PDA

View Full Version : travis outlaw

silk
01-22-2007, 10:49 AM
what would you think of this guy? blazers could be interested by veterans barry oberto or even bowen. Barry + craps for magloire and outlaw could work i think...a line-up of parker manu outlaw duncan elson could resolve our rebounding and quickness problem

I'm sure the simple-minded will be quick to come out with the classic barry for lebron thing but though what i suggest would certainly be difficult to come by it would not be that impossible.

Blazers love that guy see a lot of potential in him but they have so much young guy the will not be able to pay them all..

Kori Ellis
01-22-2007, 10:56 AM
The Spurs won't trade Bowen for him. But I don't know if you saw this in the other thread...

There's a rumor that they're talking to San Antonio trying to get Brent Barry for Joel Przybilla or Jamaal Magloire (the latter of which would involved Eric Williams). The Spurs say they're not interested in that but would like Travis Outlaw to help compensate for the Mavericks' athleticism. They've long been interested in Travis and will probably bid for him in the off-season if they can't get him via trade.

Mr. Body
01-22-2007, 11:01 AM
I would be ecstatic to get Outlaw for Barry... or anyone off the bench. The reasoning isn't too suspect -- they have scads of young players plus a fairly nice pick in this draft. Don't think Barry would be enough, unfortunately.

ace3g
01-22-2007, 11:18 AM
I would go after Outlaw, Jumaine Jones, or Viktor Khryapa

Mr. Body
01-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Pryz should have come here in the first place.

It's probably better he didn't. He's a shotblocker, but would have absorbed the entire MLE.

For his sake, he might not have been kicked in the nuts, or whatever put him out for months.

Kori Ellis
01-22-2007, 11:46 AM
It's probably better he didn't. He's a shotblocker, but would have absorbed the entire MLE.

For his sake, he might not have been kicked in the nuts, or whatever put him out for months.

Yeah I've never understood that injury. I know he got a bad knee to the nuts, but I have never seen that put out a player for such a long time.

Beaverfuzz
01-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Outlaw would be a great pickup for the Spurs, they need another taller, more physical guy.

MoSpur
01-22-2007, 12:19 PM
I love that kid. His last name alone. I hope the Spurs get him via trade or someone with his size.

Streakyshooter08
01-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Well I am not sure if he would help THAT much but he is an interesting player. Unfortunately he is a bad 3pt shooter and only a average rebounder for his size. I would like Maggette more but I guess there is a better chance of getting Outlaw here.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-22-2007, 01:48 PM
I'd rather just give E-Will more time.

Mr. Body
01-22-2007, 02:34 PM
I'd rather just give E-Will more time.

For what?!

ShoogarBear
01-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah I've never understood that injury. I know he got a bad knee to the nuts, but I have never seen that put out a player for such a long time.I wonder if while he was out somebody told him he needs to grow a pair.

ArgSpursFan
01-22-2007, 03:48 PM
If they´re so fool to trade Barry for Him,I´d say It would be the best fucking deal of the century for the spurs.I´m on!

AFBlue
01-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Right kid; wrong time. The Spurs need immediate production, not a project who can't help them in the playoff run this season.

Mr. Body
01-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Right kid; wrong time. The Spurs need immediate production, not a project who can't help them in the playoff run this season.

You're right (unfortunately). We couldn't afford to give up Barry for someone who won't play much this year.