PDA

View Full Version : Malik's Tirade

Kori Ellis
01-22-2007, 11:12 AM
I missed it but I guess Malik is losing it. :lol

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01222007/sports/knicks/marbury_to_play_with_pain__again_knicks_marc_berma n.htm

Malik Rose's bizarre tirade on the bench after being taken out for Jared Jeffries with 24.3 seconds left was another indication he's having trouble accepting his minuscule role. When Quentin Richardson and Nate Robinson returned to the lineup after the West Coast trip, Rose was out of the rotation for good. He did not play in four straight games before being excavated Friday against the Nets, when he played six minutes, and playing eight minutes Saturday.

Rose yelled, "That's bull[bleep]" looking at Thomas as he came off the court, then violently kicked a chair and kept muttering, then yelled another profanity as he looked down the bench. His teammates and coaches looked at him bewildered. During the West Coast trip, Rose told The Post, "I can't say I'm getting screwed. I'm the odd man out. Today's an easier day to talk about it. You caught me on the right day. Some days I get frustrated and angry."

After the game, Rose said he was not directing his wrath at Thomas, but was vague on why he was so upset. Two plays earlier, Rose had been called for traveling.

"I tend to worry about the refs and things I can't control," Rose said after the game. Two weeks ago, Rose said he would not request a trade, but that could change now.

Mr. Body
01-22-2007, 11:15 AM
AHF will want to reacquire him and start him as point guard, like he did Maggette. Our starting backcourt?

Kori Ellis
01-22-2007, 11:15 AM
AHF will want to reacquire him and start him as point guard, like he did Maggette.

:lol

boutons_
01-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Malik's conceit is way bigger than his talent.

He didn't stick in SA, and he's not getting PT under his 3rd? Knicks coach.
Can't he take the hint?

When I watched him a few weeks ago, he much fatter than he was in SA
Upper arms just jiggly fat, no muscle outlines to to be seen.
He and Curry seem to have a contest gong to be the flabbiest Knick.

He made a fantastic contribution to the 02/03 season, then disappeared out of anybody's rotation, and still not resurfaced.

MoSpur
01-22-2007, 12:13 PM
I think he lost his work ethic when he got that crazy contract. If he were to trim some of that weight off of him and just hustle like he did for the Spurs before the contract, he would probably get more playing time.

Shelly
01-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Maybe he's still upset about his restaurant in the Quarry closing. Why did that close anyway. Is the one in Silverado still open?

Kori Ellis
01-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Maybe he's still upset about his restaurant in the Quarry closing. Why did that close anyway. Is the one in Silverado still open?

Closed too.

Shelly
01-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Closed too.

They had the worst service there. No one would ever answer the phones.

angel_luv
01-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Poor Malik. I wish he would get traded to a contending team where he would be utilized and appreciated.

If anything, he's probably still in mourning over the Saints beating his Eagles. :lol

Seriously, I was told by a waitress at the Silverado location which was still open in October, that the Quarry location was closed but Malik was opening a new location at 281 and 1604.
She didn't tell me the timeline though.

Kori Ellis
01-22-2007, 12:42 PM
They had the worst service there. No one would ever answer the phones.

Weirdly, I had never gone to that location even though it's right here. I liked the one at the Quarry though.

The restaurant business is tough, but no excuse for bad customer service.

angel_luv
01-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Closed too.

Or not. Wow, when did it close?

remingtonbo2001
01-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Poor Malik.....It's okay, you can come back home....We won't mind....I think the Toros have an open roster spot....James White AND Malik Rose. Talk bout' a lineup.

Kori Ellis
01-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Or not. Wow, when did it close?

I don't know exactly. LJ and I noticed a few weeks ago when we were in that parking lot.

angel_luv
01-22-2007, 12:50 PM
I don't know exactly. LJ and I noticed a few weeks ago when we were in that parking lot.

:depressed Now where am I suppose to go on my birthday?

