PDA

View Full Version : Vick a Raider?

MajorMike
01-22-2007, 03:36 PM
One hemp smoker for another?

The Raiders are preparing to make a run at Michael Vick, according to NFL sources. The Raiders package would include receivers Randy Moss and Jerry Porter plus the No.1 overall pick in the 2007 draft for Vick and the Falcons first round pick (10th overall).
-- foxsports.com

Fabbs
01-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Naw. ATL would not go for that.
QB Vick much more valuable then wideout Moss.

Sweeten the pot. :lol

sa_butta
01-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Naw. ATL would not go for that.
QB Vick much more valuable then wideout Moss.

Sweeten the pot. :lolMoss, Porter and a first rounder.

Horry For 3!
01-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Atlanta would get one hell of a deal. Vick blows.

Matt Schaub > Michael Vick (as a passer, which is what Atlanta needs)

MajorMike
01-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Word is, Vick is on his way out one way or another.

sa_butta
01-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Word is, Vick is on his way out one way or another.Im sure the feeling is mutual between both parties.

rayray2k8
01-22-2007, 04:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2738494

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick won't face criminal charges over a suspicious bottle he tried to bring through security at Miami International Airport.

Lab tests on the bottle, which contained a hidden compartment that police suspected may have contained marijuana, found no evidence of drugs, according to a memo Monday by Deisy Rodriguez, an assistant state attorney.

"Based on the lab's findings, the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office is not filing criminal charges," Rodriguez said in the memo, adding the bottle is no longer considered evidence in an investigation.

Over the weekend, league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Vick would be cleared.

Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts applauded the swift action by the Miami authorities.

Vick's attorney, Lawrence H. Woodward Jr., said Vick wanted to put the matter behind him.

"Michael fully understands that his actions on and off the field are a reflection on the Atlanta Falcons and the NFL," Woodward said in a statement faxed to The Associated Press. "Michael intends to spend this off-season focusing on his family, working with his teammates and the new coaching staff to ensure that the Falcons have a great season in 2007, and devoting time to his charitable interests."

The 26-year-old player was forced to surrender the bottle when he attempted to take it through airport security last Wednesday. He was not arrested and went on to board an AirTran flight to Atlanta.

A police report said the bottle appeared from the outside to contain water but had a compartment behind the label. That compartment contained a "small amount of dark particulate" and an odor consistent with marijuana, the report said. Monday's memo did not say what the material was.

Police had also said last week the lab analysis could take several weeks.

Possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana is a misdemeanor under Florida law, punishable by up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. First offenders rarely do jail time.
http://www.wsbtv.com/2006/1127/10401228_240X180.jpg
Well...
He qualifies as a Raider. :lol

Vinnie_Johnson
01-22-2007, 04:58 PM
I would love to see Vick go to The Raiders. lmao...

leemajors
01-22-2007, 06:30 PM
One hemp smoker for another?

What do you think as a raider fan? vick is better than anything they have atm at qb for sure, and i would think davis would bring in an offensive mind to develop a system to maximize his talents. could be a good move for both teams?

NorCal510
01-22-2007, 07:28 PM
stupid enough of a trade for al davis to do

stretch
01-22-2007, 10:23 PM
What do you think as a raider fan? vick is better than anything they have atm at qb for sure, and i would think davis would bring in an offensive mind to develop a system to maximize his talents. could be a good move for both teams?
well, as a raider fan, if they found some crazy way to trade for him, and keep Moss and their defense intact, i would do it in a heartbeat. Moss would PERFECTLY compliment that tremendous arm strength that he has. and the shitty line wouldnt show as much, since he can run. but that would be quite hard to pull off such a trade.

T Park
01-23-2007, 12:47 AM
If I were Atlanta, I'd do that trade so fast, Oakland's head would spin.

The first overall pick, a good Moss decent Porter, to put around a pretty solid QB In Schaub?

Do it Atlanta if you have any brains at all.

MajorMike
01-23-2007, 08:39 AM
And can pick Peterman as 1st pick at RB.

johngateswhiteley
01-23-2007, 03:08 PM
if i'm atlanta i do that trade in a heartbeat. funny thing is, i was thinking a while back the Raiders are perfect for atlanta getting rid of this guy.

Pugglekicker_21
01-23-2007, 07:26 PM
that is a good trade. you could get rid of Vick amd put in Schuab and fix what they need most help on in the offense besides QB which is Wr and have alegit 1-2 punch with moss on one side porter on the other and Deangelo Hall as the slot becaus ehe can actually catch the passes vick throws in practice. Speaking of hall id use that 1st round pick on a cb or pass rushing de or lb because hall cannot cover the entire field by himself. RB is not a concern for them because with dunn and norwood they shouldnt need to use a 1st round pick for AD.if this trade happens look out for the falcons in 2007