You will not want to miss a single hour of this coverage.

SPECIAL MESSAGE FOR MEN: I assume you will be watching on a brand-new, high-definition TV with an 11-foot diagonal screen delivering a picture so enormously lifelike that, to comprehend what you are seeing, you have to watch from your driveway. I hope you did not allow anybody -- defined as "your wife" -- to convince you that you don't need a new TV, because your current TV still works fine, or you need the money for your child's insulin, or some other lame excuse. You do not want to be known in your neighborhood as "the guy with the small diagonal."

The Super Bowl is today; the electronics stores are open RIGHT NOW. You need to step up and be a MAN, by clipping out the following newspaper article and giving it to your wife:

SMALL TVS

CAUSE CANCER,

STUDY SHOWS

NEW YORK OR BOSTON (AP) -- A scientific study, done by scientists, has shown that small television screens cause cancer.

"If your TV set is not the size of, at minimum, a Toyota Camry, you are taking a serious medical risk," stated Dr. Harold Gropenfinger, a scientist. "A person who would deliberately expose her family, including children, to a smaller TV is, in my scientific opinion, scum."

Dr. Gropenfinger won the 1998 Nobel Peace Prize for Science for discovering that beer prevents heart disease.

Aside from the commercials, the highlight of the Super Bowl broadcast package is expected to be the Pepsi Or Coke "They Taste Essentially the Same" Halftime Show, headlined by a name that has long been virtually synonymous with pro football: Prince.

Prince held a press conference Thursday at the Miami Beach Convention Center; he told the press that, while he admired the potency of the Indianapolis offense, he expected the Bears to neutralize the Colts' deep-strike air attack by dropping seven men into coverage.

Ha! I am of course joking. Prince -- who is, physically, smaller than the average NFL player's protective cup -- did not talk about football, or anything else. Instead he brought his band and his hot women dancers, and they did some songs for the media, expressing the theme: "I may be tiny and sexually ambiguous, but you will notice that these hot women dancers are writhing against me, as opposed to you, loser media person."

The big question on everybody's mind, of course, is: What is the danger that we, as a nation, will be exposed to Prince's nipple? I regret to report that, judging by the press conference, the danger is very real. Prince wore an unbuttoned shirt, and when he writhed around, there was definite visible nipplage. However, because he is Prince, we are talking about extremely small nipples. However, if you have purchased a doctor-recommended cancer-preventing large-diagonal TV, even Prince's nipple will appear in your family room to be the size of a dinner plate.

What I'm saying is, be ready.

The Super Bowl pregame show will feature another name that has strong football associations: Cirque du Soleil (French for "Strap of the Jock"). We got a small taste of the pregame show at the press conference, and all I can say is, if you like mimes, you will love this show! It includes people dressed as sexually ambiguous referees riding on giant flamingos, just as the late Vince Lombardi used to do.

Also appearing at the press conference was Billy Joel, who will sing the national anthem with both nipples fully covered. One of the many bets you can place in Las Vegas on the Super Bowl this year -- I am not making this up -- is whether the anthem will go over, or under, one minute and 42 seconds. Joel was asked at the press conference how long he expects to take, and he replied: "I don't know. I'm only saying that because I might be betting myself."

GAME ADVISORY: The football-game part of the Super Bowl is currently projected to start sometime either late tonight or tomorrow morning. Tickets are no longer available, but U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo has invited everybody to watch the game with him at his winter getaway home in Hialeah, "Casa Tancredo." He promises to "ride the flamingo," whatever that means.

2007Dave Barry Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services

loveThe23
02-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Just Prince ? I thought Fergie was? Not that I want her to.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 08:08 PM
"remember when we used to argue over who was better between Michael and Prince? Prince won" - Chris Rock

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2007, 08:08 PM
A meteorrite would be a godsend right about now

greenroom
02-04-2007, 08:09 PM
"remember when we used to argue over who was better between Michael and Prince? Prince won" - Chris Rock

But both are really kinda freaky.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Where's the Joker?

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Has anyone seen A Night With Kevin Smith? The portion where he talks about Prince is hillarious.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 08:11 PM
But both are really kinda freaky.Freaky > Child Molestor

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Do you think Prince's wardrobe malfunction would be "tear out" butt cheeks with lacy underwear underneath???

greenroom
02-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Freaky > Child Molestor

Very True

MannyIsGod
Woah, bad ass he's playing the Foo

MannyIsGod
Do you think Prince's wardrobe malfunction would be "tear out" butt cheeks with lacy underwear underneath???I think Prince showing his nipple could be the best statement of how stupid the FCC and the people of this country can be.

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2007, 08:14 PM
did they just ripp off the foo fighters??

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Prince ala Foo

MannyIsGod
02-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Haha, what an appropriate song

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2007, 08:16 PM
That shodow shit with his penis shaped guitar might piss off the FCC

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 08:16 PM
The guitar and shadow looks like Prince has a devil's tail....

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2007, 08:21 PM
God Katie Couric sucks ass.

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Why can't mexicans have new trucks?

Burn531
02-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Was Grossman even on the feild in the 1st half?

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 08:26 PM
From the look of the stats...not really

Tippecanoe
02-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Was Grossman even on the feild in the 1st half?

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 08:28 PM
The stats are showing Manning throwing 18 completions in 27 attempts in the 1st half....

T Park
02-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Addai if he keeps it up, is MVP IMO.

greenroom
02-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Addai if he keeps it up, is MVP IMO.

No if the Colts do win it will be Manning. No way the NFL does not reward its poster boy

Tippecanoe
02-04-2007, 08:30 PM
my god!! this "lets not give up big yardage, but give up all the short gains in the world" defensive scheme is killing the bears

loveThe23
02-04-2007, 08:31 PM
The stats are showing Manning throwing 18 completions in 27 attempts in the 1st half....

Rashofan, love the Rex pics in your sig lol

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks Kmart Girl...

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Bout time for another fumble.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Bears Defense is breathing hard already.

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Colts making a Challenge...

T Park
02-04-2007, 08:37 PM
what a stupid challenge this is.

Slinkyman
02-04-2007, 08:38 PM
dungy must actually try to lose challenges, i've never seen anybody lose so many.

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2007, 08:39 PM
His challenge prob froze veneterri

T Park
02-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Dungy gonna regret that challenge

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2007, 08:41 PM
That etrade commercial was good

RashoFan
02-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Bear Down Chicago Bears.....