Time's ticking Malik- open the new place for Summer 07. :)

Shelly
01-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Weirdly, I had never gone to that location even though it's right here. I liked the one at the Quarry though.

The restaurant business is tough, but no excuse for bad customer service.

Bob went to the one in the Quarry a lot since it's not far from his office. But every time he'd call the one by us to place his order, they'd never answer the phone. So he stopped trying.

I guess he couldn't compete with Luby's! :lol

remingtonbo2001
01-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Maybe it's time to dust of the RUGRATS BLANKET?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-22-2007, 01:14 PM
AHF will want to reacquire him and start him as point guard, like he did Maggette. Our starting backcourt?

:lol

Where did I ever talk about Maggette playing point? You're a moron.

Every time I think you can't come up with a more idiotic post, you prove me wrong.

I'm not the one who wanted Javtokas to be our starting center for the full MLE...

ploto
01-22-2007, 01:41 PM
The one at Silverado has been closed for a while. I really don't think he has any plans to continue these.

johnpaulwall21
01-22-2007, 01:41 PM
He did a good job when they played the Spurs earlier this season, but it must be tough living at the bench of the worst team in the NBA.
MALIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

RogerIsEatingASandwich
01-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Poor Leaky he's gone loco

Notorious H.O.P.
01-22-2007, 06:30 PM
He's probably trying to get bought out. He probably figures he's done with the professionalism he was able to muster and has moved straight to malcontent in a effort to get out of there at all costs whether it be traded, cut or bought out.

SequSpur
01-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Malik Rose sucks... why do you all keep talking about him?

gay...

angel_luv
01-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Or maybe he just had a bad day.

Mr. Body
01-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Where did I ever talk about Maggette playing point?

Hmm... That might have been Manny who said that. But I have some respect for that guy so I probably attributed such an idiotic statement to you. Easy mistake to make, I'm sure you understand.

Marcus Bryant
01-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Can't blame him.

Willinsa
01-22-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm shocked nobody has started a thread to get him back.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Hmm... That might have been Manny who said that. But I have some respect for that guy so I probably attributed such an idiotic statement to you. Easy mistake to make, I'm sure you understand.

Pretty easy to understand, you are the biggest idiot on the site.

exstatic
01-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Everything happening to Malik was caused by Malik. He thought he could get strong on Pop in 03-04 after he got his contract, like Pop couldn't do anything once he paid him. Guess who won that one?
:lmao

The Truth #6
01-22-2007, 08:09 PM
He never had a lot of skill. He hustled, but with age that begins to wane. Coming back to the Spurs would be the worst thing for him. Why would he want to get buried by Pop again?

IceColdBrewski
01-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Didn't he get into it with AJ?

Didn't he get into it with Nate Robinson?

Didn't he punch his mother's "companion" and shatter his eye socket?

Sounds like Malik just has an attitude problem.

Marcus Bryant
01-22-2007, 08:34 PM
It was cool watching the Spurs have trouble rebounding against the Mavs last playoffs. I guess you all are loyal to something else.

T Park
01-22-2007, 11:32 PM
If you think Malik is worth a shit anymore, than you really have fallen off bryant.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-22-2007, 11:50 PM
It was cool watching the Spurs have trouble rebounding against the Mavs last playoffs. I guess you all are loyal to something else.

If you're going to live in the past, maybe we can get Jaren Jackson to come back and hit some clutch threes in the playoffs.

exstatic
01-23-2007, 12:03 AM
Put him on ignore. It's easier than watching him become Ghost Writer.

T Park
01-23-2007, 12:04 AM
I guess he feels the need to do it, now that Ghost is retired.

Marcus Bryant
01-23-2007, 12:13 AM
:yawn

Fucking sheep.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-23-2007, 12:19 AM

Tired post from a tired poster.

I know what we need to do to catch the Mavs:

* Jaren Jackson
* Malik Rose
* Get AJ to run backup point in between coaching the Mavs

If only we could all be so smart...

Kori Ellis
01-23-2007, 12:20 AM
I only posted this thread because I thought it was funny that Malik is losing it so much he's cussing at his coach. Not because I wanted to him back here or anything :lol

exstatic
01-23-2007, 12:23 AM
I only posted this thread because I thought it was funny that Malik is losing it so much he's cussing at his coach. Not because I wanted to him back here or anything :lol
Posting anything about Malik or Rasho is like throwing a grenade into the forum, Kori. The plotos and MB's come out of the woodwork, pining for their lost loves.

Marcus Bryant
01-23-2007, 12:24 AM

Tired post from a tired poster.

Yeah, it's a weeknight. Sue me.

I know what we need to do to catch the Mavs:

* Jaren Jackson
* Malik Rose
* Get AJ to run backup point in between coaching the Mavs

If only we could all be so smart...

Nah, what we need is Beetle Bailey as head coach.

johnpaulwall21
01-23-2007, 12:25 AM
Maliiiiikkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcus Bryant
01-23-2007, 12:25 AM
Posting anything about Malik or Rasho is like throwing a grenade into the forum, Kori. The plotos and MB's come out of the woodwork, pining for their lost loves.

And then, there are the forgettables...

T Park
01-23-2007, 12:27 AM
the current marcus bryant reminds me of the episode of family guy where they showed Reagan hitting the brick wall on the Burger King.

A sad sad carcas of something that was once great.

Marcus Bryant
01-23-2007, 12:28 AM
And then there was T Park, the carcass of what never was...

T Park
01-23-2007, 12:29 AM
then theres marcus, hanging on like Hakeem with the Raptors.

Marcus Bryant
01-23-2007, 12:31 AM
Anyways, you guys want to pretend that all is well with this team. It is not. It was clear prior to the start of the season that this team would regress this season.

exstatic
01-23-2007, 12:32 AM
then theres marcus, hanging on like Hakeem with the Raptors.
Oh, shit. Scoffed by TPark. :lmao

Marcus Bryant
01-23-2007, 12:34 AM
Oh no. :jack

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Anyways, you guys want to pretend that all is well with this team. It is not. It was clear prior to the start of the season that this team would regress this season.

I don't think anyone here thinks 'all is well'.

Most of us do realize that a scrub 6'4" power forward that is four years removed from being another other than a fuck up on the court isn't going to put us over the hump against Dallas.

Marcus Bryant
01-23-2007, 12:38 AM
Michael Finley started at the 4 in that series. Michael Finley.

Buy a clue, Beetle Bailey.

T Park
01-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Im usually a blind homer, and even I have admitted this team needs a trade to keep up with Dallas or Phoenix.

More Dallas than Phoenix.

If the trade doesnt happen, then ill root for the team, and if they win great, if they dont, theres always next year.

Its just sports.

T Park
01-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Michael Finley started at the 4 in that series. Michael Finley.

Buy a clue, Beetle Bailey

Yet Malik Rose of the can't get off the bench of the Knicks fame, is gonna be a better option than Finley?

Buy a clue Haggar the Horrible.

Marcus Bryant
01-23-2007, 12:42 AM
Furthermore, the player who the Spurs dealt Rose and 2 1st rounders for was worthless in that series. Again, that's what happens when you make moves for reasons other than basketball. Mohammed was as much a malcontent as Rose anyways. But at least Rose was useful against the Mavs. And those two picks wouldn't have been that bad either.

But I guess the Spurs really got one over on the Knicks. :rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
01-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Yet Malik Rose of the can't get off the bench of the Knicks fame, is gonna be a better option than Finley?

Buy a clue Haggar the Horrible.

As your power forward? Um, yeah.

T Park
01-23-2007, 12:51 AM
As your power forward? Um, yeah.

He would've contributed as much as Oberto.

Nowtizki would've had his ass on the bench so quick he wouldn't have known what hit him.

Give me a break.

angel_luv
01-23-2007, 12:56 AM
I would pitch in at this point but I am afraid someone will rebuke me with a " Mind your own business, Snoopy" :lol